Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp8b1
Description: ATPase phospholipid transporting 8B1
Alias: phospholipid-transporting ATPase IC, ATPase, Class I, type 8B, member 1, ATPase, aminophospholipid transporter, class I, type 8B, member 1
- Muñoz Martínez F, Torres C, Castanys S, Gamarro F. CDC50A plays a key role in the uptake of the anticancer drug perifosine in human carcinoma cells. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:793-800 pubmed publisher..However, when CDC50A was co-expressed with the P4-ATPase Atp8b1, the two proteins co-localized at the plasma membrane and the uptake of aminophospholipids and perifosine ..
- Ansari I, Longacre M, Paulusma C, Stoker S, Kendrick M, MacDonald M. Characterization of P4 ATPase Phospholipid Translocases (Flippases) in Human and Rat Pancreatic Beta Cells: THEIR GENE SILENCING INHIBITS INSULIN SECRETION. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:23110-23 pubmed publisher..We found that the predominant P4 ATPases in pure pancreatic beta cells and human and rat pancreatic islets were ATP8B1, ATP8B2, and ATP9A. ATP8B1 and CDC50A were highly concentrated in ISG. ATP9A was concentrated in plasma membrane...
- Ujhazy P, Ortiz D, Misra S, Li S, Moseley J, Jones H, et al. Familial intrahepatic cholestasis 1: studies of localization and function. Hepatology. 2001;34:768-75 pubmed..How this process produces cholestasis is under study. ..
- Demeilliers C, Jacquemin E, Barbu V, Mergey M, Paye F, Fouassier L, et al. Altered hepatobiliary gene expressions in PFIC1: ATP8B1 gene defect is associated with CFTR downregulation. Hepatology. 2006;43:1125-34 pubmedRecent reports in patients with PFIC1 have indicated that a gene defect in ATP8B1 could cause deregulations in bile salt transporters through decreased expression and/or activity of FXR...
- Ray N, Durairaj L, Chen B, McVerry B, Ryan A, Donahoe M, et al. Dynamic regulation of cardiolipin by the lipid pump Atp8b1 determines the severity of lung injury in experimental pneumonia. Nat Med. 2010;16:1120-1127 pubmed publisher..and characterized the activity of a unique cardiolipin transporter, the P-type ATPase transmembrane lipid pump Atp8b1, a mutant version of which is associated with severe pneumonia in humans and mice...