Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacnb1
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel auxiliary subunit beta 1
Alias: voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit beta-1, CAB1, brain calcium channel beta 1 subunit, calcium channel beta 1 subunit, calcium channel voltage-dependent subunit beta 1, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, beta 1 subunit
- Catterall W. Voltage-gated calcium channels. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a003947 pubmed publisher..This article presents the molecular relationships and physiological functions of these Ca(2+) channel proteins and provides information on their molecular, genetic, physiological, and pharmacological properties. ..
- Gregg R, Messing A, Strube C, Beurg M, Moss R, Behan M, et al. Absence of the beta subunit (cchb1) of the skeletal muscle dihydropyridine receptor alters expression of the alpha 1 subunit and eliminates excitation-contraction coupling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:13961-6 pubmed
- Conklin M, Powers P, Gregg R, Coronado R. Ca2+ sparks in embryonic mouse skeletal muscle selectively deficient in dihydropyridine receptor alpha1S or beta1a subunits. Biophys J. 1999;76:657-69 pubmed..However, excitation-contraction coupling is not essential for Ca2+ spark formation in these cells. ..
- Burgess D, Biddlecome G, McDonough S, Diaz M, Zilinski C, Bean B, et al. beta subunit reshuffling modifies N- and P/Q-type Ca2+ channel subunit compositions in lethargic mouse brain. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1999;13:293-311 pubmed..The existence of beta subunit reshuffling demonstrates that molecular plasticity of Ca2+ channel assembly, a normal feature of early brain development, is retained in the mature brain. ..
- Maltez J, Nunziato D, Kim J, Pitt G. Essential Ca(V)beta modulatory properties are AID-independent. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:372-7 pubmed
- Abiria S, Colbran R. CaMKII associates with CaV1.2 L-type calcium channels via selected beta subunits to enhance regulatory phosphorylation. J Neurochem. 2010;112:150-61 pubmed publisher..2alpha(1) and beta subunits. These findings demonstrate a biochemical mechanism underlying LTCC facilitation by CaMKII. ..