Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Chrna10
Description: cholinergic receptor nicotinic alpha 10 subunit
Alias: neuronal acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-10, NACHR alpha-10, cholinergic receptor, nicotinic, alpha 10 (neuronal), cholinergic receptor, nicotinic, alpha polypeptide 10, neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit, nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit alpha-10
- Katz E, Elgoyhen A, Gómez Casati M, Knipper M, Vetter D, Fuchs P, et al. Developmental regulation of nicotinic synapses on cochlear inner hair cells. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7814-20 pubmed..Furthermore, this developmental knock-out of alpha10, but not alpha9, supports the hypothesis that functional nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in hair cells are heteromers containing both these subunits. ..
- Vetter D, Katz E, Maison S, Taranda J, Turcan S, Ballestero J, et al. The alpha10 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit is required for normal synaptic function and integrity of the olivocochlear system. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:20594-9 pubmed..Moreover, alpha10 nAChR subunits are required for normal olivocochlear activity because alpha9 homomeric nAChRs do not support maintenance of normal olivocochlear innervation or function in alpha10(-/-) mutant mice. ..
- Albuquerque E, Pereira E, Alkondon M, Rogers S. Mammalian nicotinic acetylcholine receptors: from structure to function. Physiol Rev. 2009;89:73-120 pubmed publisher..Despite these numerous developments, our understanding of the contributions of specific neuronal nAChR subtypes to the many facets of physiology throughout the body remains in its infancy. ..
- Lips K, Konig P, Schätzle K, Pfeil U, Krasteva G, Spies M, et al. Coexpression and spatial association of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits alpha7 and alpha10 in rat sympathetic neurons. J Mol Neurosci. 2006;30:15-6 pubmed..1995; Jares-Erijman and Jovin, 2003). ..
- Morley B, Simmons D. Developmental mRNA expression of the alpha10 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit in the rat cochlea. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2002;139:87-96 pubmed..Our studies raise the question of whether the alpha9 and alpha10 subunits are differentially regulated during embryonic and postnatal development. ..
- Lipovsek M, Im G, Franchini L, Pisciottano F, Katz E, Fuchs P, et al. Phylogenetic differences in calcium permeability of the auditory hair cell cholinergic nicotinic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:4308-13 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that high Ca(2+) permeability of the ?9?10 cholinergic nicotinic receptor might have evolved together with other features that have given the mammalian ear an expanded high-frequency sensitivity...
- Osman A, Schrader A, Hawkes A, Akil O, Bergeron A, Lustig L, et al. Muscle-like nicotinic receptor accessory molecules in sensory hair cells of the inner ear. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2008;38:153-69 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that RIC-3 facilitates receptor function, while rapsyn enhances receptor clustering at the cell surface. ..
- Weisstaub N, Vetter D, Elgoyhen A, Katz E. The alpha9alpha10 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor is permeable to and is modulated by divalent cations. Hear Res. 2002;167:122-35 pubmed..8 mM Ca(2+) (14.3 microM), suggesting that potentiation by Ca(2+) involves changes in the apparent affinity of the alpha 9 alpha 10 receptor for ACh. ..