Genomes and Genes
chemotactic protein 3
Gene Symbol: chemotactic protein 3
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 7
Alias: C-C motif chemokine 7, MCP-3, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 7, chemotactic protein-3, monocyte chemoattractant protein 3, monocyte chemotactic protein 3, small-inducible cytokine A7
Products: chemotactic protein 3
- Huber J, Kiefer F, Zeyda M, Ludvik B, Silberhumer G, Prager G, et al. CC chemokine and CC chemokine receptor profiles in visceral and subcutaneous adipose tissue are altered in human obesity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2008;93:3215-21 pubmed publisher..Up-regulation of the CC chemokines and their respective receptors in adipose tissue occurs in human obesity and is associated with increased systemic inflammation. ..
- Morgan D, Jokinen M, Price H, Gwinn W, Palmer S, Flake G. Bronchial and bronchiolar fibrosis in rats exposed to 2,3-pentanedione vapors: implications for bronchiolitis obliterans in humans. Toxicol Pathol. 2012;40:448-65 pubmed publisher..Significantly, PD also caused both intraluminal and intramural fibrotic airway lesions in rats. The histopathological and biological changes observed in rats raise concerns that PD inhalation may cause BO in exposed humans. ..
- Zhang C, Shen J, Lam T, Zeng H, Chiang S, Yang F, et al. Activation of microglia and chemokines in light-induced retinal degeneration. Mol Vis. 2005;11:887-95 pubmed
- Ke B, Huang X, Li Y, Li L, Xu Q, Gao Y, et al. Neuronal-derived Ccl7 drives neuropathic pain by promoting astrocyte proliferation. Neuroreport. 2016;27:849-57 pubmed publisher..We found a novel mechanism of Ccl7 stimulating the proliferation and activation of spinal cord astrocytes that contributes toward neuropathic pain. ..
- McManus C, Berman J, Brett F, Staunton H, Farrell M, Brosnan C. MCP-1, MCP-2 and MCP-3 expression in multiple sclerosis lesions: an immunohistochemical and in situ hybridization study. J Neuroimmunol. 1998;86:20-9 pubmed..These results support the conclusion that members of the MCP family of chemokines are involved in the development of MS lesions in the central nervous system. ..
- Steger Hartmann T, Raschke M, Riefke B, Pietsch H, Sieber M, Walter J. The involvement of pro-inflammatory cytokines in nephrogenic systemic fibrosis - a mechanistic hypothesis based on preclinical results from a rat model treated with gadodiamide. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2009;61:537-52 pubmed publisher..The inherent persistence of the Gd-deposits may subsequently result in an overactivation of pro-inflammatory pathways progressing towards overt skin effects. ..
- Wright E, Frenkiel S, Ghaffar O, al Ghamdi K, Luster A, Miotto D, et al. Monocyte chemotactic protein expression in allergy and non-allergy-associated chronic sinusitis. J Otolaryngol. 1998;27:281-7 pubmed..Further, chemokines may be a common link between the eosinophilia of allergy-associated and non-allergy-associated CS, a finding that may have therapeutic implications. ..
- Ben Baruch A, Xu L, Young P, Bengali K, Oppenheim J, Wang J. Monocyte chemotactic protein-3 (MCP3) interacts with multiple leukocyte receptors. C-C CKR1, a receptor for macrophage inflammatory protein-1 alpha/Rantes, is also a functional receptor for MCP3. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:22123-8 pubmed..Since MCP3 has been reported to use MCP1 receptor(s), our results with transfected 293 cells expressing only C-C CKR1 clearly establish that C-C CKR1 is also a functional receptor for MCP3. ..
- Santiago J, Hernández Cruz J, Manjarrez Zavala M, Montes Vizuet R, Rosete Olvera D, Tapia Díaz A, et al. Role of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 and -4 in children with virus exacerbation of asthma. Eur Respir J. 2008;32:1243-9 pubmed publisher..These chemokines could be potential targets for therapeutic intervention in respiratory viral infections. ..
- Ou Z, Natori Y. Transient and sequential expression of chemokine mRNA in glomeruli in puromycin aminonucleoside nephrosis. Nephron. 2000;85:254-7 pubmed..No increase in the mRNAs of MIP-1beta or RANTES was observed until day 10. These results indicate that the expression pattern of the chemokine mRNAs in glomeruli resembles that in renal cortex, but is more transient and sequential. ..
- Abu el Asrar A, Struyf S, Al Kharashi S, Missotten L, Van Damme J, Geboes K. Chemokines in the limbal form of vernal keratoconjunctivitis. Br J Ophthalmol. 2000;84:1360-6 pubmed..These data suggest a potential role for these chemokines in the pathogenesis of VKC. Antagonists of chemokine receptors may provide new therapeutic modalities in VKC. ..
- Aye C, Toda M, Morohoshi K, Ono S. Identification of genes and proteins specifically regulated by costimulation of mast cell Fc? Receptor I and chemokine receptor 1. Exp Mol Pathol. 2012;92:267-74 pubmed publisher..IL-6 expression was seen only after Fc?RI-CCR1 costimulation, although the amount expressed was very low. CCL7, CCL2 and IL-6 might play roles in mast cell regulation of late-phase allergic responses. ..
- Wang X, Li X, Yaish Ohad S, Sarau H, Barone F, Feuerstein G. Molecular cloning and expression of the rat monocyte chemotactic protein-3 gene: a possible role in stroke. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 1999;71:304-12 pubmed..Molecular cloning of rat MCP-3 should provide a valuable tool, as demonstrated in the present work, for the investigation of MCP-3 expression and function in rat disease models. ..
- Nelissen I, Dubois B, Goris A, Ronsse I, Carton H, Opdenakker G. Gelatinase B, PECAM-1 and MCP-3 gene polymorphisms in Belgian multiple sclerosis. J Neurol Sci. 2002;200:43-8 pubmed..14), p (1 df)=0.0010, respectively], but not in the family study. These results are in agreement with previous findings in the Swedish and Sardinian populations and reinforce the possibility of a role for chemokines in MS pathogenesis. ..
- Zhao Y, Fu Y, Hu J, Liu Y, Yin X. The effect of tissue factor pathway inhibitor on the expression of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 and I?B-? stimulated by tumour necrosis factor-? in cultured vascular smooth muscle cells. Arch Cardiovasc Dis. 2013;106:4-11 pubmed publisher..05). TFPI inhibited MCP-3 expression induced by TNF-?; this effect may be propagated through the NF-?B pathway. TFPI gene transfer may be a new therapeutic strategy for inhibiting restenosis in clinical situations. ..
- Malik I, Moriconi F, Sheikh N, Naz N, Khan S, Dudas J, et al. Single-dose gamma-irradiation induces up-regulation of chemokine gene expression and recruitment of granulocytes into the portal area but not into other regions of rat hepatic tissue. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:1801-15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, inhibition of more than one chemokine (eg, CXCL1 and CXCL8) may be necessary to reduce leukocytes recruitment...
- Zhang R, Yu S, Jiang J, Liu G. Complementary DNA microarray analysis of chemokines and their receptors in allergic rhinitis. J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol. 2007;17:329-36 pubmed..These findings can point to new strategies for allergic rhinitis immunotherapy. ..
- Saha J, Xia J, Sandusky G, Chen Y, Gerlitz B, Grinnell B, et al. Study of plasma protein C and inflammatory pathways: biomarkers for dimethylnitrosamine-induced liver fibrosis in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2007;575:158-67 pubmed
- Luesink M, Pennings J, Wissink W, Linssen P, Muus P, Pfundt R, et al. Chemokine induction by all-trans retinoic acid and arsenic trioxide in acute promyelocytic leukemia: triggering the differentiation syndrome. Blood. 2009;114:5512-21 pubmed publisher..Because dexamethasone does not efficiently reduce leukemic chemokine production, pulmonary infiltration of leukemic cells may induce an uncontrollable hyperinflammatory reaction in the lung. ..
- Dharajiya N, Vaidya S, Sinha M, Luxon B, Boldogh I, Sur S. Allergen challenge induces Ifng dependent GTPases in the lungs as part of a Th1 transcriptome response in a murine model of allergic asthma. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8172 pubmed publisher..We propose that allergen-induced airway inflammation is regulated by simultaneous upregulation of Th1 and Th2 genes, and that persistent unopposed upregulation of Th1 genes resolves allergic inflammation. ..
- Ou Z, Natori Y. Gene expression of CC chemokines in experimental acute tubulointerstitial nephritis. J Lab Clin Med. 1999;133:41-7 pubmed..These results suggest that multiple CC chemokines may play a role in the recruitment of leukocytes in this model and that the expression pattern of CC chemokines depends on the type of kidney injury. ..
- Choi E, Jakubzick C, Carpenter K, Kunkel S, Evanoff H, Martinez F, et al. Enhanced monocyte chemoattractant protein-3/CC chemokine ligand-7 in usual interstitial pneumonia. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2004;170:508-15 pubmed
- Ren L, Syapin P. Dual mechanisms for ethanol-induced inhibition of monocyte chemotactic protein-3 mRNA expression in activated glial cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:265-72 pubmed..Thus, the results are consistent with a dual mechanism for ethanol-induced reductions in steady-state MCP-3 mRNA levels. ..
- Edman L, Mira H, Arenas E. The beta-chemokines CCL2 and CCL7 are two novel differentiation factors for midbrain dopaminergic precursors and neurons. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:2123-30 pubmed publisher..These data also suggest that beta-chemokines may become useful tools to enhance the differentiation of DA cell preparations for cell replacement therapy and drug discovery in Parkinson's disease (PD). ..
- Frankenberger M, Eder C, Hofer T, Heimbeck I, Skokann K, Kassner G, et al. Chemokine expression by small sputum macrophages in COPD. Mol Med. 2011;17:762-70 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that sputum macrophages in COPD show induction of a specific set of CCL chemokines, which is distinct from what can be induced by LPS. ..
- Ou Z, Nakayama K, Doi N, Saito T, Natori Y. Effective methylprednisolone dose in experimental crescentic glomerulonephritis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2001;37:411-7 pubmed
- Uguccioni M, Gionchetti P, Robbiani D, Rizzello F, Peruzzo S, Campieri M, et al. Increased expression of IP-10, IL-8, MCP-1, and MCP-3 in ulcerative colitis. Am J Pathol. 1999;155:331-6 pubmed..No expression of MIP-1alpha was found in controls and UC. IP-10 was also markedly expressed in the mucosa of control biopsies and therefore could have a role in activated T lymphocytes' recruitment into the healthy mucosa. ..
- Kurihara T, Bravo R. Cloning and functional expression of mCCR2, a murine receptor for the C-C chemokines JE and FIC. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:11603-7 pubmed..The cloning of mCCR2 provides an important tool to investigate monocyte/macrophage responses to JE and FIC, to identify other targets for their action, and potentially to study models of CCR2 function in the mouse. ..
- Bry K, Whitsett J, Lappalainen U. IL-1beta disrupts postnatal lung morphogenesis in the mouse. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;36:32-42 pubmed..IL-1beta caused goblet cell metaplasia and bronchial smooth muscle hyperplasia. Perinatal expression of IL-1beta in epithelial cells of the lung caused a lung disease that was clinically and histologically similar to BPD. ..
- Sabroe I, Hartnell A, Jopling L, Bel S, Ponath P, Pease J, et al. Differential regulation of eosinophil chemokine signaling via CCR3 and non-CCR3 pathways. J Immunol. 1999;162:2946-55 pubmed..The observed up-regulation of MIP-1alpha signaling via non-CCR3 pathways may play a role in eosinophil recruitment in inflammatory states such as occurs in the asthmatic lung. ..