Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacna1g
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel subunit alpha1 G
Alias: voltage-dependent T-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1G, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, T type, alpha 1G subunit, voltage-gated calcium channel subunit alpha Cav3.1
- Zhuang H, Bhattacharjee A, Hu F, Zhang M, Goswami T, Wang L, et al. Cloning of a T-type Ca2+ channel isoform in insulin-secreting cells. Diabetes. 2000;49:59-64 pubmed..These results provide the molecular biological basis for studies of function of T-type Ca2+ channels in beta-cells, which is where these channels may play critical roles in diabetes. ..
- Escoffier J, Boisseau S, Serres C, Chen C, Kim D, Stamboulian S, et al. Expression, localization and functions in acrosome reaction and sperm motility of Ca(V)3.1 and Ca(V)3.2 channels in sperm cells: an evaluation from Ca(V)3.1 and Ca(V)3.2 deficient mice. J Cell Physiol. 2007;212:753-63 pubmed..The conclusion is that voltage-dependent calcium influx during AR is due to the opening of redundant families of calcium channels. ..
- McKay B, McRory J, Molineux M, Hamid J, Snutch T, Zamponi G, et al. Ca(V)3 T-type calcium channel isoforms differentially distribute to somatic and dendritic compartments in rat central neurons. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:2581-94 pubmed
- Iftinca M, McKay B, Snutch T, McRory J, Turner R, Zamponi G. Temperature dependence of T-type calcium channel gating. Neuroscience. 2006;142:1031-42 pubmed..3, but not rat Ca(v)3.3. The observed changes in the kinetics were significant but not identical for the three isoforms, showing that the ability of T-type channels to conduct calcium varies with both channel isoform and temperature. ..
- Pastukh V, Chen H, Wu S, Jong C, Alexeyev M, Schaffer S. Effect of hypernatremia on injury caused by energy deficiency: role of T-type Ca2+ channel. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2010;299:C289-97 pubmed publisher..Thus hypernatremia appears to protect the cell against metabolic inhibition by promoting the downregulation of the T-type calcium channel and stimulating cytoprotective protein kinase pathways. ..
- Mangoni M, Traboulsie A, Leoni A, Couette B, Marger L, Le Quang K, et al. Bradycardia and slowing of the atrioventricular conduction in mice lacking CaV3.1/alpha1G T-type calcium channels. Circ Res. 2006;98:1422-30 pubmed..Here we show that disruption of the gene coding for CaV3.1/alpha1G T-type calcium channels (cacna1g) abolishes T-type calcium current (I(Ca,T)) in isolated cells from the SAN and the atrioventricular node without ..
- Ferron L, Ruchon Y, Renaud J, Capuano V. T-type Ca²+ signalling regulates aldosterone-induced CREB activation and cell death through PP2A activation in neonatal cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:105-12 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish PP2A/CREB as targets of I(CaT)-generated Ca²(+) signalling and identify an important role for I(CaT) in cardiomyocyte cell death. ..
- Dogrul A, Gardell L, Ossipov M, Tulunay F, Lai J, Porreca F. Reversal of experimental neuropathic pain by T-type calcium channel blockers. Pain. 2003;105:159-68 pubmed..The data support the view that selective T-type calcium channel blockers may have significant potential in the treatment of neuropathic pain states. ..
- Nosal O, Lyubanova O, Naidenov V, Shuba Y. Complex modulation of Ca(v)3.1 T-type calcium channel by nickel. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2013;70:1653-61 pubmed publisher..We conclude that differential Ni(2+)-sensitivity of T-channel subtypes is determined only by H-containing external binding sites, which, in the absence of Ni(2+), may be occupied by PDC, influencing in turn the channel's permeation. ..
- Morino H, Matsuda Y, Muguruma K, Miyamoto R, Ohsawa R, Ohtake T, et al. A mutation in the low voltage-gated calcium channel CACNA1G alters the physiological properties of the channel, causing spinocerebellar ataxia. Mol Brain. 2015;8:89 pubmed publisher..a Japanese family with autosomal dominant SCA using linkage analysis and exome sequencing, and identified CACNA1G, which encodes the calcium channel CaV3.1, as a new causative gene...
- Kang H, Park J, Lee J. Distinct contributions of different structural regions to the current kinetics of the Cav3.3 T-type Ca2+ channel. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2008;1778:2740-8 pubmed publisher..3 channel are differentially controlled by several structural regions, among which the III-IV loop and domain I are the most prominent in governing both activation and inactivation kinetics. ..
- Coutelier M, Blesneac I, Monteil A, Monin M, Ando K, Mundwiller E, et al. A Recurrent Mutation in CACNA1G Alters Cav3.1 T-Type Calcium-Channel Conduction and Causes Autosomal-Dominant Cerebellar Ataxia. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;97:726-37 pubmed publisher..In CACNA1G, we identified a c.5144G>A mutation, causing an arginine-to-histidine (p...
- Hildebrand M, Isope P, Miyazaki T, Nakaya T, Garcia E, Feltz A, et al. Functional coupling between mGluR1 and Cav3.1 T-type calcium channels contributes to parallel fiber-induced fast calcium signaling within Purkinje cell dendritic spines. J Neurosci. 2009;29:9668-82 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a new fast calcium signaling pathway in Purkinje cell dendritic spines triggered by short burst of parallel fiber inputs and mediated by T-type calcium channels and mGluR1s. ..
- Shcheglovitov A, Vitko I, Bidaud I, Baumgart J, Navarro Gonzalez M, Grayson T, et al. Alternative splicing within the I-II loop controls surface expression of T-type Ca(v)3.1 calcium channels. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:3765-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that alternative splicing of Ca(v)3 channels regulates surface expression and may underlie disease states in which T-channel current density is increased. ..
- Inagaki A, Ugawa S, Yamamura H, Murakami S, Shimada S. The CaV3.1 T-type Ca2+channel contributes to voltage-dependent calcium currents in rat outer hair cells. Brain Res. 2008;1201:68-77 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest an involvement of CaV3.1 in intracellular Ca2+regulation in mature OHCs. ..
- Pluteanu F, Cribbs L. Regulation and function of Cav3.1 T-type calcium channels in IGF-I-stimulated pulmonary artery smooth muscle cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2011;300:C517-25 pubmed publisher..1 T-type channels in particular interacts with Ca(2+)-dependent steps of the mitogenic signaling cascade as a central component of vascular remodeling in disease. ..
- Catterall W. Voltage-gated calcium channels. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011;3:a003947 pubmed publisher..This article presents the molecular relationships and physiological functions of these Ca(2+) channel proteins and provides information on their molecular, genetic, physiological, and pharmacological properties. ..
- Abd El Rahman R, Harraz O, Brett S, Anfinogenova Y, Mufti R, Goldman D, et al. Identification of L- and T-type Ca2+ channels in rat cerebral arteries: role in myogenic tone development. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;304:H58-71 pubmed publisher..Both conductances contribute to myogenic tone, although their overall contribution is unequal...
- Hansen P, Jensen B, Andreasen D, Skøtt O. Differential expression of T- and L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels in renal resistance vessels. Circ Res. 2001;89:630-8 pubmed
- Sharop B, Boldyriev O, Batiuk M, Shtefan N, Shuba Y. Compensatory reduction of Cav3.1 expression in thalamocortical neurons of juvenile rats of WAG/Rij model of absence epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 2016;119:10-2 pubmed publisher..The weakened expression of Cav3.1 in juveniles of WAG/Rij rats could represent a compensatory mechanism determining the pattern of the age dependency in the disease manifestation by this model of absence epilepsy. ..
- Kase M, Kakimoto S, Sakuma S, Houtani T, Ohishi H, Ueyama T, et al. Distribution of neurons expressing alpha 1G subunit mRNA of T-type voltage-dependent calcium channel in adult rat central nervous system. Neurosci Lett. 1999;268:77-80 pubmed..The cells expressing alpha1G were widely distributed in the central nervous system. The distribution seemed to be restricted to neurons, and exhibited a specific pattern in the cerebellum, thalamus, hippocampus and cerebral cortex. ..
- Kim T, Kim S, Yun H, Chung K, Han Y, Shin H, et al. Modulation of Ca(v)3.1 T-type Ca2+ channels by the ran binding protein RanBPM. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;378:15-20 pubmed publisher..1 currents, an effect that was abolished by the expression of RanBPM. These results suggest that RanBPM could be a key regulator of Ca(v)3.1 channel-mediated signaling pathways. ..
- Kasten M, Rudy B, Anderson M. Differential regulation of action potential firing in adult murine thalamocortical neurons by Kv3.2, Kv1, and SK potassium and N-type calcium channels. J Physiol. 2007;584:565-82 pubmed
- Markandeya Y, Fahey J, Pluteanu F, Cribbs L, Balijepalli R. Caveolin-3 regulates protein kinase A modulation of the Ca(V)3.2 (alpha1H) T-type Ca2+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2433-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings on functional modulation of the Ca(v)3.2 channels by Cav-3 is important for understanding the compartmentalized regulation of Ca(2+) signaling during normal and pathological processes. ..
- Molineux M, McRory J, McKay B, Hamid J, Mehaffey W, Rehak R, et al. Specific T-type calcium channel isoforms are associated with distinct burst phenotypes in deep cerebellar nuclear neurons. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:5555-60 pubmed..The Ca(v)3 class of LVA calcium channels is thus expressed in specific combinations in a wide range of cerebellar neurons but contributes to rebound burst discharge in only a select number of cell classes. ..
- Walsh C, Davies A, Butcher A, Dolphin A, Kitmitto A. Three-dimensional structure of CaV3.1: comparison with the cardiac L-type voltage-gated calcium channel monomer architecture. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:22310-21 pubmed publisher..2 binding and for the first time identifies the size and organization of the alpha2delta polypeptides. ..
- Latour I, Hamid J, Beedle A, Zamponi G, MacVicar B. Expression of voltage-gated Ca2+ channel subtypes in cultured astrocytes. Glia. 2003;41:347-53 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate that astrocytes express multiple types of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels, hinting at a complex regulation of Ca(2+) homeostasis in glial cells. ..