Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccnd1
Description: cyclin D1
Alias: G1/S-specific cyclin-D1
- Sherr C. The Pezcoller lecture: cancer cell cycles revisited. Cancer Res. 2000;60:3689-95 pubmed..Lesions in the p16--cyclin D-CDK4--Rb and ARF--Mdm2--p53 pathways occur so frequently in cancer, regardless of patient age or tumor type, that they appear to be part of the life history of most, if not all, cancer cells. ..
- Rickheim D, Nelsen C, Fassett J, Timchenko N, Hansen L, Albrecht J. Differential regulation of cyclins D1 and D3 in hepatocyte proliferation. Hepatology. 2002;36:30-8 pubmed
- Jung H, Shin J, Kim K, Yu J, Kang K, Ahn B, et al. Microarray analysis of gene expression profile in the corpus cavernosum of hypercholesterolemic rats after chronic treatment with PDE5 inhibitor. Life Sci. 2007;80:699-708 pubmed..These results provide the molecular basis for understanding the pathogenesis of hypercholesterolemia-related ED and offer clues on determining the underlying action mechanism of a PDE5 inhibitor. ..
- Yu J, Habuchi T, Tsuchiya N, Nakamura E, Kakinuma H, Horikawa Y, et al. Association of the cyclin D1 gene G870A polymorphism with susceptibility to sporadic renal cell carcinoma. J Urol. 2004;172:2410-3 pubmedCyclin D1 (CCND1) mRNA is alternatively spliced to produce 2 transcripts (transcript-a and transcript-b), which may be modulated by a G870A single nucleotide polymorphism at the conserved splice donor site of exon 4...
- Sun X, Zheng X, Zhang J, Zhou T, Yan G, Zhu W. Mathematical modeling reveals a critical role for cyclin D1 dynamics in phenotype switching during glioma differentiation. FEBS Lett. 2015;589:2304-11 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the molecular mechanisms underlying glioma differentiation and implications for the design of novel therapeutic targets in anti-cancer therapy. ..
- Tamamori Adachi M, Goto I, Yamada K, Kitajima S. Differential regulation of cyclin D1 and D2 in protecting against cardiomyocyte proliferation. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:3768-774 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that distinct mechanisms keep cyclin D1 and cyclin D2 from activating cell cycle in terminally differentiated cardiomyocytes. ..
- Liu W, Wang H, Muguira M, Breslin M, Lan M. INSM1 functions as a transcriptional repressor of the neuroD/beta2 gene through the recruitment of cyclin D1 and histone deacetylases. Biochem J. 2006;397:169-77 pubmed..Thus we conclude that INSM1 recruits cyclin D1 and HDACs, which confer transcriptional repressor activity. ..
- Wang W, Zhang Y, Zeng H, Hua C, Wei W, Xu J, et al. [Regulatory mechanisms of PI3K/AKT signaling pathway in acute leukemia]. Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi. 2012;20:18-21 pubmed..The expression of PI3K/AKT signaling pathway genes including PTEN, CCND1, mTOR, RICTOR, FOXO1 were detected by real-time fluorescent quantification RT-PCR while GAPDH gene expression was ..
- Sandhu S, Volinia S, Costinean S, Galasso M, Neinast R, Santhanam R, et al. miR-155 targets histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4) and impairs transcriptional activity of B-cell lymphoma 6 (BCL6) in the E?-miR-155 transgenic mouse model. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:20047-52 pubmed publisher..Hence this study provides a better understanding of how miR-155 causes disruption of the BCL6 transcriptional machinery that leads to up-regulation of the survival and proliferation genes in miR-155-induced leukemias. ..
- Yan G, Ziff E. Nerve growth factor induces transcription of the p21 WAF1/CIP1 and cyclin D1 genes in PC12 cells by activating the Sp1 transcription factor. J Neurosci. 1997;17:6122-32 pubmed..Sustained activation of p21 expression is proposed to be a distinguishing feature of the activity of NGF that contributes to PC12 growth arrest during differentiation ..
- Frederick T, Min J, Altieri S, Mitchell N, Wood T. Synergistic induction of cyclin D1 in oligodendrocyte progenitor cells by IGF-I and FGF-2 requires differential stimulation of multiple signaling pathways. Glia. 2007;55:1011-22 pubmed
- Zhang P, Zheng C, Ye H, Teng Y, Zheng B, Yang X, et al. MicroRNA-365 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation through targeting cyclin D1. Int J Med Sci. 2014;11:765-70 pubmed publisher..Taken together, by our studies, we identified a new MicroRNA, miR-365, involving in the pathological process of vascular injury, which inhibits VSMC proliferation through targeting cyclinD1...
- Diep Q, El Mabrouk M, Touyz R, Schiffrin E. Expression of cell cycle proteins in blood vessels of angiotensin II-infused rats: role of AT(1) receptors. Hypertension. 2001;37:604-8 pubmed..Reduction in cell cycle kinase inhibitors p21 and p27 may contribute to activation of growth induced by in vivo AT(1) receptor stimulation. ..
- Tamura K, Kanaoka Y, Jinno S, Nagata A, Ogiso Y, Shimizu K, et al. Cyclin G: a new mammalian cyclin with homology to fission yeast Cig1. Oncogene. 1993;8:2113-8 pubmed..Cyclin G mRNA is induced within 3 h after growth stimulation and remains elevated with no apparent cell cycle dependency, indicating its close association with growth stimuli but not with the cell cycle. ..
- Wang R, Xu Y, Liu X, Zeng D, Xiang M. CCN2 promotes cigarette smoke-induced proliferation of rat pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells through upregulating cyclin D1 expression. J Cell Biochem. 2012;113:349-59 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CCN2 contributes to the CSE and nicotine-induced proliferation of rPASMCs at least in part by upregulating cyclin D1 expression. ..
- Vaites L, Lee E, Lian Z, Barbash O, Roy D, Wasik M, et al. The Fbx4 tumor suppressor regulates cyclin D1 accumulation and prevents neoplastic transformation. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:4513-23 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data reveal a requisite role for the SCF(Fbx4) E3 ubiquitin ligase in regulating cyclin D1 accumulation, consistent with tumor suppressive function in vivo. ..
- Mercapide J, Zhang S, Fan X, Furio Bacete V, Schneider J, López de la Osa I, et al. CCND1- and ERBB2-gene deregulation and PTEN mutation analyses in invasive lobular carcinoma of the breast. Mol Carcinog. 2002;35:6-12 pubmed..In the current study we disposed of 80 well-characterized ILC cases. Gene amplification of cyclin D1 (CCND1) and c-erbB2-encoding gene (ERBB2) and expression of their gene products were studied by differential polymerase ..
- Boylan J, Gruppuso P. D-type cyclins and G1 progression during liver development in the rat. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:722-30 pubmed..We speculate that the switch in D-type cyclins may be associated with the dependence on mitogenic signaling that develops as hepatocytes mature. ..
- Santra M, Wajapeyee N, Green M. F-box protein FBXO31 mediates cyclin D1 degradation to induce G1 arrest after DNA damage. Nature. 2009;459:722-5 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal FBXO31 as a regulator of the G1/S transition that is specifically required for DNA damage-induced growth arrest. ..
- Gautschi O, Hugli B, Ziegler A, Bigosch C, Bowers N, Ratschiller D, et al. Cyclin D1 (CCND1) A870G gene polymorphism modulates smoking-induced lung cancer risk and response to platinum-based chemotherapy in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients. Lung Cancer. 2006;51:303-11 pubmedThe cyclin D1 (CCND1) A870G gene polymorphism is linked to the outcome in patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Pruitt K, Maglott D. RefSeq and LocusLink: NCBI gene-centered resources. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:137-40 pubmed..Additional information about LocusLink and RefSeq is available at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/LocusLink/. ..
- Bergsagel P, Kuehl W, Zhan F, Sawyer J, Barlogie B, Shaughnessy J. Cyclin D dysregulation: an early and unifying pathogenic event in multiple myeloma. Blood. 2005;106:296-303 pubmed..Translocations can directly dysregulate CCND1 (11q13) or CCND3 (6p21), or MAF (16q23) or MAFB (20q11) transcription factors that target CCND2...
- Chowdhury M, Montgomery M, Morris M, Cognard E, Shepherd P, Smith G. Glucagon phosphorylates serine 552 of Î²-catenin leading to increased expression of cyclin D1 and c-Myc in the isolated rat liver. Arch Physiol Biochem. 2015;121:88-96 pubmed publisher..rapidly phosphorylates Î²-catenin on serine 552 that is associated with increased expression of genes cyclin D1 (CCND1) and c-Myc (MYC), which are known to be involved in liver cancer...
- Yip Schneider M, Wu H, Ralstin M, Yiannoutsos C, Crooks P, Neelakantan S, et al. Suppression of pancreatic tumor growth by combination chemotherapy with sulindac and LC-1 is associated with cyclin D1 inhibition in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007;6:1736-44 pubmed..These results suggest that LC-1 and sulindac may mediate their antitumor effects, in part, by altering cyclin D1 levels. Furthermore, this study provides preclinical evidence for the therapeutic efficacy of these agents. ..
- Li R, An S, Chen Z, Zhang G, Zhu J, Nie Q, et al. Expression of cyclin D1 splice variants is differentially associated with outcome in non-small cell lung cancer patients. Hum Pathol. 2008;39:1792-801 pubmed publisher..Cyclin D1b would be a better prognostic indicator for non-small cell lung cancer as compared to total cyclin D1 or cyclin D1a. ..
- Wagner M, Greten F, Weber C, Koschnick S, Mattfeldt T, Deppert W, et al. A murine tumor progression model for pancreatic cancer recapitulating the genetic alterations of the human disease. Genes Dev. 2001;15:286-93 pubmed..We conclude that these genetic events are critical for pancreatic tumor formation in mice. This model recapitulates pathomorphological features and genetic alterations of the human disease. ..
- Kang J, Kim M, Ko S, Jeong I, Koh K, Rhie D, et al. Upregulation of rat Ccnd1 gene by exendin-4 in pancreatic beta cell line INS-1: interaction of early growth response-1 with cis-regulatory element. Diabetologia. 2006;49:969-79 pubmedThe aim of this study was to investigate the effect of exendin-4 on the expression of cyclin D1 gene (Ccnd1), which is critical in regulating the progression of the cell cycle in INS-1 cells...
- Hizli A, Black A, Pysz M, Black J. Protein kinase C alpha signaling inhibits cyclin D1 translation in intestinal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:14596-603 pubmed..Together, these post-transcriptional effects ensure rapid disappearance of the potent mitogenic molecule cyclin D1 during PKCalpha-induced cell cycle withdrawal in the intestinal epithelium. ..
- Tang Q, Otto T, Lane M. Mitotic clonal expansion: a synchronous process required for adipogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:44-9 pubmed..These results show that MCE is a prerequisite for differentiation of 3T3-L1 preadipocytes into adipocytes. ..
- Olguín Martínez M, Mendieta Condado E, Contreras Zentella M, Escamilla J, Aranda Fraustro A, El Hafidi M, et al. Rate of oxidant stress regulates balance between rat gastric mucosa proliferation and apoptosis. Free Radic Biol Med. 2006;41:1325-37 pubmed..Therefore, the timing and magnitude of lipoperoxidative events seemed to synchronize in vivo cell proliferative and apoptotic events, probably by changing the cell redox state. ..
- Yao H, Wang X, Huang L, Diao J, Deng H. [Effect of Oviductus Ranae on Cyclin D1, CDK6 and P15 expressions in the liver tissue of aged male rats]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2010;30:1044-6 pubmed..The effect of OR against ageing is mediated possibly by up-regulation of the proteins associated with the cell proliferation in the liver, a mechanism different from that of VE. ..
- Cohen J, Tham K, Mastrandrea N, Gallegos A, Monks T, Lau S. cAMP-dependent cytosolic mislocalization of p27(kip)-cyclin D1 during quinol-thioether-induced tuberous sclerosis renal cell carcinoma. Toxicol Sci. 2011;122:361-71 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the loss of tuberin and engagement of the cAMP pathway may independently direct p27-cyclin D1 cytosolic stabilization during renal tumor formation...
- Murray S, Yang S, Demicco E, Ying H, Sherr D, Hafer L, et al. Increased expression of MDM2, cyclin D1, and p27Kip1 in carcinogen-induced rat mammary tumors. J Cell Biochem. 2005;95:875-84 pubmed..These data suggest that activation of cyclin D1, MDM2, and AKT as well as increased expression and cytoplasmic localization of p27Kip1 may play a role in this model of environmental pollutant-induced mammary tumorigenesis. ..
- Motohashi M, Wakui S, Muto T, Suzuki Y, Shirai M, Takahashi H, et al. Cyclin D1/cdk4, estrogen receptors ? and ?, in N-methyl-N'-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine-induced rat gastric carcinogenesis: immunohistochemical study. J Toxicol Sci. 2011;36:373-8 pubmed
- Han A, Song Z, Tong C, Hu D, Bi X, Augenlicht L, et al. Sulindac suppresses beta-catenin expression in human cancer cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;583:26-31 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our data demonstrated that the efficacy of sulindac in the inhibition of cell proliferation (rather than the induction of apoptosis) might be through the suppression of beta-catenin pathway in human cancer cells. ..
- Fang W, Ko F, Wang H, Kuo C, Chen L, Tsai F, et al. The proliferation and migration effects of huangqi on RSC96 Schwann cells. Am J Chin Med. 2009;37:945-59 pubmed..Based on these results, applying an appropriate dose of Huangqi with biomedical materials would be a potential approach to enhancing neuron regeneration. ..
- Wu W, Liu Q, Liu Y, Yu Z, Wang Y. Dixdc1 targets CyclinD1 and p21 via PI3K pathway activation to promote Schwann cell proliferation after sciatic nerve crush. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;478:956-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, these data demonstrated that Dixdc1 might participate in Schwann cell proliferation by targeting CyclinD1 and p21 at least partially through the PI3K/AKT activation. ..
- Jirstrom K, Ringberg A, Fernö M, Anagnostaki L, Landberg G. Tissue microarray analyses of G1/S-regulatory proteins in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast indicate that low cyclin D1 is associated with local recurrence. Br J Cancer. 2003;89:1920-6 pubmed..In summary, using a tissue array approach we have shown that cyclin D1, besides growth pattern, is a prognostic marker for local recurrence in DCIS. ..
- Janssen J, Cuny M, Orsetti B, Rodriguez C, Vallès H, Bartram C, et al. MYEOV: a candidate gene for DNA amplification events occurring centromeric to CCND1 in breast cancer. Int J Cancer. 2002;102:608-14 pubmed..Two candidate oncogenes have been identified, CCND1 and EMS1/CORTACTIN, representing centrally localized amplification units...
- Maddison L, Huss W, Barrios R, Greenberg N. Differential expression of cell cycle regulatory molecules and evidence for a "cyclin switch" during progression of prostate cancer. Prostate. 2004;58:335-44 pubmed..The differential expression of D-type cyclins may have implications with respect to androgen receptor mediated gene expression. ..
- Ge J, Ren G, Yao H. [Expression of cyclin D1 and p27kip1 in renal cell carcinoma and its significance]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2007;36:483-7 pubmed..The lower expression of p27(kip1) may affect the progression of the tumors. The detection of p27(kip1) may be as a reference marker in the prognosis of CRCC. ..
- Pitzalis S, Doratiotto S, Greco M, Montisci S, Pasciu D, Porcu G, et al. Cyclin D1 is up-regulated in hepatocytes in vivo following cell-cycle block induced by retrorsine. J Hepatol. 2005;43:485-90 pubmed..Such persistent block outside the resting phase may contribute to the selective replacement of resident cells during liver repopulation. ..
- Adolphe C, Hetherington R, Ellis T, Wainwright B. Patched1 functions as a gatekeeper by promoting cell cycle progression. Cancer Res. 2006;66:2081-8 pubmed..quot; In addition, we note the high frequency and rapid onset of tumors in this mouse model makes it an ideal system for testing therapeutic strategies, such as Patched pathway inhibitors. ..
- Loree J, Koturbash I, Kutanzi K, Baker M, Pogribny I, Kovalchuk O. Radiation-induced molecular changes in rat mammary tissue: possible implications for radiation-induced carcinogenesis. Int J Radiat Biol. 2006;82:805-15 pubmed..The possible cellular repercussions of the observed changes in relationship to breast carcinogenesis are discussed. ..
- Zhang S, Zhu C, Liu Q, Wang W. Effects of chloroquine on GFAP, PCNA and cyclin D1 in hippocampus and cerebral cortex of rats with seizures induced by pentylenetetrazole. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2005;25:625-8 pubmed..These results suggest that chloroquine may be an ideal anticonvulsant in preventing and treating epilepsy. ..
- Micheli L, D Andrea G, Leonardi L, Tirone F. HDAC1, HDAC4, and HDAC9 Bind to PC3/Tis21/Btg2 and Are Required for Its Inhibition of Cell Cycle Progression and Cyclin D1 Expression. J Cell Physiol. 2017;232:1696-1707 pubmed publisher..J. Cell. Physiol. 232: 1696-1707, 2017. © 2016 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Zeng D, Liu X, Xu Y, Wang R, Xiang M, Xiong W, et al. Plasmid-based short hairpin RNA against cyclin D1 attenuated pulmonary vascular remodeling in smoking rats. Microvasc Res. 2010;80:116-22 pubmed publisher..Cyclin D1 might play a critical role in cigarette smoke-induced pulmonary vascular remodeling via regulating rPASMCs proliferation. ..
- Nojima H, Adachi M, Matsui T, Okawa K, Tsukita S, Tsukita S. IQGAP3 regulates cell proliferation through the Ras/ERK signalling cascade. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:971-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, IQGAP3 regulates the promotion of cell proliferation through Ras-dependent ERK activation. ..
- Huang H, Hu Y, Li N, Zhu Y. Inhibition of tumor growth and metastasis by non-small cell lung cancer cells transfected with cyclin D1-targeted siRNA. Oligonucleotides. 2009;19:151-62 pubmed publisher..In addition, the mechanism of inhibiting tumor metastasis was related to the decrease in the expression of MMP-2, RhoA, and Rac1 after cyclin D1 was decreased by cyclin D1 siRNA. ..
- Zhu Z, Jiang W, Thompson H. Mechanisms by which energy restriction inhibits rat mammary carcinogenesis: in vivo effects of corticosterone on cell cycle machinery in mammary carcinomas. Carcinogenesis. 2003;24:1225-31 pubmed
- Wu Y, Lin Y, Lu T. [Effects of Jiangu granule containing serum on the cyclins in rat's osteoblast at G1 phase]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2010;30:966-9 pubmed..01). JGG-serum can adjust the G1 phase cyclins in osteoblast cultured in vitro, increase the mRNA and protein expressions of Cyclin D1 and CDK4, and inhibit P21 expression, so as to accelerate the proliferation of osteoblast. ..
- Mueller C, Zhang H, Zenilman M. Pancreatic reg I binds MKP-1 and regulates cyclin D in pancreatic-derived cells. J Surg Res. 2008;150:137-43 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of cell growth, and possible induction of apoptosis, may lead to differentiation of these cells to other cell types. ..
- Ozeki M, Hamajima Y, Feng L, Ondrey F, Schlentz E, Lin J. Id1 induces the proliferation of cochlear sensory epithelial cells via the nuclear factor-kappaB/cyclin D1 pathway in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:515-24 pubmed..We concluded from this study that Id1 induces the proliferation of OC1 via the NF-kappaB/cyclin D1 pathway. ..
- Lee Y, Hong Y, Kim J, Lee K, Kwon O. Dietary Chlorella protects against heterocyclic amine-induced aberrant gene expression in the rat colon by increasing fecal excretion of unmetabolized PhIP. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;56:272-7 pubmed publisher..012). These results suggested that administering dietary Chlorella with a Western-style diet concomitantly or immediately before mutagen exposure might be beneficial in blocking the absorption of food mutagens such as PhIP. ..
- Yan Y, Li X, Kover K, Clements M, Ye P. CREB participates in the IGF-I-stimulation cyclin D1 transcription. Dev Neurobiol. 2013;73:559-70 pubmed publisher..These results provide an important mechanism of IGF-I-induced glial cell growth and proliferation. © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. Develop Neurobiol 73: 559-570, 2013. ..
- Wang Y, Thakur A, Sun Y, Wu J, Biliran H, Bollig A, et al. Synergistic effect of cyclin D1 and c-Myc leads to more aggressive and invasive mammary tumors in severe combined immunodeficient mice. Cancer Res. 2007;67:3698-707 pubmed..In summary, overexpression of cyclin D1 may commit mammary epithelia to a tumor-prone phenotype in which cooperation with other genes, such as synergy with c-myc, may lead to a more aggressive phenotype. ..
- Narayanan B, Reddy B, Bosland M, Nargi D, Horton L, Randolph C, et al. Exisulind in combination with celecoxib modulates epidermal growth factor receptor, cyclooxygenase-2, and cyclin D1 against prostate carcinogenesis: in vivo evidence. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:5965-73 pubmed..In this study, we show for the first time that the combination of celecoxib with exisulind at low doses could prevent prostate carcinogenesis by altering key molecular events. ..
- Zhang T, Nanney L, Luongo C, Lamps L, Heppner K, DuBois R, et al. Concurrent overexpression of cyclin D1 and cyclin-dependent kinase 4 (Cdk4) in intestinal adenomas from multiple intestinal neoplasia (Min) mice and human familial adenomatous polyposis patients. Cancer Res. 1997;57:169-75 pubmed..These data suggest that abnormal up-regulation of these important G1 cell cycle proteins is a relatively early event in intestinal carcinogenesis and that these changes may contribute to malignant progression within those lesions. ..
- Wang Y, Li R, Qiao X, Tian J, Su X, Wu R, et al. Intermedin/adrenomedullin 2 protects against tubular cell hypoxia-reoxygenation injury in vitro by promoting cell proliferation and upregulating cyclin D1 expression. Nephrology (Carlton). 2013;18:623-32 pubmed publisher..We demonstrated that IMD/ADM2 promotes renal cell proliferation and regeneration after renal H/R injury by upregulating cyclin D1 and that this upregulation seems to be mediated by the ERK, JNK, and P38 MAPK signalling pathways. ..
- ZHONG Q, Liu F, Liu D, Peng Y, Zhang X. Expression of ?-catenin and cyclin D1 in epidermal stem cells of diabetic rats. Mol Med Rep. 2011;4:377-81 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the low expression of ?-catenin and cyclin D1 may reduce the activity of ESCs from diabetic rats, which might be one of the important mechanisms of delayed wound healing in DM. ..
- Liao J, Li X, Zhou S, Luo Y, Liu A, Lu W. Bromodichloromethane induces cell proliferation in different tissues of male F344 rats by suppression of E-cadherin expression via hypermethylation or transcriptional activation of c-myc and cyclin D1. Toxicol Lett. 2013;223:162-74 pubmed publisher..Therefore, suppression of E-cadherin expression via hypermethylation or transcriptional activation of c-myc and cyclin D1 may be involved in BDCM-induced cell proliferation in different tissues of male F344 rats. ..
- Touyz R, Yao G. Modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell growth by magnesium-role of mitogen-activated protein kinases. J Cell Physiol. 2003;197:326-35 pubmed..These data demonstrate the novel findings that cell cycle activation and growth regulation by Mg(2+) occurs via ERK1/2-dependent, p38 MAP kinase-independent pathways. ..
- Hulit J, Wang C, Li Z, Albanese C, Rao M, Di Vizio D, et al. Cyclin D1 genetic heterozygosity regulates colonic epithelial cell differentiation and tumor number in ApcMin mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:7598-611 pubmed..The protection of mice, genetically predisposed to intestinal tumorigenesis, through cyclin D1 heterozygosity suggests that modalities that reduce cyclin D1 abundance could provide chemoprotection. ..
- Chen B, Wang W. The expression of cyclins in neurons of rats after focal cerebral ischemia. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:60-4 pubmed publisher..05). It was concluded that there was a differential sensitivity among neurons from different brain regions to ischemic injury. But all of them re-enter into cell cycle after MCAO. ..
- Jiang W, Zhu Z, Thompson H. Effect of energy restriction on cell cycle machinery in 1-methyl-1-nitrosourea-induced mammary carcinomas in rats. Cancer Res. 2003;63:1228-34 pubmed
- Castro R, Amaral J, Sola S, Kren B, Steer C, Rodrigues C. Differential regulation of cyclin D1 and cell death by bile acids in primary rat hepatocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;293:G327-34 pubmed..In conclusion, cyclin D1 is a relevant player in modulating apoptosis by bile acids, in part through a p53-dependent mechanism. ..
- Salama S, Nasr A, Dubey R, Al Hendy A. Estrogen metabolite 2-methoxyestradiol induces apoptosis and inhibits cell proliferation and collagen production in rat and human leiomyoma cells: a potential medicinal treatment for uterine fibroids. J Soc Gynecol Investig. 2006;13:542-50 pubmed..To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report showing the potential use of 2-methoxyestradiol as a nonsurgical alternative therapy for uterine leiomyomas. ..
- Yan J, Brown T. Cell proliferation and expression of cell cycle regulatory proteins that control the G1/S transition are age dependent and lobe specific in the Brown Norway rat model of prostatic hyperplasia. Endocrinology. 2008;149:193-207 pubmed..In conclusion, rates of cell proliferation and levels of cell-cycle regulatory proteins that control the G1/S transition exhibit lobe-specific and age-dependent differences in response to androgens. ..
- Catarino R, Pereira D, Breda E, Coelho A, Matos A, Lopes C, et al. Oncogenic virus-associated neoplasia: a role for cyclin D1 genotypes influencing the age of onset of disease?. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;370:118-22 pubmed publisherCyclin D1 (CCND1) is a key regulatory protein at the G1/S checkpoint of the cell cycle. The purpose of our study was to assess the role of CCND1 genotypes influencing the age of onset of oncogenic virus-associated neoplasia...
- Kang C, Kim H, Kim H, Choi G, Kim K, Choi J, et al. Expression of Wnt target genes in solid pseudopapillary tumor of the pancreas: a pilot study. Pancreas. 2009;38:e53-9 pubmed..Subtle changes in the intracellular environment, not pathologic (morphologic) changes, may elucidate the unpredictable clinical course of this tumor. ..
- Meyerson M, Harlow E. Identification of G1 kinase activity for cdk6, a novel cyclin D partner. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:2077-86 pubmed..This timing suggests that cdk6, and by analogy its homolog cdk4, links growth factor stimulation with the onset of cell cycle progression. ..
- Qin L, Zhao L, Chen X, Yang Z, Mo W. The CCND1 G870A gene polymorphism and leukemia or non-Hodgkin lymphoma risk: a meta-analysis. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2014;15:6923-8 pubmedIn recent years, mounting evidence has indicated that the CCND1 G870A gene polymorphism, which impacts the mitotic cell cycle, may influence leukemia or non-Hodgkin lymphoma risk. Unfortunately, the previous results were inconsistent...
- He Y, Council S, Feng L, Chignell C. UVA-induced cell cycle progression is mediated by a disintegrin and metalloprotease/epidermal growth factor receptor/AKT/Cyclin D1 pathways in keratinocytes. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3752-8 pubmed publisher..Identification of these signaling pathways in UVA-induced cell proliferation will facilitate the development of efficient and safe chemopreventive and therapeutic strategies for skin cancer. ..
- Woo M, Hakem R, Furlonger C, Hakem A, Duncan G, Sasaki T, et al. Caspase-3 regulates cell cycle in B cells: a consequence of substrate specificity. Nat Immunol. 2003;4:1016-22 pubmed..Our genetic and biochemical data demonstrate that caspase-3 is essential in the regulation of B cell homeostasis. ..
- Weinhold N, Johnson D, Chubb D, Chen B, Forsti A, Hosking F, et al. The CCND1 c.870G>A polymorphism is a risk factor for t(11;14)(q13;q32) multiple myeloma. Nat Genet. 2013;45:522-525 pubmed publisher..The t(11;14)(q13;q32) translocation in which CCND1 is placed under the control of the immunoglobulin heavy chain enhancer was strongly associated with the CCND1 c...
- Ren M, Zhong X, Ma C, Sun Y, Guan Q, Cui B, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1 promotes cell cycle progression via upregulation of cyclin D1 expression through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/nuclear factor-kappaB signaling pathway in FRTL thyroid cells. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2009;30:113-9 pubmed publisher..In summary, the results of the present study show that in FRTL cells, IGF-1 promotes cell cycle progression via an upregulation of cyclin D1 expression, at least partially through the PI3K/NF-kappaB signaling pathway. ..
- Parrales A, Palma Nicolás J, Lopez E, López Colomé A. Thrombin stimulates RPE cell proliferation by promoting c-Fos-mediated cyclin D1 expression. J Cell Physiol. 2010;222:302-12 pubmed publisher..Evidence here provided contributes to the understanding of the mechanisms involved in proliferative eye diseases and enhances the possibility of controlling pathologies such as proliferative PVR, which eventually lead to blindness. ..
- Cao Y, Bonizzi G, Seagroves T, Greten F, Johnson R, Schmidt E, et al. IKKalpha provides an essential link between RANK signaling and cyclin D1 expression during mammary gland development. Cell. 2001;107:763-75 pubmed..Thus, IKKalpha is a critical intermediate in a pathway that controls mammary epithelial proliferation in response to RANK signaling via cyclin D1. ..
- Hamanaka R, Bennett B, Cullinan S, Diehl J. PERK and GCN2 contribute to eIF2alpha phosphorylation and cell cycle arrest after activation of the unfolded protein response pathway. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5493-501 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that PERK and GCN2 function to cooperatively regulate eIF2alpha phosphorylation and cyclin D1 translation after UPR activation. ..
- Terada Y, Kobayashi T, Kuwana H, Tanaka H, Inoshita S, Kuwahara M, et al. Aldosterone stimulates proliferation of mesangial cells by activating mitogen-activated protein kinase 1/2, cyclin D1, and cyclin A. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2005;16:2296-305 pubmed..MR antagonists may serve as a potential therapeutic approach to mesangial proliferative disease. ..