Gene Symbol: brevican
Alias: ALPBRE, BEHAB, brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein, brevican (brain specific proteoglycan in the aggrecan family), brevican core protein
- cDNA cloning and the identification of an aggrecanase-like cleavage site in rat brevicanH Yamada
Cancer Research Center, La Jolla Cancer Research Foundation, CA 92037, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 216:957-63. 1995..In the adult brain, the brevican core protein undergoes proteolytic cleavage and exists as a 145-kDa full-length form and an 80-kDa C-terminal fragment...
- Brevican-containing perineuronal nets of extracellular matrix in dissociated hippocampal primary culturesNora John
Department for Neurochemistry and Molecular Biology, Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology Magdeburg, Germany
Mol Cell Neurosci 31:774-84. 2006..b>Brevican, a chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan, is an integral component of PNN...
- Altered production and proteolytic processing of brevican by transforming growth factor beta in cultured astrocytesMichelle G Hamel
University of South Florida College of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Neurochem 93:1533-41. 2005b>Brevican, a proteoglycan of the lectican family, inhibits neurite outgrowth and may also stabilize synapses. Little is known about its expression or function in vitro...
- The effect of hypoxic-ischemic brain injury in perinatal rats on the abundance and proteolysis of brevican and NG2James Aya-ay
Shriners Hospital for Children, University of South Florida, MDC Box 9, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612 4799, USA
Exp Neurol 193:149-62. 2005..b>Brevican is an aggregating chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan (CSPG) secreted by OLs and their progenitors prior to and ..
- A novel membrane-associated glycovariant of BEHAB/brevican is up-regulated during rat brain development and in a rat model of invasive gliomaMariano S Viapiano
Department of Neurobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Biol Chem 278:33239-47. 2003BEHAB (brain-enriched hyaluronan-binding protein)/brevican is the most abundant chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan in the extracellular matrix of the adult rat brain...
- Changes in distribution, cell associations, and protein expression levels of NG2, neurocan, phosphacan, brevican, versican V2, and tenascin-C during acute to chronic maturation of spinal cord scar tissueXiufeng Tang
Department of Neurosurgery, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci Res 71:427-44. 2003..neurocan, NG2, and 250/200 kD tenascin-C were reached at 8 days, with maximum levels of phosphacan and 140/80 kD brevican attained later, at 1 month post injury...
- Association between protease-specific proteolytic cleavage of brevican and synaptic loss in the dentate gyrus of kainate-treated ratsW Yuan
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, University of South Florida College of Medicine, MDC Box 9, 12901 Bruce B Downs Boulevard, Tampa 33612 4799, USA
Neuroscience 114:1091-101. 2002..with thrombospondin motifs)-mediated cleavage of the aggregating chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan, brevican, have been identified, but not localized in the CNS...
- The C-type lectin domains of lecticans, a family of aggregating chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans, bind tenascin-R by protein-protein interactions independent of carbohydrate moietyA Aspberg
The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:10116-21. 1997The lecticans are a family of chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans including aggrecan, versican, neurocan, and brevican. The C-terminal globular domains of lecticans are structurally related to selectins, consisting of a C-type lectin domain ..
- Brevican, a chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan of rat brain, occurs as secreted and cell surface glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored isoformsC I Seidenbecher
Federal Institute for Neurobiology, Magdeburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 270:27206-12. 1995..6 kilobases (kb). The 3.6-kb transcript encodes a polypeptide that exhibits 82% sequence identity with bovine brevican and is thought to be the rat ortholog of brevican...
- BEHAB, a new member of the proteoglycan tandem repeat family of hyaluronan-binding proteins that is restricted to the brainD M Jaworski
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Neurobiology, New Haven, Connecticut 06510
J Cell Biol 125:495-509. 1994..We propose the name BEHAB, Brain Enriched HyAluronan Binding protein, for this gene...
- Versican and brevican are expressed with distinct pathology in neonatal hypoxic-ischemic injuryChristopher C Leonardo
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Basic Biomedical Sciences, College of Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida, USA
J Neurosci Res 86:1106-14. 2008..The main objectives of this study were to examine the expression profiles of brevican and versican in rat using a standard H-I model and to determine whether altered expression was associated with ..