Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bmpr1b
Description: bone morphogenetic protein receptor type 1B
Alias: CFK-43a, bone morphogenetic protein receptor type-1B, bone morphogenetic protein binding serine/threonine kinase receptor, bone morphogenetic protein receptor, type IB
- Mazerbourg S, Sangkuhl K, Luo C, Sudo S, Klein C, Hsueh A. Identification of receptors and signaling pathways for orphan bone morphogenetic protein/growth differentiation factor ligands based on genomic analyses. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32122-32 pubmed..Thus, the present approach provides a genomic paradigm for matching paralogous polypeptide ligands with a limited number of evolutionarily related receptors capable of activating specific downstream Smad proteins. ..
- Degenkolbe E, König J, Zimmer J, Walther M, Reißner C, Nickel J, et al. A GDF5 point mutation strikes twice--causing BDA1 and SYNS2. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003846 pubmed publisher..These novel insights into the biology of GDF5 might also provide further clues on the pathophysiology of OA. ..
- Itoh S, Kanno S, Gai Z, Suemoto H, Kawakatsu M, Tanishima H, et al. Trps1 plays a pivotal role downstream of Gdf5 signaling in promoting chondrogenesis and apoptosis of ATDC5 cells. Genes Cells. 2008;13:355-63 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Trps1 acts downstream of the Gdf5 signaling pathway and promotes the differentiation and apoptosis of ATDC5 cells. ..
- Murali D, Yoshikawa S, Corrigan R, Plas D, Crair M, Oliver G, et al. Distinct developmental programs require different levels of Bmp signaling during mouse retinal development. Development. 2005;132:913-23 pubmed..Further reduction of Bmp receptor activity by removing one functional copy of another Bmp type I receptor gene, Bmpr1b, in the retina-specific Bmpr1a mutant background, results in abnormal retinal dorsoventral patterning...
- Inman G, Nicolás F, Callahan J, Harling J, Gaster L, Reith A, et al. SB-431542 is a potent and specific inhibitor of transforming growth factor-beta superfamily type I activin receptor-like kinase (ALK) receptors ALK4, ALK5, and ALK7. Mol Pharmacol. 2002;62:65-74 pubmed..SB-431542 has no effect on components of the ERK, JNK, or p38 MAP kinase pathways or on components of the signaling pathways activated in response to serum. ..
- Yi S, LaPolt P, Yoon B, Chen J, Lu J, Lyons K. The type I BMP receptor BmprIB is essential for female reproductive function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7994-9 pubmed
- Babitt J, Huang F, Wrighting D, Xia Y, Sidis Y, Samad T, et al. Bone morphogenetic protein signaling by hemojuvelin regulates hepcidin expression. Nat Genet. 2006;38:531-9 pubmed..Our data suggest a mechanism by which HFE2 mutations cause hemochromatosis: hemojuvelin dysfunction decreases BMP signaling, thereby lowering hepcidin expression. ..
- Lavery K, Swain P, Falb D, Alaoui Ismaili M. BMP-2/4 and BMP-6/7 differentially utilize cell surface receptors to induce osteoblastic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20948-58 pubmed publisher..b>BMPR1B and ACVR2B were expressed at low levels and were not found to play a significant role in signaling by any of the ..
- Visser J, Olaso R, Verhoef Post M, Kramer P, Themmen A, Ingraham H. The serine/threonine transmembrane receptor ALK2 mediates Müllerian inhibiting substance signaling. Mol Endocrinol. 2001;15:936-45 pubmed..The use of this ubiquitously expressed type I receptor underscores the role of the MIS ligand and the MIS type II receptor in establishing the specificity of the MIS signaling cascade. ..
- Graul Neumann L, Deichsel A, Wille U, Kakar N, Koll R, Bassir C, et al. Homozygous missense and nonsense mutations in BMPR1B cause acromesomelic chondrodysplasia-type Grebe. Eur J Hum Genet. 2014;22:726-33 pubmed publisher..157T>C, p.(C53R)) or nonsense (c.657G>A, p.(W219*)) mutations in BMPR1B. Homozygous affected individuals show clinical and radiographic findings consistent with ACD-type Grebe...