Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bhlhe41
Description: basic helix-loop-helix family, member e41
Alias: Bhlhb3, Dec2, SHARP-1, Sharp1, class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 41, LOW QUALITY PROTEIN: class E basic helix-loop-helix protein 41, basic helix-loop-helix domain containing, class B3, enhancer-of-split and hairy-related protein 1
- Butler M, Honma S, Fukumoto T, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K, Noshiro M, et al. Dec1 and Dec2 expression is disrupted in the suprachiasmatic nuclei of Clock mutant mice. J Biol Rhythms. 2004;19:126-34 pubmedDEC1 and DEC2 are basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors that functionally resemble negative feedback components of the mammalian circadian clock...
- Hamaguchi H, Fujimoto K, Kawamoto T, Noshiro M, Maemura K, Takeda N, et al. Expression of the gene for Dec2, a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor, is regulated by a molecular clock system. Biochem J. 2004;382:43-50 pubmedb>Dec2, a member of the basic helix-loop-helix superfamily, is a recently confirmed regulatory protein for the clockwork system...
- Sato F, Kawamoto T, Fujimoto K, Noshiro M, Honda K, Honma S, et al. Functional analysis of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor DEC1 in circadian regulation. Interaction with BMAL1. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:4409-19 pubmed..Moreover, mutant DEC1 also counteracted DEC2-mediated suppressive activity in a dominant-negative manner...
- Wu T, Ni Y, Zhuge F, Sun L, Xu B, Kato H, et al. Significant dissociation of expression patterns of the basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors Dec1 and Dec2 in rat kidney. J Exp Biol. 2011;214:1257-63 pubmed publisherDec1 and Dec2 are regulators of the mammalian molecular clock that show robust circadian rhythms in the suprachiasmatic nucleus and various peripheral tissues...
- Rossner M, Dorr J, Gass P, Schwab M, Nave K. SHARPs: mammalian enhancer-of-split- and hairy-related proteins coupled to neuronal stimulation. Mol Cell Neurosci. 1997;10:460-75 pubmed..This suggests that neuronal bHLH proteins are also involved in the "adaptive" changes of mature CNS neurons which are coupled to glutamatergic stimulation. ..