Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Atf5
Description: activating transcription factor 5
Alias: cyclic AMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-5, cAMP-dependent transcription factor ATF-5, transcription factor ATFx
- Li G, Li W, Angelastro J, Greene L, Liu D. Identification of a novel DNA binding site and a transcriptional target for activating transcription factor 5 in c6 glioma and mcf-7 breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:933-43 pubmed publisherRecent reports indicate that the activating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is required for the survival of cancer cells but not for noncancer cells...
- Dluzen D, Li G, Tacelosky D, Moreau M, Liu D. BCL-2 is a downstream target of ATF5 that mediates the prosurvival function of ATF5 in a cell type-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:7705-13 pubmed publisherb>ATF5 loss of function has been shown previously to cause apoptotic cell death in glioblastoma and breast cancer cells but not in non-transformed astrocytes and human breast epithelial cells...
- Zhao Y, Zhang Y, Zhang Y, Qian S, Zhang Z, Li S, et al. p300-dependent acetylation of activating transcription factor 5 enhances C/EBP? transactivation of C/EBP? during 3T3-L1 differentiation. Mol Cell Biol. 2014;34:315-24 pubmed publisher..In this study, we found that activating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) can bind to the promoter of C/EBP? via its direct interaction with C/EBP? (which is mediated via the p300-..
- Madarampalli B, Yuan Y, Liu D, Lengel K, Xu Y, Li G, et al. ATF5 Connects the Pericentriolar Materials to the Proximal End of the Mother Centriole. Cell. 2015;162:580-92 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that ATF5 forms a characteristic 9-fold symmetrical ring structure in the inner layer of the PCM outfitting the proximal end ..
- Angelastro J, Mason J, Ignatova T, Kukekov V, Stengren G, Goldman J, et al. Downregulation of activating transcription factor 5 is required for differentiation of neural progenitor cells into astrocytes. J Neurosci. 2005;25:3889-99 pubmed..The transcription factor activating transcription factor 5 (ATF5) is expressed in neural progenitors of developing brain but is absent from mature astrocytes and neurons...
- Lemos D, Goodspeed L, Tonelli L, Antoch M, Ojeda S, Urbanski H. Evidence for circadian regulation of activating transcription factor 5 but not tyrosine hydroxylase by the chromaffin cell clock. Endocrinology. 2007;148:5811-21 pubmed..several genes in a 24-h rhythmic pattern, including TH (the rate-limiting enzyme in catecholamine synthesis) and Atf5 (a transcription factor involved in apoptosis and neural cell differentiation) together with the core-clock genes...
- Forgacs E, Gupta S, Kerry J, Semmes O. The bZIP transcription factor ATFx binds human T-cell leukemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) Tax and represses HTLV-1 long terminal repeat-mediated transcription. J Virol. 2005;79:6932-9 pubmed..We propose that recruitment of ATFx to the HTLV-1 LTR serves to link viral transcription with critical events in cellular homeostasis. ..
- Liu D, Qian D, Wang B, Yang J, Lu Z. p300-Dependent ATF5 acetylation is essential for Egr-1 gene activation and cell proliferation and survival. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3906-16 pubmed publisherb>ATF5 has been shown to be a critical regulator of cell proliferation and survival; however, the underlying mechanism remains largely unknown...
- De Graeve F, Bahr A, Chatton B, Kedinger C. A murine ATFa-associated factor with transcriptional repressing activity. Oncogene. 2000;19:1807-19 pubmed..Together, these findings suggest that mAM may be involved in the fine-tuning of ATFa-regulated gene expression, by interfering with the assembly or stability of specific preinitiation transcription complexes. ..
- Lee H, Angelastro J, Kenney A, Mason C, Greene L. Reciprocal actions of ATF5 and Shh in proliferation of cerebellar granule neuron progenitor cells. Dev Neurobiol. 2012;72:789-804 pubmed publisher..The transcription factor ATF5 promotes proliferation of cerebral cortical neuroprogenitor cells and its down regulation permits their ..