Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bcl2
Description: BCL2, apoptosis regulator
Alias: Bcl-2, apoptosis regulator Bcl-2, B cell lymphoma 2 associated oncogene, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 2, B-cell leukemia/lymphoma 2, Bcl-2alpha, Bcl2-like protein
Publications105 found, 100 shown here
- Krajewski S, Tanaka S, Takayama S, Schibler M, Fenton W, Reed J. Investigation of the subcellular distribution of the bcl-2 oncoprotein: residence in the nuclear envelope, endoplasmic reticulum, and outer mitochondrial membranes. Cancer Res. 1993;53:4701-14 pubmed
- Nakayama K, Negishi I, Kuida K, Sawa H, Loh D. Targeted disruption of Bcl-2 alpha beta in mice: occurrence of gray hair, polycystic kidney disease, and lymphocytopenia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:3700-4 pubmed..Surprisingly, the nervous system, intestines, and skin appear normal despite the fact that these organs show high levels of endogenous Bcl-2 expression in normal mice. ..
- Nakayama K, Negishi I, Kuida K, Shinkai Y, Louie M, Fields L, et al. Disappearance of the lymphoid system in Bcl-2 homozygous mutant chimeric mice. Science. 1993;261:1584-8 pubmed..T and B cells with no Bcl-2 disappeared from the bone marrow, thymus, and periphery by 4 weeks of age. Thus, Bcl-2 was dispensable for lymphocyte maturation, but was required for a stable immune system after birth. ..
- Wang K, Yin X, Chao D, Milliman C, Korsmeyer S. BID: a novel BH3 domain-only death agonist. Genes Dev. 1996;10:2859-69 pubmed..This BH3-only molecule supports BH3 as a death domain and favors a model in which BID represents a death ligand for the membrane-bound receptor BAX. ..
- Knudson C, Korsmeyer S. Bcl-2 and Bax function independently to regulate cell death. Nat Genet. 1997;16:358-63 pubmed..In contrast, overexpression of Bcl-2 still repressed apoptosis in the absence of Bax. While an in vivo competition exists between Bax and Bcl-2, each is able to regulate apoptosis independently. ..
- Jurgensmeier J, Xie Z, Deveraux Q, Ellerby L, Bredesen D, Reed J. Bax directly induces release of cytochrome c from isolated mitochondria. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4997-5002 pubmed
- Noh H, Shin I, Ha J, Hah Y, Baek S, Kim D. Propofol protects the autophagic cell death induced by the ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Mol Cells. 2010;30:455-60 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that propofol protects the autophagic cell death induced by the myocardial I/R injury. ..
- Castren E, Ohga Y, Berzaghi M, Tzimagiorgis G, Thoenen H, Lindholm D. bcl-2 messenger RNA is localized in neurons of the developing and adult rat brain. Neuroscience. 1994;61:165-77 pubmed..Brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which supports survival of cultured cerebellar granule neurons, failed to influence the levels of bcl-2 messenger RNA in these cultures. ..
- Zup S, Forger N. Testosterone regulates BCL-2 immunoreactivity in a sexually dimorphic motor pool of adult rats. Brain Res. 2002;950:312-6 pubmed..Changes in Bcl-2 expression may underlie the hormonal control of cell death and/or neural plasticity in SNB motoneurons. ..
- Yamanaka M, Shirai M, Shiina H, Shirai M, Tanaka Y, Fujime M, et al. Loss of anti-apoptotic genes in aging rat crura. J Urol. 2002;168:2296-300 pubmed..To our knowledge this is the first report to show the loss of anti-apoptotic factors in aging rat crura and suggest their role in the pathogenesis of aging erectile dysfunction. ..
- Corsetti G, Pasini E, Assanelli D, Saligari E, Adobati M, Bianchi R. Acute caffeine administration decreased NOS and Bcl2 expression in rat skeletal muscles. Pharmacol Res. 2007;55:96-103 pubmed..We studied the hemodynamic and NOS expression of Bax/Bcl2 in skeletal muscle after single Caf administration...
- Sohrabi M, Kalati F, Vatansever S, Abbasi M, Roshangar L, Khaki A, et al. Effect of dietary and topical Celecoxib on expression of bcl-2, bax, c-erb-B2 and Ki67 in carcinogen-induced tongue carcinoma in rat. Pak J Biol Sci. 2009;12:750-7 pubmed..5 months rats initiated with 30 ppm 4-nitroquinoline-1-oxide. The immunohistochemical expression of Ki-67, bcl2, bax and c-erb-B2 were also examined for analysis of the effects of Celecoxib on tongue carcinogenesis...
- Gao F, Hu X, Xie X, Xu Q, Wang Y, Liu X, et al. Heat shock protein 90 protects rat mesenchymal stem cells against hypoxia and serum deprivation-induced apoptosis via the PI3K/Akt and ERK1/2 pathways. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2010;11:608-17 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrated a novel and effective treatment strategy against MSC apoptosis in cell transplantation. ..
- He C, Bassik M, Moresi V, Sun K, Wei Y, Zou Z, et al. Exercise-induced BCL2-regulated autophagy is required for muscle glucose homeostasis. Nature. 2012;481:511-5 pubmed publisher..These mice (termed BCL2 AAA mice) contain knock-in mutations in BCL2 phosphorylation sites (Thr69Ala, Ser70Ala and Ser84Ala) that prevent ..
- Xia X, Guo L, Su J, Fang X. [Effect of letrozole on endometrosis and apoptosis of ectopic endometrial cells in rats]. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2013;38:54-9 pubmed publisher..05). Letrozole can obviously reduce the size of ectopic implant through decreasing P450arom and COX-2 expression, suppressing the secretion of estrogen, inhibiting the proliferation, and inducing the apoptosis of ectopic implants. ..
- Yao Q, Ye X, Wang L, Gu J, Fu T, Wang Y, et al. Protective effect of curcumin on chemotherapy-induced intestinal dysfunction. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2013;6:2342-9 pubmed..The clinical administration of Curcumin may improve chemotherapy-induced intestinal dysfunction, thus increasing the clinical efficacy of chemotherapy. ..
- Zhu P, Zhao M, Li X, Fu Q, Zhou Z, Huang C, et al. Effect of low temperatures on BAX and BCL2 proteins in rats with spinal cord ischemia reperfusion injury. Genet Mol Res. 2015;14:10490-9 pubmed publisherWe evaluated changes in BAX and BCL2 expression levels after spinal cord ischemia/reperfusion injury (SCII) and hypothermia during operations in rats...
- Oakes S, Scorrano L, Opferman J, Bassik M, Nishino M, Pozzan T, et al. Proapoptotic BAX and BAK regulate the type 1 inositol trisphosphate receptor and calcium leak from the endoplasmic reticulum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:105-10 pubmed..These findings support a model in which BCL-2 family members regulate IP3R-1 phosphorylation to control the rate of ER Ca(2+) leak from intracellular stores. ..
- Adams J, Cory S. The Bcl-2 apoptotic switch in cancer development and therapy. Oncogene. 2007;26:1324-37 pubmed..Better understanding of the Bcl-2 family is clarifying its role in cancer development, revealing how conventional therapy works and stimulating the search for "BH3 mimetics" as a novel class of anticancer drugs. ..
- Chattopadhyay P, Chaudhury P, Wahi A. Ca2+ concentrations are key determinants of ischemia-reperfusion-induced apoptosis: significance for the molecular mechanism of Bcl-2 action. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2010;160:1968-77 pubmed publisher..Thus, Bcl-2-dependent reduction of Ca2+ is an important component of the anti-apoptotic program in ischemia-reperfusion injury. ..
- Cong G, Jia S, Luo C, Wang Y. [Folic acid prevents Bcl-2 hypomethylation in rats with hyperhomocysteinemia]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2012;41:268-72 pubmed..05) and reduced Bcl-2 mRNA expression (P < 0.05). Folic acid supplementation can prevents Bcl-2 hypomethylation in rats with hyperhomocysteinemia, resulting in a decreased Bcl-2 expression. ..
- Liu Y, Liu Y, Ma X, Xiao Y, Wang Y, Zhang M, et al. Hydrogen-rich saline attenuates skin ischemia/reperfusion induced apoptosis via regulating Bax/Bcl-2 ratio and ASK-1/JNK pathway. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2015;68:e147-56 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that hydrogen-rich saline could ameliorate ischemia/reperfusion injury and improve flap survival rate by inhibiting the apoptosis factor and, at the same time, promoting the expression of anti-apoptosis factor. ..
- Borner C. Diminished cell proliferation associated with the death-protective activity of Bcl-2. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:12695-8 pubmed..Moreover, a Bcl-2 mutant defective in death protection does not affect cell division. These findings indicate that Bcl-2 contributes to cell survival by diminishing the rate of cell proliferation. ..
- Kaufmann T, Schlipf S, Sanz J, Neubert K, Stein R, Borner C. Characterization of the signal that directs Bcl-x(L), but not Bcl-2, to the mitochondrial outer membrane. J Cell Biol. 2003;160:53-64 pubmed..These data define a new targeting sequence for the MOM and propose that Bcl-2 acts on several intracellular membranes whereas Bcl-x(L) specifically functions on the MOM. ..
- Niu Q, Wang L, Chen Y, Zhang H. [Relationship between apoptosis of rat hippocampus cells induced by aluminum and the copy of the bcl-2 as well as bax mRNA]. Wei Sheng Yan Jiu. 2005;34:671-3 pubmed..871, P < 0.01). Aluminum can induce apoptosis in rat hippocampus cells through the downwards regulation of bcl-2 mRNA, the upwards regulation of bax mRNA expression. ..
- Lan X, Qu H, Yao W, Zhang C. Granulocyte-colony stimulating factor inhibits neuronal apoptosis in a rat model of diabetic cerebral ischemia. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2008;216:117-26 pubmed..These results indicate that G-CSF partially increases neuronal survival by affecting apoptosis pathways. G-CSF provides a potential treatment for stroke and other neurological dysfunction accompanied by neuronal apoptosis. ..
- Lu Q, Hong W. Bcl2 enhances c-Myc-mediated MMP-2 expression of vascular smooth muscle cells. Cell Signal. 2009;21:1054-9 pubmed publisher..To better understand whether Bcl2 cooperate with c-Myc on MMP-2 function, our data show that although Bcl2 had no effect on the MMP-2 activity, the ..
- GALLOGLY M, Shelton M, Qanungo S, Pai H, Starke D, Hoppel C, et al. Glutaredoxin regulates apoptosis in cardiomyocytes via NFkappaB targets Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL: implications for cardiac aging. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:1339-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate diminution of Grx1 in elderly animals contributes to increased apoptotic susceptibility via regulation of NFkappaB function. ..
- Karmarkar S, Bottum K, Krager S, Tischkau S. ERK/MAPK is essential for endogenous neuroprotection in SCN2.2 cells. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23493 pubmed publisher..Caspase 3 activity was also measured. Activation of MAPK family members was determined by immunoblot. Bcl2, neuritin and Bid mRNA (by quantitative-PCR) and protein levels (by immunoblot) were also measured...
- Yuan D, Shen J, Yan Y, Wu X, Li A, Guo A, et al. Upregulated expression of SSTR1 is involved in neuronal apoptosis and is coupled to the reduction of bcl-2 following intracerebral hemorrhage in adult rats. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2014;34:951-61 pubmed publisher..All our findings suggested that up-regulated SSTR1 contributed to neuronal apoptosis after ICH, which was accompanied with reduced expression of bcl-2. ..
- Boot Handford R, Michaelidis T, Hillarby M, Zambelli A, Denton J, Hoyland J, et al. The bcl-2 knockout mouse exhibits marked changes in osteoblast phenotype and collagen deposition in bone as well as a mild growth plate phenotype. Int J Exp Pathol. 1998;79:329-35 pubmed..The results suggest an important role for Bcl-2 in controlling osteoblast phenotype and bone deposition in vivo. ..
- Zhang T, Hang J, Wen D, Hang Y, Sieber F. Hippocampus bcl-2 and bax expression and neuronal apoptosis after moderate hypothermic cardiopulmonary bypass in rats. Anesth Analg. 2006;102:1018-25 pubmed..In rats, moderate hypothermic CPB with hemodilution is associated with CA1 hippocampus bax and bcl-2 gene expression and neuronal apoptosis during the early post-CPB recovery period. ..
- Siddiqui I, Shukla Y, Adhami V, Sarfaraz S, Asim M, Hafeez B, et al. Suppression of NFkappaB and its regulated gene products by oral administration of green tea polyphenols in an autochthonous mouse prostate cancer model. Pharm Res. 2008;25:2135-42 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we analyzed Bax and Bcl2 levels in the dorsolateral prostate of TRAMP mice fed GTP and observed a shift in balance between Bax and Bcl2 ..
- Brunotto M, Zarate A, Barra J, Malberti A. Graph models for phenotype and genotype association between oral mucosa and submandibular gland tumorigenesis in rat. J Oral Pathol Med. 2009;38:463-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the design of randomized sampling of oral mucosa allows to validate these results and establish a reliable methodology for presumptive diagnosis or screening in the future. ..
- Tong X, Ding J, Yang J, Liu C, Zhang Y, Li S, et al. [The effect of protease-activated receptor2 on rat apoptotic cardiomyocytes underwent ischemia reperfusion injury]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2009;37:832-6 pubmed..PAR-2 agonist SLIGRL-NH2 could reduce myocardial apoptosis by upregulating the Bcl-2 and PAR-2 mRNA level and downregulating Bax expression in a dose-dependent manner in this rat I/R model. ..
- Sharawat S, Bakhshi R, Vishnubhatla S, Bakhshi S. High receptor tyrosine kinase (FLT3, KIT) transcript versus anti-apoptotic (BCL2) transcript ratio independently predicts inferior outcome in pediatric acute myeloid leukemia. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2015;54:56-64 pubmed publisherIn acute myeloid leukemia (AML), simultaneous expression of proliferative (FLT3, KIT) and anti-apoptotic genes (BCL2) is unknown...
- Chang H, Sheng J, Zhang L, Yue Z, Jiao B, Li J, et al. ROS-Induced Nuclear Translocation of Calpain-2 Facilitates Cardiomyocyte Apoptosis in Tail-Suspended Rats. J Cell Biochem. 2015;116:2258-69 pubmed publisher..Therefore, calpain-2 may represent a potentially therapeutic target for prevention of oxidative stress-associated cardiomyocyte apoptosis. ..
- Tanabe H, Eguchi Y, Kamada S, Martinou J, Tsujimoto Y. Susceptibility of cerebellar granule neurons derived from Bcl-2-deficient and transgenic mice to cell death. Eur J Neurosci. 1997;9:848-56 pubmed..These results indicate that Bcl-2 impedes neuronal cell death induced by various stimuli in a dose-dependent manner, and that endogenous levels of Bcl-2 are able to regulate neuronal cell survival in the central nervous system. ..
- Chen G, Lai P, Hu X, Lam I, Chak E, Chun Y, et al. Negative correlation between the ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 and the size of tumor treated by culture supernatants from Kupffer cells. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2002;19:457-64 pubmed..The ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 is a useful index to evaluate tumor apoptosis induced by Kupffer cells. Our experiment also suggests that alteration of the ratio of Bax to Bcl-2 may result from increased levels of iNOS and TNF alpha. ..
- Tesfaigzi Y, Harris J, Hotchkiss J, Harkema J. DNA synthesis and Bcl-2 expression during development of mucous cell metaplasia in airway epithelium of rats exposed to LPS. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2004;286:L268-74 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that preexisting and proliferating cells differentiate into mucous cells and compose LPS-induced metaplasia and that Bcl-2 does not have cell cycle regulatory function in these cells. ..
- Manna S, Chakraborty T, Ghosh B, Chatterjee M, Panda A, Srivastava S, et al. Dietary fish oil associated with increased apoptosis and modulated expression of Bax and Bcl-2 during 7,12-dimethylbenz(alpha)anthracene-induced mammary carcinogenesis in rats. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2008;79:5-14 pubmed publisher..05); however, corn oil treatment did not show these beneficial effects toward mammary preneoplasia. We conclude that fish oil has the potential to play a significant role in limiting mammary tumourigenesis in vivo. ..
- Zhai C, Tang H, Liang Y, Chen Z, Li Z, Ma Z. [Study of the effect of p53 and Bcl-2 protein expression in myocardial apoptosis in septic rats]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2008;20:733-6 pubmed..The change in the modulating genes p53 and Bcl-2 of apoptosis may serve as indicators of myocardial injury. p53 and Bcl-2 gene may be used as an interventional means in sepsis to change its outcome. ..
- Renton J, Xu N, Clark J, Hansen M. Interaction of neurotrophin signaling with Bcl-2 localized to the mitochondria and endoplasmic reticulum on spiral ganglion neuron survival and neurite growth. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2239-51 pubmed publisher..Additionally, Bcl-2 targeted to the mitochondria results in SGN death in the presence of neurotrophins. (c) 2010 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Markovic L, Todorović J, Stanković G, Radojevic S, Gvozdenovic E, Aritonović J, et al. Expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins in thyroid glands of rats in experimental thyroiditis. Folia Biol (Krakow). 2010;58:163-9 pubmed..These data suggest that the increased expression of Bax may contribute to the role of apoptosis in the pathogenesis of experimental thyroiditis. ..
- Prince P, Dhanasekar K, Rajakumar S. Preventive effects of vanillic acid on lipids, bax, bcl-2 and myocardial infarct size on isoproterenol-induced myocardial infarcted rats: a biochemical and in vitro study. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2011;11:58-66 pubmed publisher..The observed effects are due to free radical scavenging effects of vanillic acid. This study may have a significant impact on myocardial infarcted patients. ..
- Ulbrich F, Schallner N, Coburn M, Loop T, LagrÃ¨ze W, Biermann J, et al. Argon inhalation attenuates retinal apoptosis after ischemia/reperfusion injury in a time- and dose-dependent manner in rats. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e115984 pubmed publisher..Further studies need to evaluate Argon's possible role as a therapeutic option. ..
- Lam M, Dubyak G, Chen L, Nunez G, Miesfeld R, Distelhorst C. Evidence that BCL-2 represses apoptosis by regulating endoplasmic reticulum-associated Ca2+ fluxes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:6569-73 pubmed..These findings suggest that BCL-2 either directly or indirectly regulates the flux of Ca2+ across the ER membrane, thereby abrogating Ca2+ signaling of apoptosis. ..
- Erin N, Bronson S, Billingsley M. Calcium-dependent interaction of calcineurin with Bcl-2 in neuronal tissue. Neuroscience. 2003;117:541-55 pubmed..These data indicate that during times of cellular stress and damage, Bcl-2 targets activated calcineurin to specific compartments and substrates. ..
- Provenzano E, Hopper J, Giles G, Marr G, Venter D, Armes J. Biological markers that predict clinical recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast. Eur J Cancer. 2003;39:622-30 pubmed..These data identify clinically and biologically relevant subcategories of DCIS lesions, an essential basis for improving management. ..
- Sun Y, Su Q, Li L, Wang X, Lu Y, Liang J. MiR-486 regulates cardiomyocyte apoptosis by p53-mediated BCL-2 associated mitochondrial apoptotic pathway. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2017;17:119 pubmed publisher..Therefore, up-regulating miR-486 expression in cardiomyocytes can effectively reduce the activation of the BCL-2 associated mitochondrial apoptotic pathway, consequently protecting cardiomyocytes. ..
- Li Q, Dashwood W, Zhong X, Nakagama H, Dashwood R. Bcl-2 overexpression in PhIP-induced colon tumors: cloning of the rat Bcl-2 promoter and characterization of a pathway involving beta-catenin, c-Myc and E2F1. Oncogene. 2007;26:6194-202 pubmed..1% similarity with its human counterpart, BCL2. Bcl-2 promoter activity was increased in response to LiCl and exogenous beta-catenin, including oncogenic mutants ..
- Chen D, Schneider G, Martinou J, Tonegawa S. Bcl-2 promotes regeneration of severed axons in mammalian CNS. Nature. 1997;385:434-9 pubmed..Another anti-apoptotic drug, ZVAD, supported neuronal survival but did not promote axon regeneration in culture. This finding could lead to new strategies for the treatment of injuries to the CNS. ..
- Bas D, Abramovich D, Hernandez F, Tesone M. Altered expression of Bcl-2 and Bax in follicles within dehydroepiandrosterone-induced polycystic ovaries in rats. Cell Biol Int. 2011;35:423-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, an increase in ovarian apoptosis through an imbalance among the Bcl-2 family members may be involved in the transformation of growing follicles in cystic follicles in the ovaries from DHEA-induced PCOS rats. ..
- Sorenson C. Nuclear localization of beta-catenin and loss of apical brush border actin in cystic tubules of bcl-2 -/- mice. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:F210-7 pubmed..Therefore, an altered distribution of beta-catenin and actin, in kidneys from bcl-2 -/- mice, may indicate improper cell-cell interactions interfering with renal maturation and contributing to renal cyst formation. ..
- Tang X, Zhao J, Zhang Z, Zhang X, Song S. [Effect of naloxone on expression of Bcl-2 protein and tumor necrosis factor-alpha in rats with acute myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2005;17:430-2 pubmed..55+/-0.12) microg/L vs. (0.86+/-0.11) microg/L, P<0.01]. Naloxone can protect myocardium from AMIR injury by inhibiting the apoptosis of cardiomyocytes induced by TNF-alpha and up-regulating protein expression of bcl-2 gene. ..
- Carswell H, McBride M, Graham D, Dominiczak A, Macrae I. Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat. Methods Mol Med. 2005;104:49-74 pubmed..Sections are included on quantitative trait loci, mapping, and congenic strain construction for the identification of genetic determinants of stroke sensitivity in the SHRSP. ..
- Bhattacharjee M, Acharya S, Ghosh A, Sarkar P, Chatterjee S, Kumar P, et al. Bax and Bid act in synergy to bring about T11TS-mediated glioma apoptosis via the release of mitochondrial cytochrome c and subsequent caspase activation. Int Immunol. 2008;20:1489-505 pubmed publisher..The present work focuses on the mechanistic approach of how T11TS mediates apoptosis and hence is the first approach of its kind in the field of immunology where the immunotherapeutic molecule's mode of action has been worked out. ..
- Lu C, Shi Y, Jiao R, Kong Y, Yao L. [Study on protective effect of vitamin E for ovarian grandlose cells and its mechanism in aged rats]. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi. 2009;25:565-8 pubmed..05), the level of MDA expression significantly decreased (P < 0.01). VE can regulate apoptosis-related protein Bcl-2, Bax expression and confront free radical damage which contribute to a protective effect for ovarian grandiose cells. ..
- Tilly J, Tilly K, Kenton M, Johnson A. Expression of members of the bcl-2 gene family in the immature rat ovary: equine chorionic gonadotropin-mediated inhibition of granulosa cell apoptosis is associated with decreased bax and constitutive bcl-2 and bcl-xlong messenger ribonucleic acid l. Endocrinology. 1995;136:232-41 pubmed..However, no significant change in the level of bcl-2 mRNA was detected.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Zhu Z, Huang Y, Lv L, Tao Y, Shao M, Zhao C, et al. Acute ethanol exposure-induced autophagy-mediated cardiac injury via activation of the ROS-JNK-Bcl-2 pathway. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:924-935 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our findings suggest that acute ethanol exposure induced autophagy-mediated heart toxicity and injury mainly through the ROS-JNK-Bcl-2 signaling pathway. ..
- Yu L, Yu J, Zhang F, Yang M, He W, Yan M. [Sevoflurane postconditioning attenuates myocardial apoptosis in isolated rat hearts via a modulation of Bcl-2 family proteins]. Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2011;91:2264-8 pubmed..And the modulated expression of apoptotic proteins plays an important role in sevoflurane-induced myocardial protection. ..
- Samoilov M, Sitnik N, Rybnikova E, Gluschenko T, Tjulkova E. The expression pattern of pro- and antiapoptotic proteins bax and Bcl-2 in rat brain neurons in response to severe hypobaric hypoxia: the correcting effect of hypoxic preconditioning. Dokl Biol Sci. 2005;402:176-8 pubmed
- Hughes P, Robati M, Lu W, Zhou J, Strasser A, Bouillet P. Loss of PKD1 and loss of Bcl-2 elicit polycystic kidney disease through distinct mechanisms. Cell Death Differ. 2006;13:1123-7 pubmed..Loss of one Bcl-2 allele did not influence the PKD1del34 phenotype significantly. We conclude that loss of PKD1 and loss of Bcl-2 elicit PKD through distinct mechanisms. ..
- McGill G, Horstmann M, Widlund H, Du J, Motyckova G, Nishimura E, et al. Bcl2 regulation by the melanocyte master regulator Mitf modulates lineage survival and melanoma cell viability. Cell. 2002;109:707-18 pubmed..Among identified targets was BCL2, whose germline deletion produces melanocyte loss and which exhibited phenotypic synergy with Mitf in mice...
- He Q, Zhang S, Chu Y, Jia X, Wang X. The correlations between HPV16 infection and expressions of c-erbB-2 and bcl-2 in breast carcinoma. Mol Biol Rep. 2009;36:807-12 pubmed publisher..747) in the BCs. Interestingly, HPV16 infection correlated with bcl-2 expression in grade I BCs (P = 0.018) but not in grade II-III BCs (P = 0.633). Our data suggest that HPV16 infection is correlated with bcl-2 expression in BCs. ..
- Bobkov K, Gut I, Mandys V, Holy A, Votruba I, Otova B. Antitumour activity of a combined treatment with PMEDAP and docetaxel in the Prague inbred Sprague-Dawley/cub rat strain bearing T-cell lymphoma. Anticancer Res. 2001;21:2725-31 pubmed..In this case, two out of four rats did not develop any lymphoma and remained alive. An irregular expression of Bcl2 protein was found in untreated and treated lymphomas, while the expression of protein p53 as well as MDM2 was not ..
- Hu X, Olsson T, Johansson I, Brannstrom T, Wester P. Dynamic changes of the anti- and pro-apoptotic proteins Bcl-w, Bcl-2, and Bax with Smac/Diablo mitochondrial release after photothrombotic ring stroke in rats. Eur J Neurosci. 2004;20:1177-88 pubmed..pro-apoptotic proteins could be associated with the translocation of Smac/DIABLO from the mitochondria to the cytosol and therefore closely related to cell death or survival after focal cerebral ischaemia. ..
- Ayaloglu Butun F, Terzioglu Kara E, Tokcaer Keskin Z, Akcali K. The effect of estrogen on bone marrow-derived rat mesenchymal stem cell maintenance: inhibiting apoptosis through the expression of Bcl-xL and Bcl-2. Stem Cell Rev. 2012;8:393-401 pubmed publisher..Therefore, estrogen treatment will be of great advantage for cell-based therapies in order to get more functional MSCs and may provide opportunities to develop new strategies for debilitating diseases. ..
- Nir I, Kedzierski W, Chen J, Travis G. Expression of Bcl-2 protects against photoreceptor degeneration in retinal degeneration slow (rds) mice. J Neurosci. 2000;20:2150-4 pubmed..These results suggest that Bcl-2 expression may be an effective therapeutic strategy in humans with mutations in RDS or other genes that affect the integrity of photoreceptor outer segments. ..
- Díaz Prieto N, Herrera Peco I, de Diego A, Ruiz Nuño A, Gallego Sandín S, Lopez M, et al. Bcl2 mitigates Ca2+ entry and mitochondrial Ca2+ overload through downregulation of L-type Ca2+ channels in PC12 cells. Cell Calcium. 2008;44:339-52 pubmed publisher..Apoptotic programmed cell death is regulated by the antiapoptotic Bcl2 family of proteins...
- Deng X, Gao F, May W. Bcl2 retards G1/S cell cycle transition by regulating intracellular ROS. Blood. 2003;102:3179-85 pubmedb>Bcl2's antiapoptotic function is regulated by phosphorylation. Bcl2 also regulates cell cycle progression, but the molecular mechanism is unclear...
- Patel J, Brewer G. Age-related differences in NFkappaB translocation and Bcl-2/Bax ratio caused by TNFalpha and Abeta42 promote survival in middle-age neurons and death in old neurons. Exp Neurol. 2008;213:93-100 pubmed publisher..In the setting of old neurons, these results suggest that overactivated nuclear translocation of NFkappaB and lower Bcl-2 levels promote death that is reduced by inhibition of either TNFR1 or R2. ..
- Aboutaleb N, Shamsaei N, Khaksari M, Erfani S, Rajabi H, Nikbakht F. Pre-ischemic exercise reduces apoptosis in hippocampal CA3 cells after cerebral ischemia by modulation of the Bax/Bcl-2 proteins ratio and prevention of caspase-3 activation. J Physiol Sci. 2015;65:435-43 pubmed publisher..05). This study showed that pre-ischemic exercise can exert neuroprotective effects against ischemia in CA3 neurons. ..
- Amling M, Neff L, Tanaka S, Inoue D, Kuida K, Weir E, et al. Bcl-2 lies downstream of parathyroid hormone-related peptide in a signaling pathway that regulates chondrocyte maturation during skeletal development. J Cell Biol. 1997;136:205-13 pubmed..Thus, Bcl-2 lies downstream of PTHrP in a pathway that controls chondrocyte maturation and skeletal development. ..
- Tripathy D, Grammas P. Acetaminophen protects brain endothelial cells against oxidative stress. Microvasc Res. 2009;77:289-96 pubmed publisher..In addition, we document, for the first time, that acetaminophen increases expression of the anti-apoptotic protein Bcl2. Suppressing Bcl2 with siRNA blocks the pro-survival effect of acetaminophen...
- Fuenzalida K, Quintanilla R, Ramos P, Piderit D, Fuentealba R, Martinez G, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma up-regulates the Bcl-2 anti-apoptotic protein in neurons and induces mitochondrial stabilization and protection against oxidative stress and apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:37006-15 pubmed..Altogether, these data suggest that PPARgamma supports survival in neurons in part through a mechanism involving increased expression of Bcl-2. ..
- Yu J, Zhu T, Wang Z, Zhang H, Qian Z, Xu H, et al. A novel set of DNA methylation markers in urine sediments for sensitive/specific detection of bladder cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:7296-304 pubmed..05). Methylation assessment of an 11-gene set (SALL3, CFTR, ABCC6, HPR1, RASSF1A, MT1A, RUNX3, ITGA4, BCL2, ALX4, MYOD1, DRM, CDH13, BMP3B, CCNA1, RPRM, MINT1, and BRCA1) confirmed the existing diagnosis of 121 among 132 ..
- Del Poeta G, Del Principe M, Maurillo L, Rossi F, Buccisano F, Ammatuna E, et al. Spontaneous apoptosis and proliferation detected by BCL-2 and CD71 proteins are important progression indicators within ZAP-70 negative chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Leuk Lymphoma. 2010;51:95-106 pubmed publisher..Combining bcl-2 with CD71 values, we defined three subgroups: (1) bcl2 - CD71-; (2) bcl2 + CD71+; and (3) bcl2 + CD71- or bcl2- CD71+...
- Yu Z, Wang D, Lin S. [Effects of TX0201 abstracted from heart-regulating formula on spatial learning and regulation of Bax mRNA, Bcl-2 mRNA level in brain of rat with Alzheimer's disease]. Zhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi. 2007;32:839-42 pubmed..TX0201 could ameliorate the learning and memory ability of these model rats by alleviating neuron apoptosis by means of regulating the abnormal expression of Bax mRNA in brain. ..
- Gillardon F, Wickert H, Zimmermann M. Up-regulation of bax and down-regulation of bcl-2 is associated with kainate-induced apoptosis in mouse brain. Neurosci Lett. 1995;192:85-8 pubmed
- An R, Yin Y, Jin C, Jin Z, Li G. [Relationship between programmed cell death mechanisms and neuronal necrosis induced by seizures]. Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi. 2003;41:290-2 pubmed..001), but Bcl-2 expression did not increase, while Bcl-2/Bax ratio decreased. Seizures induced late-onset neuronal necrosis was accompanied by programmed cell death mechanisms. ..
- Guo J, Zhang K, Ji Y, Jiang X, Zuo S. Effects of ethyl pyruvate on myocardial apoptosis and expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins after ischemia-reperfusion in rats. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2008;28:281-3 pubmed publisher..05). These results demonstrate that EP could inhibit apoptosis of cardiac myocytes possibly via alleviating oxidative stress, up-regulating Bcl-2 and down-regulating Bax proteins. ..
- Tai Y, Cherng Y, Chang C, Hwang Y, Chen J, Chen R. Pretreatment with low nitric oxide protects osteoblasts from high nitric oxide-induced apoptotic insults through regulation of c-Jun N-terminal kinase/c-Jun-mediated Bcl-2 gene expression and protein translocation. J Orthop Res. 2007;25:625-35 pubmed..This study shows that pretreatment with low NO can protect osteoblasts from high NO-induced cell insults via JNK/c-Jun-mediated regulation of Bcl-2 gene expression and protein translocation. ..
- Chen D, Gao F, Li B, Wang H, Xu Y, Zhu C, et al. Parkin mono-ubiquitinates Bcl-2 and regulates autophagy. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:38214-23 pubmed publisher..Moreover, overexpression of parkin enhances the interactions between Bcl-2 and Beclin 1. Our results provide evidence that parkin mono-ubiquitinates Bcl-2 and regulates autophagy via Bcl-2. ..
- Cao Y, Jiang Z, Zeng Z, Liu Y, Gu Y, Ji Y, et al. Bcl-2 silencing attenuates hypoxia-induced apoptosis resistance in pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. Apoptosis. 2016;21:69-84 pubmed publisher..This study therefore reveals critical insight into potential therapeutic targets for treating PAH. ..