Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cd3e
Description: CD3e molecule
Alias: T-cell surface glycoprotein CD3 epsilon chain, CD3 antigen, epsilon polypeptide, CD3 molecule, epsilon polypeptide
- Negishi I, Motoyama N, Nakayama K, Senju S, Hatakeyama S, Zhang Q, et al. Essential role for ZAP-70 in both positive and negative selection of thymocytes. Nature. 1995;376:435-8 pubmed..Natural killer cell function was intact in the absence of ZAP-70. These data suggest that ZAP-70 is a central signalling molecule during thymic selection for CD4 and CD8 lineage. ..
- Chin A, Dempsey P, Bruhn K, Miller J, Xu Y, Cheng G. Involvement of receptor-interacting protein 2 in innate and adaptive immune responses. Nature. 2002;416:190-4 pubmed..Our data reflect requirements for Rip2 in multiple pathways regulating immune and inflammatory responses. ..
- Lesourne R, Zvezdova E, Song K, El Khoury D, Uehara S, Barr V, et al. Interchangeability of Themis1 and Themis2 in thymocyte development reveals two related proteins with conserved molecular function. J Immunol. 2012;189:1154-61 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that conserved molecular features of the Themis1 and Themis2 proteins are important for their biological activity and predict that Themis1 and Themis2 may perform similar functions in T and B cells, respectively. ..
- Moriggl R, Sexl V, Piekorz R, Topham D, Ihle J. Stat5 activation is uniquely associated with cytokine signaling in peripheral T cells. Immunity. 1999;11:225-30 pubmed..Here we demonstrate that activation of the Stat5 proteins by tyrosine phosphorylation is uniquely contributed by cytokine receptor signaling and specifically does not occur through the T cell receptor complex. ..
- San José E, Sahuquillo A, Bragado R, Alarcon B. Assembly of the TCR/CD3 complex: CD3 epsilon/delta and CD3 epsilon/gamma dimers associate indistinctly with both TCR alpha and TCR beta chains. Evidence for a double TCR heterodimer model. Eur J Immunol. 1998;28:12-21 pubmed
- Wiest D, Ashe J, Howcroft T, Lee H, Kemper D, Negishi I, et al. A spontaneously arising mutation in the DLAARN motif of murine ZAP-70 abrogates kinase activity and arrests thymocyte development. Immunity. 1997;6:663-71 pubmed..The developmental arrest is due to the inability of CD4+ CD8+ thymocytes to propagate TCR signals in the absence of ZAP-70 kinase activity despite tyrosine phosphorylation of TCR-associated ZAP-70 molecules. ..
- Gil D, Schamel W, Montoya M, Sanchez Madrid F, Alarcon B. Recruitment of Nck by CD3 epsilon reveals a ligand-induced conformational change essential for T cell receptor signaling and synapse formation. Cell. 2002;109:901-12 pubmed..Finally, by interfering with Nck-CD3 epsilon association in vivo, we demonstrate that TCR-CD3 recruitment of Nck is critical for maturation of the immune synapse and for T cell activation. ..
- Pani G, Fischer K, Mlinaric Rascan I, Siminovitch K. Signaling capacity of the T cell antigen receptor is negatively regulated by the PTP1C tyrosine phosphatase. J Exp Med. 1996;184:839-52 pubmed
- Hitsumoto Y, Song D, Okada M, Hamada F, Saheki S, Takeuchi N. Enhancement of CD3-mediated thymocyte apoptosis by the cross-linkage of heat-stable antigen. Immunology. 1996;89:200-4 pubmed..These results suggest a functional role of HSA in promoting the activation-induced apoptosis of thymocytes and the involvement of HSA in negative selection. ..
- Bouvier G, Watrin F, Naspetti M, Verthuy C, Naquet P, Ferrier P. Deletion of the mouse T-cell receptor beta gene enhancer blocks alphabeta T-cell development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:7877-81 pubmed..These data formally establish the critical role played by Ebeta in cis-activation of the TCR beta locus for V(D)J recombination during alphabeta T-cell development. ..
- Byth K, Conroy L, Howlett S, Smith A, May J, Alexander D, et al. CD45-null transgenic mice reveal a positive regulatory role for CD45 in early thymocyte development, in the selection of CD4+CD8+ thymocytes, and B cell maturation. J Exp Med. 1996;183:1707-18 pubmed..We conclude that CD45 is not required at any stage during the generation of mature peripheral B cells, however its loss reveals a previously unrecognized role for CD45 in the regulation of certain subpopulations of B cells. ..
- Jacobelli J, Chmura S, Buxton D, Davis M, Krummel M. A single class II myosin modulates T cell motility and stopping, but not synapse formation. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:531-8 pubmed..Phosphorylation of MyH9 in its multimerization domain by T cell receptor-generated signals indicates that inactivation of this motor may be a key step in the 'stop' response during antigen recognition. ..
- Chan A, van Oers N, Tran A, Turka L, Law C, Ryan J, et al. Differential expression of ZAP-70 and Syk protein tyrosine kinases, and the role of this family of protein tyrosine kinases in TCR signaling. J Immunol. 1994;152:4758-66 pubmed..Thus, the differential expression of these kinases suggests the possibility of different roles for ZAP-70 and Syk in TCR signaling and thymic development. ..
- Bresson D, Togher L, Rodrigo E, Chen Y, Bluestone J, Herold K, et al. Anti-CD3 and nasal proinsulin combination therapy enhances remission from recent-onset autoimmune diabetes by inducing Tregs. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1371-81 pubmed..Since Tregs act site-specifically, this strategy should also be expected to reduce the potential for systemic side effects. ..
- Sinkora J, Kolinska J, Rehakova Z, Cerny J, Doubravska L. Binding of the Galanthus nivalis agglutinin to thymocytes reveals alterations in surface glycosylation during T-cell development. Scand J Immunol. 2002;55:196-203 pubmed
- Zhu M, Granillo O, Wen R, Yang K, Dai X, Wang D, et al. Negative regulation of lymphocyte activation by the adaptor protein LAX. J Immunol. 2005;174:5612-9 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that LAX functions as a negative regulator in lymphocyte signaling. ..
- Sigalov A, Aivazian D, Stern L. Homooligomerization of the cytoplasmic domain of the T cell receptor zeta chain and of other proteins containing the immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motif. Biochemistry. 2004;43:2049-61 pubmed..Phosphorylation of zeta(cyt) and FcepsilonRIgamma(cyt) does not significantly alter their oligomerization behavior. The implications of these results for transmembrane signaling and cellular activation by immune receptors are discussed. ..
- Butler J, Mader J, Watson C, Zhang H, Blay J, Hoskin D. Adenosine inhibits activation-induced T cell expression of CD2 and CD28 co-stimulatory molecules: role of interleukin-2 and cyclic AMP signaling pathways. J Cell Biochem. 2003;89:975-91 pubmed..We conclude that adenosine interferes with IL-2-dependent T cell expression of co-stimulatory molecules via a mechanism that does not involve the accumulation of intracellular cAMP. ..
- Kirchgessner H, Dietrich J, Scherer J, Isomaki P, Korinek V, Hilgert I, et al. The transmembrane adaptor protein TRIM regulates T cell receptor (TCR) expression and TCR-mediated signaling via an association with the TCR zeta chain. J Exp Med. 2001;193:1269-84 pubmed
- Hubbe M, Altevogt P. Heat-stable antigen/CD24 on mouse T lymphocytes: evidence for a costimulatory function. Eur J Immunol. 1994;24:731-7 pubmed..The possibility of a homotypic HSA/HSA interaction between T lymphocytes and accessory cells is discussed. ..