Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ckm
Description: creatine kinase, M-type
Alias: CPK-M, Ckmm, creatine kinase M-type, M-CK, creatine kinase M chain, creatine kinase, muscle, creatine phosphokinase M-type
- Bulfield G, Siller W, Wight P, Moore K. X chromosome-linked muscular dystrophy (mdx) in the mouse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1984;81:1189-92 pubmed..Linkage analysis with four X chromosome loci indicates that mdx maps in the Hq Bpa region of the mouse X chromosome. This gives a gene order of mdx-Tfm-Pgk-1-Ags, the same as for the equivalent genes on the human X chromosome. ..
- Zhao J, Schmieg F, Simmons D, Molloy G. Mouse p53 represses the rat brain creatine kinase gene but activates the rat muscle creatine kinase gene. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:8483-92 pubmedThe creatine kinases (CK) regenerate ATP for cellular reactions with a high energy expenditure. While muscle CK (CKM) is expressed almost exclusively in adult skeletal and cardiac muscle, brain CK (CKB) expression is more widespread and ..
- McMullen C, Hayess K, Andrade F. Fatigue resistance of rat extraocular muscles does not depend on creatine kinase activity. BMC Physiol. 2005;5:12 pubmed..Total AK activity was similar in EDL and extraocular muscles. These data indicate that the characteristic fatigue resistance of the extraocular muscles does not depend on CK activity. ..
- Callahan L, Supinski G. Diaphragm and cardiac mitochondrial creatine kinases are impaired in sepsis. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;102:44-53 pubmed..001 and P = 0.009, respectively, comparing sepsis to control conditions). Our data indicate that endotoxin markedly impairs the MtCK-ATP transporter system; this phenomenon may have significant effects on diaphragm and cardiac function. ..
- Sher R, Aoyama C, Huebsch K, Ji S, Kerner J, Yang Y, et al. A rostrocaudal muscular dystrophy caused by a defect in choline kinase beta, the first enzyme in phosphatidylcholine biosynthesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4938-48 pubmed..The rmd mutant mouse offers the first demonstration of a defect in a phospholipid biosynthetic enzyme causing muscular dystrophy, representing a unique model for understanding mechanisms of muscle degeneration. ..