Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cdc25a
Description: cell division cycle 25A
Alias: M-phase inducer phosphatase 1, dual specificity phosphatase Cdc25A
- Lee S, Masyuk T, Splinter P, Banales J, Masyuk A, Stroope A, et al. MicroRNA15a modulates expression of the cell-cycle regulator Cdc25A and affects hepatic cystogenesis in a rat model of polycystic kidney disease. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:3714-24 pubmed publisher..expression was associated with upregulation of its target, the cell-cycle regulator cell division cycle 25A (Cdc25A)...
- Chen S, Gardner D. Suppression of WEE1 and stimulation of CDC25A correlates with endothelin-dependent proliferation of rat aortic smooth muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13755-63 pubmed..ET also increases expression and activity of CDC25A, the regulatory phosphatase responsible for dephosphorylating Tyr(15)...
- Ray D, Terao Y, Nimbalkar D, Hirai H, Osmundson E, Zou X, et al. Hemizygous disruption of Cdc25A inhibits cellular transformation and mammary tumorigenesis in mice. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6605-11 pubmedb>CDC25A phosphatase activates multiple cyclin-dependent kinases (CDK) during cell cycle progression. Inactivation of CDC25A by ubiquitin-mediated degradation is a major mechanism of DNA damage-induced S-G(2) checkpoint...
- Ray D, Terao Y, Fuhrken P, Ma Z, DeMayo F, Christov K, et al. Deregulated CDC25A expression promotes mammary tumorigenesis with genomic instability. Cancer Res. 2007;67:984-91 pubmed..The cell cycle-promoting phosphatase CDC25A is an activator of cyclin-dependent kinases and one of the downstream targets for the CHK1-mediated checkpoint ..
- Masyuk T, Radtke B, Stroope A, Banales J, Masyuk A, Gradilone S, et al. Inhibition of Cdc25A suppresses hepato-renal cystogenesis in rodent models of polycystic kidney and liver disease. Gastroenterology. 2012;142:622-633.e4 pubmed publisher..We investigated the effects of Cdc25A inhibition in mice and rats via genetic and pharmacologic approaches...
- Masyuk T, Lee S, Radtke B, Stroope A, Huang B, Banales J, et al. Centrosomal abnormalities characterize human and rodent cystic cholangiocytes and are associated with Cdc25A overexpression. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:110-21 pubmed publisher..cholangiocytes, the effects of centrosomal abnormalities on ciliogenesis, and the role of the cell-cycle regulator Cdc25A in centrosomal defects by depleting cholangiocytes of Cdc25A in vitro and in vivo and evaluating centrosome ..
- Zempolich K, Fuhrman C, Milash B, Flinner R, Greven K, Ryu J, et al. Changes in gene expression induced by chemoradiation in advanced cervical carcinoma: a microarray study of RTOG C-0128. Gynecol Oncol. 2008;109:275-9 pubmed publisher..Further analysis comparing gene expression to clinical outcomes, acute and late toxicities awaits maturation of clinical data. Hopefully, this data will lead to the development of molecularly based therapies. ..
- Aziz M, Dreckschmidt N, Verma A. Plumbagin, a medicinal plant-derived naphthoquinone, is a novel inhibitor of the growth and invasion of hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2008;68:9024-32 pubmed publisher..activity of transcription factors activator protein-1, nuclear factor-kappaB, and Stat3; and (c) Bcl-xL, cdc25A, and cyclooxygenase-2 expression...
- Wang Z, Trope C, Flørenes V, Suo Z, Nesland J, Holm R. Overexpression of CDC25B, CDC25C and phospho-CDC25C (Ser216) in vulvar squamous cell carcinomas are associated with malignant features and aggressive cancer phenotypes. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:233 pubmed publisher..To shed light on their roles in the pathogenesis and to clarify their prognostic values, expression of CDC25A, CDC25B and CDC25C in a large series of vulvar squamous cell carcinomas were examined...
- Lokeshwar V, Estrella V, Lopez L, Kramer M, Gomez P, Soloway M, et al. HYAL1-v1, an alternatively spliced variant of HYAL1 hyaluronidase: a negative regulator of bladder cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11219-27 pubmed..Therefore, HYAL-v1 expression may negatively regulate bladder tumor growth, infiltration, and angiogenesis. ..
- Jinno S, Suto K, Nagata A, Igarashi M, Kanaoka Y, Nojima H, et al. Cdc25A is a novel phosphatase functioning early in the cell cycle. EMBO J. 1994;13:1549-56 pubmed..Mammals contain at least three cdc25+ homologues called cdc25A, cdc25B and cdc25C. In this study we investigate the biological function of cdc25A...
- Giessrigl B, Krieger S, Rosner M, Huttary N, Saiko P, Alami M, et al. Hsp90 stabilizes Cdc25A and counteracts heat shock-mediated Cdc25A degradation and cell-cycle attenuation in pancreatic carcinoma cells. Hum Mol Genet. 2012;21:4615-27 pubmed publisher..over-expressed in pancreas carcinomas and protects a number of cell-cycle regulators such as the proto-oncogene Cdc25A. We show that inhibition of Hsp90 with geldanamycin (GD) destabilizes Cdc25A independent of Chk1/2, whereas the ..