Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: caspase 12
Description: caspase 12
Alias: caspase-12, CASP-12
Products: caspase 12
- Larner S, Hayes R, McKinsey D, Pike B, Wang K. Increased expression and processing of caspase-12 after traumatic brain injury in rats. J Neurochem. 2004;88:78-90 pubmed..Our results suggest that the caspase-12-mediated ER apoptotic pathway may play a role in rat TBI pathology independent of the receptor- or mitochondria-mediated apoptotic pathways. ..
- Dirks A, Leeuwenburgh C. Aging and lifelong calorie restriction result in adaptations of skeletal muscle apoptosis repressor, apoptosis-inducing factor, X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis, caspase-3, and caspase-12. Free Radic Biol Med. 2004;36:27-39 pubmed..Calorie restriction is able to lower the apoptotic potential in aged skeletal muscle by altering several key apoptotic proteins toward cellular survival, thereby reducing the potential for sarcopenia. ..
- Shimoke K, Amano H, Kishi S, Uchida H, Kudo M, Ikeuchi T. Nerve growth factor attenuates endoplasmic reticulum stress-mediated apoptosis via suppression of caspase-12 activity. J Biochem. 2004;135:439-46 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the inactivation of caspase-12 via the NGF-mediated PI3-K signaling pathway leads to inactivation of the caspase cascade including caspase-3 and -9. ..
- Zong W, Li C, Hatzivassiliou G, Lindsten T, Yu Q, Yuan J, et al. Bax and Bak can localize to the endoplasmic reticulum to initiate apoptosis. J Cell Biol. 2003;162:59-69 pubmed..In wild-type cells, this is associated with caspase 12 cleavage that is abolished in bax-/-bak-/- cells...
- Haidara K, Marion M, Gascon Barre M, Denizeau F, Averill Bates D. Implication of caspases and subcellular compartments in tert-butylhydroperoxide induced apoptosis. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2008;229:65-76 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that caspase-9 and caspase-12 are activated in t-BHP-induced apoptosis in hepatocytes. We highlight the importance of subcellular compartments such as mitochondria, ER and nuclei in the apoptotic process. ..
- Sun Y, Liu G, Song T, Liu F, Kang W, Zhang Y, et al. Upregulation of GRP78 and caspase-12 in diastolic failing heart. Acta Biochim Pol. 2008;55:511-6 pubmed..These results suggest that GRP78 and caspase-12 were upregulated in cardiomyocytes and ERS can contribute to cardiac myocyte apoptosis in the diastolic heart failure resulting from hypertension. ..
- Zhang G, Teng X, Liu Y, Cai Y, Zhou Y, Duan X, et al. Inhibition of endoplasm reticulum stress by ghrelin protects against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat heart. Peptides. 2009;30:1109-16 pubmed publisher..Ghrelin could protect the heart against I/R injury, at least in part, through inhibiting myocardial ERS. ..
- Sun H, Sun L, Li Y, Shao M, Cheng X, Ge N, et al. ACE-inhibitor suppresses the apoptosis induced by endoplasmic reticulum stress in renal tubular in experimental diabetic rats. Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2009;117:336-44 pubmed publisher..Increased tubular apoptosis in experimental diabetic rats is attenuated by blockade of the renin-angiotensin system with an ACE inhibitor, which might be in an association with reduced endoplasmic reticulum stress. ..
- Li G, Wang H, Jiang C. [Effects of edaravone on the expression of GRP78, Caspase-12, and neuron apoptosis in juvenile rat hippocampus after status convulsive]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2011;49:53-9 pubmed..These results suggest that edaravone may have protective effect against the hippocampal damage caused by status convulsive. ..
- Dlugos C. ATF6 and caspase 12 expression in Purkinje neurons in acute slices from adult, ethanol-fed rats. Brain Res. 2014;1577:11-20 pubmed publisher..floating sections were stained with antibodies against activating transcription factor 6 (ATF6) or activated caspase 12 and calbindin...
- Kubisch C, Sans M, Arumugam T, Ernst S, Williams J, Logsdon C. Early activation of endoplasmic reticulum stress is associated with arginine-induced acute pancreatitis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2006;291:G238-45 pubmed..These results indicate that ER stress is an important early acinar cell event that likely contributes to the development of acute pancreatitis in the arginine model. ..
- Jang Y, Kendaiah S, Drew B, Phillips T, Selman C, Julian D, et al. Doxorubicin treatment in vivo activates caspase-12 mediated cardiac apoptosis in both male and female rats. FEBS Lett. 2004;577:483-90 pubmed..Moreover, no major sex differences exist in apoptosis signaling transduction cascade due to doxorubicin treatment. ..
- Chung L, Ng Y. Age-related alterations in expression of apoptosis regulatory proteins and heat shock proteins in rat skeletal muscle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2006;1762:103-9 pubmed..The increased expression of the HSPs suggests a relationship between HSPs and the aging-related apoptotic process. ..
- Wang G, Wang Y, Teng Y, Sun F, Xiang H, Liu J, et al. Protective Effects of Emodin-Induced Neutrophil Apoptosis via the Ca2+-Caspase 12 Pathway against SIRS in Rats with Severe Acute Pancreatitis. Biomed Res Int. 2016;2016:1736024 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that emodin inhibits SIRS in rats with SAP by inducing circulating neutrophil apoptosis via the Ca2+-calpain 1-caspase 12-caspase 3 signaling pathway.
- Diaz Horta O, Kamagate A, Herchuelz A, Van Eylen F. Na/Ca exchanger overexpression induces endoplasmic reticulum-related apoptosis and caspase-12 activation in insulin-releasing BRIN-BD11 cells. Diabetes. 2002;51:1815-24 pubmed
- Wan S, Shi P, Zhang X, Gu C, Fan S. Stronger expression of CHOP and caspase 12 in diabetic spinal cord injury rats. Neurol Res. 2009;31:1049-55 pubmed publisher..and 7 days, and the level of C/EBP homologous transcription factor protein (CHOP), a proapoptotic protein, and caspase 12 were determined by immunohistochemistry staining and real-time reverse transcription quantitative polymerase ..
- Lee W, Kim D, Boo J, Kim Y, Park I, Mook Jung I. ER stress-induced caspase-12 activation is inhibited by PKC in neuronal cells. Apoptosis. 2005;10:407-15 pubmed..These results suggest that an ER stress induces the activation of caspase-12 via caspase-3, and that PKC regulates both caspase-12 and caspase-3 activations in Cas-12 cells. ..
- Arakawa T, Katada A, Shigyo H, Kishibe K, Adachi M, Nonaka S, et al. Electrical stimulation prevents apoptosis in denervated skeletal muscle. NeuroRehabilitation. 2010;27:147-54 pubmed publisher..We proposed that electrical stimulation would be a potential treatment for preventing atrophy of denervated skeletal muscles. ..
- Chen Y, Tang Y, Xiang Y, Xie Y, Huang X, ZHANG Y. Shengmai injection improved doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy by alleviating myocardial endoplasmic reticulum stress and caspase-12 dependent apoptosis. Biomed Res Int. 2015;2015:952671 pubmed publisher..05), accompanied with improved heart function. SMI could alleviate myocardial ER stress and caspase-12 dependent apoptosis, which subsequently helped to improve the heart function of rats with DOX-CM. ..
- Xu B, Wang F, Wu S, Deng Y, Liu W, Feng S, et al. ?-Synuclein is involved in manganese-induced ER stress via PERK signal pathway in organotypic brain slice cultures. Mol Neurobiol. 2014;49:399-412 pubmed publisher..Moreover, alpha-synuclein protein was associated with Mn-induced activation of PERK signaling pathway. ..
- Cao Y, Hao Y, Liu Q, Wang J, Li H, Duan H. [The relationship between endoplasmic reticulum stress and its particular apoptosis way caspase-12 and apoptosis in renal cortex of diabetic rats]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2011;27:236-40 pubmed..There was no significant difference between group A and group B. Activation of endoplasmic reticulum stress may play an important role in the development of diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Badiola N, Penas C, Miñano Molina A, Barneda Zahonero B, Fadó R, Sánchez Opazo G, et al. Induction of ER stress in response to oxygen-glucose deprivation of cortical cultures involves the activation of the PERK and IRE-1 pathways and of caspase-12. Cell Death Dis. 2011;2:e149 pubmed publisher..Processing of procaspase-12 was mediated by NMDA receptor and calpain activation. Moreover, our data suggest that caspase-12 activation is independent of the unfolded protein response activated by ER stress. ..
- Matzno S, Yasuda S, Kitada Y, Akiyoshi T, Tanaka N, Juman S, et al. Clofibrate-induced apoptosis is mediated by Ca2+-dependent caspase-12 activation. Life Sci. 2006;78:1892-9 pubmed..Taken together, our findings indicate that the clofibrate-induced myopathy is triggered by Ca2+ influx, then activated cytosolic caspase-12 through calpain-independent cascade, and consequently caused apoptotic DNA fragmentation. ..
- Zhang H, Song L, Jia C, Lu Y. Effects of ATP sensitive potassium channel opener on the mRNA and protein expressions of caspase-12 after cerebral ischemia-reperfusion in rats. Neurosci Bull. 2008;24:7-12 pubmed publisher..05). K(ATP) opener may protect neurons from apoptosis following the cerebral ischemia-reperfusion by inhibiting ER stress pathway. ..
- Zhao Q, Hu X, Shao L, Wu G, Du J, Xia J. LipoxinA4 attenuates myocardial ischemia reperfusion injury via a mechanism related to downregulation of GRP-78 and caspase-12 in rats. Heart Vessels. 2014;29:667-78 pubmed publisher..LXA4 downregulates the mRNA and protein expression of GRP-78 and caspase-12. LXA4 could play a role in myocardial protection via a mechanism related to downregulation of GRP-78 and caspase-12, and inhibition of apoptosis. ..
- Zhao D, Liu Q, Ji Y, Wang G, He X, Tian W, et al. Correlation between nitric oxide and early brain injury after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Int J Neurosci. 2015;125:531-9 pubmed publisher..NO was also correlated with caspase-12. Our results suggest that NO is involved in the pathophysiological events of EBI after SAH by increasing caspase-12, which results in neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Lakshmanan A, Harima M, Suzuki K, Soetikno V, Nagata M, Nakamura T, et al. The hyperglycemia stimulated myocardial endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress contributes to diabetic cardiomyopathy in the transgenic non-obese type 2 diabetic rats: a differential role of unfolded protein response (UPR) signaling proteins. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2013;45:438-47 pubmed publisher
- Zhang A, Zhang J, Sun P, Yao C, Su C, Sui T, et al. EIF2alpha and caspase-12 activation are involved in oxygen-glucose-serum deprivation/restoration-induced apoptosis of spinal cord astrocytes. Neurosci Lett. 2010;478:32-6 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both the PERK/eIF2 alpha/ATF4 ISR and activation of caspase-12 may be involved in apoptosis of spinal cord astrocytes induced by OGSD/restoration. ..
- Szegezdi E, Duffy A, O Mahoney M, Logue S, Mylotte L, O BRIEN T, et al. ER stress contributes to ischemia-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;349:1406-11 pubmed..Thus, we provide evidence that the ER can generate and propagate apoptotic signals in response to ischemic stress and this pathway is therefore a novel target for prevention of ischemia-mediated cardiomyocyte loss. ..
- Ohse T, Inagi R, Tanaka T, Ota T, Miyata T, Kojima I, et al. Albumin induces endoplasmic reticulum stress and apoptosis in renal proximal tubular cells. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1447-55 pubmed..In conclusion, renal tubular cells exposed to high protein load suffer from ER stress. ER stress may subsequently lead to tubular damage by activation of caspase-12. ..
- Wei H, Zhang R, Jin H, Liu D, Tang X, Tang C, et al. Hydrogen sulfide attenuates hyperhomocysteinemia-induced cardiomyocytic endoplasmic reticulum stress in rats. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:1079-91 pubmed publisher..Glucose-regulated protein 78 (GRP78), CHOP, and caspase 12 expressions by myocardial tissues and cleaved caspase 12 and p-eIF2alpha expressions by H9c2 cells were detected ..
- Crosby K, Connell B, Saleh T. Estrogen limits ischemic cell death by modulating caspase-12-mediated apoptotic pathways following middle cerebral artery occlusion. Neuroscience. 2007;146:1524-35 pubmed
- de la Cadena S, Hernández Fonseca K, Camacho Arroyo I, Massieu L. Glucose deprivation induces reticulum stress by the PERK pathway and caspase-7- and calpain-mediated caspase-12 activation. Apoptosis. 2014;19:414-27 pubmed publisher..In addition, we show that calpain and caspase-7 are soon activated after GD and mediate caspase-12 activation and neuronal death. ..
- Shimoke K, Matsuki Y, Fukunaga K, Matsumura Y, Fujita E, Sugihara K, et al. Appearance of nuclear-sorted caspase-12 fragments in cerebral cortical and hippocampal neurons in rats damaged by autologous blood clot embolic brain infarctions. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2011;31:795-802 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that the fragmentation of caspase-12 and the subsequent nuclear translocation of these fragments are involved in the brain infarction process in rats. ..
- Mouw G, Zechel J, Gamboa J, Lust W, Selman W, Ratcheson R. Activation of caspase-12, an endoplasmic reticulum resident caspase, after permanent focal ischemia in rat. Neuroreport. 2003;14:183-6 pubmed
- Liu Y, Liu P, Liu C, Hu Y, Xu L, Mu Y, et al. [Proteomic analysis of proliferation and apoptosis in carbon tetrachloride induced rat liver fibrosis]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2005;13:563-6 pubmed..Proliferation and apoptosis related proteins are expressed dynamically in different stages of rat liver fibrosis induced by CCl4. ..
- Dong Y, Miao L, Hei L, Lin L, Ding H. Neuroprotective effects and impact on caspase-12 expression of tauroursodeoxycholic acid after acute spinal cord injury in rats. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015;8:15871-8 pubmed..05). TUDCA can inhibit the expression of caspase-12 in rat neurons after SCI, reduce cell apoptosis, and exert neuroprotective effects on rat secondary nerve injuries after SCI. ..
- Ikeuchi Y, Stegmuller J, Netherton S, Huynh M, Masu M, Frank D, et al. A SnoN-Ccd1 pathway promotes axonal morphogenesis in the mammalian brain. J Neurosci. 2009;29:4312-21 pubmed publisher..These findings define a novel SnoN-Ccd1 link that promotes axonal growth in the mammalian brain, with important implications for axonal development and regeneration. ..
- Morishima N, Nakanishi K, Takenouchi H, Shibata T, Yasuhiko Y. An endoplasmic reticulum stress-specific caspase cascade in apoptosis. Cytochrome c-independent activation of caspase-9 by caspase-12. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:34287-94 pubmed..These data suggest that procaspase-9 is a substrate of caspase-12 and that ER stress triggers a specific cascade involving caspase-12, -9, and -3 in a cytochrome c-independent manner. ..
- Zhang Q, Liu J, Chen S, Liu J, Liu L, Liu G, et al. Caspase-12 is involved in stretch-induced apoptosis mediated endoplasmic reticulum stress. Apoptosis. 2016;21:432-42 pubmed publisher..We concluded that caspase-12 played an important role in stretch-induced apoptosis that is associated by endoplasmic reticulum stress by activating caspase-3. ..