Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aurkb
Description: aurora kinase B
Alias: ARK-2, Aim1, STK-1, Stk12, aurora kinase B, AIM-1, aurora 1, aurora- and Ipl1-like midbody-associated protein 1, aurora-B, aurora-related kinase 2, aurora/IPL1-related kinase 2, serine/threonine kinase 12, serine/threonine-protein kinase 12, serine/threonine-protein kinase 5, serine/threonine-protein kinase aurora-B
- Wu L, Ma C, Zhao Y, Jain A. Aurora B interacts with NIR-p53, leading to p53 phosphorylation in its DNA-binding domain and subsequent functional suppression. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:2236-44 pubmed publisher..Using a proteomic approach, we have identified the Aurora kinase B as a novel binding partner of NIR...
- Bethel C, Chaudhary J, Anway M, Brown T. Gene expression changes are age-dependent and lobe-specific in the brown Norway rat model of prostatic hyperplasia. Prostate. 2009;69:838-50 pubmed publisher..proliferation, oxidative stress, and prostate cancer progression, including topoisomerase II alpha (Topo2a), aurora kinase B (Aurkb), stathmin 1 (Stmn1), and glutathione S-transferase pi...
- Zhang Y, Nagata Y, Yu G, Nguyen H, Jones M, Toselli P, et al. Aberrant quantity and localization of Aurora-B/AIM-1 and survivin during megakaryocyte polyploidization and the consequences of Aurora-B/AIM-1-deregulated expression. Blood. 2004;103:3717-26 pubmed..Future studies will examine the impact of survivin restoration on mouse megakaryocyte polyploidization. ..
- Murata Hori M, Tatsuka M, Wang Y. Probing the dynamics and functions of aurora B kinase in living cells during mitosis and cytokinesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1099-108 pubmedb>Aurora B is a protein kinase and a chromosomal passenger protein that undergoes dynamic redistribution during mitosis...
- Chen Q, Zhang X, Jiang Q, Clarke P, Zhang C. Cyclin B1 is localized to unattached kinetochores and contributes to efficient microtubule attachment and proper chromosome alignment during mitosis. Cell Res. 2008;18:268-80 pubmed publisher..Cyclin B1 is then transported from each kinetochore as microtubule attachment is completed, and this relocalization may redirect the activity of cyclin B1-CDK1 and contribute to inactivation of the spindle assembly checkpoint. ..
- Terada Y, Tatsuka M, Suzuki F, Yasuda Y, Fujita S, Otsu M. AIM-1: a mammalian midbody-associated protein required for cytokinesis. EMBO J. 1998;17:667-76 pubmed..Furthermore, cytokinesis frequently fails, resulting in cell polyploidy and subsequent cell death. These results strongly suggest that AIM-1 is required for proper progression of cytokinesis in mammalian cells. ..
- Gambe A, Matsunaga S, Takata H, Ono Maniwa R, Baba A, Uchiyama S, et al. A nucleolar protein RRS1 contributes to chromosome congression. FEBS Lett. 2009;583:1951-6 pubmed publisher..RRS1 knockdown also perturbs the centromeric localization of Shugoshin 1 and results in premature separation of sister chromatids. Our results suggest that a nucleolar protein RRS1 contributes to chromosome congression. ..
- Lee E, Frolov A, Li R, Ayala G, Greenberg N. Targeting Aurora kinases for the treatment of prostate cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:4996-5002 pubmed..Our findings support a functional relationship between Aurora kinase expression and prostate cancer and the application of small-molecule inhibitors in therapeutic modalities. ..
- Xia F, Canovas P, Guadagno T, Altieri D. A survivin-ran complex regulates spindle formation in tumor cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:5299-311 pubmed publisher..Therefore, survivin is a novel effector of Ran signaling, and this pathway may be preferentially exploited for spindle assembly in tumor cells. ..
- Parra M, Gómez R, Viera A, Llano E, Pendas A, Rufas J, et al. Sequential assembly of centromeric proteins in male mouse meiosis. PLoS Genet. 2009;5:e1000417 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate that Shugoshin 2 is necessary for the loading of MCAK at the inner centromere, but is dispensable for the loading of the outer kinetochore proteins BubR1 and CENP-E. ..
- Orpinell M, Fournier M, Riss A, Nagy Z, Krebs A, Frontini M, et al. The ATAC acetyl transferase complex controls mitotic progression by targeting non-histone substrates. EMBO J. 2010;29:2381-94 pubmed publisher..Thus, we have uncovered an essential function for ATAC in regulating Cyclin A activity and consequent mitotic progression. ..
- Cheng L, Zhang J, Ahmad S, Rozier L, Yu H, Deng H, et al. Aurora B regulates formin mDia3 in achieving metaphase chromosome alignment. Dev Cell. 2011;20:342-52 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the microtubule binding FH2 domain of mDia3 is phosphorylated by Aurora B kinase in vitro, and cells expressing the nonphosphorylatable mDia3 mutant cannot position chromosomes at the ..
- Petsalaki E, Akoumianaki T, Black E, Gillespie D, Zachos G. Phosphorylation at serine 331 is required for Aurora B activation. J Cell Biol. 2011;195:449-66 pubmed publisherb>Aurora B kinase activity is required for successful cell division...
- Yang J, Hui H, Lee A. Severe coagulopathy associated with white-lipped green pit viper bite. Hong Kong Med J. 2007;13:392-5 pubmed..The case is illustrative of the potential lethality to children of snakebites in Hong Kong and suggests that the A halys antivenin may not be effective for the treatment of T albolabris bites. ..
- North B, Verdin E. Interphase nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling and localization of SIRT2 during mitosis. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e784 pubmed..The findings suggest a novel mechanism of regulating SIRT2 function by nucleo-cytoplasmic shuttling, as well as a role for SIRT2 in the nucleus during interphase and throughout mitosis. ..
- Izumiyama T, Minoshima S, Yoshida T, Shimizu N. A novel big protein TPRBK possessing 25 units of TPR motif is essential for the progress of mitosis and cytokinesis. Gene. 2012;511:202-17 pubmed publisher..Co-immunoprecipitation assay and immunofluorescent staining with adequate antibodies revealed that TPRBK binds to Aurora B, and those proteins together translocate throughout mitosis and cytokinesis...
- Frangini A, Sjoberg M, Román Trufero M, Dharmalingam G, Haberle V, Bartke T, et al. The aurora B kinase and the polycomb protein ring1B combine to regulate active promoters in quiescent lymphocytes. Mol Cell. 2013;51:647-61 pubmed publisher..We show that the Aurora B kinase and the polycomb protein Ring1B have essential roles in regulating transcriptionally active genes in ..