Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bcl2
Description: BCL2, apoptosis regulator
Alias: Bcl-2, apoptosis regulator Bcl-2, B cell lymphoma 2 associated oncogene, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 2, B-cell leukemia/lymphoma 2, Bcl-2alpha, Bcl2-like protein
Publications171 found, 100 shown here
- Apoptosis protection by Mcl-1 and Bcl-2 modulation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor-dependent Ca2+ signalingEmily F Eckenrode
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, Illinois 60064, USA
J Biol Chem 285:13678-84. 2010..Our data suggest a molecular mechanism that is shared by several anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 proteins that provides apoptosis resistance by direct interactions at the ER with the InsP(3)R that impinges on cellular Ca(2+) homeostasis...
- Estrogen-induced Bcl-2 expression after spinal cord injury is mediated through phosphoinositide-3-kinase/Akt-dependent CREB activationTae Y Yune
Age Related and Brain Diseases Research Center, Kyunghee University, Seoul, Korea
J Neurotrauma 25:1121-31. 2008..Together, these data indicate that estrogen's neuroprotection is mediated in part by induction of Bcl-2 through PI3K/Akt-dependent CREB activation...
- Maternal oral consumption of morphine increases Bax/Bcl-2 ratio and caspase 3 activity during early neural system development in rat embryosShiva Nasiraei-Moghadam
Neuroscience Research Center, Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
J Mol Neurosci 41:156-64. 2010..Immunohistochemical assay was used to reveal the protein expression of Bax, Bcl2, and the activation of caspase 3...
- Bcl-2 overexpression protects against neuron loss within the ischemic margin following experimental stroke and inhibits cytochrome c translocation and caspase-3 activityHeng Zhao
Department of Neurosurgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, 300 Pasteur Drive R200, Stanford, CA 94305 5327, USA
J Neurochem 85:1026-36. 2003..This suggests a potential therapeutic strategy for stroke...
- Neurotrophin-3 and a CREB-mediated signaling pathway regulate Bcl-2 expression in oligodendrocyte progenitor cellsHarsimran S Saini
Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
J Neurochem 89:951-61. 2004..Together with our previous results, these observations suggest that CREB may play an important role in linking proliferation and survival pathways in the OLG progenitors...
- Evaluation of insulin and ascorbic acid effects on expression of Bcl-2 family proteins and caspase-3 activity in hippocampus of STZ-induced diabetic ratsIraj Jafari Anarkooli
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience Research Centre, School of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Cell Mol Neurobiol 29:133-40. 2009..Effects of insulin and ascorbic acid on expression of Bcl-2 family proteins and caspase-3 activity in hippocampus of diabetic rats were evaluated in this study...
- Evaluation of Bcl-2 family gene expression and Caspase-3 activity in hippocampus STZ-induced diabetic ratsIraj Jafari Anarkooli
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience Research Centre, School of Medicine, Mashhad University of Medical Sciences, Mashhad, Iran
Exp Diabetes Res 2008:638467. 2008..001). Therefore, the induction of diabetes is associated with increased ratios of Bax/Bcl-2, Bax/Bcl-x(L), and increased caspase-3 activity in hippocampus which shows that apoptosis is favored in hippocampal region...
- Prolyl hydroxylase 3 interacts with Bcl-2 to regulate doxorubicin-induced apoptosis in H9c2 cellsYing Liu
Key Laboratory of Arrhythmias, Ministry of Education, East Hospital, Tongji University School of Medicine, 200120 Shanghai, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 401:231-7. 2010..Thus, PHD3 upregulation may be partially responsible for DOX-induced cardiomyocyte apoptosis via its interaction with Bcl-2. Inhibition of PHD3 is likely to be cardioprotective against apoptosis in some heart disorders...
- Abnormal expression of bcl-2 and bax in rat tongue mucosa during the development of squamous cell carcinoma induced by 4-nitroquinoline 1-oxideDaniel A Ribeiro
Department of Pathology, Center for Genotoxins and Carcinogens Evaluation, TOXICAN, Botucatu Medical School, UNESP, SP, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 86:375-81. 2005..Bcl-2 and bax expression appears to be associated with a risk factor in the progression of oral cancer...
- Effect of erythropoietin on bcl-2 gene expression in rat cardiac myocytes after traumatic brain injuryM Emir
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, TYIH, Ankara, Turkey
Transplant Proc 36:2935-8. 2004..These findings suggest that EPO may play an important role in the expression of bcl-2 and decrease in TBARs-the end product of lipid peroxidation in myocytes-after moderate or severe TBI...
- Propofol protects the autophagic cell death induced by the ischemia/reperfusion injury in ratsHae Sook Noh
Department of Biochemistry, Gyeongsang National University School of Medicine, Jinju, 660 751, Korea
Mol Cells 30:455-60. 2010..These data suggest that propofol protects the autophagic cell death induced by the myocardial I/R injury...
- Glutathione binding to the Bcl-2 homology-3 domain groove: a molecular basis for Bcl-2 antioxidant function at mitochondriaAngela K Zimmermann
Eleanor Roosevelt Institute, Department of Biological Sciences, University of Denver, Denver, Colorado 80208, USA
J Biol Chem 282:29296-304. 2007..We conclude that this novel GSH binding property of Bcl-2 likely plays a central role in its antioxidant function at mitochondria...
- Protective role of heme oxygenase 1 in the intestinal tissue injury in hemorrhagic shock in ratsKazuyoshi Inoue
Department of Anesthesiology and Resuscitology, Okayama University Medical School, Okayama, Japan
Shock 29:252-61. 2008....
- Phosphoinositol 3 kinase inhibitor, LY294002 increases bcl-2 protein and inhibits okadaic acid-induced apoptosis in Bcl-2 expressing renal epithelial cellsD E Carbott
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland, School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Apoptosis 7:69-76. 2002..Although it is widely accepted that bcl-2 protein can inhibit apoptosis, we propose that the subcellular location of bcl-2 is an important determinant in whether bcl-2 effectively inhibits apoptosis...
- Biological markers that predict clinical recurrence in ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastE Provenzano
Molecular Pathology Laboratory, Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium, The University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia
Eur J Cancer 39:622-30. 2003..These data identify clinically and biologically relevant subcategories of DCIS lesions, an essential basis for improving management...
- Minocycline up-regulates Bcl-2 and protects against cell death in mitochondriaJinzhao Wang
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical College of Georgia, 1459 Laney Walker Boulevard, Augusta, GA 30912, USA
J Biol Chem 279:19948-54. 2004..Thus, minocycline can protect neuronal as well as nonneuronal cells and tissues. One mechanism for minocycline protection involves the induction of Bcl-2, an antiapoptotic protein...
- Lentiviral-mediated delivery of Bcl-2 or GDNF protects against excitotoxicity in the rat hippocampusLiang Fong Wong
Oxford BioMedica UK Ltd, Medawar Centre, Robert Robinson Avenue, The Oxford Science Park, Oxford OX4 4GA, UK
Mol Ther 11:89-95. 2005..Therefore these lentiviral vectors provide potential therapeutic tools for use in cases of acute neurotrauma such as cerebral ischemia...
- Defining the role of the Bcl-2 family of proteins in the nervous systemTullia Lindsten
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neuroscientist 11:10-5. 2005..Together, these data establish the intrinsic apoptotic pathway regulated by Bcl-2 proteins as a critical but not exclusive regulator of neural cell survival...
- [Effect of clausenamide on the expression of Bcl-2 protein and apoptosis after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in renovascular hypertensive rats]Zhu chang Jiang
Department of Neurology, The Third Affiliated Hospital, Guangxi Traditional Chinese Medical University, Liuzhou 545001, Guangxi, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 17:289-92. 2005..To observe the effect and mechanism of clausenamide on the expression of Bcl-2 and apoptosis after focal cerebral ischemia/reperfusion in renovascular hypertensive rats...
- Dendroaspis natriuretic peptide protects the post-ischemic myocardial injuryKi Chan Ha
Department of Pharmacology and Institute of Cardiovascular Research, Chonbuk National University Medical School, Jeonju 561 182, Republic of Korea
Regul Pept 133:13-9. 2006..These results suggest that the protective effects of DNP against I/R injury would be mediated, at least in part, through the increased ratio of Bcl-2 to Bax protein after ischemia-reperfusion...
- [Role of bcl-2 transcriptional regulation induced by calmodulin I pressure overload rat hypertrophic hearts]Qi Zhou
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Xinqiao Hospital, Chongqing 400037, China
Sheng Li Xue Bao 57:731-6. 2005..05). The results obtained suggest that the transcription of bcl-2 is possibly regulated by CaM I hypertrophic rat hearts, and CREB phosphorylation seems to be a minor factor in bcl-2 transcriptional regulation...
- [Relationship between apoptosis of rat hippocampus cells induced by aluminum and the copy of the bcl-2 as well as bax mRNA]Qiao Niu
Department of Occupational Health, Shanxi Medical University, Taiyuan 030001, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 34:671-3. 2005..To explore the effects of aluminum chloride (AlCl3) on the apoptosis of rat hippocampus cells and the relationship between the apoptosis and the expression of the bcl-2 as well as bax mRNA...
- The antibiotic erythromycin induces tolerance against transient global cerebral ischemia in rats (pharmacologic preconditioning)Ansgar M Brambrink
Department of Anesthesiology and Institute for Neurosurgical Pathophysiology, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Anesthesiology 104:1208-15. 2006..They also investigated whether tolerance induction by erythromycin involves transcriptional and translational changes of cerebral B-cell leukemia/lymphoma-2 (bcl-2) expression...
- Elevated caspase and AIF gene expression correlate with progression of sarcopenia during aging in male F344BN ratsDavid J Baker
University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta, Canada T2N 1N4
Exp Gerontol 41:1149-56. 2006....
- Leptin decreases apoptosis and alters BCL-2 : Bax ratio in clonal rodent pancreatic beta-cellsJames E P Brown
Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders Research Group, RIHS, University of Wolverhampton, Wulfruna St, Wolverhampton, WV1 1SB, UK
Diabetes Metab Res Rev 23:497-502. 2007..the effects of leptin upon apoptosis induced by serum depletion and on expression of the apoptotic regulators B-cell leukaemia 2 gene product (BCL-2) and BCL2-associated X protein (Bax) in the glucose-responsive BRIN-BD11 beta-cell line.
- [Bcl-2 expression following the brain concussion in rats]Xu yang Zhu
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wannan Medical College, Wuhu 241001, China
Fa Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:18-9. 2007..To evaluate the expression of Bcl-2 protein after brain concussion...
- The correlations between HPV16 infection and expressions of c-erbB-2 and bcl-2 in breast carcinomaQian He
Department of Clinical Lab, Second Affiliated Hospital of Medical School, Xi an Jiaotong University, Xian 710004, PR China
Mol Biol Rep 36:807-12. 2009..747) in the BCs. Interestingly, HPV16 infection correlated with bcl-2 expression in grade I BCs (P = 0.018) but not in grade II-III BCs (P = 0.633). Our data suggest that HPV16 infection is correlated with bcl-2 expression in BCs...
- [Study on the roles of nuclear factor-kappaB, p53 and Bcl-2 gene in lead acetate induced apoptosis in PC12 cells]Jing Rong
Dept of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Key Laboratory of Environment and Health of Education Ministry of China, Wuhan 430030, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 37:262-3, 268. 2008..To investigate the roles of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB), p53 and Bcl-2 gene in lead acetate induced apoptosis in PC12 cells...
- Protective effect of resveratrol in severe acute pancreatitis-induced brain injuryRajiv Kumar Jha
Department of Surgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Xi an Jiaotong University, Xi an, People s Republic of China
Pancreas 38:947-53. 2009..The aim of this study was to study the effects of resveratrol on severe acute pancreatitis (SAP)-induced brain injury...
- Repetitive hypoxic preconditioning attenuates renal ischemia/reperfusion induced oxidative injury via upregulating HIF-1 alpha-dependent bcl-2 signalingChih Ching Yang
Department of Health, School of Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
Transplantation 88:1251-60. 2009..We hypothesized that repetitive hypoxic preconditioning (RHP) may provide long-lasting protection than single preconditioning against ischemia/reperfusion injury in rat kidneys through hypoxia-induced factor (HIF)-1-dependent pathway...
- Neuregulin-1 regulates the expression of Akt, Bcl-2, and Bad signaling after focal cerebral ischemia in ratsWen Ping Guo
Department of Anatomy, Medical College of Shantou University, Shantou, Guangdong, China
Biochem Cell Biol 88:649-54. 2010..These results indicate that NRG-1 may be involved in regulating the expression of Bcl-2 and p-Bad through the PI3K/Akt pathway after transient focal cerebral ischemia...
- Expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins in thyroid glands of rats in experimental thyroiditisLjiljana Markovic
School of Medicine, University of Belgrade, Institute of Pathological Physiology, Dr Subotica 1 11, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
Folia Biol (Krakow) 58:163-9. 2010..These data suggest that the increased expression of Bax may contribute to the role of apoptosis in the pathogenesis of experimental thyroiditis...
- Altered expression of Bcl-2 and Bax in follicles within dehydroepiandrosterone-induced polycystic ovaries in ratsDiana Bas
Instituto de Biologia y Medicina Experimental CONICET, Universidad de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Cell Biol Int 35:423-9. 2011..In conclusion, an increase in ovarian apoptosis through an imbalance among the Bcl-2 family members may be involved in the transformation of growing follicles in cystic follicles in the ovaries from DHEA-induced PCOS rats...
- High energy shock waves and 5-aminolevulinic for sonodynamic therapy: effects in a syngeneic model of colon cancerL Serpe
Department of Anatomy, Pharmacology and Forensic Medicine University of Torino, Via P Giuria 13, 10125 Torino, Italy
Technol Cancer Res Treat 10:85-93. 2011..01), Bcl-2 decreased mRNA expression (p < 0.05) and increased PARP cleavage. The interaction between HESW and ALA is then effective in inducing apoptosis on a syngeneic colon cancer model...
- [Sevoflurane postconditioning attenuates myocardial apoptosis in isolated rat hearts via a modulation of Bcl-2 family proteins]Li na Yu
Department of Anesthesiology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 91:2264-8. 2011..To explore the effects of sevoflurane postconditioning on ischemic/reperfused myocardial apoptosis...
- Exercise training enhances cardiac IGFI-R/PI3K/Akt and Bcl-2 family associated pro-survival pathways in streptozotocin-induced diabetic ratsShiu Min Cheng
Department of Psychology, Asia University, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Cardiol 167:478-85. 2013..Increased myocyte apoptosis in diabetic hearts has been previously reported. The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effects of exercise training on cardiac survival pathways in streptozotocin (STZ)-induced diabetic rats...
- Bcl-2 increases stroke-induced striatal neurogenesis in adult brains by inhibiting BMP-4 function via activation of β-catenin signalingZhi Nian Lei
Department of Neurobiology and Institute for Biomedical Science, State Key Laboratory of Medical Neurobiology, Shanghai Medical College of Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Neurochem Int 61:34-42. 2012..These findings highlight a new regulatory mechanism that Bcl-2 elevates ischemia-induced striatal neurogenesis by down-regulating expression of BMP-4 via activation of the Wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway in adult rat brains...
- [Folic acid prevents Bcl-2 hypomethylation in rats with hyperhomocysteinemia]Guangzhi Cong
Ningxia Medical University, Yinchuan, Ning xia 750004, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 41:268-72. 2012..To investigate the effects of folic acid on Bcl-2 gene methylation status in rats with hyperhomocystinemia induced by ingestion of excess methionine...
- The effect of 17-methoxyl-7-hydroxy-benzene-furanchalcone isolated from Millettia pulchra on myocardial ischemia in vitro and in vivoJie Jian
Department of Pharmacology, Guangxi Medical University, Nanning, Guangxi, P R China
Planta Med 78:1324-31. 2012....
- Rho-kinase-dependent pathway mediates the hepatoprotective effects of sorafenib against ischemia/reperfusion liver injury in rats with nonalcoholic steatohepatitisYing Ying Yang
Division of General Medicine, Department of Medicine, Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Liver Transpl 18:1371-83. 2012..The hepatoprotective effects of sorafenib seem to work through the inhibition of the Rho-kinase-dependent Raf/MEK/ERK pathway, which is up-regulated during IR injury in the livers of NASH rats...
- 7,3'-dimethoxy hesperetin inhibits inflammation by inducing synovial apoptosis in rats with adjuvant-induced arthritisRong Li
Department of Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, China
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 35:139-46. 2013..In conclusion, DMHP has an apparent therapeutic effect on inflammation in rats with AA. Mechanisms of this effect are partly related to induction of synovial apoptosis through modulation of Bcl-2 and Bax expression...
- Effect of Lichong decoction on expression of Bcl-2 and Bcl-2-associated X protein mRNAs in hysteromyoma model ratDonghua Li
School of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Capital Medical University, Beijing 100069, China
J Tradit Chin Med 33:238-42. 2013..To study on effects of Lichong decoction on expression of apoptosis-controlling genes, Bcl-2 and Bcl-2-associated X protein (Bax) mRNAs in hysteromyoma tissue of the hysteromyoma model rat...
- Prohibitin (PHB) inhibits apoptosis in rat granulosa cells (GCs) through the extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 (ERK1/2) and the Bcl family of proteinsIndrajit Chowdhury
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Science Research Program, Morehouse School of Medicine, 720 Westview Drive Southwest, Atlanta, GA, 30310, USA
Apoptosis 18:1513-25. 2013..These studies were designed to measure protein levels of Bcl2 family in relation to expression of the acidic isoform (phosphorylated) PHB and the components of MEK-Erk1/2 ..
- Upregulation of CREM-1 relates to retinal ganglion cells apoptosis after light-induced damage in vivoYue Xu
State Key Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Zhongshan Ophthalmic Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, People s Republic of China
J Mol Neurosci 52:331-8. 2014..Collectively, we hypothesized upregulation of CREM-1 in the retina was associated with RGCs death after light-induced damage. ..
- The Bax/Bcl-2 apoptotic pathway is not responsible for the increase in apoptosis in the RU486-treated rat uterus during early pregnancyKathrine E Theron
School of Anatomical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of the Witwatersrand, 7 York Road, Parktown 2193, South Africa Electronic address
Reprod Biol 13:290-7. 2013....
- Comparison between axonal and retinal ganglion cell gene expression in various optic nerve injuries including glaucomaHani Levkovitch-Verbin
Sam Rothberg Ophthalmic Molecular Biology Laboratory, Goldschleger Eye Institute, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer, Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Israel
Mol Vis 19:2526-41. 2013....
- Phospholipase D1 increases Bcl-2 expression during neuronal differentiation of rat neural stem cellsShin Young Park
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Hanyang University, 17 Haengdang dong, Sungdong gu, Seoul, 133 791, Republic of Korea
Mol Neurobiol 51:1089-102. 2015..Taken together, these observations indicate that PLD1 is activated by PLCγ/PKCα signaling and stimulate Bcl-2 expression through PLA2/Cox2/EP4/PKA/p38MAPK/CREB during neuronal differentiation of rat neural stem cells. ..
- Expression of Bcl-2 and NF-κB in brain tissue after acute renal ischemia-reperfusion in ratsNa Zhang
Department of Neurosurgery, First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, China
Asian Pac J Trop Med 7:386-9. 2014..To investigate the effect of acute renal ischemia reperfusion on brain tissue...
- Effect of low temperatures on BAX and BCL2 proteins in rats with spinal cord ischemia reperfusion injuryP Zhu
Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Guangdong General Hospital, Guangdong Cardiovascular Institute, Guangdong Academy of Medical Sciences, Guangzhou, China
Genet Mol Res 14:10490-9. 2015We evaluated changes in BAX and BCL2 expression levels after spinal cord ischemia/reperfusion injury (SCII) and hypothermia during operations in rats...
- Amelioration of apoptotic events in the skeletal muscle of intra-nigrally rotenone-infused Parkinsonian rats by Morinda citrifolia--up-regulation of Bcl-2 and blockage of cytochrome c releaseKishore Kumar S Narasimhan
Department of Medical Biochemistry, India
Food Funct 7:922-37. 2016..In addition, it augmented the expression of Bcl2 both transcriptionally and translationally...
- Neuroprotective Effect of Nanodiamond in Alzheimer's Disease Rat Model: a Pivotal Role for Modulating NF-κB and STAT3 SignalingShawqi H Alawdi
Department of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Thamar University, Dhamar, Yemen
Mol Neurobiol . 2016....
- Expression patterns and prognostic value of Bag-1 and Bcl-2 in breast cancerYasmine Nadler
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Breast Cancer Res 10:R35. 2008....
- [Effects of melatonin on nerve cell apoptosis and expression of Bcl-2 & cytochrome C genes in rat cerebrum with deltamethrin induction]Li Guo
Department of Health Toxicology, MOE Key Lab of Environment and Health, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 26:215-8. 2008..To study the effects of melatonin (MT) on nerve cell apoptosis and the expression of bcl-2 and cytochrome C genes in rat cerebrum with deltamethrin induction...
- MicroRNA-1 regulates cardiomyocyte apoptosis by targeting Bcl-2Yehua Tang
Department of Cardiology, Shanghai Changzheng Hospital, Second Military Medical University, Shanghai, China
Int Heart J 50:377-87. 2009..These data demonstrated that miR-1 plays an important role in the regulation of cardiomyocyte apoptosis, which is involved in post-transcriptional repression of Bcl-2...
- [Effects of scutellarin benzyl ester on the expressions of Bcl-2 and Bax in cardiomyocytes injured by acute hypoxia]Jian yu Li
Department of Chemical Pharmacy, Medical College of Chinese People s Armed Police Forces, Tianjin 300162, China
Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue 23:337-40. 2011..To investigate the effects of scutellarin benzyl ester on the expressions of Bcl-2 and Bax in cardiomyocytes after acute injury of hypoxia...
- The effect of estrogen on bone marrow-derived rat mesenchymal stem cell maintenance: inhibiting apoptosis through the expression of Bcl-xL and Bcl-2Fatma Ayaloglu-Butun
Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey
Stem Cell Rev 8:393-401. 2012..Therefore, estrogen treatment will be of great advantage for cell-based therapies in order to get more functional MSCs and may provide opportunities to develop new strategies for debilitating diseases...
- Vitexin protects against myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury in Langendorff-perfused rat hearts by attenuating inflammatory response and apoptosisLiuyi Dong
Department of Pharmacology, Anhui Medical University, Hefei, Anhui 230032, PR China
Food Chem Toxicol 49:3211-6. 2011....
- [Effects of benzo(a)pyrene on apoptosis of neuronal cells and expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins in rat brain tissue]Jie Zhao
Center for Disease Control and Prevention of Shanxi Tai Gang, Taiyuan 030003, China
Zhonghua Lao Dong Wei Sheng Zhi Ye Bing Za Zhi 29:820-4. 2011..To observe the effects of Benzo(a)pyrene (BaP) on apoptosis of neuronal cells and expression of Bcl-2 and Bax proteins and to explore the mechanism of neurotoxicity induced by BaP in rats...
- Grape antioxidant dietary fibre prevents mitochondrial apoptotic pathways by enhancing Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL expression and minimising oxidative stress in rat distal colonic mucosaMaría Elvira López-Oliva
Sección Departamental de Fisiología, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, 28040 Madrid, Spain
Br J Nutr 109:4-16. 2013..This effect appears to be associated with the antioxidant properties of GADF...
- Expression of members of the bcl-2 gene family in the immature rat ovary: equine chorionic gonadotropin-mediated inhibition of granulosa cell apoptosis is associated with decreased bax and constitutive bcl-2 and bcl-xlong messenger ribonucleic acid levelsJ L Tilly
Department of Population Dynamics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21205 2179
Endocrinology 136:232-41. 1995..However, no significant change in the level of bcl-2 mRNA was detected.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)..
- Bok is a pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 protein with restricted expression in reproductive tissues and heterodimerizes with selective anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family membersS Y Hsu
Division of Reproductive Biology, Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University Medical School, Stanford, CA 94305 5317, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94:12401-6. 1997....
- BOD (Bcl-2-related ovarian death gene) is an ovarian BH3 domain-containing proapoptotic Bcl-2 protein capable of dimerization with diverse antiapoptotic Bcl-2 membersS Y Hsu
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305 5317, USA
Mol Endocrinol 12:1432-40. 1998..Identification of BOD expands the group of proapoptotic Bcl-2 proteins that only contains the BH3 domain and allows future elucidation of the intracellular mechanism for apoptosis regulation in ovary and other tissues...
- Bax interacts with the permeability transition pore to induce permeability transition and cytochrome c release in isolated mitochondriaM Narita
Department of Medical Genetics, Biomedical Research Center, Osaka University Medical School, 2 2 Yamadaoka, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:14681-6. 1998..Taken together, these findings suggest that proapoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins, including Bax and Bak, induce the mitochondrial PT and cytochrome c release by interacting with the PT pores...
- Antitumour activity of a combined treatment with PMEDAP and docetaxel in the Prague inbred Sprague-Dawley/cub rat strain bearing T-cell lymphomaK Bobkov
Institute of Biology and Medical Genetics, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Anticancer Res 21:2725-31. 2001..In this case, two out of four rats did not develop any lymphoma and remained alive. An irregular expression of Bcl2 protein was found in untreated and treated lymphomas, while the expression of protein p53 as well as MDM2 was not ..
- Impact of progestins on estrogen-induced neuroprotection: synergy by progesterone and 19-norprogesterone and antagonism by medroxyprogesterone acetateJon Nilsen
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and Toxicology, Pharmaceutical Sciences Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Endocrinology 143:205-12. 2002....
- Loss of anti-apoptotic genes in aging rat cruraMasaki Yamanaka
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94121, USA
J Urol 168:2296-300. 2002..Gene and protein expression of pro-apoptotic and anti-apoptotic factors was then analyzed in aging rat crura to assess its role in aging erectile dysfunction...
- Mast cell-mediated apoptosis of endothelial cells in vitro: a paracrine mechanism involving TNF-alpha-mediated down-regulation of bcl-2 expressionSoili Lätti
Wihuri Research Institute, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Physiol 195:130-8. 2003..Published 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Conventional (clear cell) renal carcinoma metastases have greater bcl-2 expression than high-risk primary tumorsCheryl T Lee
Department of Urology, University of Michigan, 1500 E Medical Center Drive, Box 0330, Ann Arbor, MI 49109, USA
Urol Oncol 21:179-84. 2003..It may be reasonable to target RCC patients displaying altered bcl-2 levels for molecular therapies, such as anti-bcl2, should metastatic disease develop.
- DNA synthesis and Bcl-2 expression during development of mucous cell metaplasia in airway epithelium of rats exposed to LPSYohannes Tesfaigzi
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr, SE, Albuquerque, NM 87108, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 286:L268-74. 2004..Our findings demonstrate that preexisting and proliferating cells differentiate into mucous cells and compose LPS-induced metaplasia and that Bcl-2 does not have cell cycle regulatory function in these cells...
- Involvement of increased stability of mitochondrial membrane potential and overexpression of Bcl-2 in enhanced anoxic tolerance induced by hypoxic preconditioning in cultured hypothalamic neuronsLi ying Wu
Department of Neurobiology, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Brain Res 999:149-54. 2004..These results suggest that HP enhances the hypoxic tolerance of hypothalamic neurons, and the underlying mechanisms may be related to the increased stability of MMP and the overexpression of Bcl-2 induced by HP...
- Bcl-2 is a key factor for cardiac fibroblast resistance to programmed cell deathMaritza Mayorga
Group of Cell Signaling and Apoptosis, Departament de Ciències Mèdiques Bàsiques and Departament de Medicina, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat de Lleida, Montserrat Roig 2, 25008 Lleida, Spain
J Biol Chem 279:34882-9. 2004..Thus, our data demonstrate that Bcl-2 is an important effector of heart fibroblast resistance to apoptosis and highlight a probable mechanism for promoting survival advantage in fibroblasts of cardiac origin...
- Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive ratHilary V O Carswell
Division of Clinical Neuroscience, Wellcome Surgical Institute, University of Glasgow, Scotland, University Kingdom
Methods Mol Med 104:49-74. 2005..Sections are included on quantitative trait loci, mapping, and congenic strain construction for the identification of genetic determinants of stroke sensitivity in the SHRSP...
- Altered expression of Bcl2, Bad and Bax mRNA occurs in the rat cerebellum within hours after ethanol exposure on postnatal day 4 but not on postnatal day 9Yun Ge
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 129:124-34. 2004..signaling resulting in the execution of the apoptotic pathway that includes specific alterations of proteins in the Bcl2 gene family. Ethanol exposure that occurs after this vulnerable period (i.e...
- Apoptosis and the expression of genes of the Bcl-2 family and TGF-beta1 in rat renal allografts transplanted after donor-specific blood transfusionP Jablonski
Monash University, Department of Medicine, The Alfred Hospital, Clayton, Australia
Transplant Proc 37:93-5. 2005..This study examined apoptosis, expression of genes of the Bcl-2 family and of TGF-beta(1) in isografts, rejecting and tolerant allografts...
- Susceptibility of striatal neurons to excitotoxic injury correlates with basal levels of Bcl-2 and the induction of P53 and c-Myc immunoreactivityZhong qin Liang
Department of Pharmacology, Soochow University School of Medicine, Suzhou 215007, P R China
Neurobiol Dis 20:562-73. 2005..The selective vulnerability of striatal medium spiny neurons to degeneration in a rodent model of Huntington's disease appears to correlate with their low levels of Bcl-2-i and high levels of induced p53-i and c-Myc-i...
- Regulation of Bcl-2 and Bcl-xL anti-apoptotic protein expression by nuclear receptor PXR in primary cultures of human and rat hepatocytesNathalie Zucchini
Laboratoire de Toxicologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, INRA, UMR 1112, 06903 Sophia Antipolis, France
Biochim Biophys Acta 1745:48-58. 2005..They also suggest that PXR may protect the liver against chemicals by simultaneously regulating detoxication and the apoptotic pathway...
- [Study on the roles of the expression of bcl-2 and bax in experimental immunological liver injury in rats]Jia Ju Zhuang
Instrumental Center of Bethune Military Medical College, Shijiazhuang 050081, China
Wei Sheng Yan Jiu 34:716-9. 2005..To elucidate the roles of Bcl-2 and Bax in experimental immunological liver injury in rat and the effect of lowering serum levels on the expression and the injury...
- Cigarette smoke affects apoptosis in rat tongue mucosa: role of bcl-2 gene familyGerson F Assis
Department of Biological Sciences, Laboratory of Histology, Bauru School of Dentistry, USP, Bauru, SP, Brazil
J Mol Histol 36:483-9. 2005..01). PCNA-labeling index did not show remarkable changes between groups. Taken together, our results show that bcl-2 is overexpressed in the rat tongue keratinocytes after cigarette smoke exposure...
- Primary breast cancer phenotypes associated with propensity for central nervous system metastasesYee Lu Tham
Breast Care Center, Baylor College of Medicine and Methodist Hospital, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer 107:696-704. 2006..It is unclear whether specific tumor biological properties or the use of systemic therapies influence this risk...
- Aberrant expression of apoptosis proteins and ultrastructural aberrations in uterine leiomyomas from patients with hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell carcinomaNoel C Wortham
Molecular and Population Genetics Laboratory, Cancer Research UK, London, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 86:961-71. 2006..To examine differences between sporadic and familial uterine leiomyomata related to expression of apoptosis-related proteins and tumor ultrastructure...
- Effect of monosodium glutamate on apoptosis and Bcl-2/Bax protein level in rat thymocyte cultureV Pavlovic
Institute of Physiology, Medical Faculty, University of Nis, Nis, Serbia
Physiol Res 56:619-26. 2007..The temporal profile of Bcl-2 and Bax expression after MSG treatment suggests that downregulation of Bcl-2 protein and the resulting change of Bcl-2/Bax protein ratio may be an important event in thymocyte apoptosis triggered by MSG...
- Acute caffeine administration decreased NOS and Bcl2 expression in rat skeletal musclesGiovanni Corsetti
Division of Human Anatomy, Department of Biomedical Sciences and Biotechnology, University of Brescia, Italy
Pharmacol Res 55:96-103. 2007..We studied the hemodynamic and NOS expression of Bax/Bcl2 in skeletal muscle after single Caf administration...
- The Bcl-2 apoptotic switch in cancer development and therapyJ M Adams
Department of Molecular Genetics of Cancer, The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research, 1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Oncogene 26:1324-37. 2007..Better understanding of the Bcl-2 family is clarifying its role in cancer development, revealing how conventional therapy works and stimulating the search for "BH3 mimetics" as a novel class of anticancer drugs...
- Bcl-2 overexpression in PhIP-induced colon tumors: cloning of the rat Bcl-2 promoter and characterization of a pathway involving beta-catenin, c-Myc and E2F1Q Li
Linus Pauling Institute, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331 6512, USA
Oncogene 26:6194-202. 2007..1% similarity with its human counterpart, BCL2. Bcl-2 promoter activity was increased in response to LiCl and exogenous beta-catenin, including oncogenic mutants ..
- Bcl-2 engineered MSCs inhibited apoptosis and improved heart functionWenzhong Li
Department of Cardiac Surgery, University Rostock, Schillingallee 69, Rostock, Germany
Stem Cells 25:2118-27. 2007..Our current findings support the premise that transplantation of antiapoptotic gene-modified MSCs may have values for mediating substantial functional recovery after acute myocardial infarction...
- Persistent and remodeling hepatic preneoplastic lesions present differences in cell proliferation and apoptosis, as well as in p53, Bcl-2 and NF-kappaB pathwaysRogério Pietro Mazzantini
Laboratory of Diet, Nutrition and Cancer, Department of Food and Experimental Nutrition, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Cell Biochem 103:538-46. 2008..These data point to molecular pathways that may direct preneoplastic lesions to spontaneously regress or to progress to cancer. J. Cell. Biochem. 103: 538-546, 2008. (c) 2007 Wiley-Liss, Inc...
- Tissue microarrays in pathological examination of apoptotic acinar cells induced by dexamethasone in the pancreas of rats with severe acute pancreatitisXi Ping Zhang
Department of General Surgery, Hangzhou First People s Hospital, Hangzhou 310006, China
Hepatobiliary Pancreat Dis Int 6:527-36. 2007..This study was designed to investigate the influence of dexamethasone on apoptosis of acinar cells in the pancreas of rats with SAP and the protein expression of the apoptosis-regulating genes Bax and Bcl-2...
- In vivo evaluation of AT-101 (R-(-)-gossypol acetic acid) in androgen-independent growth of VCaP prostate cancer cells in combination with surgical castrationRobert D Loberg
Department of Urology, University of Michigan Urology Center, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Neoplasia 9:1030-7. 2007..Inhibition of the antiapoptotic proteins Bcl-2 and Mcl-1 may delay the transition to androgen-independent growth...
- The coexistence of nocturnal sustained hypoxia and obesity additively increases cardiac apoptosisShin Da Lee
Graduate Institute of Chinese Medical Science and Institute of Medical Science, China Medical Univ, No 91, Hsueh Shih Road, Taichung, 404, Taiwan
J Appl Physiol (1985) 104:1144-53. 2008..This study evaluates whether the coexistence of nocturnal sustained hypoxia and obesity will increase cardiac Fas death receptor and mitochondrial-dependent apoptotic pathway...
- Tumor growth fraction, expression of estrogen and progesterone receptors, p53, bcl-2 and cathepsin D activity in primary ductal invasive breast carcinoma and their axillary lymph node metastasesJozo Kristek
Division of Thoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Osijek, Osijek, Croatia
Coll Antropol 31:1043-7. 2007..This study does not support the routine testing of both primary tumor and locoregional metastasis to evaluate the breast cancer hormone receptor status...
- NF-kappaB is a critical regulator of the survival of rodent and human hepatic myofibroblastsMartha R Watson
Liver Research Group, Institute of Cellular Medicine, Newcastle University, Newcastle NE2 4HH, UK
J Hepatol 48:589-97. 2008..Likewise, rat chronic liver disease models may not accurately recapitulate the activation of human hepatic myofibroblasts...
- Hyperbaric oxygen attenuates apoptosis and decreases inflammation in an ischemic wound modelQixu Zhang
Division of Plastic Surgery, Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas, USA
J Invest Dermatol 128:2102-12. 2008..These results indicate that HBO improves ischemic wound healing by downregulation of HIF-1alpha and subsequent target gene expression with attenuation of cell apoptosis and reduction of inflammation...
- Bcl2 mitigates Ca2+ entry and mitochondrial Ca2+ overload through downregulation of L-type Ca2+ channels in PC12 cellsNatacha Díaz-Prieto
Instituto Teófilo Hernando ITH, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Cell Calcium 44:339-52. 2008..Apoptotic programmed cell death is regulated by the antiapoptotic Bcl2 family of proteins...
- Cilostazol therapy attenuates monocrotaline-induced pulmonary arterial hypertension in rat modelLi Teh Chang
Basic Science, Nursing Department, Meiho Institute of Technology, Pingtung
Circ J 72:825-31. 2008..Cilostazol, with its antiproliferative effects on vascular endothelial and smooth muscle cells, may ameliorate monocrotaline (MCT)-induced PAH in rats...
- Expression of p53, bcl-2 and Ki-67 in cervical intraepithelial neoplasia and invasive squamous cell carcinoma of the uterine cervixMee Lee Looi
Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 30:63-70. 2008..To assess the expression of p53, bcl-2 and Ki-67 in the progression of cervical neoplasia...
- Age-related differences in NFkappaB translocation and Bcl-2/Bax ratio caused by TNFalpha and Abeta42 promote survival in middle-age neurons and death in old neuronsJigisha R Patel
Department of Medical Microbiology, Immunology, and Cell Biology, Southern Illinois University, School of Medicine, Springfield, IL, USA
Exp Neurol 213:93-100. 2008..In the setting of old neurons, these results suggest that overactivated nuclear translocation of NFkappaB and lower Bcl-2 levels promote death that is reduced by inhibition of either TNFR1 or R2...
- The protection of Bcl-2 overexpression on rat cortical neuronal injury caused by analogous ischemia/reperfusion in vitroHong Zhang
Institute of Cerebrovascular Diseases, Affiliated Hospital of Qingdao University Medical College, Qingdao 266003, China
Neurosci Res 62:140-6. 2008..These suggest that cross-talk between ER and mitochondria participate in neuronal damage after ischemia/reperfusion. Bcl-2 overexpression could suppress I/R-induced neuronal apoptosis via influencing mitochondrial integrity...
- Bax and Bid act in synergy to bring about T11TS-mediated glioma apoptosis via the release of mitochondrial cytochrome c and subsequent caspase activationM Bhattacharjee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, School of Tropical Medicine, 108, Chittaranjan Avenue Road, Kolkata 700073
Int Immunol 20:1489-505. 2008..The present work focuses on the mechanistic approach of how T11TS mediates apoptosis and hence is the first approach of its kind in the field of immunology where the immunotherapeutic molecule's mode of action has been worked out...
- The timing of re-institution of good blood glucose control affects apoptosis and expression of Bax and Bcl-2 in the retina of diabetic ratsXin Yuan Gao
Department of Endocrinology, The First Clinical Hospital of Harbin Medical University, Harbin, China
Mol Biol Rep 36:1977-82. 2009..808, P < 0.01). Good blood glucose control at early stage can decrease the number of apoptotic cells in the retina; the decreased apoptosis is correlated with the down-regulation of Bax to Bcl-2 ratio...
- Cyclophilin D interacts with Bcl2 and exerts an anti-apoptotic effectRoman A Eliseev
Center for Musculoskeletal Research and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 284:9692-9. 2009..effect of CypD is independent of the MPT but is due to its interaction with some key apoptosis regulator, such as Bcl2. Our data indicate that CypD indeed interacts with Bcl2 as confirmed with co-immunoprecipitation, pulldown, and ..
- Functional, histological and biochemical consequences of renal lymph disorder in mononephrectomized ratsTaoyan Zhang
Department of Nephrology, The Second Affiliated Hospital, Medical College of Shandong University, Jinan, China
J Nephrol 22:109-16. 2009..However, our knowledge of renal lymphatics is very limited, and their importance is almost always neglected in kidney transplant surgery practice. Here, we show the time course of renal lesions caused by renal lymphatic disorder...
- ABERRANT REGULATION OF COX2 AFTER TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURYKenneth Strauss; Fiscal Year: 2003..Knowledge of these events will serve as the rational basis for pharmacological interventions to ameliorate the secondary pathologies that lead to worsening neurological and cognitive deficits in human victims of TBI. ..
- ENDOTOXIN INDUCED MUCOUS CELL METAPLASIAYohannes Tesfaigzi; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS IN THE REGULATION OF APOPTOSISJerry Adams; Fiscal Year: 2006..Justification: As the proposal addresses central issues about the regulation of apoptosis, builds onproductive research, and exploits novel findings, it should significantly advance the molecular dissection of apoptosis. ..
- FUNCTION OF NORMAL AND MALIGNANT PHAGOCYTESSERGIO CATZ; Fiscal Year: 2007..Further study will be carried out on the possibility that p67PHOX carries NADPH to the electron transport chain. Finally, X-ray crystallography of the oxidase components will be done. ..