Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ccl2
Description: C-C motif chemokine ligand 2
Alias: MCP-1, Scya2, Sigje, C-C motif chemokine 2, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2, immediate-early serum-responsive JE protein, immediate-early serum-responsive protein JE, monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, monocyte chemotactic protein 1, small inducible cytokine A2, small inducible gene JE
- Eugenin E, D Aversa T, Lopez L, Calderon T, Berman J. MCP-1 (CCL2) protects human neurons and astrocytes from NMDA or HIV-tat-induced apoptosis. J Neurochem. 2003;85:1299-311 pubmed..Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1 or CCL2) and regulated upon activation normal T cell expressed and secreted (RANTES) were found to protect mixed cultures ..
- McDermott D, Yang Q, Kathiresan S, Cupples L, Massaro J, Keaney J, et al. CCL2 polymorphisms are associated with serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 levels and myocardial infarction in the Framingham Heart Study. Circulation. 2005;112:1113-20 pubmed..We analyzed the association of genetic variation in the MCP-1 gene (CCL2) with prevalent myocardial infarction and serum MCP-1 levels in the community-based Framingham Heart Study ..
- Yamada K, Sakurai E, Itaya M, Yamasaki S, Ogura Y. Inhibition of laser-induced choroidal neovascularization by atorvastatin by downregulation of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 synthesis in mice. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:1839-43 pubmed..of CNV volume and the expression of chemoattractant CC chemokine ligand 2/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (CCL2/MCP-1) and intracellular adhesion molecule (ICAM)-1...
- Chen M, Proost P, Gysemans C, Mathieu C, Eizirik D. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is expressed in pancreatic islets from prediabetic NOD mice and in interleukin-1 beta-exposed human and rat islet cells. Diabetologia. 2001;44:325-32 pubmed..The production of MCP-1 by pancreatic beta cells could contribute to the recruitment of mononuclear cells into pancreatic islets in early Type I diabetes. ..
- Kutlu B, Darville M, Cardozo A, Eizirik D. Molecular regulation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression in pancreatic beta-cells. Diabetes. 2003;52:348-55 pubmed..We conclude that NF-kappaB plays an important role for MCP-1 expression in beta-cells. This transcription factor may be an interesting target for ex vivo gene therapy before islet transplantation. ..
- Jeon S, Lee K, Park E, Jeon Y, Cho H. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 immunoreactivity in sensory ganglia and hindpaw after adjuvant injection. Neuroreport. 2008;19:183-6 pubmed publisherMonocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1)/CCL2 is a member of the CC chemokine family that exhibits potent chemotactic activity for monocytes/macrophages...
- Funatsu H, Noma H, Mimura T, Eguchi S, Hori S. Association of vitreous inflammatory factors with diabetic macular edema. Ophthalmology. 2009;116:73-9 pubmed publisher..VEGF and ICAM-1 had a stronger influence than the other factors. The authors have no proprietary or commercial interest in any materials discussed in this article. ..
- Michalak S, Wender M, Michałowska Wender G. Cachexia--induced cerebellar degeneration: involvement of serum TNF and MCP-1 in the course of experimental neoplastic disease. Acta Neurobiol Exp (Wars). 2006;66:113-22 pubmed
- Aguilar F, Gonzalez Escribano M, Sanchez Roman J, Nunez Roldan A. MCP-1 promoter polymorphism in Spanish patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Tissue Antigens. 2001;58:335-8 pubmed..Further studies are necessary in order to elucidate the role of this polymorphism in the pathogenesis of other inflammatory autoimmune diseases. ..
- Jonas J, Tao Y, Neumaier M, Findeisen P. Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1, intercellular adhesion molecule 1, and vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in exudative age-related macular degeneration. Arch Ophthalmol. 2010;128:1281-6 pubmed publisherTo examine intraocular concentrations of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1), soluble intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (sICAM-1), soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (sVCAM-1), and vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) ..
- Moon J, Jeong L, Lee S, Jeong K, Lee T, Ihm C, et al. Association of polymorphisms in monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 promoter with diabetic kidney failure in Korean patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. J Korean Med Sci. 2007;22:810-4 pubmed..Our result shows that the -2518 A allele of the MCP-1 gene is associated with kidney failure in Korean patients with type 2 DM. ..
- Zineh I, Beitelshees A, Silverstein J, Haller M. Serum monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 concentrations associate with diabetes status but not arterial stiffness in children with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2009;32:465-7 pubmed publisher..The clinical significance of MCP-1 elevation in type 1 diabetes needs further investigation. ..
- Aoki T, Kataoka H, Ishibashi R, Nozaki K, Egashira K, Hashimoto N. Impact of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 deficiency on cerebral aneurysm formation. Stroke. 2009;40:942-51 pubmed publisher..MCP-1 expression in CA walls is induced through nuclear factor-kappa B activation. MCP-1 may be a novel therapeutic target of medical treatment preventing CA progression. ..
- Guyon A, Skrzydelski D, De Giry I, Rovere C, Conductier G, Trocello J, et al. Long term exposure to the chemokine CCL2 activates the nigrostriatal dopamine system: a novel mechanism for the control of dopamine release. Neuroscience. 2009;162:1072-80 pubmed publisher..Recently, we demonstrated that CCR2, the main receptor for the chemokine CCL2, is constitutively expressed in dopamine neurons in the rat substantia nigra...
- Zhou Y, Tang H, Liu J, Dong J, Xiong H. Chemokine CCL2 modulation of neuronal excitability and synaptic transmission in rat hippocampal slices. J Neurochem. 2011;116:406-14 pubmed publisherIn addition to its well-characterized effects in immune system, chemokine CC motif ligand 2 (CCL2, formerly known as monocyte chemoattractant protein-1) is believed to play an important role in brain physiological and pathological ..
- Arimura N, Ki i Y, Hashiguchi T, Kawahara K, Biswas K, Nakamura M, et al. Intraocular expression and release of high-mobility group box 1 protein in retinal detachment. Lab Invest. 2009;89:278-89 pubmed publisher..In addition, we assessed the vitreous concentrations of HMGB1 and monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) in human eyes with RD...
- Ambati J, Anand A, Fernandez S, Sakurai E, Lynn B, Kuziel W, et al. An animal model of age-related macular degeneration in senescent Ccl-2- or Ccr-2-deficient mice. Nat Med. 2003;9:1390-7 pubmed..Wild-type choroidal macrophages degrade C5 and IgG in eye sections of Ccl2(-/-) or Ccr2(-/-) mice...
- Van Steenwinckel J, Reaux Le Goazigo A, Pommier B, Mauborgne A, Dansereau M, Kitabgi P, et al. CCL2 released from neuronal synaptic vesicles in the spinal cord is a major mediator of local inflammation and pain after peripheral nerve injury. J Neurosci. 2011;31:5865-75 pubmed publisherb>CCL2 chemokine and its receptor CCR2 may contribute to neuropathic pain development...
- Nakazawa T, Hisatomi T, Nakazawa C, Noda K, Maruyama K, She H, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 mediates retinal detachment-induced photoreceptor apoptosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:2425-30 pubmed..Recently, increased expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) was reported in vitreous humor samples of patients with RD and diabetic retinopathy as well ..
- Yamamoto T, Nishioka K. Role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 and its receptor,CCR-2, in the pathogenesis of bleomycin-induced scleroderma. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:510-6 pubmed
- Foresti M, Arisi G, Katki K, Montañez A, Sanchez R, Shapiro L. Chemokine CCL2 and its receptor CCR2 are increased in the hippocampus following pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus. J Neuroinflammation. 2009;6:40 pubmed publisherNeuroinflammation occurs after seizures and is implicated in epileptogenesis. CCR2 is a chemokine receptor for CCL2 and their interaction mediates monocyte infiltration in the neuroinflammatory cascade triggered in different brain ..
- Tanaka T, Minami M, Nakagawa T, Satoh M. Enhanced production of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in the dorsal root ganglia in a rat model of neuropathic pain: possible involvement in the development of neuropathic pain. Neurosci Res. 2004;48:463-9 pubmed..Furthermore, intrathecal administration of MCP-1 induced mechanical allodynia. These results suggest that MCP-1 produced in the DRG neurons is involved in the development of mechanical allodynia induced by nerve injury. ..
- Czaja M, Geerts A, Xu J, Schmiedeberg P, Ju Y. Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) expression occurs in toxic rat liver injury and human liver disease. J Leukoc Biol. 1994;55:120-6 pubmed..To further define this process, the gene expression of the monocyte chemoattractant monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) was examined in animal and human liver disease...
- Manley N, Bertrand A, Kinney K, Hing T, Sapolsky R. Characterization of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 expression following a kainate model of status epilepticus. Brain Res. 2007;1182:138-43 pubmed..To address this, we report the expression profile of the chemokine, monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1, CCL2), during kainate-induced seizure in the rat hippocampus...
- Yan Y, Sailor K, Lang B, Park S, Vemuganti R, Dempsey R. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 plays a critical role in neuroblast migration after focal cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2007;27:1213-24 pubmed..These results show that MCP-1 is one of the factors that attract the migration of newly formed neuroblasts from neurogenic regions to the damaged regions of brain after focal ischemia. ..
- Chiu K, Yeung S, So K, Chang R. Modulation of morphological changes of microglia and neuroprotection by monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in experimental glaucoma. Cell Mol Immunol. 2010;7:61-8 pubmed publisherMonocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1)/CCL2 is a C-C chemokine involved in the activation and recruitment of monocytic cells to injury sites...
- Banisadr G, Gosselin R, Mechighel P, Kitabgi P, Rostene W, Parsadaniantz S. Highly regionalized neuronal expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) in rat brain: evidence for its colocalization with neurotransmitters and neuropeptides. J Comp Neurol. 2005;489:275-92 pubmedThe monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2) and its receptor CCR2 are key modulators of immune functions. In the nervous system, MCP-1/CCL2 is implicated in neuroinflammatory pathologies...
- Thacker M, Clark A, Bishop T, Grist J, Yip P, Moon L, et al. CCL2 is a key mediator of microglia activation in neuropathic pain states. Eur J Pain. 2009;13:263-72 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the chemokine CCL2, produced by both damaged and undamaged primary sensory neurons in neuropathic pain states in rats, is released in ..
- Bhangoo S, Ren D, Miller R, Henry K, Lineswala J, Hamdouchi C, et al. Delayed functional expression of neuronal chemokine receptors following focal nerve demyelination in the rat: a mechanism for the development of chronic sensitization of peripheral nociceptors. Mol Pain. 2007;3:38 pubmed..Significant increases in the numbers of neurons expressing the chemokines monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1/CCL2), Regulated on Activation, Normal T Expressed and Secreted (RANTES/CCL5) and interferon gamma-inducing protein-10 (..
- Knerlich Lukoschus F, Juraschek M, Blomer U, Lucius R, Mehdorn H, Held Feindt J. Force-dependent development of neuropathic central pain and time-related CCL2/CCR2 expression after graded spinal cord contusion injuries of the rat. J Neurotrauma. 2008;25:427-48 pubmed publisherSpinal cord injury (SCI) often results in intractable chronic central pain syndromes. Recently chemokines such as CCL2 were identified as possible key integrators of neuropathic pain and inflammation after peripheral nerve lesion...
- Dansereau M, Gosselin R, Pohl M, Pommier B, Mechighel P, Mauborgne A, et al. Spinal CCL2 pronociceptive action is no longer effective in CCR2 receptor antagonist-treated rats. J Neurochem. 2008;106:757-69 pubmed publisher..Among chemokines, MCP-1/CCL2 involvement in neuropathic pain processing is now established...
- Dong N, Li X, Xiao L, Yu W, Wang B, Chu L. Upregulation of retinal neuronal MCP-1 in the rodent model of diabetic retinopathy and its function in vitro. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7567-75 pubmed publisher..To evaluate the expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) in the rodent model of diabetic retinopathy (DR) and to study the stimulation of microglial activation by retinal neuronal MCP-1 in vitro...
- Tuo J, Bojanowski C, Zhou M, Shen D, Ross R, Rosenberg K, et al. Murine ccl2/cx3cr1 deficiency results in retinal lesions mimicking human age-related macular degeneration. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2007;48:3827-36 pubmedSenescent Ccl2(-/-) mice are reported to develop cardinal features of human age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Loss-of-function single-nucleotide polymorphisms within CX3CR1 are also found to be associated with AMD...
- Banisadr G, Gosselin R, Mechighel P, Rostene W, Kitabgi P, Mélik Parsadaniantz S. Constitutive neuronal expression of CCR2 chemokine receptor and its colocalization with neurotransmitters in normal rat brain: functional effect of MCP-1/CCL2 on calcium mobilization in primary cultured neurons. J Comp Neurol. 2005;492:178-92 pubmed..These data are largely in accordance with results obtained using quantitative autoradiography with [(125)I]MCP-1/CCL2 and RT-PCR CCR2 mRNA analysis...
- White F, Sun J, Waters S, Ma C, Ren D, Ripsch M, et al. Excitatory monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 signaling is up-regulated in sensory neurons after chronic compression of the dorsal root ganglion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:14092-7 pubmed..MCP-1/CCR2 signaling is directly involved with a chronic compression injury and may contribute to associated neuronal hyperexcitability and neuropathic pain. ..
- Woo J, Kil S, Oh S, Lee Y, Park R, Lim D, et al. IL-10/HMOX1 signaling modulates cochlear inflammation via negative regulation of MCP-1/CCL2 expression in cochlear fibrocytes. J Immunol. 2015;194:3953-61 pubmed publisher..to inhibit nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae (NTHi)-induced upregulation of monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1; CCL2) in response to IL-10...
- Bozoglu E, Dinc A, Erdem H, Pay S, Simsek I, Kocar I. Vascular endothelial growth factor and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in Behçet's patients with venous thrombosis. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2005;23:S42-8 pubmed..Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is a stimulant of angiogenesis secondary to ischemia while monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) is induced by shear stresses leading to vascular collateral development...
- Mittal N, Sanyal S. In vivo effect of surfactant on inflammatory cytokines during endotoxin-induced lung injury in rodents. J Immunotoxicol. 2011;8:274-83 pubmed publisher..Last, the studies here clearly indicated that in this aspect, natural surfactant appears to be more beneficial compared to synthetic surfactant. ..
- Wu H, Wang Y, Tay Y, Zheng G, Zhang C, Alexander S, et al. DNA vaccination with naked DNA encoding MCP-1 and RANTES protects against renal injury in adriamycin nephropathy. Kidney Int. 2005;67:2178-86 pubmed..The protective mechanism may involve the production of autoantibodies against MCP-1 and RANTES. ..
- Kobayashi Y, Kubo A, Iwano M, Sakaguchi Y, Samejima K, Kyoda Y, et al. Levels of MCP-1 and GM-CSF mRNA correlated with inflammatory cytokines mRNA levels in experimental autoimmune myocarditis in rats. Autoimmunity. 2002;35:97-104 pubmed..These findings suggest that elevated MCP-1 and GM-CSF may associate with the migration and proliferation of monocytes/macrophages in EAM. Thus, MCP-1 and GM-CSF may play an important role in the progression of EAM. ..
- Xing D, Feng W, Miller A, Weathington N, Chen Y, Novak L, et al. Estrogen modulates TNF-alpha-induced inflammatory responses in rat aortic smooth muscle cells through estrogen receptor-beta activation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H2607-12 pubmed..E2 inhibits activated RASMC proinflammatory mediator expression and neutrophil chemotactic activity through an ER beta-dependent mechanism. ..
- Li Q, Yan J, Zhang L, Chen P. [Antifibrotic effects of N-acetyl-seryl-aspartyl-lysyl-proline mediated by the regulation of MCP-1 and ED-1 expression on rats with silicosis]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2008;37:666-70 pubmed..2% and 74.9%. AcSDKP can decrease and reverse pulmonary fibrosis in rats with silicosis which may be mediated in part by inhibition of the infiltration and aggregation of macrophage and the severity of silicotic alveolitis. ..
- Feng C, Wang X, Liu T, Zhang M, Xu G, Ni Y. Expression of CCL2 and its receptor in activation and migration of microglia and monocytes induced by photoreceptor apoptosis. Mol Vis. 2017;23:765-777 pubmedTo explore the effect of the CCL2 and CCR2 system on the activation and migration of microglia and monocytes in light-induced photoreceptor apoptosis...
- Tumpey T, Cheng H, Yan X, Oakes J, Lausch R. Chemokine synthesis in the HSV-1-infected cornea and its suppression by interleukin-10. J Leukoc Biol. 1998;63:486-92 pubmed..Furthermore, our results indicate that MIP-1alpha plays a major role in herpes stromal keratitis development, whereas MCP-1 does not. ..
- Becker M, de Marie S, Fens M, Verbrugh H, Bakker Woudenberg I. Effect of amphotericin B treatment on kinetics of cytokines and parameters of fungal load in neutropenic rats with invasive pulmonary aspergillosis. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2003;52:428-34 pubmed..This reduction in fungal load probably results in a decreased local inflammatory response, as measured by decreased levels of IL-6, MIP-2 and MCP-1 in the infected lung. ..
- Tønnessen T, Florholmen G, Henriksen U, Christensen G. Cardiopulmonary alterations in mRNA expression for interleukin-1beta, the interleukin-6 superfamily and CXC-chemokines during development of postischaemic heart failure in the rat. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2003;23:263-8 pubmed..Our novel findings of increased cardiac CNTF and cardiopulmonary MCP-1 mRNA indicate a role for these factors in the pathogenesis of HF. ..
- Tam F, Riser B, Meeran K, Rambow J, Pusey C, Frankel A. Urinary monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and connective tissue growth factor (CCN2) as prognostic markers for progression of diabetic nephropathy. Cytokine. 2009;47:37-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, increased urinary CCN2 is associated with the early progression of DN, whereas MCP-1 is associated with later stage disease. ..
- Shahrara S, Proudfoot A, Park C, Volin M, Haines G, Woods J, et al. Inhibition of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 ameliorates rat adjuvant-induced arthritis. J Immunol. 2008;180:3447-56 pubmedChemokines, including RANTES/CCL5 and MCP-1/CCL2, are highly expressed in the joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis, and they promote leukocyte migration into the synovial tissue...
- Raghavendran K, Davidson B, Woytash J, Helinski J, Marschke C, Manderscheid P, et al. The evolution of isolated bilateral lung contusion from blunt chest trauma in rats: cellular and cytokine responses. Shock. 2005;24:132-8 pubmed..Inflammatory injury from isolated bilateral lung contusion in rats is most severe in the acute period (8 min-24 h) after initial blunt trauma, and includes a component of neutrophil-dependent pathology. ..
- Kano F, Matsubara K, Ueda M, Hibi H, Yamamoto A. Secreted Ectodomain of Sialic Acid-Binding Ig-Like Lectin-9 and Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1 Synergistically Regenerate Transected Rat Peripheral Nerves by Altering Macrophage Polarity. Stem Cells. 2017;35:641-653 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data suggest that MCP-1/sSiglec-9 regenerates PNs by inducing tissue-repairing M2 macrophages and may provide therapeutic benefits for severe peripheral nerve injuries. Stem Cells 2017;35:641-653. ..
- Wu L, Iwai M, Li Z, Shiuchi T, Min L, Cui T, et al. Regulation of inhibitory protein-kappaB and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 by angiotensin II type 2 receptor-activated Src homology protein tyrosine phosphatase-1 in fetal vascular smooth muscle cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2004;18:666-78 pubmed
- Nio Y, Yamauchi T, Iwabu M, Okada Iwabu M, Funata M, Yamaguchi M, et al. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) deficiency enhances alternatively activated M2 macrophages and ameliorates insulin resistance and fatty liver in lipoatrophic diabetic A-ZIP transgenic mice. Diabetologia. 2012;55:3350-8 pubmed publisherMonocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1)/chemokine (C-C motif) ligand (CCL) 2 (CCL2) secreted from white adipose tissue (WAT) in obesity has been reported to contribute to tissue macrophage accumulation and insulin resistance by ..
- Ono K, Matsumori A, Furukawa Y, Igata H, Shioi T, Matsushima K, et al. Prevention of myocardial reperfusion injury in rats by an antibody against monocyte chemotactic and activating factor/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1. Lab Invest. 1999;79:195-203 pubmed..Neutralization of MCAF/MCP-1 is beneficial by preventing reperfusion injury in a rat model of myocardial ischemia and reperfusion. ..
- Wohlleben G, Müller J, Tatsch U, Hambrecht C, Herz U, Renz H, et al. Influenza A virus infection inhibits the efficient recruitment of Th2 cells into the airways and the development of airway eosinophilia. J Immunol. 2003;170:4601-11 pubmed..and increased IFN-gamma, eotaxin/CC chemokine ligand (CCL)11, RANTES/CCL5, and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1/CCL2 levels in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid, and increased airway hyperreactivity compared with OVA-immunized mice...
- Xu J, Dong H, Qian Q, Zhang X, Wang Y, Jin W, et al. Astrocyte-derived CCL2 participates in surgery-induced cognitive dysfunction and neuroinflammation via evoking microglia activation. Behav Brain Res. 2017;332:145-153 pubmed publisher..Recent evidence suggests the involvement of the CCL2-CCR2 pathway in CNS inflammation-related diseases...
- Deng Y, Lu J, Ling E, Kaur C. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) produced via NF-kappaB signaling pathway mediates migration of amoeboid microglia in the periventricular white matter in hypoxic neonatal rats. Glia. 2009;57:604-21 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that the preponderance and active migration of AMC, as well as them being the main cellular source of MCP-1, may offer an explanation for the PWM being susceptible to hypoxic damage in neonatal brain. ..
- Cho J, Gruol D. The chemokine CCL2 activates p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway in cultured rat hippocampal cells. J Neuroimmunol. 2008;199:94-103 pubmed publisher..blot analysis showed that in rat hippocampal neuronal/glial cultures the signal transduction pathway activated by CCL2, a chemokine expressed in the normal brain and at elevated levels during neuroinflammation, involves a G-protein ..
- Miller M, Cho J, Pham A, Friedman P, Ramsdell J, Broide D. Persistent airway inflammation and emphysema progression on CT scan in ex-smokers observed for 4 years. Chest. 2011;139:1380-1387 pubmed publisher..Discontinuing smoking may slow the rate of progression of moderate severity COPD-E, but it does not prevent persistent airway inflammation and significant progression of COPD-E on CT scan. ..
- Jantaratnotai N, Choi H, McLarnon J. ATP stimulates chemokine production via a store-operated calcium entry pathway in C6 glioma cells. BMC Cancer. 2009;9:442 pubmed publisher..Elevated levels of MCP-1 and IL-8 are predicted to enhance the mobility of tumor cells and promote recruitment of microglia into developing tumors thereby supporting tumor growth. ..
- Flex A, Gaetani E, Papaleo P, Straface G, Proia A, Pecorini G, et al. Proinflammatory genetic profiles in subjects with history of ischemic stroke. Stroke. 2004;35:2270-5 pubmed..2 to 248.1), respectively. Proinflammatory genetic profiles are significantly more common in subjects with stroke history. Synergistic effects between proinflammatory genotypes might be potential markers for cerebrovascular diseases. ..
- Schmidt K, Martinez Gamboa L, Meier S, Witt C, Meisel C, Hanitsch L, et al. Bronchoalveoloar lavage fluid cytokines and chemokines as markers and predictors for the outcome of interstitial lung disease in systemic sclerosis patients. Arthritis Res Ther. 2009;11:R111 pubmed publisher..when compared with ILD-negative SSc patients, ILD-positive SSc patients revealed higher IL-4, IL-6, IL-8, and CCL2 (MCP-1) BALF levels. High CCL2 and IL-8 BALF concentrations were associated with neutrophilic and mixed alveolitis...
- Subbarao K, Jala V, Mathis S, Suttles J, Zacharias W, Ahamed J, et al. Role of leukotriene B4 receptors in the development of atherosclerosis: potential mechanisms. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004;24:369-75 pubmed..the human BLT-1 showed highest-fold increase in expression of fatty acid translocase/CD36 and the chemokine MCP1/JE/CCL2, which are critical in atherogenesis...
- Deliyanti D, Zhang Y, Khong F, Berka D, Stapleton D, Kelly D, et al. FT011, a Novel Cardiorenal Protective Drug, Reduces Inflammation, Gliosis and Vascular Injury in Rats with Diabetic Retinopathy. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0134392 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the protective effects of FT011 in cardiorenal disease extend to key elements of diabetic retinopathy and highlight its potential as a treatment approach. ..
- Potula H, Wang D, Quyen D, Singh N, Kundumani Sridharan V, Karpurapu M, et al. Src-dependent STAT-3-mediated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 is required for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced vascular smooth muscle cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:31142-55 pubmed publisher..These results show for the first time that 15-LOX1-15(S)-HETE axis plays a major role in vascular wall remodeling after balloon angioplasty. ..
- Nath K, Vercellotti G, Grande J, Miyoshi H, Paya C, Manivel J, et al. Heme protein-induced chronic renal inflammation: suppressive effect of induced heme oxygenase-1. Kidney Int. 2001;59:106-17 pubmed..Such up-regulation represents an anti-inflammatory response since the genetic deficiency of HO-1 markedly increases activation of NF-kappaB, MCP-1 expression, and tubulointerstitial cellular inflammation. ..
- Khan K, Masuzaki H, Fujishita A, Kitajima M, Sekine I, Ishimaru T. Higher activity by opaque endometriotic lesions than nonopaque lesions. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004;83:375-82 pubmed..Opaque red lesions display a higher activity than with nonopaque red lesions in both PF and intact tissue. This indicates different histogenesis in their generation in the pelvic cavity. ..
- Arms L, Girard B, Malley S, Vizzard M. Expression and function of CCL2/CCR2 in rat micturition reflexes and somatic sensitivity with urinary bladder inflammation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2013;305:F111-22 pubmed publisher..We have explored the expression and functional roles of CCL2 (monocyte chemoattractant protein-1) and its high-affinity receptor, CCR2, in micturition reflex function and ..
- Yamashiro S, Takeya M, Kuratsu J, Ushio Y, Takahashi K, Yoshimura T. Intradermal injection of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 induces emigration and differentiation of blood monocytes in rat skin. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 1998;115:15-23 pubmed..However, this effect was transient and the infiltration of monocytes did not result in tissue damage. ..
- Zhao H, Ito T, Gibo J, Kawabe K, Oono T, Kaku T, et al. Anti-monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 gene therapy attenuates experimental chronic pancreatitis induced by dibutyltin dichloride in rats. Gut. 2005;54:1759-67 pubmedb>Monocyte chemoattractant protein 1 (MCP-1) is a member of the C-C chemokine family and exerts strong chemoattractant activity in monocytes, macrophages, and lymphocytes...