Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Cacna1d
Description: calcium voltage-gated channel subunit alpha1 D
Alias: voltage-dependent L-type calcium channel subunit alpha-1D, CaV1.3alpha1, RBD, brain class D, calcium channel alpha-1 subunit, calcium channel, L type, alpha-1 polypeptide, calcium channel, voltage-dependent, L type, alpha 1D subunit, voltage-dependent calcium channel subunit alpha1D, voltage-gated calcium channel pore forming subunit CaV1.3alpha1 IVS3-IVS4 extracellular linker, voltage-gated calcium channel subunit alpha Cav1.3
- Calin Jageman I, Yu K, Hall R, Mei L, Lee A. Erbin enhances voltage-dependent facilitation of Ca(v)1.3 Ca2+ channels through relief of an autoinhibitory domain in the Ca(v)1.3 alpha1 subunit. J Neurosci. 2007;27:1374-85 pubmed..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism by which PDZ interactions and alternative splicing of alpha1 1.3 may influence activity-dependent regulation of Ca(v)1.3 channels at the synapse. ..
- Xu W, Lipscombe D. Neuronal Ca(V)1.3alpha(1) L-type channels activate at relatively hyperpolarized membrane potentials and are incompletely inhibited by dihydropyridines. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5944-51 pubmed..Our results suggest that functional and pharmacological criteria used commonly to distinguish among different Ca currents greatly underestimate the biological importance of L-type channels in cells expressing Ca(v)1.3alpha(1). ..
- Veng L, Browning M. Regionally selective alterations in expression of the alpha(1D) subunit (Ca(v)1.3) of L-type calcium channels in the hippocampus of aged rats. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;107:120-7 pubmed..These findings contribute to our understanding of the mechanisms responsible for changes in calcium homeostasis during aging. ..
- Hui A, Ellinor P, Krizanova O, Wang J, Diebold R, Schwartz A. Molecular cloning of multiple subtypes of a novel rat brain isoform of the alpha 1 subunit of the voltage-dependent calcium channel. Neuron. 1991;7:35-44 pubmed..Thus, multiple isoforms of this rat brain alpha 1 subunit are possible. ..
- Cunha S, Hund T, Hashemi S, Voigt N, Li N, Wright P, et al. Defects in ankyrin-based membrane protein targeting pathways underlie atrial fibrillation. Circulation. 2011;124:1212-22 pubmed publisher..Additionally, our data demonstrate a novel pathway for ankyrin-B-dependent regulation of Ca(v)1.3 channel membrane targeting and regulation in atrial myocytes. ..
- Wang X, Marks C, Perfitt T, Nakagawa T, Lee A, Jacobson D, et al. A novel mechanism for Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II targeting to L-type Ca2+ channels that initiates long-range signaling to the nucleus. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:17324-17336 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our findings define a novel molecular interaction with the neuronal LTCC that is required for the initiation of a long-range signal to the nucleus that is critical for learning and memory. ..
- Williams M, Feldman D, McCue A, Brenner R, Velicelebi G, Ellis S, et al. Structure and functional expression of alpha 1, alpha 2, and beta subunits of a novel human neuronal calcium channel subtype. Neuron. 1992;8:71-84 pubmed..At least two forms of neuronal alpha 1D were identified. Different forms of alpha 2 and beta transcripts were also identified in CNS, skeletal muscle, and aorta tissues. ..
- Baroudi G, Qu Y, Ramadan O, Chahine M, Boutjdir M. Protein kinase C activation inhibits Cav1.3 calcium channel at NH2-terminal serine 81 phosphorylation site. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1614-22 pubmed..These novel findings have significant implications in the pathophysiology of alpha(1D) Ca(2+) channel and in the development of PKC isozyme-targeted therapeutics. ..
- Yang S, Berggren P. The role of voltage-gated calcium channels in pancreatic beta-cell physiology and pathophysiology. Endocr Rev. 2006;27:621-76 pubmed..This review summarizes current knowledge of CaV channels in beta-cell physiology and pathophysiology. ..
- Xu M, Welling A, Paparisto S, Hofmann F, Klugbauer N. Enhanced expression of L-type Cav1.3 calcium channels in murine embryonic hearts from Cav1.2-deficient mice. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:40837-41 pubmed..2 (-/-) cardiomyocytes. In summary, our results imply that calcium channel expression is dynamically regulated during heart development and that the Cav1.3 channel may substitute for Cav1.2 during early embryogenesis. ..
- Latour I, Hamid J, Beedle A, Zamponi G, MacVicar B. Expression of voltage-gated Ca2+ channel subtypes in cultured astrocytes. Glia. 2003;41:347-53 pubmed..Overall, our data indicate that astrocytes express multiple types of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels, hinting at a complex regulation of Ca(2+) homeostasis in glial cells. ..
- Mangoni M, Couette B, Bourinet E, Platzer J, Reimer D, Striessnig J, et al. Functional role of L-type Cav1.3 Ca2+ channels in cardiac pacemaker activity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:5543-8 pubmed..Taken together, our data demonstrate that Ca(v)1.3 channels play a major role in the generation of cardiac pacemaker activity by contributing to diastolic depolarization in SAN pacemaker cells. ..
- Huang L, Bhattacharjee A, Taylor J, Zhang M, Keyser B, Marrero L, et al. [Ca2+]i regulates trafficking of Cav1.3 (alpha1D Ca2+ channel) in insulin-secreting cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2004;286:C213-21 pubmed..These results suggest that Cav1.3 channel trafficking is involved in glucose desensitization of pancreatic beta-cells. ..
- Chen J, Chu H, Xiong H, Yu Y, Huang X, Zhou L, et al. Downregulation of Cav1.3 calcium channel expression in the cochlea is associated with age-related hearing loss in C57BL/6J mice. Neuroreport. 2013;24:313-7 pubmed publisher..3.3 calcium channel expression in the cochlea is reduced in the ARHL mice and is associated with ARHL. The data also support a view that Ca(v)1.3.3 calcium channel is a good target for prevention and therapy of ARHL. ..
- Qu Y, Karnabi E, Ramadan O, Yue Y, Chahine M, Boutjdir M. Perinatal and postnatal expression of Cav1.3 ?1D Ca²? channel in the rat heart. Pediatr Res. 2011;69:479-84 pubmed publisher..The data are first to show that ?1D Ca²? channel has unique age-dependent expression profile and subcellular localization in the heart, suggesting a developmental stage-dependent specific function. ..
- Snutch T, Leonard J, Gilbert M, Lester H, Davidson N. Rat brain expresses a heterogeneous family of calcium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87:3391-5 pubmed..The antisense oligonucleotide experiments specifically show that one or several of the Ca-channel classes are related to the Ca channels observed in rat brain mRNA injected oocytes. ..
- Luo H, Yang H, Jiang R. [Androgen correlates with expressions of ryanodine receptor 1 and voltage-gated calcium channel 1.3 in rat corpus cavernosum smooth muscle]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2009;15:895-900 pubmed..23, 1.25 +/- 0.03, 330.38 +/- 128.59, 327.35 +/- 117.37, respectively) (P < 0.05). The androgen level was positively correlated with the expressions of RyR1 and CaV1.3. Androgen can regulate erectile function via RyR1 and CaV1.3. ..
- Nitert M, Nagorny C, Wendt A, Eliasson L, Mulder H. CaV1.2 rather than CaV1.3 is coupled to glucose-stimulated insulin secretion in INS-1 832/13 cells. J Mol Endocrinol. 2008;41:1-11 pubmed publisher..2 expression in transfected cells since knock-down of Ca(V)1.3 did not affect glucose-stimulated insulin secretion. In summary, our results suggest that Ca(V)1.2 is critical for insulin secretion in INS-1 832/13 cells. ..
- Vivas O, Moreno C, Santana L, Hille B. Proximal clustering between BK and CaV1.3 channels promotes functional coupling and BK channel activation at low voltage. elife. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..3 channels at quite negative membrane potentials, facilitating the regulation of neuronal excitability at voltages close to the threshold to fire action potentials. ..
- Pinggera A, Mackenroth L, Rump A, Schallner J, Beleggia F, Wollnik B, et al. New gain-of-function mutation shows CACNA1D as recurrently mutated gene in autism spectrum disorders and epilepsy. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:2923-2932 pubmed publisherb>CACNA1D encodes the pore-forming Î±1-subunit of Cav1.3, an L-type voltage-gated Ca2+-channel. Despite the recent discovery of two de novo missense gain-of-function mutations in Cav1...
- Dubel S, Starr T, Hell J, Ahlijanian M, Enyeart J, Catterall W, et al. Molecular cloning of the alpha-1 subunit of an omega-conotoxin-sensitive calcium channel. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:5058-62 pubmed..This brain Ca channel may mediate the omega-conotoxin-sensitive Ca influx required for neurotransmitter release at many synapses. ..
- Le Scouarnec S, Bhasin N, Vieyres C, Hund T, Cunha S, Koval O, et al. Dysfunction in ankyrin-B-dependent ion channel and transporter targeting causes human sinus node disease. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15617-22 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings associate abnormal channel targeting with human SND and highlight the critical role of local membrane organization for sinoatrial node excitability. ..
- Li R, Wang Y, Yang Z, He Y, Zhao T, Fan M, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1Î± regulates the expression of L-type voltage-dependent Ca(2+) channels in PC12 cells under hypoxia. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2015;20:507-16 pubmed publisher..2 gene, but not that of the Cav1.3 gene. These data indicated that Cav1.2 might be regulated by HIF-1Î± as one of its downstream target genes and involved in regulation of PC12 cells death under hypoxia. ..
- Gezen Ak D, Dursun E, Yilmazer S. The effects of vitamin D receptor silencing on the expression of LVSCC-A1C and LVSCC-A1D and the release of NGF in cortical neurons. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17553 pubmed publisher..In addition, when VDR is suppressed, neurons could be vulnerable to aging and neurodegeneration, and when combined with AÎ² toxicity, it is possible to explain some of the events that occur during neurodegeneration. ..
- Lu L, Zhang Q, Timofeyev V, Zhang Z, Young J, Shin H, et al. Molecular coupling of a Ca2+-activated K+ channel to L-type Ca2+ channels via alpha-actinin2. Circ Res. 2007;100:112-20 pubmed
- Chahine M, Qu Y, Mancarella S, Boutjdir M. Protein kinase C activation inhibits alpha1D L-type Ca channel: a single-channel analysis. Pflugers Arch. 2008;455:913-9 pubmed..Altogether, these data are essential for understanding the complex role of alpha1D Ca channel not only in physiological settings but also in pathological settings such as atrial fibrillation. ..
- Morgan E, Mace O, Affleck J, Kellett G. Apical GLUT2 and Cav1.3: regulation of rat intestinal glucose and calcium absorption. J Physiol. 2007;580:593-604 pubmed..The integration of glucose and Ca(2+) absorption represents a complex nutrient-sensing system, which allows both absorptive pathways to be regulated rapidly and precisely to match dietary intake. ..
- N GOUEMO P, Morad M. Voltage-gated calcium channels in adult rat inferior colliculus neurons. Neuroscience. 2003;120:815-26 pubmed..We conclude that IC neurons express functionally all members of HVA Ca(2+) channels, but only a subset of these neurons appear to have developed functional LVA channels. ..
- Zhang H, Maximov A, Fu Y, Xu F, Tang T, Tkatch T, et al. Association of CaV1.3 L-type calcium channels with Shank. J Neurosci. 2005;25:1037-49 pubmed..3 L-type Ca2+ channels in pCREB signaling. ..
- Leitch B, Szostek A, Lin R, Shevtsova O. Subcellular distribution of L-type calcium channel subtypes in rat hippocampal neurons. Neuroscience. 2009;164:641-57 pubmed publisher..The location of L-type Ca(v)1.2 and Ca(v)1.3 channels in distal dendrites and spines would thus place them at appropriate sites where they could initiate synapse to nucleus signalling. ..
- Dobremez E, Bouali Benazzouz R, Fossat P, Monteils L, Dulluc J, Nagy F, et al. Distribution and regulation of L-type calcium channels in deep dorsal horn neurons after sciatic nerve injury in rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2005;21:3321-33 pubmed..Two different isotypes of L-type calcium channel alpha 1 subunit have been cloned (Ca(V)1.2 and Ca(V)1.3). Both are known to be expressed in the spinal cord...
- Sukiasyan N, Hultborn H, Zhang M. Distribution of calcium channel Ca(V)1.3 immunoreactivity in the rat spinal cord and brain stem. Neuroscience. 2009;159:217-35 pubmed publisher..3 is probably a common calcium channel used by many kinds of neurons to facilitate the neuronal information processing via certain intracellular mechanisms, for instance, PICs. ..
- Dittmer P, Wild A, Dell Acqua M, Sather W. STIM1 Ca2+ Sensor Control of L-type Ca2+-Channel-Dependent Dendritic Spine Structural Plasticity and Nuclear Signaling. Cell Rep. 2017;19:321-334 pubmed publisher..These findings of negative feedback control of LTCC signaling by STIM1 reveal interplay between Ca2+ influx and release from stores that controls both postsynaptic structural plasticity and downstream nuclear signaling. ..
- Ramakrishnan N, Green G, Pasha R, Drescher M, Swanson G, Perin P, et al. Voltage-gated Ca2+ channel Ca(V)1.3 subunit expressed in the hair cell epithelium of the sacculus of the trout Oncorhynchus mykiss: cloning and comparison across vertebrate classes. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2002;109:69-83 pubmed
- Ramadan O, Qu Y, Wadgaonkar R, Baroudi G, Karnabi E, Chahine M, et al. Phosphorylation of the consensus sites of protein kinase A on alpha1D L-type calcium channel. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5042-9 pubmed publisher..These novel findings provide new insights into the autonomic regulation of the alpha(1D) Ca(2+) channel in the heart. ..
- Grant L, Fuchs P. Calcium- and calmodulin-dependent inactivation of calcium channels in inner hair cells of the rat cochlea. J Neurophysiol. 2008;99:2183-93 pubmed publisher..CDI provides a means for the rate of spontaneous transmitter release to be adjusted to variations in hair cell resting potential and steady state calcium influx. ..
- Ihara Y, Yamada Y, Fujii Y, Gonoi T, Yano H, Yasuda K, et al. Molecular diversity and functional characterization of voltage-dependent calcium channels (CACN4) expressed in pancreatic beta-cells. Mol Endocrinol. 1995;9:121-30 pubmed..Furthermore, the present study suggests that the expression of the beta-subunit as well as the alpha 1-subunit may participate in the regulation of insulin secretion. ..
- Pinggera A, Lieb A, Benedetti B, Lampert M, Monteleone S, Liedl K, et al. CACNA1D de novo mutations in autism spectrum disorders activate Cav1.3 L-type calcium channels. Biol Psychiatry. 2015;77:816-22 pubmed publisher..A whole-exome sequencing study identified a de novo mutation, p.A749G, in Cav1.3 Î±1-subunits (CACNA1D), the second main LTCC in the brain, as 1 of 62 high risk-conferring mutations in a cohort of patients with ..
- Lei M, Goddard C, Liu J, Leoni A, Royer A, Fung S, et al. Sinus node dysfunction following targeted disruption of the murine cardiac sodium channel gene Scn5a. J Physiol. 2005;567:387-400 pubmed..The findings accordingly provide a basis for understanding of the role of cardiac-type Na+ channels in normal SAN function and the pathophysiology of sinus node dysfunction and suggest new potential targets for its clinical management. ..
- Engel J, Braig C, Ruttiger L, Kuhn S, Zimmermann U, Blin N, et al. Two classes of outer hair cells along the tonotopic axis of the cochlea. Neuroscience. 2006;143:837-49 pubmed..Our findings propose new mechanisms and candidate genes for explaining high and low frequency hearing loss. ..
- Park H, Jung H, Choi K, Baik J, Rhim H. Direct interaction and functional coupling between voltage-gated CaV1.3 Ca2+ channel and GABAB receptor subunit 2. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:3317-22 pubmed publisher..3 currents and intracellular Ca2+ via CaV1.3, but not CaV1.2. These results show a physical and functional interaction between CaV1.3 and GABABR, suggesting the potential pivotal roles of CaV1.3 in the CNS. ..
- Sandoval A, Duran P, Gandini M, Andrade A, Almanza A, Kaja S, et al. Regulation of L-type CaV1.3 channel activity and insulin secretion by the cGMP-PKG signaling pathway. Cell Calcium. 2017;66:1-9 pubmed publisher..These findings unveil a novel mechanism for how the cGMP-PKG signaling pathway may regulate CaV1.3 channels and contribute to regulate insulin secretion. ..
- Yu A, Hebert S, Brenner B, Lytton J. Molecular characterization and nephron distribution of a family of transcripts encoding the pore-forming subunit of Ca2+ channels in the kidney. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1992;89:10494-8 pubmed..One gene, CaCh4, is expressed primarily in the cortex, and by microdissected-tubule PCR was found predominantly in the distal convoluted tubule, consistent with a role in transepithelial Ca2+ reabsorption at this site. ..
- Kamp T, Mitas M, Fields K, Asoh S, Chin H, Marban E, et al. Transcriptional regulation of the neuronal L-type calcium channel alpha 1D subunit gene. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 1995;15:307-26 pubmed..7. These results provide the initial description of the transcriptional regulation of the RB alpha 1D gene and identify a novel enhancer that consists of an (ATG)7 trinucleotide repeat sequence. ..
- Luo Y, Jiang R. [Expressions of Cav1.3 and RyR1 in the corpus cavernosum of the penis in aged rats]. Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue. 2009;15:985-9 pubmed..05), and RyR1 mRNA (mean gray value = 0.146 +/- 0.053 vs 1.215 +/- 0.261, P < 0.05). Reduced expressions of Cav1.3 and RyR1 in the corpus cavernosum of the penis may be one of the mechanisms underlying age-related ED in aged rats. ..
- Morgan E, Mace O, Helliwell P, Affleck J, Kellett G. A role for Ca(v)1.3 in rat intestinal calcium absorption. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;312:487-93 pubmed..25 mM Ca(2+): absorption was therefore channel-mediated rather than paracellular. We suggest that in times of dietary sufficiency, Ca(v)1.3 may mediate a significant route of Ca(2+) absorption into the body. ..
- Mace O, Morgan E, Affleck J, Lister N, Kellett G. Calcium absorption by Cav1.3 induces terminal web myosin II phosphorylation and apical GLUT2 insertion in rat intestine. J Physiol. 2007;580:605-16 pubmed
- Zhu J, Luo H, Chen L, Zhou T. [Altered expression of L-type calcium channel alpha1C and alpha1D subunits in colon of rats with diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2009;89:2713-7 pubmed..In addition, Cav1.3 may play a more important role than Cav1.2 in colonic contractility. It offers another potential therapeutic target in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome. ..
- Núñez Santana F, Oh M, Antion M, Lee A, Hell J, Disterhoft J. Surface L-type Ca2+ channel expression levels are increased in aged hippocampus. Aging Cell. 2014;13:111-20 pubmed publisher..2 on the plasma membrane of hippocampal neurons. Rather, increased expression and density of LTCCs on the plasma membrane may underlie the age-related increase in L-type Ca(2+) channel activity in CA1 pyramidal neurons. ..
- Zhang H, Fu Y, Altier C, Platzer J, Surmeier D, Bezprozvanny I. Ca1.2 and CaV1.3 neuronal L-type calcium channels: differential targeting and signaling to pCREB. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;23:2297-310 pubmed..3 channels play a more important role in pCREB signaling in striatal medium spiny neurons than in hippocampal neurons. Our results provide novel insights into the function of CaV1.2 and CaV1.3 L-type Ca2+ channels in the brain. ..
- Limpitikul W, Dick I, Ben Johny M, Yue D. An autism-associated mutation in CaV1.3 channels has opposing effects on voltage- and Ca(2+)-dependent regulation. Sci Rep. 2016;6:27235 pubmed publisher..When combined, these regulatory deficits appear to increase the intracellular Ca(2+) concentration, thus potentially disrupting neuronal development and synapse formation, ultimately leading to ASD. ..
- Uhrig S, Vandael D, Marcantoni A, Dedic N, Bilbao A, Vogt M, et al. Differential Roles for L-Type Calcium Channel Subtypes in Alcohol Dependence. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2017;42:1058-1069 pubmed publisher..2 and Cav1.3 remains unknown. Here, we determined changes in Cav1.2 (Cacna1c) and Cav1.3 (Cacna1d) mRNA and protein expression in alcohol-dependent rats during protracted abstinence and naive controls using in ..
- Bell D, Butcher A, Berrow N, Page K, Brust P, Nesterova A, et al. Biophysical properties, pharmacology, and modulation of human, neuronal L-type (alpha(1D), Ca(V)1.3) voltage-dependent calcium currents. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:816-27 pubmed
- Yang S, Larsson O, Branstrom R, Bertorello A, Leibiger B, Leibiger I, et al. Syntaxin 1 interacts with the L(D) subtype of voltage-gated Ca(2+) channels in pancreatic beta cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:10164-9 pubmed..This suggests that there is a structure-function relationship between the alpha(1D) subunit of the L type Ca(2+) channel and the exocytotic machinery in the pancreatic beta cell. ..
- Rehn M, Bader S, Bell A, Diener M. Distribution of voltage-dependent and intracellular Ca2+ channels in submucosal neurons from rat distal colon. Cell Tissue Res. 2013;353:355-66 pubmed publisher..Thus, rat submucosal neurons are equipped with various types of high-voltage activated Ca(v) channels and with IP3 receptors for intracellular Ca2+ signaling. ..
- Schuster S, Doudnikoff E, Rylander D, Berthet A, Aubert I, Ittrich C, et al. Antagonizing L-type Ca2+ channel reduces development of abnormal involuntary movement in the rat model of L-3,4-dihydroxyphenylalanine-induced dyskinesia. Biol Psychiatry. 2009;65:518-26 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that isradipine, at a therapeutically relevant dose, might represent a treatment option for preventing L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in PD. ..
- Veng L, Mesches M, Browning M. Age-related working memory impairment is correlated with increases in the L-type calcium channel protein alpha1D (Cav1.3) in area CA1 of the hippocampus and both are ameliorated by chronic nimodipine treatment. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;110:193-202 pubmed..These findings may have implications for patients with Alzheimer's disease, who show increased L-VSCC protein expression in the hippocampus, and for patients receiving chronic treatment with L-VSCC antagonists. ..
- LichvÃ¡rovÃ¡ L, LacinovÃ¡ Ä. Ca(V)1.2 and Ca(V)1.3 L-type calcium channels regulate the resting membrane potential but not the expression of calcium transporters in differentiated PC12 cells. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2015;34:157-65 pubmed publisher..LTCC subtypes was downregulated by transfection of NGF-differentiated PC12 cells with siRNA for either CACNA1C or CACNA1D gene. Efficiency of gene silencing was verified by RT-PCR and by functional essay...
- Karnabi E, Qu Y, Mancarella S, Yue Y, Wadgaonkar R, Boutjdir M. Silencing of Cav1.2 gene in neonatal cardiomyocytes by lentiviral delivered shRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;384:409-14 pubmed publisher..This novel approach allows for the assessments of the roles of alpha1C and alpha1D Ca channels in native myocytes and could be used to examine their roles in physiological and pathological settings. ..
- Reinbothe T, Alkayyali S, Ahlqvist E, Tuomi T, Isomaa B, Lyssenko V, et al. The human L-type calcium channel Cav1.3 regulates insulin release and polymorphisms in CACNA1D associate with type 2 diabetes. Diabetologia. 2013;56:340-9 pubmed publisher..exocytosis was monitored as increases in cell capacitance after treatment with small interfering (si)RNA against CACNA1D (which encodes Cav1.3)...
- Lieb A, Scharinger A, Sartori S, Sinnegger Brauns M, Striessnig J. Structural determinants of CaV1.3 L-type calcium channel gating. Channels (Austin). 2012;6:197-205 pubmed publisher..3(scg) mutations in rat superior cervical ganglion preparations. However, the rCa(v)1.3(scg) variant provided interesting insight into the structural machinery involved in Ca(v)1.3 gating. ..