Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: caspase 8
Description: caspase 8
Alias: CASP-8, caspase-8
Products: caspase 8
- Rébé C, Cathelin S, Launay S, Filomenko R, Prevotat L, L Ollivier C, et al. Caspase-8 prevents sustained activation of NF-kappaB in monocytes undergoing macrophagic differentiation. Blood. 2007;109:1442-50 pubmed..Together these data identify a role for caspase-8 in monocytes undergoing macrophagic differentiation, that is, the enzyme activated in an atypical complex down-regulates NF-kappaB activity through RIP1 cleavage. ..
- Feoktistova M, Geserick P, Kellert B, Dimitrova D, Langlais C, Hupe M, et al. cIAPs block Ripoptosome formation, a RIP1/caspase-8 containing intracellular cell death complex differentially regulated by cFLIP isoforms. Mol Cell. 2011;43:449-63 pubmed publisher..The differential quality of cell death mediated by the Ripoptosome may cause important pathophysiological consequences during inflammatory responses. ..
- Tao R, Berkova Z, Wise J, Rezaeian A, Daniluk U, Ao X, et al. PMLRAR? binds to Fas and suppresses Fas-mediated apoptosis through recruiting c-FLIP in vivo. Blood. 2011;118:3107-18 pubmed publisher..The presence of PML-Fas complexes across different tissues implicates that PML functions in apoptosis regulation and tumor suppression are mediated by direct interaction with Fas. ..
- Carlson D, Maass D, White J, Sikes P, Horton J. Caspase inhibition reduces cardiac myocyte dyshomeostasis and improves cardiac contractile function after major burn injury. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:323-30 pubmed..The present data suggest that signaling through myocardial caspases plays a pivotal role in burn-related myocyte sodium dyshomeostasis and myocyte inflammation, perhaps contributing to burn-related contractile dysfunction. ..
- Al Mashat H, Kandru S, Liu R, Behl Y, Desta T, Graves D. Diabetes enhances mRNA levels of proapoptotic genes and caspase activity, which contribute to impaired healing. Diabetes. 2006;55:487-95 pubmed..Thus, diabetes-enhanced apoptosis represents an important mechanism through which healing is impaired, and this can be explained, in part, by diabetes-increased expression of proapoptotic genes and caspase activity. ..
- Das A, Guyton M, Matzelle D, Ray S, Banik N. Time-dependent increases in protease activities for neuronal apoptosis in spinal cords of Lewis rats during development of acute experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis. J Neurosci Res. 2008;86:2992-3001 pubmed publisher..From these findings, we conclude that increases in calpain and caspase activities play crucial roles in neuronal apoptosis during the development of acute EAE. ..
- Luo S, Rubinsztein D. Huntingtin promotes cell survival by preventing Pak2 cleavage. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:875-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, huntingtin exerts anti-apoptotic effects by binding to Pak2, which reduces the abilities of caspase-3 and caspase-8 to cleave Pak2 and convert it into a mediator of cell death. ..
- Liu L, Qiu W, Wang H, Li Y, Zhou J, Xia M, et al. Sublytic C5b-9 complexes induce apoptosis of glomerular mesangial cells in rats with Thy-1 nephritis through role of interferon regulatory factor-1-dependent caspase 8 activation. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:16410-23 pubmed publisher..Increased caspase 8 and caspase 3 expression and caspase 8 promoter activity in the GMC were also identified...
- Gukovskaya A, Gukovsky I, Jung Y, Mouria M, Pandol S. Cholecystokinin induces caspase activation and mitochondrial dysfunction in pancreatic acinar cells. Roles in cell injury processes of pancreatitis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:22595-604 pubmed..Protection against necrosis and trypsin activation by caspases can explain why the severity of pancreatitis in experimental models correlates inversely with the extent of apoptosis. ..
- Li C, Li J, He S, Li P, Zhong X. Roles of Fas/Fasl, Bcl-2/Bax, and Caspase-8 in rat nonalcoholic fatty liver disease pathogenesis. Genet Mol Res. 2014;13:3991-9 pubmed publisher..The upregulation of Bax and Bcl-2 expression might be one important mechanism of the apoptosis in NAFLD. ..
- Kim K, Ha K, Lee J, Rhyu K, An H, Woo Y. The apoptotic effects of oxidative stress and antiapoptotic effects of caspase inhibitors on rat notochordal cells. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007;32:2443-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that inhibition of inappropriate or premature oxidative stress-induced apoptosis of notochordal cells may delay the starting point of disc degeneration. ..
- Granado M, Chowen J, García Cáceres C, Delgado Rubín A, Barrios V, Castillero E, et al. Ghrelin treatment protects lactotrophs from apoptosis in the pituitary of diabetic rats. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2009;309:67-75 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ghrelin prevents diabetes-induced death of lactotrophs, decreasing caspase-8 activation and iNOS content and increasing anti-apoptotic pathways such as pituitary Bcl-2 and Hsp70 and serum IGF-I concentrations. ..
- Mogi M, Kondo A. Activation of caspase-8 and caspase-9 are required for PC12 cells differentiation. J Immunoassay Immunochem. 2015;36:547-58 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, present results confirm a unique role for the caspase-8 and caspase-9 mediated signal cascade in the differentiation of PC12 cells. ..
- Na H, Hwang J, Lee K, Choi Y, Choe J, Kim J, et al. TRAIL negatively regulates VEGF-induced angiogenesis via caspase-8-mediated enzymatic and non-enzymatic functions. Angiogenesis. 2014;17:179-94 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that caspase-8 may be used as an anti-angiogenic drug for solid tumors resistant to TRAIL and anti-tumor drugs. ..
- Huang W, Dobberfuhl A, Filippopoulos T, Ingelsson M, Fileta J, Poulin N, et al. Transcriptional up-regulation and activation of initiating caspases in experimental glaucoma. Am J Pathol. 2005;167:673-81 pubmed..We now describe the impact of elevated IOP in the rat on expression of caspase 8 and caspase 9, initiators of the extrinsic and intrinsic caspase cascades, respectively...
- Messaris E, Memos N, Chatzigianni E, Kataki A, Nikolopoulou M, Manouras A, et al. Apoptotic death of renal tubular cells in experimental sepsis. Surg Infect (Larchmt). 2008;9:377-88 pubmed publisher..Apoptosis in renal tissue was significantly more common in animals with sepsis than in controls. The time distribution of cell death markers showed a consistent pattern, making early sepsis the likely initiator of the apoptotic events. ..
- McDonald E, El Deiry W. Suppression of caspase-8- and -10-associated RING proteins results in sensitization to death ligands and inhibition of tumor cell growth. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:6170-5 pubmed..Long-term inhibition of CARP expression results in suppression of cancer cell growth, highlighting their importance in tumor cell survival. ..
- Lieman J, Worley L, Harbour J. Loss of Rb-E2F repression results in caspase-8-mediated apoptosis through inactivation of focal adhesion kinase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:10484-90 pubmed..These findings reveal a new mechanistic link between Rb-E2F and the extrinsic (caspase 8-mediated) apoptotic pathway.
- Vanlangenakker N, Bertrand M, Bogaert P, Vandenabeele P, Vanden Berghe T. TNF-induced necroptosis in L929 cells is tightly regulated by multiple TNFR1 complex I and II members. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e230 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also report RIP1-independent but RIP3-mediated necroptosis in the context of TNF signaling in particular conditions. ..
- Koncz G, Hancz A, Chakrabandhu K, Gogolak P, Kerekes K, Rajnavolgyi E, et al. Vesicles released by activated T cells induce both Fas-mediated RIP-dependent apoptotic and Fas-independent nonapoptotic cell deaths. J Immunol. 2012;189:2815-23 pubmed publisher..We propose that besides cell-to-cell interaction-mediated Fas triggering, stimuli induced by secreted vesicles can mediate important additional cell death signals regulating activation-induced cell death under physiological conditions. ..
- Howard P, Chia M, Del Rizzo S, Liu F, Pawson T. Redirecting tyrosine kinase signaling to an apoptotic caspase pathway through chimeric adaptor proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11267-72 pubmed..These hybrid adaptors can be used to selectively kill oncogenic cells in which RTK activity is deregulated. ..
- Liu L, Kim J, Koike M, Yoon Y, Tang X, Ma H, et al. FasL shedding is reduced by hypothermia in experimental stroke. J Neurochem. 2008;106:541-50 pubmed publisher..Hypothermia prevented total FasL decreases, and most of it remained membrane-bound. These findings reveal new observations regarding the effect of mild hypothermia on the Fas/FasL and MMP systems. ..
- Brown L, Ongusaha P, Kim H, Nuti S, Mandinova A, Lee J, et al. CDIP, a novel pro-apoptotic gene, regulates TNFalpha-mediated apoptosis in a p53-dependent manner. EMBO J. 2007;26:3410-22 pubmed
- Zhu J, Liu M, Kennedy R, Liu S. TNF-alpha-induced impairment of mitochondrial integrity and apoptosis mediated by caspase-8 in adult ventricular myocytes. Cytokine. 2006;34:96-105 pubmed..Therefore, these results suggest that TNF-alpha-induced increase in apoptosis in ARVM results from caspase-8-dependent impairment of mitochondrial integrity. ..
- Chun H, Zheng L, Ahmad M, Wang J, Speirs C, Siegel R, et al. Pleiotropic defects in lymphocyte activation caused by caspase-8 mutations lead to human immunodeficiency. Nature. 2002;419:395-9 pubmed..Thus, caspase-8 deficiency in humans is compatible with normal development and shows that caspase-8 has a postnatal role in immune activation of naive lymphocytes. ..
- Sharifi A, Eslami H, Larijani B, Davoodi J. Involvement of caspase-8, -9, and -3 in high glucose-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells. Neurosci Lett. 2009;459:47-51 pubmed publisher..Based on the current data, it could be concluded that high glucose-induced apoptosis in PC12 cells is mediated, in part, by activation of caspase-8, -9, and -3 dependent pathways. ..
- Biju M, Neumann A, Bensinger S, Johnson R, Turka L, Haase V. Vhlh gene deletion induces Hif-1-mediated cell death in thymocytes. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9038-47 pubmed..Increased apoptosis was a result of enhanced caspase 8 activity, while Bcl-2 and Bcl-XL transgene expression had little effect on this phenotype...
- Sharangpani A, Takanohashi A, Bell M. Caspase activation in fetal rat brain following experimental intrauterine inflammation. Brain Res. 2008;1200:138-45 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms of cell death in models of intrauterine inflammation may affect development of future strategies to mitigate these injuries in children. ..
- Cudrici C, Niculescu F, Jensen T, Zafranskaia E, Fosbrink M, Rus V, et al. C5b-9 terminal complex protects oligodendrocytes from apoptotic cell death by inhibiting caspase-8 processing and up-regulating FLIP. J Immunol. 2006;176:3173-80 pubmed..C5b-9 also down-regulated the expression of FasL and the Fas-induced apoptosis. These data suggest that C5b-9 through PI3K signaling can rescue OLG from Fas-mediated apoptosis by regulating caspase-8 processing. ..
- Tan W, Wang J, Lin Z, Li Y, Lin Y, Li P. Novel cardiac apoptotic pathway: the dephosphorylation of apoptosis repressor with caspase recruitment domain by calcineurin. Circulation. 2008;118:2268-76 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies a novel cardiac apoptotic pathway in which ARC is dephosphorylated by calcineurin. This pathway could be a component in the cardiac apoptotic machinery. ..
- Schindler C, Shinoda S, Simon R, Henshall D. Subcellular distribution of Bcl-2 family proteins and 14-3-3 within the hippocampus during seizure-induced neuronal death in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 2004;356:163-6 pubmed..These data establish the expression and distribution profile of key Bcl-2 family proteins and the signaling chaperone 14-3-3 in the rat and provide additional evidence for the activation of programmed cell death pathways by seizures. ..
- Kumar S. Caspase function in programmed cell death. Cell Death Differ. 2007;14:32-43 pubmed..In this article, I will specifically focus on caspases that function primarily in cell death execution. In particular, the physiological function of caspases in apoptosis is discussed using examples from the worm, fly and mammals. ..
- Tsai N, Chen Y, Lee C, Lin P, Cheng Y, Chang W, et al. The natural compound n-butylidenephthalide derived from Angelica sinensis inhibits malignant brain tumor growth in vitro and in vivo. J Neurochem. 2006;99:1251-62 pubmed..These in vitro and in vivo anti-cancer effects indicate that BP could serve as a new anti-brain tumor drug...
- Ribeil J, Zermati Y, Vandekerckhove J, Cathelin S, Kersual J, Dussiot M, et al. Hsp70 regulates erythropoiesis by preventing caspase-3-mediated cleavage of GATA-1. Nature. 2007;445:102-5 pubmed..These effects are abrogated by the transduction of a caspase-resistant GATA-1 mutant. Thus, in erythroid precursors undergoing terminal differentiation, Hsp70 prevents active caspase-3 from cleaving GATA-1 and inducing apoptosis. ..
- Chi W, Li F, Chen H, Wang Y, Zhu Y, Yang X, et al. Caspase-8 promotes NLRP1/NLRP3 inflammasome activation and IL-1? production in acute glaucoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:11181-6 pubmed publisher..These results provide new insight into the pathogenesis of glaucoma and point to a treatment strategy. ..
- Woo S, An S, Lee H, Jin H, Seo S, Yoo D, et al. A truncated form of p23 down-regulates telomerase activity via disruption of Hsp90 function. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:30871-80 pubmed publisher..Our data aid in determining the mechanism underlying the regulation of telomerase activity by the chaperone complex during caspase-dependent cell death. ..
- Wang J, Chun H, Wong W, Spencer D, Lenardo M. Caspase-10 is an initiator caspase in death receptor signaling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:13884-8 pubmed..Nonetheless, we find that caspase-8 and -10 may have different apoptosis substrates and therefore potentially distinct roles in death receptor signaling or other cellular processes. ..
- Beil M, Leser J, Lutz M, Gukovskaya A, Seufferlein T, Lynch G, et al. Caspase 8-mediated cleavage of plectin precedes F-actin breakdown in acinar cells during pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2002;282:G450-60 pubmed..It was recently demonstrated that plectin is a substrate of caspase 8. In pancreatic acinar cells, plectin strongly colocalizes with apical and basolateral F-actin...
- Kong L, Gao Y, Wang J, Niu J, Zhang X. [Apoptosis of type II alveolar epithelial cell induced by bleomycin in lung fibrotic rat]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2007;29:782-6 pubmed
- Sakamaki K, Inoue T, Asano M, Sudo K, Kazama H, Sakagami J, et al. Ex vivo whole-embryo culture of caspase-8-deficient embryos normalize their aberrant phenotypes in the developing neural tube and heart. Cell Death Differ. 2002;9:1196-206 pubmed..5-E11.5, suggesting that these defects are most likely secondary to a lack of physiological caspase-8 activity. Taken together, these results suggest that caspase-8 is indispensable for embryonic development. ..
- Lotocki G, Alonso O, Dietrich W, Keane R. Tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 and its signaling intermediates are recruited to lipid rafts in the traumatized brain. J Neurosci. 2004;24:11010-6 pubmed..Thus, redistribution of TNFR1 in lipid rafts and nonraft regions of the plasma membrane may regulate the diversity of signaling responses initiated by these receptors in the normal brain and after TBI. ..
- Sakamaki K, Tsukumo S, Yonehara S. Molecular cloning and characterization of mouse caspase-8. Eur J Biochem. 1998;253:399-405 pubmed..Further, we isolated a chromosomal gene for caspase-8 from a mouse genomic library and analyzed the genomic structure of the isolated gene. This gene consisted of eight exons and seven introns spanning about 26 kb in the coding region. ..
- Fauconnier J, Meli A, Thireau J, Roberge S, Shan J, Sassi Y, et al. Ryanodine receptor leak mediated by caspase-8 activation leads to left ventricular injury after myocardial ischemia-reperfusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:13258-63 pubmed publisher..TNF-?-induced caspase-8 activation leads to leaky RyR2 channels that contribute to myocardial remodeling after I/R. Thus, early prevention of SR Ca(2+) leak trough normalization of RyR2 function is cardioprotective. ..
- Li P, Li J, Müller E, Otto A, Dietz R, von Harsdorf R. Phosphorylation by protein kinase CK2: a signaling switch for the caspase-inhibiting protein ARC. Mol Cell. 2002;10:247-58 pubmed..ARC is able to bind to caspase-8 only when it is localized to mitochondria but not to the cytoplasm. Our results reveal a molecular mechanism by which a caspase-inhibiting protein requires phosphorylation in order to prevent apoptosis. ..
- Decallonne B, van Etten E, Giulietti A, Casteels K, Overbergh L, Bouillon R, et al. Defect in activation-induced cell death in non-obese diabetic (NOD) T lymphocytes. J Autoimmun. 2003;20:219-26 pubmed..Analysis of the cellular and molecular pathways revealed lower caspase 8 levels, a central caspase proximally involved in the AICD-pathway (fluorescence of 258+/-47 in NOD vs...
- Fricker M, Vilalta A, Tolkovsky A, Brown G. Caspase inhibitors protect neurons by enabling selective necroptosis of inflamed microglia. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:9145-52 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the activation of caspase-8 in inflamed microglia prevents their death by necroptosis, and thus, caspase-8 inhibitors may protect neurons in the inflamed brain by selectively killing activated microglia. ..
- Lin Y, Devin A, Rodriguez Y, Liu Z. Cleavage of the death domain kinase RIP by caspase-8 prompts TNF-induced apoptosis. Genes Dev. 1999;13:2514-26 pubmed..Further more, RIP cleavage was also detected in other death receptor-mediated apoptosis. Therefore, our study provides a potential mechanism to convert cells from life to death in death receptor-mediated apoptosis. ..
- Buck M, Poli V, Hunter T, Chojkier M. C/EBPbeta phosphorylation by RSK creates a functional XEXD caspase inhibitory box critical for cell survival. Mol Cell. 2001;8:807-16 pubmed..C/EBPbeta-/- and C/EBPbeta-Ala(217) stellate cells were rescued from apoptosis by the cell permeant KE(217)VD tetrapeptide or C/EBPbeta-Glu(217). ..
- Reinehr R, Sommerfeld A, Keitel V, Grether Beck S, Haussinger D. Amplification of CD95 activation by caspase 8-induced endosomal acidification in rat hepatocytes. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:2211-22 pubmed..Interestingly, caspase 8 inhibitors abolished these CD95L-induced signaling events, including the increase in cytosolic [Cl(-)], ..
- Shikama Y, Yamada M, Miyashita T. Caspase-8 and caspase-10 activate NF-kappaB through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha kinases. Eur J Immunol. 2003;33:1998-2006 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that caspase-8 and -10 have roles in a non- or anti-apoptotic signaling pathway leading to NF-kappaB activation through RIP, NIK and IKKalpha. ..
- Yoo K, Yoon C, Kwon D, Hyun K, Woo S, Kim R, et al. Titanium dioxide induces apoptotic cell death through reactive oxygen species-mediated Fas upregulation and Bax activation. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:1203-14 pubmed publisher..Elucidating the molecular mechanisms by which nanosized particles induce activation of cell death signaling pathways would be critical for the development of prevention strategies to minimize the cytotoxicity of nanomaterials. ..
- Davis A, Lotocki G, Marcillo A, Dietrich W, Keane R. FasL, Fas, and death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) proteins are recruited to membrane rafts after spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma. 2007;24:823-34 pubmed..Thus, FasL/Fas-mediated signaling after SCI is similar to Fas expressing Type I cell apoptosis. ..
- Ketteler R, Sun Z, Kovacs K, He W, Seed B. A pathway sensor for genome-wide screens of intracellular proteolytic cleavage. Genome Biol. 2008;9:R64 pubmed publisher..By including protease cleavage sites between GLUC and beta-actin, proteolytic cleavage can be detected. Using this assay, we have identified regulators of autophagy, apoptosis and beta-actin cleavage. ..
- Nakagawa T, Zhu H, Morishima N, Li E, Xu J, Yankner B, et al. Caspase-12 mediates endoplasmic-reticulum-specific apoptosis and cytotoxicity by amyloid-beta. Nature. 2000;403:98-103 pubmed..Thus, caspase-12 mediates an ER-specific apoptosis pathway and may contribute to amyloid-beta neurotoxicity. ..
- Yang J, Wang Y, Chen X, Peng Q, Li L, Liu M. [Expression of caspase-8 after brain injury from fluid percussion in rats]. Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2006;22:1-3 pubmed..It seems that the expression of caspase-8 should be a useful target for diagnosis of early brain injury. ..
- De Franco S, Chiocchetti A, Ferretti M, Castelli L, Cadario F, Cerutti F, et al. Defective function of the Fas apoptotic pathway in type 1 diabetes mellitus correlates with age at onset. Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol. 2007;20:567-76 pubmed..These data show that defective Fas function may involve both the extrinsic and intrinsic pathway in T1DM and severity correlates with the precocity of the autoimmune attack and its tissue polyreactivity. ..
- Falschlehner C, Emmerich C, Gerlach B, Walczak H. TRAIL signalling: decisions between life and death. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2007;39:1462-75 pubmed..In this review we intend to summarise the most important findings on the TRAIL signalling network and the interplay in the decisions between life and death of a tumor cell. ..
- Zhang Y, Xu L, Wang X, Shi L, Wang Z. [Effects of vascular endothelial growth factor on apoptosis of sinusoidal endothelial cells caused by ethanol: experiment with rats]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2007;87:3138-42 pubmed
- Zhao Z, Yang P, Eckert R, Reece E. Caspase-8: a key role in the pathogenesis of diabetic embryopathy. Birth Defects Res B Dev Reprod Toxicol. 2009;86:72-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that caspase-8 may control diabetic embryopathy-associated apoptosis via regulation of the Bid-stimulated mitochondrion/caspase-9 pathway. ..
- Choi W, Eom D, Han B, Kim W, Han B, Choi E, et al. Phosphorylation of p38 MAPK induced by oxidative stress is linked to activation of both caspase-8- and -9-mediated apoptotic pathways in dopaminergic neurons. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20451-60 pubmed
- Estelles A, Charlton C, Blau H. The phosphoprotein protein PEA-15 inhibits Fas- but increases TNF-R1-mediated caspase-8 activity and apoptosis. Dev Biol. 1999;216:16-28 pubmed..These results show that PEA-15 provides a potential mechanism during development for distinguishing between diverse extracellular death-inducing signals that culminate either in apoptosis or in survival. ..
- Kang T, Ben Moshe T, Varfolomeev E, Pewzner Jung Y, Yogev N, Jurewicz A, et al. Caspase-8 serves both apoptotic and nonapoptotic roles. J Immunol. 2004;173:2976-84 pubmed..Thus, besides participating in cell death induction by receptors of the TNF/nerve growth factor family, caspase-8, apparently independently of these receptors, also mediates nonapoptotic and perhaps even antiapoptotic activities. ..
- Arroba A, Frago L, Argente J, Chowen J. Activation of caspase 8 in the pituitaries of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats: implication in increased apoptosis of lactotrophs. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4417-24 pubmed..b>Caspase 8, p53, and nuclear factor kappaB were more highly activated in diabetic rat pituitaries, with caspase 8 ..
- Jarvinen K, Hotti A, Santos L, Nummela P, Hölttä E. Caspase-8, c-FLIP, and caspase-9 in c-Myc-induced apoptosis of fibroblasts. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:2602-15 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ectopic expression of c-FLIP(L) inhibited the c-Myc-induced apoptosis. ..
- Rajpal A, Cho Y, Yelent B, Koza Taylor P, Li D, Chen E, et al. Transcriptional activation of known and novel apoptotic pathways by Nur77 orphan steroid receptor. EMBO J. 2003;22:6526-36 pubmed..Thus Nur77-mediated apoptosis in T cells involves Bcl-2 independent transcriptional activation of several known and novel apoptotic pathways. ..
- Dillon C, Oberst A, Weinlich R, Janke L, Kang T, Ben Moshe T, et al. Survival function of the FADD-CASPASE-8-cFLIP(L) complex. Cell Rep. 2012;1:401-7 pubmed
- Gamblin T, Chen F, Zambrano A, Abraha A, Lagalwar S, Guillozet A, et al. Caspase cleavage of tau: linking amyloid and neurofibrillary tangles in Alzheimer's disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:10032-7 pubmed
- Weishaupt J, Diem R, Kermer P, Krajewski S, Reed J, Bahr M. Contribution of caspase-8 to apoptosis of axotomized rat retinal ganglion cells in vivo. Neurobiol Dis. 2003;13:124-35 pubmed
- Pennarun B, Meijer A, de Vries E, Kleibeuker J, Kruyt F, de Jong S. Playing the DISC: turning on TRAIL death receptor-mediated apoptosis in cancer. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1805:123-40 pubmed publisher..Primary components of the DISC are trimerized TRAIL-R1/-R2, FADD, caspase 8 and caspase 10...
- Couch F, Wang X, McWilliams R, Bamlet W, de Andrade M, Petersen G. Association of breast cancer susceptibility variants with risk of pancreatic cancer. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2009;18:3044-8 pubmed publisher..045) and LUM rs2268578 (P = 0.02). Association studies in a large pancreatic case-control study indicate that SNPs associated with breast cancer may also be associated with pancreatic cancer susceptibility and survival. ..
- Wang X, Narayanan M, Bruey J, Rigamonti D, Cattaneo E, Reed J, et al. Protective role of Cop in Rip2/caspase-1/caspase-4-mediated HeLa cell death. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:742-54 pubmed..Cop, as an inhibitor of an important apical caspase cell death axis, may provide a tool for modulating pathological cell death. ..
- Strasser A, Jost P, Nagata S. The many roles of FAS receptor signaling in the immune system. Immunity. 2009;30:180-92 pubmed publisher..This review describes current understanding of Fas-induced apoptosis signaling and proposes experimental strategies for future advances. ..
- Qi W, Wu H, Yang L, Boyd D, Wang Z. A novel function of caspase-8 in the regulation of androgen-receptor-driven gene expression. EMBO J. 2007;26:65-75 pubmed..These results indicate that Casp8 has a novel function beyond its known role in the mediation of apoptosis. ..
- Lee Y, Hong Y, Kim J, Lee K, Kwon O. Dietary Chlorella protects against heterocyclic amine-induced aberrant gene expression in the rat colon by increasing fecal excretion of unmetabolized PhIP. Food Chem Toxicol. 2013;56:272-7 pubmed publisher..012). These results suggested that administering dietary Chlorella with a Western-style diet concomitantly or immediately before mutagen exposure might be beneficial in blocking the absorption of food mutagens such as PhIP. ..
- Rajkumar L, Arumugam A, Elsayed A, Schecter S, Kotkowski E, Castillo R, et al. Long-term hormonal promotion overcomes genetic resistance to mammary cancer. Steroids. 2011;76:31-7 pubmed publisher..The data clearly demonstrates that hormonal environment supports mammary cancer progression by increasing cell proliferation, and angiogenesis while inhibiting apoptosis. ..