Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C6
Description: complement C6
Alias: complement component C6, complement component 6
- Ramaglia V, Tannemaat M, de Kok M, Wolterman R, Vigar M, King R, et al. Complement inhibition accelerates regeneration in a model of peripheral nerve injury. Mol Immunol. 2009;47:302-9 pubmed publisher..Here we show that genetic deficiency of the sixth C component, C6, accelerates axonal regeneration and recovery in a rat model of sciatic nerve injury...
- Spicer S, Tran G, Killingsworth M, Carter N, Power D, Paizis K, et al. Induction of passive Heymann nephritis in complement component 6-deficient PVG rats. J Immunol. 2007;179:172-8 pubmed..This study examined whether C6 and MAC are essential to the development of proteinuria in PHN by comparing the effect of injection of anti-Fx1A ..
- Sta M, Cappaert N, Ramekers D, Ramaglia V, Wadman W, Baas F. C6 deficiency does not alter intrinsic regeneration speed after peripheral nerve crush injury. Neurosci Res. 2014;87:26-32 pubmed publisher..We previously described that deficiency for complement component C6, which prevents formation of the membrane attack complex, slows down degeneration and results in an ..
- Chamberlain Banoub J, Neal J, Mizuno M, Harris C, Morgan B. Complement membrane attack is required for endplate damage and clinical disease in passive experimental myasthenia gravis in Lewis rats. Clin Exp Immunol. 2006;146:278-86 pubmed..Rats deficient in C6, an essential component of the MAC, were resistant to disease induction and endplate destruction was reduced ..
- Mason G, Murray R, Pappin D, Rivett A. Phosphorylation of ATPase subunits of the 26S proteasome. FEBS Lett. 1998;430:269-74 pubmed..Some differences were observed in the 2D-PAGE pattern of proteasomes immunoprecipitated from cultured cells compared to purified rat liver 26S proteasomes suggesting possible differences in subunit compositions of 26S proteasomes. ..
- Baker P, Ochi R, Schulze M, Johnson R, Campbell C, Couser W. Depletion of C6 prevents development of proteinuria in experimental membranous nephropathy in rats. Am J Pathol. 1989;135:185-94 pubmed..indistinguishable from membranous nephropathy in man (passive Heymann nephritis [PHN]), an antibody to rat C6 was used to deplete C6 levels to less than 5% of pretreatment values (C6D) during disease development...
- Buras J, Rice L, Orlow D, Pavlides S, Reenstra W, Ceonzo K, et al. Inhibition of C5 or absence of C6 protects from sepsis mortality. Immunobiology. 2004;209:629-35 pubmed..024). Finally, rats genetically deficient in C6 production, unable to form MAC but capable of producing C5a and C5b, were protected from CLP-induced sepsis ..
- Ren G, Huynh C, Bijian K, Cybulsky A. Role of apoptosis signal-regulating kinase 1 in complement-mediated glomerular epithelial cell injury. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:2236-46 pubmed publisher..e. when ASK1 is overexpressed, p38 activation is amplified, and C5b-9 assembly leads to GEC injury via ASK1 and p38. The present study thus defines a novel role for ASK1 as a mediator of C5b-9-dependent cell injury. ..
- Nakashima S, Qian Z, Rahimi S, Wasowska B, Baldwin W. Membrane attack complex contributes to destruction of vascular integrity in acute lung allograft rejection. J Immunol. 2002;169:4620-7 pubmed..We used C6-deficient rats to investigate whether MAC causes injury to lung allografts. PVG...
- Nangaku M, Pippin J, Couser W. C6 mediates chronic progression of tubulointerstitial damage in rats with remnant kidneys. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2002;13:928-36 pubmed..Five-sixths nephrectomies were performed for normocomplementemic control and C6-deficient PVG rats...
- Ruseva M, Hughes T, Donev R, Sivasankar B, Pickering M, Wu X, et al. Crry deficiency in complement sufficient mice: C3 consumption occurs without associated renal injury. Mol Immunol. 2009;46:803-11 pubmed publisher..of Crry(-/-) erythrocytes to normal mouse serum caused C3 deposition and lysis, while transfusion into normal or C6(-/-) mice resulted in rapid clearance. Complement activity and C3 levels in Crry(-/-) mice were markedly reduced...
- Brauer R, Baldwin W, Wang D, Horwitz L, Hess A, Klein A, et al. Hepatic and extrahepatic biosynthesis of complement factor C6 in the rat. J Immunol. 1994;153:3168-76 pubmedThe relative contributions of liver and bone marrow (BM) constituents to systemic C6 production were compared in a rat model...