Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacnb3
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel auxiliary subunit beta 3
Alias: CACH3B, voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit beta-3, CAB3, Calcium channel subunit beta 3, calcium channel voltage-dependent subunit beta 3, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, beta 3 subunit
- Yasuda T, Lewis R, Adams D. Overexpressed Ca(v)beta3 inhibits N-type (Cav2.2) calcium channel currents through a hyperpolarizing shift of ultra-slow and closed-state inactivation. J Gen Physiol. 2004;123:401-16 pubmed
- Bourdin B, Marger F, Wall Lacelle S, Schneider T, Klein H, Sauve R, et al. Molecular determinants of the CaVbeta-induced plasma membrane targeting of the CaV1.2 channel. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:22853-63 pubmed publisher..2. Altogether, these data support a model where high affinity binding of Ca(V)beta to the I-II linker of Ca(V)alpha1 largely accounts for Ca(V)beta-induced plasma membrane targeting of Ca(V)1.2. ..
- Grueter C, Abiria S, Wu Y, Anderson M, Colbran R. Differential regulated interactions of calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II with isoforms of voltage-gated calcium channel beta subunits. Biochemistry. 2008;47:1760-7 pubmed publisher..In combination, these data show that phosphorylation dynamically regulates the interactions of specific isoforms of the Ca2+ channel beta subunits with CaMKII. ..
- Beguin P, Nagashima K, Mahalakshmi R, Vigot R, Matsunaga A, Miki T, et al. BARP suppresses voltage-gated calcium channel activity and Ca2+-evoked exocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:233-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, BARP can modulate the localization of Cav? and its association with the Cav?1 subunit to negatively regulate VGCC activity. ..
- Agrawal M, Kumar V, Singh A, Kashyap M, Khanna V, Siddiqui M, et al. trans-Resveratrol protects ischemic PC12 Cells by inhibiting the hypoxia associated transcription factors and increasing the levels of antioxidant defense enzymes. ACS Chem Neurosci. 2013;4:285-94 pubmed publisher..Our data shows that the whole-treatment group of trans-resveratrol is most efficient in decreasing hypoxia induced cell death through its antioxidant properties. ..
- Kuhn S, Knirsch M, Ruttiger L, Kasperek S, Winter H, Freichel M, et al. Ba2+ currents in inner and outer hair cells of mice lacking the voltage-dependent Ca2+ channel subunits beta3 or beta4. Channels (Austin). 2009;3:366-76 pubmed..These results indicate that neither Ca(V)beta3 nor Ca(V)beta4 are indispensable for hair cell Ca(2+) currents but contribute to the overall current properties. ..
- Badou A, Jha M, Matza D, Mehal W, Freichel M, Flockerzi V, et al. Critical role for the beta regulatory subunits of Cav channels in T lymphocyte function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:15529-34 pubmed..These observations suggest that the Cav channels expressed by T cells have adopted novel regulation/gating mechanisms. ..
- Vendel A, Terry M, Striegel A, Iverson N, Leuranguer V, Rithner C, et al. Alternative splicing of the voltage-gated Ca2+ channel beta4 subunit creates a uniquely folded N-terminal protein binding domain with cell-specific expression in the cerebellar cortex. J Neurosci. 2006;26:2635-44 pubmed..These results have strong bearing on our current understanding of the structure of alternatively spliced Ca2+ channel beta subunits and the cell-specific roles they play in the CNS. ..
- Morgan E, Mace O, Affleck J, Kellett G. Apical GLUT2 and Cav1.3: regulation of rat intestinal glucose and calcium absorption. J Physiol. 2007;580:593-604 pubmed..The integration of glucose and Ca(2+) absorption represents a complex nutrient-sensing system, which allows both absorptive pathways to be regulated rapidly and precisely to match dietary intake. ..
- Catterall W. Voltage-gated calcium channels. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a003947 pubmed publisher..This article presents the molecular relationships and physiological functions of these Ca(2+) channel proteins and provides information on their molecular, genetic, physiological, and pharmacological properties. ..
- Bourdin B, Shakeri B, TÃ©treault M, SauvÃ© R, Lesage S, Parent L. Functional characterization of CaVÎ±2Î´ mutations associated with sudden cardiac death. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:2854-69 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results provide novel insight in the molecular mechanism underlying the modulation of CaV1.2 currents by CaVÎ±2Î´. ..
- Castellano A, Wei X, Birnbaumer L, Perez Reyes E. Cloning and expression of a neuronal calcium channel beta subunit. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:12359-66 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Yamada Y, Fan M, Bangaru S, Lin B, Yang J. The beta subunit of voltage-gated Ca2+ channels interacts with and regulates the activity of a novel isoform of Pax6. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:2527-36 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that full-length Ca(v)beta may act directly as a transcription regulator independent of its role in regulating Ca(2+) channel activity. ..
- Gandini M, Henríquez D, Grimaldo L, Sandoval A, Altier C, Zamponi G, et al. CaV2.2 channel cell surface expression is regulated by the light chain 1 (LC1) of the microtubule-associated protein B (MAP1B) via UBE2L3-mediated ubiquitination and degradation. Pflugers Arch. 2014;466:2113-26 pubmed publisher..Together these results revealed a novel functional coupling between LC1 and the N-type channels. ..
- Burgess D, Biddlecome G, McDonough S, Diaz M, Zilinski C, Bean B, et al. beta subunit reshuffling modifies N- and P/Q-type Ca2+ channel subunit compositions in lethargic mouse brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1999;13:293-311 pubmed..The existence of beta subunit reshuffling demonstrates that molecular plasticity of Ca2+ channel assembly, a normal feature of early brain development, is retained in the mature brain. ..