Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atp2a2
Description: ATPase sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ transporting 2
Alias: Serca2, SercaII, sarcoplasmic/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase 2, ATPase, Ca++ transporting, cardiac muscle, slow twitch 2, ATPase, Ca++ transporting, slow twitch 2, SR Ca(2+)-ATPase 2, calcium pump 2, calcium-transporting ATPase sarcoplasmic reticulum type, slow twitch skeletal muscle isoform, endoplasmic reticulum class 1/2 Ca(2+) ATPase, sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-dependent ATPase 2
- Akhter T, Sawada N, Yamaguchi M. Regucalcin increases Ca2+-ATPase activity in the heart mitochondria of normal and regucalcin transgenic rats. Int J Mol Med. 2006;18:171-6 pubmed..This study demonstrates that regucalcin has an activating effect on Ca2+-ATPase in rat heart mitochondria, suggesting its role in the regulation of heart mitochondrial function. ..
- Watanabe A, Arai M, Koitabashi N, Niwano K, Ohyama Y, Yamada Y, et al. Mitochondrial transcription factors TFAM and TFB2M regulate Serca2 gene transcription. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;90:57-67 pubmed publisher..This study examined whether TFAM and TFB2M coordinately regulate the transcription of the Serca2 gene and mitochondrial genes...
- Bupha Intr T, Wattanapermpool J. Regulatory role of ovarian sex hormones in calcium uptake activity of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;291:H1101-8 pubmed..Under hormone-deficient conditions, there was an adaptive response of SERCA that escaped the regulatory effect of phospholamban. ..
- Ryall J, Schertzer J, Murphy K, Allen A, Lynch G. Chronic beta2-adrenoceptor stimulation impairs cardiac relaxation via reduced SR Ca2+-ATPase protein and activity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H2587-95 pubmed publisher..05). glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK-3beta) has been implicated as a negative regulator of SERCA2 gene transcription, and we observed a approximately 60% decrease (P < 0...
- Palbykin B, Borg J, Caldwell P, Rowles J, Papoutsis A, Romagnolo D, et al. Trichloroethylene induces methylation of the Serca2 promoter in H9c2 cells and embryonic heart. Cardiovasc Toxicol. 2011;11:204-14 pubmed publisher..Low doses of TCE exposure (10 ppb) induced DNA hyper methylation in the Serca2 promoter region in cardiac myoblast cells and rat embryonic cardiac tissue...
- Knyushko T, Sharov V, Williams T, SCHONEICH C, Bigelow D. 3-Nitrotyrosine modification of SERCA2a in the aging heart: a distinct signature of the cellular redox environment. Biochemistry. 2005;44:13071-81 pubmed
- Wang J, Marui A, Ikeda T, Komeda M. Partial left ventricular unloading reverses contractile dysfunction and helps recover gene expressions in failing rat hearts. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2008;7:27-31 pubmed..Partial left ventricular unloading regressed myocardial hypertrophy, reversed contractile dysfunction and normalized the mRNA (BNP, SERCA2a, beta(1) and beta(2)-AR) expressions of failing rat hearts. ..
- Swift F, Franzini Armstrong C, Øyehaug L, Enger U, Andersson K, Christensen G, et al. Extreme sarcoplasmic reticulum volume loss and compensatory T-tubule remodeling after Serca2 knockout. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3997-4001 pubmed publisher..Indeed, major reduction in sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) function in mice with Serca2 knockout (KO) is compensated by enhanced plasmalemmal Ca(2+) fluxes...
- Lipskaia L, Del Monte F, Capiod T, Yacoubi S, Hadri L, Hours M, et al. Sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase gene transfer reduces vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and neointima formation in the rat. Circ Res. 2005;97:488-95 pubmed..In conclusion, we provide the first evidence that increasing SERCA2a activity inhibits VSMC proliferation and balloon injury-induced neointima formation. ..
- Ulianich L, Secondo A, De Micheli S, Treglia S, Pacifico F, Liguoro D, et al. TSH/cAMP up-regulate sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPases expression and activity in PC Cl3 thyroid cells. Eur J Endocrinol. 2004;150:851-61 pubmed..These data suggested that TSH/cAMP acts as an important regulator of both SERCA2b expression and activity in the thyroid system, through PKA activation. ..
- Burke B, Olson R, Cusack B, Gambliel H, Dillmann W. Anthracycline cardiotoxicity in transgenic mice overexpressing SR Ca2+-ATPase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;303:504-7 pubmed..The Ca-ATPase of the sarcoplasmic reticulum, SERCA2, has been implicated as a principal target for anthracycline-induced cardiotoxicity...
- Yamada A, Torimoto K, Obata K, Hirayama A, Fujimoto K, Takaki M. Persistent overexpression of SERCA2a affects bladder functions under physiological conditions, but not in bladder outlet obstruction-induced sub-acute pathological conditions. J Physiol Sci. 2014;64:21-30 pubmed publisher..state caused by a pressure overload is accompanied by a decrease in the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2). The beneficial effects of SERCA2 overexpression in preserving cardiac functions have been previously reported...
- Germinario E, Esposito A, Midrio M, Betto R, Danieli Betto D. Expression of sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase slow (SERCA2) isoform in regenerating rat soleus skeletal muscle depends on nerve impulses. Exp Physiol. 2002;87:575-83 pubmed..isoform normally expressed in fast twitch fibres, was present after 5 days and was then progressively replaced by SERCA2, the isoform typical of slow twitch fibres...
- Prasad A, Inesi G. Regulation and rate limiting mechanisms of Ca2+ ATPase (SERCA2) expression in cardiac myocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;361:85-96 pubmed publisherInvolvement of the calcineurin/NFAT pathway in transcription of cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase (SERCA2) was demonstrated (Prasad and Inesi, Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300(1):H173-H180, 2011) by upregulation of SERCA2 ..
- Hu S, Tang Y, Shen Y, Ao H, Bai J, Wang Y, et al. Protective effect of oxymatrine on chronic rat heart failure. J Physiol Sci. 2011;61:363-72 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that oxymatrine could improve heart failure by improving the cardiac function and that this amelioration is associated with upregulation of SERCA2a and DHPR. ..
- Tuusa J, Markkanen P, Apaja P, Hakalahti A, Petäjä Repo U. The endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-pump SERCA2b interacts with G protein-coupled receptors and enhances their expression at the cell surface. J Mol Biol. 2007;371:622-38 pubmed..Thus, we propose that the association with SERCA2b is required for efficient folding and/or membrane integration of G protein-coupled receptors. ..
- Hill B, Muldrew E. Oestrogen upregulates the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase pump in coronary arteries. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2014;41:430-6 pubmed publisher..Overall, the findings suggest that one of the potential cardiovascular benefits of E2 in women is upregulation of SERCA2b, via activation of the classic ER? and ER? pathway. ..
- Chaudhri B, Del Monte F, Hajjar R, Harding S. Contractile effects of adenovirally-mediated increases in SERCA2a activity: a comparison between adult rat and rabbit ventricular myocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2003;251:103-9 pubmed..Both SERCA2a overexpression and phospholamban down-regulation are effective strategies, and neither appears to produce supraphysiological stimulatory effects on contraction or relaxation. ..
- Prunier F, Chen Y, Gellen B, Heimburger M, Choqueux C, Escoubet B, et al. Left ventricular SERCA2a gene down-regulation does not parallel ANP gene up-regulation during post-MI remodelling in rats. Eur J Heart Fail. 2005;7:739-47 pubmed..SERCA2a gene down-regulation in the non-infarcted myocardium of rats with MI does not correlate with ANP gene up-regulation, suggesting that the two genes are not antithetically regulated. ..
- Kim H, Kim T, Jeong B, Cho I, Han D, Takegahara N, et al. Tmem64 modulates calcium signaling during RANKL-mediated osteoclast differentiation. Cell Metab. 2013;17:249-60 pubmed publisher..culture systems, we show here that Tmem64 interacts with sarcoplasmic endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase 2 (SERCA2) and modulates its activity...
- Minamisawa S, Hoshijima M, Chu G, Ward C, Frank K, Gu Y, et al. Chronic phospholamban-sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase interaction is the critical calcium cycling defect in dilated cardiomyopathy. Cell. 1999;99:313-22 pubmed..Thus, interfering with phospholamban-SERCA2a interaction may provide a novel therapeutic approach for preventing the progression of dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Fredersdorf S, Thumann C, Zimmermann W, Vetter R, Graf T, Luchner A, et al. Increased myocardial SERCA expression in early type 2 diabetes mellitus is insulin dependent: In vivo and in vitro data. Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2012;11:57 pubmed
- Clark J, Kinnear N, Kalujnaia S, Cramb G, Fleischer S, Jeyakumar L, et al. Identification of functionally segregated sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium stores in pulmonary arterial smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:13542-9 pubmed publisher..The other is located centrally, receives Ca(2+) via SERCA2a, and likely releases Ca(2+) via RyR3 and RyR2 to initiate vasoconstriction. ..
- Li X, Kiedrowski L, Tremblay F, Fernandez F, Perizzolo M, Winkfein R, et al. Importance of K+-dependent Na+/Ca2+-exchanger 2, NCKX2, in motor learning and memory. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:6273-82 pubmed..These data emphasize the critical and non-redundant role of NCKX2 in the local control of neuronal [Ca2+] that is essential for the development of synaptic plasticity associated with learning and memory. ..
- Racz G, Szabo A, Ver A, Zádor E. The slow sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ -ATPase declines independently of slow myosin in soleus muscle of diabetic rats. Acta Biochim Pol. 2009;56:487-93 pubmed..The results are in line with previous observations that regulators of the Ca-homeostasis may adapt faster to type I diabetes than the contractile elements. ..
- Hilal Dandan R, He H, Martin J, Brunton L, Dillmann W. Endothelin downregulates SERCA2 gene and protein expression in adult rat ventricular myocytes: regulation by pertussis toxin-sensitive Gi protein and cAMP. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2009;296:H728-34 pubmed publisherDownregulation of the sarcoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase (SERCA2) is associated with diastolic dysfunction in the failing heart...
- Beca S, Helli P, Simpson J, Zhao D, Farman G, Jones P, et al. Phosphodiesterase 4D regulates baseline sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ release and cardiac contractility, independently of L-type Ca2+ current. Circ Res. 2011;109:1024-1030 pubmed publisher..Because whole-cell Ca2+ transient amplitudes are reduced in failing human myocardium, these observations may have therapeutic implications for patients with heart failure. ..
- Shao C, Capek H, Patel K, Wang M, Tang K, Desouza C, et al. Carbonylation contributes to SERCA2a activity loss and diastolic dysfunction in a rat model of type 1 diabetes. Diabetes. 2011;60:947-59 pubmed publisher..These data identify carbonylation as a novel mechanism that contributes to SERCA2a activity loss and diastolic dysfunction during type 1 diabetes. ..
- Ferrington D, Yao Q, Squier T, Bigelow D. Comparable levels of Ca-ATPase inhibition by phospholamban in slow-twitch skeletal and cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. Biochemistry. 2002;41:13289-96 pubmed
- Howarth F, Qureshi M, Hassan Z, Al Kury L, Isaev D, Parekh K, et al. Changing pattern of gene expression is associated with ventricular myocyte dysfunction and altered mechanisms of Ca2+ signalling in young type 2 Zucker diabetic fatty rat heart. Exp Physiol. 2011;96:325-37 pubmed publisher..muscle proteins (Myh7) were upregulated, and genes encoding intracellular Ca(2+) transport regulatory proteins (Atp2a2 and Calm1) and some cardiac muscle proteins (Myh6, Myl2, Actc1, Tnni3, Tnn2, and Tnnc1) were downregulated in ZDF ..
- Francia P, Adduci C, Ricotta A, Stanzione R, Sensini I, Uccellini A, et al. Common genetic variants in selected Ca²? signaling genes and the risk of appropriate ICD interventions in patients with heart failure. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2013;38:169-77 pubmed publisher..The following polymorphisms were genotyped: ATP2A2 rs1860561 and rs56243033; RYR2 rs4142933; CASQ2 rs4074536; SLC8A1 g...
- Sahoo S, Kim D. Calumenin interacts with SERCA2 in rat cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. Mol Cells. 2008;26:265-9 pubmed..Calu-OE (8 folds) did not alter the expression levels of DHPR, RyR2, NCX, SERCA2, CSQ and PLN. However, Calu-OE affected several parameters of Ca2+ transients...
- Vetter R, Rehfeld U, Reissfelder C, Fechner H, Seppet E, Kreutz R. Decreased cardiac SERCA2 expression, SR Ca uptake, and contractile function in hypothyroidism are attenuated in SERCA2 overexpressing transgenic rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;300:H943-50 pubmed publisher..In hypothyroidism, decreased expression of the thyroid hormone (TH)-responsive SERCA2 gene contributes to slowed SR Ca(2+) reuptake and relaxation...
- Wu C, Tseng C, Huang Y, Hsieh C, Tsai W, Lin J, et al. Angiotensin II does not influence expression of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2 + ATPase in atrial myocytes. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2009;10:121-6 pubmed publisher..Previous studies have found that angiotensin II (Ang II) decreased SERCA2 gene expression in ventricular myocytes...
- Kagota S, Maruyama K, Tada Y, Wakuda H, Nakamura K, Kunitomo M, et al. Abnormal amounts of intracellular calcium regulatory proteins in SHRSP.Z-Lepr(fa)/IzmDmcr rats with metabolic syndrome and cardiac dysfunction. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2013;91:124-33 pubmed publisher..Telmisartan may be beneficial in protecting against disturbances in cardiac function associated with metabolic syndrome. ..
- Dong J, Gao C, Liu J, Cao Y, Tian L. TSH inhibits SERCA2a and the PKA/PLN pathway in rat cardiomyocytes. Oncotarget. 2016;7:39207-39215 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that increases in serum TSH levels contribute to the development of cardiac diastolic and systolic dysfunction. ..
- Marino M, Stoilova T, Giorgi C, Bachi A, Cattaneo A, Auricchio A, et al. SEPN1, an endoplasmic reticulum-localized selenoprotein linked to skeletal muscle pathology, counteracts hyperoxidation by means of redox-regulating SERCA2 pump activity. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:1843-55 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we have defined the redox-regulated interactome of SEPN1 and identified the ER calcium import SERCA2 pump as a redox-partner of SEPN1...
- Tsai C, Wu C, Lee J, Chang S, Kuo Y, Wang Y, et al. TNF-Î± down-regulates sarcoplasmic reticulum CaÂ²âº ATPase expression and leads to left ventricular diastolic dysfunction through binding of NF-ÎºB to promoter response element. Cardiovasc Res. 2015;105:318-29 pubmed publisher..An âˆ¼2 kb promoter of the SERCA2a gene (atp2a2) along with its serial deletions was cloned into the luciferase reporter system...
- Talmadge R, Paalani M. Sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum calcium pump isoforms in paralyzed rat slow muscle. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1770:1187-93 pubmed..In contrast, the slow fiber type-specific isoform, SERCA2, was decreased with a slower time-course...
- Schertzer J, Green H, Duhamel T, Tupling A. Mechanisms underlying increases in SR Ca2+-ATPase activity after exercise in rat skeletal muscle. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2003;284:E597-610 pubmed
- Hara S, Arai M, Tomaru K, Doi H, Koitabashi N, Iso T, et al. Prostaglandin F2alpha inhibits SERCA2 gene transcription through an induction of Egr-1 in cultured neonatal rat cardiac myocytes. Int Heart J. 2008;49:329-42 pubmed..growth of neonatal rat cardiac myocytes, a feature of which includes downregulation of the Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2), a major Ca(2+) transport protein in SR...
- Tupling A, Vigna C, Ford R, Tsuchiya S, Graham D, Denniss S, et al. Effects of buthionine sulfoximine treatment on diaphragm contractility and SR Ca2+ pump function in rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2007;103:1921-8 pubmed
- Kho C, Lee A, Jeong D, Oh J, Gorski P, Fish K, et al. Small-molecule activation of SERCA2a SUMOylation for the treatment of heart failure. Nat Commun. 2015;6:7229 pubmed publisher..This first-in-class small-molecule activator targeting SERCA2a SUMOylation may serve as a potential therapeutic strategy for treatment of heart failure. ..
- Komuro I, Kurabayashi M, Shibazaki Y, Takaku F, Yazaki Y. Molecular cloning and characterization of a Ca2+ + Mg2+-dependent adenosine triphosphatase from rat cardiac sarcoplasmic reticulum. Regulation of its expression by pressure overload and developmental stage. J Clin Invest. 1989;83:1102-8 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of cardiac Ca2+-ATPase in SR is regulated by pressure overload and the developmental stage, at least in part, at the pretranslational level. ..
- Penitente A, Novaes R, Silva M, Silva M, Quintão Júnior J, Guatimosim S, et al. Basal and ?-adrenergic cardiomyocytes contractility dysfunction induced by dietary protein restriction is associated with downregulation of SERCA2a expression and disturbance of endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ regulation in rats. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:443-54 pubmed publisher..The pathological changes of cardiomyocyte mechanics suggest the potential involvement of the ?-adrenergic system, which is possibly associated with changes in SERCA2a expression and disturbances in Ca(2+) intracellular kinetics. ..
- Prasad A, Ma H, Sumbilla C, Lee D, Klein M, Inesi G. Phenylephrine hypertrophy, Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA2), and Ca2+ signaling in neonatal rat cardiac myocytes. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;292:C2269-75 pubmed..An early and prominent feature of hypertrophy was a reduction of the SERCA2 transcript, as determined by RT-PCR with reference to a stable marker such as glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate ..
- del MonteF -, Harding S, Schmidt U, Matsui T, Kang Z, Dec G, et al. Restoration of contractile function in isolated cardiomyocytes from failing human hearts by gene transfer of SERCA2a. Circulation. 1999;100:2308-11 pubmed..These results support the premise that gene-based therapies and targeting of specific pathways in human heart failure may offer a new modality for the treatment of this disease. ..
- Fajardo V, Bombardier E, Irvine T, Metherel A, Stark K, Duhamel T, et al. Dietary docosahexaenoic acid supplementation reduces SERCA Ca2+ transport efficiency in rat skeletal muscle. Chem Phys Lipids. 2015;187:56-61 pubmed publisher..8 Â± 0.2 vs. DHA-fed, 2.2 Â± 0.3). Collectively, our results suggest that DHA may promote skeletal muscle-based metabolism and thermogenesis through its influence on SERCA. ..
- Wang Q, Wang D, Yan G, Qiao Y, Sun L, Zhu B, et al. SERCA2a was serotonylated and may regulate sino-atrial node pacemaker activity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:492-497 pubmed publisher..Simulation studies using mathematical SAN cell model showed that variation of Ca2+ affinity of SERCA2a pump cause either tachycardia or bradycardia. ..
- Mountian I, Baba Aissa F, Jonas J, Humbert De Smedt -, Wuytack F, Parys J. Expression of Ca(2+) Transport Genes in Platelets and Endothelial Cells in Hypertension. Hypertension. 2001;37:135-141 pubmed
- Yamaguchi M, Morooka Y, Misawa H, Tsurusaki Y, Nakajima R. Role of endogenous regucalcin in transgenic rats: suppression of kidney cortex cytosolic protein phosphatase activity and enhancement of heart muscle microsomal Ca2+-ATPase activity. J Cell Biochem. 2002;86:520-9 pubmed..Regucalcin TG rats should be a useful model to define a regulatory role of endogenous regucalcin in the tissues in vivo. ..
- Blum J, Samarel A, Mestril R. Phosphorylation and binding of AUF1 to the 3'-untranslated region of cardiomyocyte SERCA2a mRNA. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2005;289:H2543-50 pubmed..These data suggest that the phosphorylation, binding, and location of AUF1 affect the posttranscriptional regulation of the SERCA2a message in NRVM. ..
- Zhang N, Zhu B. The role of the rat sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase promoter in myocardial ischemia-preconditioning. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;333:311-21 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the SERCA2a promoter plays a significant role in IRI and IPC, with IPC able to precondition the SERCA2a promoter against the deleterious effects of IRI-induced injury. ..
- Leopoldo A, Lima Leopoldo A, Sugizaki M, do Nascimento A, de Campos D, Luvizotto R, et al. Involvement of L-type calcium channel and SERCA2a in myocardial dysfunction induced by obesity. J Cell Physiol. 2011;226:2934-42 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the myocardial dysfunction caused by obesity is related to L-type Ca(2+) channel activity impairment without significant changes in SERCA2a expression and function as well as L-type Ca(2+) protein levels. ..
- Valverde C, Mundina Weilenmann C, Said M, Ferrero P, Vittone L, Salas M, et al. Frequency-dependent acceleration of relaxation in mammalian heart: a property not relying on phospholamban and SERCA2a phosphorylation. J Physiol. 2005;562:801-13 pubmed..More likely, a CaMKII-independent mechanism could be involved, whereby increasing stimulation frequency would disrupt the SERCA2a-PLN interaction, leading to an increase in SR Ca(2+) uptake and myocardial relaxation. ..
- Baker D, Hashimoto K, Grupp I, Ji Y, Reed T, Loukianov E, et al. Targeted overexpression of the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase increases cardiac contractility in transgenic mouse hearts. Circ Res. 1998;83:1205-14 pubmed..The present study demonstrates that increases in SERCA2a pump levels can directly enhance contractile function of the heart by increasing SR Ca2+ transport. ..
- Wu K, Lytton J. Molecular cloning and quantification of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase isoforms in rat muscles. Am J Physiol. 1993;264:C333-41 pubmed..Fast-twitch fibers expressed both SERCA1 mRNA and protein at a level two- to fivefold higher than SERCA2 was expressed in slow-twitch fibers...
- Moore C, Shao C, Nagai R, Kutty S, Singh J, Bidasee K. Malondialdehyde and 4-hydroxynonenal adducts are not formed on cardiac ryanodine receptor (RyR2) and sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase (SERCA2) in diabetes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2013;376:121-35 pubmed publisher..carbonyl adducts on cardiac ryanodine receptor (RyR2) and sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2) in hearts of streptozotocin(STZ)-induced diabetic rats...
- Wu J, Zhang J, Gong Y, Li S. Slowed relaxation of diaphragm in septic rats is associated with reduced expression of sarco-endoplasmic reticulum CA2+ -ATPase genes SERCA1 and SERCA2. Muscle Nerve. 2016;54:1108-1113 pubmed publisher..properties and the associated expression of sarco-endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ -ATPase genes SERCA1 and SERCA2. Rats were randomized to undergo either sham surgery or cecal ligation and puncture (CLP)...
- Wu L, Tan J, Wang Z, Chen Y, Gao L, Liu J, et al. ROS generated during early reperfusion contribute to intermittent hypobaric hypoxia-afforded cardioprotection against postischemia-induced Ca(2+) overload and contractile dysfunction via the JAK2/STAT3 pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;81:150-61 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IHH improved I/R-suppressed sarcoplasmic reticulum (SR) Ca(2+)-ATPase 2 (SERCA2) activity, enhanced I/R-increased Bcl-2 expression, and promoted the co-localization and interaction of Bcl-2 with ..
- El Najjar N, Kulkarni R, Nader N, Hodeify R, Machaca K. Effects of Hyperglycemia on Vascular Smooth Muscle Ca2+ Signaling. Biomed Res Int. 2017;2017:3691349 pubmed publisher..However, these alterations are not readily translatable to the whole organism situation where alterations to the Ca2+ signaling machinery are different. ..
- Ahlers B, Song J, Wang J, Zhang X, Carl L, Tadros G, et al. Effects of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase overexpression in postinfarction rat myocytes. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;98:2169-76 pubmed..intracellular Ca(2+) concentration ([Ca(2+)](i)) homeostasis and decreased sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2) expression and activity, but sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) leak was unchanged...
- Lencesova L, O Neill A, Resneck W, Bloch R, Blaustein M. Plasma membrane-cytoskeleton-endoplasmic reticulum complexes in neurons and astrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:2885-93 pubmed..of beta-spectrin with NCX1, Na(+) pump alpha3, and IP(3)R-1 in neurons and of alpha-fodrin with NCX1 and SERCA2 in astrocytes...
- Ahmad S, Ahmad A, Hendry Hofer T, Loader J, Claycomb W, Mozziconacci O, et al. Sarcoendoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+) ATPase. A critical target in chlorine inhalation-induced cardiotoxicity. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2015;52:492-502 pubmed publisher..death and damage to SERCA could be decreased by thiocyanate, an important biological antioxidant, and by genetic SERCA2 overexpression. We also investigated a U.S...
- Harris R, Bennett D, Levine M, Putman C. Tail muscle parvalbumin content is decreased in chronic sacral spinal cord injured rats with spasticity. Exp Physiol. 2011;96:1311-20 pubmed publisher..protein expression for parvalbumin, fast sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA1) and slow SERCA2. As these proteins may influence fatigue resistance, we also assayed the activities of oxidative (citrate synthase;..
- Balderas Villalobos J, Molina Muñoz T, Mailloux Salinas P, Bravo G, Carvajal K, Gómez Viquez N. Oxidative stress in cardiomyocytes contributes to decreased SERCA2a activity in rats with metabolic syndrome. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2013;305:H1344-53 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that elevated oxidative stress may induce oxidative modifications on SERCA2a leading to abnormal function of this protein in the MetS heart. ..
- Zádor E, Wuytack F. Expression of SERCA2a is independent of innervation in regenerating soleus muscle. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2003;285:C853-61 pubmed
- Stefanovic B, Stefanovic L, Schnabl B, Bataller R, Brenner D. TRAM2 protein interacts with endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+ pump Serca2b and is necessary for collagen type I synthesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1758-68 pubmed..This coupling may increase the local Ca(2+) concentration at the site of collagen synthesis, and a high Ca(2+) concentration may be necessary for the function of molecular chaperones involved in collagen folding. ..
- Shanks J, Herring N, Johnson E, Liu K, Li D, Paterson D. Overexpression of Sarcoendoplasmic Reticulum Calcium ATPase 2a Promotes Cardiac Sympathetic Neurotransmission via Abnormal Endoplasmic Reticulum and Mitochondria Ca2+ Regulation. Hypertension. 2017;69:625-632 pubmed publisher..Whether the increased Ca2+ transient and neurotransmission after SERCA2A overexpression contributes to enhanced sympathoexcitation in heart failure patients remains to be determined. ..
- Zádor E, Fenyvesi R, Wuytack F. Expression of SERCA2a is not regulated by calcineurin or upon mechanical unloading in skeletal muscle regeneration. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:749-52 pubmed
- Lygren B, Carlson C, Santamaria K, Lissandron V, McSorley T, Litzenberg J, et al. AKAP complex regulates Ca2+ re-uptake into heart sarcoplasmic reticulum. EMBO Rep. 2007;8:1061-7 pubmed..Here, we identified a supramolecular complex consisting of the sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2), its negative regulator phospholamban (PLN), the A-kinase anchoring protein AKAP18delta and PKA...
- Shenoy R, Klein I, Ojamaa K. Differential regulation of SR calcium transporters by thyroid hormone in rat atria and ventricles. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2001;281:H1690-6 pubmed..in part by its regulation of calcium transporter proteins, including sarco(endo)plasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2), phospholamban (PLB), and Na(+)/Ca(2+) exchanger (NCX)...
- Yao L, Chen G, Lu X, Zheng L, Mou Y, Hu S. Effects of atorvastatin on calcium-regulating proteins: a possible mechanism to repair cardiac dysfunction in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Basic Res Cardiol. 2009;104:258-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, atorvastatin has positive effects on calcium regulatory proteins, which may be one of the mechanisms of the beneficial effect of statins on cardiac function in spontaneously hypertensive rats. ..
- Babai N, Morgans C, Thoreson W. Calcium-induced calcium release contributes to synaptic release from mouse rod photoreceptors. Neuroscience. 2010;165:1447-56 pubmed publisher..Electron micrographs and immunofluorescent double labeling for the sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase (SERCA2) and synaptic ribbon protein, ribeye, showed a close association between ER and synaptic ribbons in mouse rod ..
- Pinz I, Tian R, Belke D, Swanson E, Dillmann W, Ingwall J. Compromised myocardial energetics in hypertrophied mouse hearts diminish the beneficial effect of overexpressing SERCA2a. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:10163-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, strategies combining energetic support with increasing SERCA activity may improve the therapeutic effectiveness for heart failure. ..
- Thuerauf D, Hoover H, Meller J, Hernandez J, Su L, Andrews C, et al. Sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase-2 expression is regulated by ATF6 during the endoplasmic reticulum stress response: intracellular signaling of calcium stress in a cardiac myocyte model system. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:48309-17 pubmed..the hypothesis that ATF6 serves as a regulator of the expression of sarco/endoplasmic reticulum calcium ATPase-2 (SERCA2), a protein that transports calcium into the SR from the cytoplasm...
- Shibata M, Takeshita D, Obata K, Mitsuyama S, Ito H, Zhang G, et al. NHE-1 participates in isoproterenol-induced downregulation of SERCA2a and development of cardiac remodeling in rat hearts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H2154-60 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of NHE-1 ameliorates cardiac Ca(2+)-handling impairment and prevents the development of cardiac dysfunction in ISO-infused rats. ..
- Lompre A, de la Bastie D, Boheler K, Schwartz K. Characterization and expression of the rat heart sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase mRNA. FEBS Lett. 1989;249:35-41 pubmed
- Li X, Li W, Gao Z, Li H. Association of cardiac injury with iron-increased oxidative and nitrative modifications of the SERCA2a isoform of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca(2+)-ATPase in diabetic rats. Biochimie. 2016;127:144-52 pubmed publisher..Our findings may help to further understand the role of iron in the pathogenesis of diabetic complications. ..
- Al Jarallah A, Oriowo M, Khan I. Mechanism of reduced colonic contractility in experimental colitis: role of sarcoplasmic reticulum pump isoform-2. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;298:169-78 pubmed..Therefore, we examined the protein and mRNA levels for SERCA2 isoform, which is predominant isoform in colonic smooth muscle...
- Xue P, Deng L, Zhang Z, Yang X, Xia Q, Xiang D, et al. Effect of Chaiqinchengqi decoction on sarco/endoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase mRNA expression of pancreatic tissues in acute pancreatitis rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2008;14:2343-8 pubmed..tissues were collected for the pathological observation, mRNA extraction for determination of SERCA1 and SERCA2 mRNA expression or pancreatic acinar cell isolation for measurement of fluorescence intensity (FI) of ..