Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Bcl11a
Description: B-cell CLL/lymphoma 11A
Alias: B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 11A, B-cell CLL/lymphoma 11A (zinc finger protein)
- Kuo T, Hong C, Hsueh Y. Bcl11A/CTIP1 regulates expression of DCC and MAP1b in control of axon branching and dendrite outgrowth. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;42:195-207 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Bcl11A/CTIP1/Evi9, a zinc finger transcription factor, downregulates axon branching...
- Al Allawi N, Puehringer H, Raheem R, Oberkanins C. Genetic Modifiers in Î²-Thalassemia Intermedia: A Study on 102 Iraqi Arab Patients. Genet Test Mol Biomarkers. 2015;19:242-7 pubmed publisher..The Î² and Î± genotypes as well as HBG2â€‰g. 158 C>T (rs7482144), BCL11A (rs1427407 and rs10189857), and HBS1L-MYB (rs28384513 and rs9399137) by multiplex polymerase chain reaction and ..
- Jiang B, Zhang X, Su J, Meng W, Yang X, Yang J, et al. BCL11A overexpression predicts survival and relapse in non-small cell lung cancer and is modulated by microRNA-30a and gene amplification. Mol Cancer. 2013;12:61 pubmed publisherAberrant activation of the proto-oncogene B-cell lymphoma/leukemia 11A (BCL11A) has been implicated in the pathogenesis of leukemia and lymphoma...
- Basak A, Hancarova M, Ulirsch J, Balci T, Trkova M, Pelisek M, et al. BCL11A deletions result in fetal hemoglobin persistence and neurodevelopmental alterations. J Clin Invest. 2015;125:2363-8 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor BCL11A silences HbF and has been an attractive therapeutic target for increasing HbF levels; however, it is not clear to ..
- Avram D, Fields A, Pretty On Top K, Nevrivy D, Ishmael J, Leid M. Isolation of a novel family of C(2)H(2) zinc finger proteins implicated in transcriptional repression mediated by chicken ovalbumin upstream promoter transcription factor (COUP-TF) orphan nuclear receptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:10315-22 pubmed
- Neishabury M, Zamani F, Keyhani E, Azarkeivan A, Abedini S, Eslami M, et al. The influence of the BCL11A polymorphism on the phenotype of patients with beta thalassemia could be affected by the beta globin locus control region and/or the Xmn1-HBG2 genotypic background. Blood Cells Mol Dis. 2013;51:80-4 pubmed publisher..the influence of the ? globin locus control region (LCR) genotypic background on the phenotype modifying role of BCL11A polymorphisms, 100 cases of thalassemia, 48 homozygous for the A allele and 52 homozygous for the G allele at the ..
- Xu J, Peng C, Sankaran V, Shao Z, Esrick E, Chong B, et al. Correction of sickle cell disease in adult mice by interference with fetal hemoglobin silencing. Science. 2011;334:993-6 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that the repressor BCL11A is required in vivo for silencing of ?-globin expression in adult animals, yet dispensable for red cell production...
- Kuo T, Hong C, Chien H, Hsueh Y. X-linked mental retardation gene CASK interacts with Bcl11A/CTIP1 and regulates axon branching and outgrowth. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:2364-73 pubmed publisher..From a yeast two-hybrid screen, Krüppel-like zinc finger protein B cell lymphoma/COUP-TF-interacting protein 1 (Bcl11A/CTIP1) was identified as a CASK binding protein...
- Kuo T, Chen C, Hsueh Y. Bcl11A/CTIP1 mediates the effect of the glutamate receptor on axon branching and dendrite outgrowth. J Neurochem. 2010;114:1381-92 pubmed publisher..A previous study demonstrated that knockdown of the zinc finger transcription factor B cell lymphoma 11A-long (Bcl11A-L) reduces deleted in colorectal cancer (DCC) and microtubule-associated protein (MAP) 1b expression, thereby ..