Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cckbr
Description: cholecystokinin B receptor
Alias: Cck2r, Cholrec, gastrin/cholecystokinin type B receptor, CCK-B receptor, CCK-BR, CCK2 receptor, CCK2-R, cholecystokinin-2 receptor
- Brack K, Lovick T. Neuronal excitability in the periaqueductal grey matter during the estrous cycle in female Wistar rats. Neuroscience. 2007;144:325-35 pubmed..The findings may have implications for understanding the neural processes that underlie the development of premenstrual dysphorias in women. ..
- Langmesser S, Cerezo Guisado M, Lorenzo M, Garcia Marin L, Bragado M. CCK1 and 2 receptors are expressed in immortalized rat brain neuroblasts: intracellular signals after cholecystokinin stimulation. J Cell Biochem. 2007;100:851-64 pubmed..Results show that CCK1 and CCK2 receptor mRNAs and CCK2 receptor protein are expressed in neuroblasts...
- Wang H, Zhu Y, Farook J, Moochhala S, Teo A, Lee L, et al. Genetic variations in CCK2 receptor in PVG hooded and Sprague-Dawley rats and its mRNA expression on cat exposure. Behav Neurosci. 2003;117:385-90 pubmed..The authors confirmed by reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction that CCK2 receptor expression in the PVG rats was increased in the hippocampus and cerebral cortex compared with that of SD rats...
- Pérez de la Mora M, Hernández Gómez A, Arizmendi García Y, Jacobsen K, Lara García D, Flores Gracia C, et al. Role of the amygdaloid cholecystokinin (CCK)/gastrin-2 receptors and terminal networks in the modulation of anxiety in the rat. Effects of CCK-4 and CCK-8S on anxiety-like behaviour and [3H]GABA release. Eur J Neurosci. 2007;26:3614-30 pubmed
- Xanthos D, Kumar N, Theodorsson E, Coderre T. The roles of nerve growth factor and cholecystokinin in the enhancement of morphine analgesia in a rodent model of central nervous system inflammation. Neuropharmacology. 2009;56:684-91 pubmed publisher..We suggest that in intrathecally LPS-treated rats, spinal CCK release is altered resulting in enhanced morphine analgesia, and that this mechanism may be regulated to an important extent by NGF. ..
- Cao Y, Cao X, Liu X. Expression of cholecystokinin2-receptor in rat and human L cells and the stimulation of glucagon-like peptide-1 secretion by gastrin treatment. Acta Histochem. 2015;117:205-10 pubmed publisher..that, in addition to the trophic effects of gastrin on Î²-cells, L cells also express cholecystokinin2-receptor (CCK2R), which may regulate GLP-1 secretion and have synergistic effects on glucose homeostasis...
- Chung L, Moore S, Cox C. Cholecystokinin action on layer 6b neurons in somatosensory cortex. Brain Res. 2009;1282:10-9 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that CCK, acting via CCK(B) receptors, produces a long-lasting excitation of layer 6b neocortical neurons, and this action may play a critical role in modulation of corticothalamic circuit activity. ..
- Bertoglio L, Zangrossi H. Involvement of dorsolateral periaqueductal gray cholecystokinin-2 receptors in the regulation of a panic-related behavior in rats. Brain Res. 2005;1059:46-51 pubmed..Neither CCK-4 nor LY-225910 affected inhibitory avoidance acquisition. The present results substantiate the view that dlPAG CCK(2) receptors modulate panic-related behaviors. ..
- El Kouhen K, Morisset J. Control of somatostatin (SS) secretion by CCK-1 and CCK-2 receptors' occupation in RIN-14B cells, a rat pancreatic islet cell line. Pancreas. 2010;39:127-34 pubmed publisher..Both CCKR subtypes occupy RIN-14B cells and initiate SS secretion through constitutive secretion controlled at SS synthesis level. Somatostatin secretion via the CCK-1R occupation mobilizes its high-affinity sites. ..
- Mathieu A, Clerc P, Portolan G, Bierkamp C, Lulka H, Pradayrol L, et al. Transgenic expression of CCK2 receptors sensitizes murine pancreatic acinar cells to carcinogen-induced preneoplastic lesions formation. Int J Cancer. 2005;115:46-54 pubmed..Previous studies have demonstrated that transgenic expression of the CCK2 receptor in acinar cells of ElasCCK2 mice plays a role in the development of pancreatic neoplasia...
- Julien S, Laine J, Morisset J. Regulation of rat pancreatic CCKB receptor and somatostatin expression by insulin. Diabetes. 2004;53:1526-34 pubmed..In conclusion, these data strongly suggest that insulin can negatively control pancreatic somatostatin mRNA and hormone content and positively control CCK(B)R mRNA; the CCK(B)R protein appears to be delayed. ..
- Hösing V, Schirmacher A, Kuhlenbaumer G, Freitag C, Sand P, Schlesiger C, et al. Cholecystokinin- and cholecystokinin-B-receptor gene polymorphisms in panic disorder. J Neural Transm Suppl. 2004;:147-56 pubmed..No difference between groups was observed for the -36C > T polymorphism. Our findings are consistent with the notion that genetic variation in the CCK neurotransmitter system contributes to the pathogenesis of panic disorder. ..
- Jagerschmidt A, Popovici T, O Donohue M, Roques B. Identification and characterization of various cholecystokinin B receptor mRNA forms in rat brain tissue and partial determination of the cholecystokinin B receptor gene structure. J Neurochem. 1994;63:1199-206 pubmed..This mRNA, for which a cellular function has not been assigned, potentially encodes a protein consisting of 168 amino acids. ..
- Wank S, Pisegna J, De Weerth A. Brain and gastrointestinal cholecystokinin receptor family: structure and functional expression. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:8691-5 pubmed..We conclude that this cDNA isolated from rat brain and AR42-J cells is a receptor of the CCKB subtype and that the respective cDNAs for both CCKA and CCKB are identical in the brain and gastrointestinal system. ..
- Reubi J, Waser B, Gugger M, Friess H, Kleeff J, Kayed H, et al. Distribution of CCK1 and CCK2 receptors in normal and diseased human pancreatic tissue. Gastroenterology. 2003;125:98-106 pubmed..pancreatic carcinomas were investigated under carefully controlled conditions for expression of CCK1 and CCK2 receptor messenger RNA (mRNA) and proteins using in situ hybridization and in vitro CCK receptor autoradiography by ..
- Savage K, Waller H, Stubbs M, Khan K, Watson S, Clarke P, et al. Targeting of cholecystokinin B/gastrin receptor in colonic, pancreatic and hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Int J Oncol. 2006;29:1429-35 pubmed..A coincidence of anti-GRE1 and apoptosis was seen. Targeting CCK-BR by peptide or antibody may offer therapeutic opportunities for some cancers. ..
- Chung L, Moore S. Cholecystokinin excites interneurons in rat basolateral amygdala. J Neurophysiol. 2009;102:272-84 pubmed publisher..However, another distinct group of interneurons was unaffected by CCK. These effects were mediated by the CCKB receptor subtype. The excitatory effect of CCK appeared to be mediated by both a nonselective cation and a K+ current. ..
- Wu C, Hung C, Chang F, Pau K, Wang J, Wang P. Involvement of cholecystokinin receptor in the inhibition of gastric emptying by oxytocin in male rats. Pflugers Arch. 2002;445:187-93 pubmed..These results suggest that OT inhibits gastric emptying in male rats via a mechanism involving CCK stimulation and CCKA receptor activation. ..
- Nagata A, Ito M, Iwata N, Kuno J, Takano H, Minowa O, et al. G protein-coupled cholecystokinin-B/gastrin receptors are responsible for physiological cell growth of the stomach mucosa in vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:11825-30 pubmed..These results clearly demonstrated that the G protein-coupled CCK-B/gastrin receptor is essential for the physiological as well as pathological proliferation of gastric mucosal cells in vivo. ..
- Chung L, Moore S. Cholecystokinin enhances GABAergic inhibitory transmission in basolateral amygdala. Neuropeptides. 2007;41:453-63 pubmed..We hypothesize that these actions may underlie the anxiogenic effects of CCK observed in behavioral studies. ..
- Berna M, Seiz O, Nast J, Benten D, Blaker M, Koch J, et al. CCK1 and CCK2 receptors are expressed on pancreatic stellate cells and induce collagen production. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38905-14 pubmed publisher..Using specific CCK1 and CCK2 receptor (CCK2R) inhibitors, we found that Akt activation is mainly mediated by CCK2R...
- Zhao X, Ling Y, Li Y, Meng A, Xing H. Cholecystokinin octapeptide improves cardiac function by activating cholecystokinin octapeptide receptor in endotoxic shock rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:3405-10 pubmed..The above results indicate that endogenous and exogenous sCCK-8 may significantly improve cardiac function and intractable hypotension of ES rats, which was likely related to high expression of CCK-A/BR in myocardium induced by LPS. ..
- Bragado M, Perez Marquez J, Garcia Marin L. The cholecystokinin system in the rat retina: receptor expression and in vivo activation of tyrosine phosphorylation pathways. Neuropeptides. 2003;37:374-80 pubmed..Our results provide novel biochemical information to further understand the physiological role of CCK A and B receptors in rat retina. ..
- Oz M, Yang K, Shippenberg T, Renaud L, O Donovan M. Cholecystokinin B-type receptors mediate a G-protein-dependent depolarizing action of sulphated cholecystokinin ocatapeptide (CCK-8s) on rodent neonatal spinal ventral horn neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2007;98:1108-14 pubmed..membrane depolarization induced by bath-applied sulfated CCK octapeptide (CCK-8s; 1 microM), blockable by the CCK B receptor antagonist L-365,260 (1 microM). Responses to nonsulfated CCK-8 or CCK-4 were significantly weaker...
- Pisegna J, De Weerth A, Huppi K, Wank S. Molecular cloning of the human brain and gastric cholecystokinin receptor: structure, functional expression and chromosomal localization. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;189:296-303 pubmed..Expression of the receptor cDNA in COS-7 cells was characteristic of a CCKB receptor subtype pharmacology. These data confirm that we have cloned a novel gene for the human brain and stomach CCKB receptor. ..
- Zhou W, Povoski S, Bell R. Overexpression of messenger RNA for cholecystokinin-A receptor and novel expression of messenger RNA for gastrin (cholecystokinin-B) receptor in azaserine-induced rat pancreatic carcinoma. Carcinogenesis. 1993;14:2189-92 pubmed
- Povoski S, Zhou W, Longnecker D, Bell R. Temporal expression of the gastrin (CCK-B) receptor during azaserine-induced pancreatic carcinogenesis. Pancreas. 1993;8:615-21 pubmed
- Cong B, Li S, Ling Y, Yao Y, Gu Z, Wang J, et al. Expression and cell-specific localization of cholecystokinin receptors in rat lung. World J Gastroenterol. 2003;9:1273-7 pubmed
- Slice L, Hodikian R, Zhukova E. Gastrin and EGF synergistically induce cyclooxygenase-2 expression in Swiss 3T3 fibroblasts that express the CCK2 receptor. J Cell Physiol. 2003;196:454-63 pubmed..Here, we report that gastrin increased PGE2 secretion in Swiss 3T3 cells expressing the CCK2 receptor. Gastrin dose dependently induced COX-2 protein levels in a time dependent manner...
- Juárez Rojop I, Granados Soto V, Diaz Zagoya J, Flores Murrieta F, Torres López J. Involvement of cholecystokinin in peripheral nociceptive sensitization during diabetes in rats as revealed by the formalin response. Pain. 2006;122:118-25 pubmed..Results suggest that diabetes-induced peripheral sensitization could be due to a local peripheral release of CCK-8, which in turn would act on CCK(B), mainly but also in CCK(A), receptors located on the primary afferent neurons. ..
- Gülpinar M, Ozbeyli D, Arbak S, Yegen B. Anti-inflammatory effect of acute stress on experimental colitis is mediated by cholecystokinin-B receptors. Life Sci. 2004;75:77-91 pubmed..ES demonstrated an anti-inflammatory effect on colitis, which appears to be mediated by central CRF and CCK receptors with the participation of hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal axis and the sympathetic nervous system. ..
- Hellmich M, Rui X, Hellmich H, Fleming R, Evers B, Townsend C. Human colorectal cancers express a constitutively active cholecystokinin-B/gastrin receptor that stimulates cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:32122-8 pubmed..The selective pattern of expression, constitutive activity, and trophic action associated with CCK-BRi4sv suggest that this variant may regulate colorectal cancer cell proliferation though a gastrin-independent mechanism. ..
- Xie J, Herman D, Stiller C, Gardell L, Ossipov M, Lai J, et al. Cholecystokinin in the rostral ventromedial medulla mediates opioid-induced hyperalgesia and antinociceptive tolerance. J Neurosci. 2005;25:409-16 pubmed..rats, CCK in the RVM produced acute tactile and thermal hypersensitivity that was antagonized by the CCK2 receptor antagonist L365,260 or by DLF lesion...
- Fukushima Y, Matsui T, Saitoh T, Ichinose M, Tateishi K, Shindo T, et al. Unique roles of G protein-coupled histamine H2 and gastrin receptors in growth and differentiation of gastric mucosa. Eur J Pharmacol. 2004;502:243-52 pubmed..These findings provide evidence that different G-protein coupled-receptors affect differentiation into different cell lineages derived from common stem cells in gastric mucosa. ..