Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdc25c
Description: cell division cycle 25C
Alias: M-phase inducer phosphatase 3
- Mizoguchi S, Kim K. Expression of cdc25 phosphatases in the germ cells of the rat testis. Biol Reprod. 1997;56:1474-81 pubmedcdc25A and cdc25C, which encode threonine/tyrosine phosphatases involved in cell cycle regulation, were found to be differentially localized in rat testicular germ cells during spermatogenesis...
- Sadhu K, Reed S, Richardson H, Russell P. Human homolog of fission yeast cdc25 mitotic inducer is predominantly expressed in G2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:5139-43 pubmed..These data suggest that in human cells, as in fission yeast, the accumulation of CDC25 mitotic inducer during G2 may play a key role in regulating the timing of mitosis. ..
- Vassileva V, Millar A, Briollais L, Chapman W, Bapat B. Genes involved in DNA repair are mutational targets in endometrial cancers with microsatellite instability. Cancer Res. 2002;62:4095-9 pubmed..hMSH3, hMSH6, CHK1, and BAX genes in MSI-H endometrial hyperplasias and cancers, whereas mutations in ATR and CDC25C were observed only in MSI-H ECs...
- Bahassi E, Hennigan R, Myer D, Stambrook P. Cdc25C phosphorylation on serine 191 by Plk3 promotes its nuclear translocation. Oncogene. 2004;23:2658-63 pubmed..occurs by dephosphorylation of the inhibitory residues, threonine 14 (T14) and tyrosine 15 (Y15), on Cdc2 by the Cdc25C phosphatase...
- Su C, Deaton R, Iglewsky M, Valencia T, Grant S. PKN activation via transforming growth factor-beta 1 (TGF-beta 1) receptor signaling delays G2/M phase transition in vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:739-49 pubmed..In order to enter into mitosis, a phosphatase, Cdc25C, must first dephosphorylate two other critical residues: tyrosine-15 and threonine-14...
- Wang Z, Trope C, Flørenes V, Suo Z, Nesland J, Holm R. Overexpression of CDC25B, CDC25C and phospho-CDC25C (Ser216) in vulvar squamous cell carcinomas are associated with malignant features and aggressive cancer phenotypes. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:233 pubmed publisher..light on their roles in the pathogenesis and to clarify their prognostic values, expression of CDC25A, CDC25B and CDC25C in a large series of vulvar squamous cell carcinomas were examined...
- Chang K, Vincent F, Shah K. Deregulated Cdk5 triggers aberrant activation of cell cycle kinases and phosphatases inducing neuronal death. J Cell Sci. 2012;125:5124-37 pubmed publisher..Using a chemical genetic approach, we identified Cdc25A, Cdc25B and Cdc25C as direct Cdk5 substrates in mouse brain lysates...