Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cblb
Description: Cbl proto-oncogene B
Alias: E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase CBL-B, Cas-Br-M (murine) ecotropic retroviral transforming sequence b, Cas-Br-M (murine) ectropic retroviral transforming sequence b, Casitas B-lineage lymphoma b, Cbl proto-oncogene B, E3 ubiquitin protein ligase, Cbl proto-oncogene, E3 ubiquitin protein ligase B, RING-type E3 ubiquitin transferase CBL-B, SH3-binding protein CBL-B, casitas B-lineage lymphoma proto-oncogene b, signal transduction protein CBL-B
- Payne F, Cooper J, Walker N, Lam A, Smink L, Nutland S, et al. Interaction analysis of the CBLB and CTLA4 genes in type 1 diabetes. J Leukoc Biol. 2007;81:581-3 pubmed..Recently, evidence of a statistical interaction between polymorphisms in two negative immunoregulatory genes, CBLB and CTLA4, has been reported in type 1 diabetes (T1D)...
- Bergholdt R, Taxvig C, Eising S, Nerup J, Pociot F. CBLB variants in type 1 diabetes and their genetic interaction with CTLA4. J Leukoc Biol. 2005;77:579-85 pubmed..of an animal model of T1D, the Komeda diabetes-prone rat, have demonstrated that the Casitas-B-lineage lymphoma b (cblb) gene is a major susceptibility gene in the development of diabetes and other autoimmune features of this rat...
- Kyo S, Sada K, Qu X, Maeno K, Miah S, Kawauchi Kamata K, et al. Negative regulation of Lyn protein-tyrosine kinase by c-Cbl ubiquitin-protein ligase in Fc epsilon RI-mediated mast cell activation. Genes Cells. 2003;8:825-36 pubmed..Targeting of c-Cbl in the lipid raft results in the inhibition of Fc epsilon RI-mediated mast cell activation. ..
- Xu Z, George C, Jolly C. CD28 activation does not down-regulate Cbl-b expression in aged rat T-lymphocytes. Mech Ageing Dev. 2004;125:595-602 pubmed..These data provide evidence for a novel mechanism by which aging reduces T-lymphocyte function. ..
- Qu X, Miah S, Hatani T, Okazaki M, Hori Tamura N, Yamamura H, et al. Selective inhibition of Fcepsilon RI-mediated mast cell activation by a truncated variant of Cbl-b related to the rat model of type 1 diabetes mellitus. J Biochem. 2005;137:711-20 pubmed..These structural and functional analyses reveal the mechanism underlying the selective inhibition of cellular signaling by the truncated variant of Cbl-b related to insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus. ..
- Carpino N, Turner S, Mekala D, Takahashi Y, Zang H, Geiger T, et al. Regulation of ZAP-70 activation and TCR signaling by two related proteins, Sts-1 and Sts-2. Immunity. 2004;20:37-46 pubmed..Therefore, Sts-1 and Sts-2 are critical regulators of the signaling pathways that regulate T cell activation. ..
- Adriaansen J, Kuhlman R, van Holten J, Kaynor C, Vervoordeldonk M, Tak P. Intraarticular interferon-beta gene therapy ameliorates adjuvant arthritis in rats. Hum Gene Ther. 2006;17:985-96 pubmed..Local overexpression of IFN-beta inhibits arthritis progression and protects against bone destruction in rat AA. These findings validate IFN-beta as a therapeutic molecule for intraarticular gene therapy of arthritis. ..
- Nikawa T, Ishidoh K, Hirasaka K, Ishihara I, Ikemoto M, Kano M, et al. Skeletal muscle gene expression in space-flown rats. FASEB J. 2004;18:522-4 pubmed
- Nishio H, Otsuka M, Kinoshita S, Tokuoka T, Nakajima M, Noda Y, et al. Phosphorylation of c-Cbl protooncogene product following ethanol administration in rat cerebellum: possible involvement of Fyn kinase. Brain Res. 2002;950:203-9 pubmed..These findings indicate that Cbl is tyrosine-phosphorylated in rat cerebellum in response to ethanol administration, and also raise the possibility that Fyn kinase may be involved in the process. ..
- Nakao R, Hirasaka K, Goto J, Ishidoh K, Yamada C, Ohno A, et al. Ubiquitin ligase Cbl-b is a negative regulator for insulin-like growth factor 1 signaling during muscle atrophy caused by unloading. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:4798-811 pubmed publisher..The inhibition of Cbl-b-mediated ubiquitination may be a new therapeutic strategy for unloading-mediated muscle atrophy. ..
- Ohrt T, Mancini A, Tamura T, Niedenthal R. c-Cbl binds to tyrosine-phosphorylated neurotrophin receptor p75 and induces its ubiquitination. Cell Signal. 2004;16:1291-8 pubmed..This interaction is a prerequisite for ubiquitination of p75NTR. Our data suggest a c-Cbl-dependent ubiquitination of p75NTR involved in the regulation of p75NTR signalling. ..
- Qu X, Li Y, Liu J, Xu L, Zhang Y, Hu X, et al. Cbl-b promotes chemotherapy-induced apoptosis in rat basophilic leukemia cells by suppressing PI3K/Akt activation and enhancing MEK/ERK activation. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:107-14 pubmed publisher..The consistent results were also showed in the process of Ara-c treatment. These observations indicate that Cbl-b promotes RBL-2H3 apoptosis induced by VP-16 or Ara-c, probably through inhibition of Akt and activation of ERK. ..