Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacnb2
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel auxiliary subunit beta 2
Alias: Cacnlb2, voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit beta-2, CAB2, calcium channel voltage-dependent subunit beta 2, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, beta 2 subunit
- Hong G, Chen X, Liu Y, Liu Y, Fu X, Lin S, et al. Genetic variations in MOV10 and CACNB2 are associated with hypertension in a Chinese Han population. Genet Mol Res. 2013;12:6220-7 pubmed publisher..However, SNP rs4373814, a variant in CACNB2, showed a relevant association with a decreased risk of hypertension...
- Carrillo E, Escobar Y, Gonzalez G, Hernández A, Galindo J, Garcia M, et al. Posttranscriptional regulation of the ?2-subunit of cardiac L-type Ca2+ channels by MicroRNAs during long-term exposure to isoproterenol in rats. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2011;58:470-8 pubmed publisher..The effects of long-term ?-adrenergic administration on the expression levels of the cardiac L-type Ca channel ?2 subunit, which regulates channel trafficking and function, were characterized in adult rats...
- Yamada Y, Nagashima M, Tsutsuura M, Kobayashi T, Seki S, Makita N, et al. Cloning of a functional splice variant of L-type calcium channel beta 2 subunit from rat heart. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:47163-70 pubmed..Taken together, these observations suggest that the beta(2c) subunit is a functional beta(2) subunit expressed in heart and that the short N-terminal region plays a major role in modifying inactivation kinetics. ..
- Williams M, Feldman D, McCue A, Brenner R, Velicelebi G, Ellis S, et al. Structure and functional expression of alpha 1, alpha 2, and beta subunits of a novel human neuronal calcium channel subtype. Neuron. 1992;8:71-84 pubmed..At least two forms of neuronal alpha 1D were identified. Different forms of alpha 2 and beta transcripts were also identified in CNS, skeletal muscle, and aorta tissues. ..
- Thomas J, Hagen J, Soh D, Lee A. Molecular moieties masking Ca2+-dependent facilitation of voltage-gated Cav2.2 Ca2+ channels. J Gen Physiol. 2018;150:83-94 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a functional divergence in the CDF regulatory domains of Cav2 channels, which may help to diversify the modes by which Cav2.1 and Cav2.2 can modify synaptic transmission. ..
- Cens T, Rousset M, Kajava A, Charnet P. Molecular determinant for specific Ca/Ba selectivity profiles of low and high threshold Ca2+ channels. J Gen Physiol. 2007;130:415-25 pubmed..These data therefore attribute to the DCS a unique role in the specific shaping of the Ca(2+) influx between the different HVA channels...
- Taviaux S, Williams M, Harpold M, Nargeot J, Lory P. Assignment of human genes for beta 2 and beta 4 subunits of voltage-dependent Ca2+ channels to chromosomes 10p12 and 2q22-q23. Hum Genet. 1997;100:151-4 pubmed..b>CACNB2 (beta 2) and CACNB4 (beta 4), to human chromosomes 10p12 and 2q22-q23, respectively, by fluorescence in situ ..
- Perez Reyes E, Castellano A, Kim H, Bertrand P, Baggstrom E, Lacerda A, et al. Cloning and expression of a cardiac/brain beta subunit of the L-type calcium channel. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:1792-7 pubmed..These results indicate that the cardiac L-type Ca2+ channel has a similar subunit structure as in skeletal muscle, and provides evidence for the modulatory role of the beta subunit. ..
- Li L, Cao X, Chen S, Han H, Lopez Berestein G, Sood A, et al. Up-regulation of Cav?3 subunit in primary sensory neurons increases voltage-activated Ca2+ channel activity and nociceptive input in neuropathic pain. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:6002-13 pubmed publisher..Targeting the Cav?(3) subunit at the spinal level represents an effective strategy for treating neuropathic pain. ..
- Lautermilch N, Few A, Scheuer T, Catterall W. Modulation of CaV2.1 channels by the neuronal calcium-binding protein visinin-like protein-2. J Neurosci. 2005;25:7062-70 pubmed..Differential regulation of CaV2.1 channels by CaM, VILIP-2, CaBP1, and other neurospecific Ca2+-binding proteins is a potentially important determinant of Ca2+ entry in neurotransmission. ..
- Miriyala J, Nguyen T, Yue D, Colecraft H. Role of CaVbeta subunits, and lack of functional reserve, in protein kinase A modulation of cardiac CaV1.2 channels. Circ Res. 2008;102:e54-64 pubmed publisher..These results redefine the role of beta subunits in PKA modulation of Ca(V)1.2 channels and uncover a new design principle of this phenomenon in the heart, vis à vis a limited functional reserve. ..
- Yang L, Liu G, Zakharov S, Bellinger A, Mongillo M, Marx S. Protein kinase G phosphorylates Cav1.2 alpha1c and beta2 subunits. Circ Res. 2007;101:465-74 pubmed..2 current was significantly reduced by coexpression of an alanine-substituted Ca(v)1.2 beta(2a) subunit (Ser(496)). Our results identify a molecular mechanism by which cGMP-PKG regulates Ca(v)1.2 phosphorylation and function. ..
- Antzelevitch C, Pollevick G, Cordeiro J, Casis O, Sanguinetti M, Aizawa Y, et al. Loss-of-function mutations in the cardiac calcium channel underlie a new clinical entity characterized by ST-segment elevation, short QT intervals, and sudden cardiac death. Circulation. 2007;115:442-9 pubmed..and heterologous expression studies revealed loss-of-function missense mutations in CACNA1C (A39V and G490R) and CACNB2 (S481L) encoding the alpha1- and beta2b-subunits of the L-type calcium channel...
- Ball S, Powers P, Shin H, Morgans C, Peachey N, Gregg R. Role of the beta(2) subunit of voltage-dependent calcium channels in the retinal outer plexiform layer. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2002;43:1595-603 pubmed..The expression of both of these subunits is required for normal maintenance and/or formation of the OPL and synaptic transmission. ..
- Koval O, Guan X, Wu Y, Joiner M, Gao Z, Chen B, et al. CaV1.2 beta-subunit coordinates CaMKII-triggered cardiomyocyte death and afterdepolarizations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:4996-5000 pubmed publisher..These data show that CaMKII binding and phosphorylation sites on beta(2a) are concise but pivotal components of a molecular and biophysical and mechanism for EADs and impaired survival in adult cardiomyocytes. ..
- Wu J, Yan Z, Li Z, Yan C, Lu S, Dong M, et al. Structure of the voltage-gated calcium channel Cav1.1 complex. Science. 2015;350:aad2395 pubmed publisher..The structure reveals the architecture of a prototypical eukaryotic Ca(v) channel and provides a framework for understanding the function and disease mechanisms of Ca(v) and Na(v) channels. ..
- Maltez J, Nunziato D, Kim J, Pitt G. Essential Ca(V)beta modulatory properties are AID-independent. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:372-7 pubmed
- Wang D, Bansal V, Fisher T. The Ca2+ channel ?2 subunit is selectively targeted to the axon terminals of supraoptic neurons. Channels (Austin). 2014;8:216-21 pubmed..These data suggest that the Ca(V)?(2) subunit is selectively targeted to axon terminals and may play a role in targeting and/or regulating the properties of Ca(2+) channels. ..
- Beguin P, Nagashima K, Mahalakshmi R, Vigot R, Matsunaga A, Miki T, et al. BARP suppresses voltage-gated calcium channel activity and Ca2+-evoked exocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:233-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, BARP can modulate the localization of Cav? and its association with the Cav?1 subunit to negatively regulate VGCC activity. ..
- Miranda Laferte E, Ewers D, Guzman R, Jordan N, Schmidt S, Hidalgo P. The N-terminal domain tethers the voltage-gated calcium channel ?2e-subunit to the plasma membrane via electrostatic and hydrophobic interactions. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10387-98 pubmed publisher..Penetration of the tryptophan side chain into the lipidic core stabilizes the membrane-bound conformation. This constitutes a new mechanism for membrane anchoring among the ?-subunit family that also sustains slowed inactivation. ..
- Xu K, Zhu W, Xiao R. Serine496 of ?2 subunit of L-type Ca2+ channel participates in molecular crosstalk between activation of (Na++K+)-ATPase and the channel. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;402:319-23 pubmed publisher..This study provides the first evidence to demonstrate that LTCC ?2 subunit is coupled with the movement of signals in the mechanism of activation of NKA-mediated crosstalk with LTCC. ..
- Cui X, Yang G, Pan M, Zhang X, Yang S. Akt signals upstream of L-type calcium channels to optimize insulin secretion. Pancreas. 2012;41:15-21 pubmed publisher..Akt signals upstream of L-type calcium channels to optimize glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. ..
- Abiria S, Colbran R. CaMKII associates with CaV1.2 L-type calcium channels via selected beta subunits to enhance regulatory phosphorylation. J Neurochem. 2010;112:150-61 pubmed publisher..2alpha(1) and beta subunits. These findings demonstrate a biochemical mechanism underlying LTCC facilitation by CaMKII. ..
- Zhang X, Xie J, Zhu S, Chen Y, Wang L, Xu B. Next-generation sequencing identifies pathogenic and modifier mutations in a consanguineous Chinese family with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Medicine (Baltimore). 2017;96:e7010 pubmed publisher..1598C>T (p.Ser533Leu) mutation in voltage-dependent l-type calcium channel subunit beta-2 (CACNB2) was present in all severely affected HCM patients, but not in those moderately affected or genotype-positive ..