Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: C3ar1
Description: complement C3a receptor 1
Alias: C3a anaphylatoxin chemotactic receptor, C3AR, C3a-R, complement component 3a receptor 1
- Proctor L, Strachan A, Woodruff T, Mahadevan I, Williams H, Shiels I, et al. Complement inhibitors selectively attenuate injury following administration of cobra venom factor to rats. Int Immunopharmacol. 2006;6:1224-32 pubmed
- Ikeda K, Fukuda N, Ueno T, Endo M, Kobayashi N, Soma M, et al. Role of complement 3a in the growth of mesangial cells from stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats. Clin Exp Hypertens. 2014;36:58-63 pubmed publisher..The C3 and C3a receptor system may primarily be involved in the pathogenesis of renal remodeling in hypertensive rats. ..
- Sun S, Wang H, Zhao G, An Y, Guo Y, Du L, et al. Complement inhibition alleviates paraquat-induced acute lung injury. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;45:834-42 pubmed publisher..Expression of the anaphylatoxin receptors, C3aR and C5aR, was also increased...
- Feild J, Foley J, Testa T, Nuthulaganti P, Ellis C, Sarau H, et al. Cloning and characterization of a rabbit ortholog of human Galpha16 and mouse G(alpha)15. FEBS Lett. 1999;460:53-6 pubmed..By nucleotide sequence homology and functional activity the rabbit G(alpha) subunit appears to be the ortholog of human G(alpha)16 and mouse G(alpha)15. ..
- Pucheu Haston C, Copeland L, Vallanat B, Boykin E, Ward M. Biomarkers of acute respiratory allergen exposure: screening for sensitization potential. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2010;244:144-55 pubmed publisher..Of these, 6 demonstrated persistently increased expression (Ccl17, Ccl22, Ccl7, Cxcl10, Cxcl2, Saa1), while C3ar1 increased from 6-24 h...
- Lajoie S, Lewkowich I, Suzuki Y, Clark J, Sproles A, Dienger K, et al. Complement-mediated regulation of the IL-17A axis is a central genetic determinant of the severity of experimental allergic asthma. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:928-35 pubmed publisher..complement factor 5 (C5) or the complement receptor C5aR mounted robust IL-17A responses, whereas mice deficient in C3aR had fewer IL-17-producing helper T cells (T(H)17 cells) and less AHR after allergen challenge...
- Sohn J, Bora P, Suk H, Molina H, Kaplan H, Bora N. Tolerance is dependent on complement C3 fragment iC3b binding to antigen-presenting cells. Nat Med. 2003;9:206-12 pubmed..These observations may extend to the development of both neonatal tolerance and other forms of acquired tolerance. ..
- Fregonese L, Swan F, van Schadewijk A, Dolhnikoff M, Santos M, Daha M, et al. Expression of the anaphylatoxin receptors C3aR and C5aR is increased in fatal asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005;115:1148-54 pubmed..the involvement of the anaphylatoxins C3a and C5a, generated during complement activation, and their receptors C3aR and C5aR in the pathogenesis of asthma...
- Proctor L, Moore T, Monk P, Sanderson S, Taylor S, Woodruff T. Complement factors C3a and C5a have distinct hemodynamic effects in the rat. Int Immunopharmacol. 2009;9:800-6 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we have investigated C3a receptor (C3aR) activation in the rat, using recombinant human C3a, the C3aR agonist WWGKKYRASKLGLAR, which is a C-terminal ..
- Li L, Yin Q, Tang X, Bai L, Zhang J, Gou S, et al. C3a receptor antagonist ameliorates inflammatory and fibrotic signals in type 2 diabetic nephropathy by suppressing the activation of TGF-Î²/smad3 and IKBÎ± pathway. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e113639 pubmed publisher..CREA), blood urea nitrogen (BUN) and urine albumin excretion (UACR), as well as increased levels of C3a, C3aR, IL-6, p-IKBÎ±, collagen I, TGF-Î² and p-Smad3 in the kidney of T2DM rats and C3a-treated HRGECs...
- Hannedouche S, Beck V, Leighton Davies J, Beibel M, Roma G, Oakeley E, et al. Identification of the C3a receptor (C3AR1) as the target of the VGF-derived peptide TLQP-21 in rodent cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:27434-43 pubmed publisher..using a series of defined receptor antagonists and siRNAs led to the identification of complement C3a receptor-1 (C3AR1) as a target for TLQP-21 in rodents...
- Tschernig T, Kiafard Z, Dibbert C, Neumann D, Zwirner J. Use of monoclonal antibodies to assess expression of anaphylatoxin receptors in rat and murine models of lung inflammation. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2007;58:419-25 pubmed..Besides their expression in leukocytes, receptors for C3a and C5a (C3aR and C5aR) have been noted in alveolar and bronchial epithelial cells, bronchial smooth muscle cells as well as in ..
- Mueller Ortiz S, Hollmann T, Haviland D, Wetsel R. Ablation of the complement C3a anaphylatoxin receptor causes enhanced killing of Pseudomonas aeruginosa in a mouse model of pneumonia. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2006;291:L157-65 pubmed..C3a mediates numerous biological functions on binding its receptor (C3aR), which is present on both myeloid and nonmyeloid cells...
- Benard M, Raoult E, Vaudry D, Leprince J, Falluel Morel A, Gonzalez B, et al. Role of complement anaphylatoxin receptors (C3aR, C5aR) in the development of the rat cerebellum. Mol Immunol. 2008;45:3767-74 pubmed publisher..In particular, it has been recently reported that the anaphylatoxin receptors C3aR and C5aR are transiently expressed in the cerebellar cortex of newborn rat, suggesting that anaphylatoxins are ..