Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Arhgef2
Description: Rho/Rac guanine nucleotide exchange factor 2
Alias: rho guanine nucleotide exchange factor 2, GEF-H1, guanine nucleotide exchange factor H1, rho/rac guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) 2
- Pathak R, DerMardirossian C. GEF-H1: orchestrating the interplay between cytoskeleton and vesicle trafficking. Small Gtpases. 2013;4:174-9 pubmed publisher..These results provide a framework for understanding how RhoA/GEF-H1 regulates the coordination of actin and microtubule cytoskeleton modulation and vesicle trafficking during migration and cell division. ..
- Ravindran E, Hu H, Yuzwa S, Hernández Miranda L, Kraemer N, Ninnemann O, et al. Homozygous ARHGEF2 mutation causes intellectual disability and midbrain-hindbrain malformation. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006746 pubmed publisher..We identified, by means of whole exome sequencing, a homozygous frameshift mutation in the ARHGEF2 as a cause of intellectual disability, a midbrain-hindbrain malformation, and mild microcephaly in a ..
- Ryan X, Alldritt J, Svenningsson P, Allen P, Wu G, Nairn A, et al. The Rho-specific GEF Lfc interacts with neurabin and spinophilin to regulate dendritic spine morphology. Neuron. 2005;47:85-100 pubmed..Thus, interaction between Lfc and neurabin/spinophilin selectively regulates Rho-dependent organization of F-actin in spines and is a link between the microtubule and F-actin cytoskeletons in dendrites. ..
- Fukazawa A, Alonso C, Kurachi K, Gupta S, Lesser C, McCormick B, et al. GEF-H1 mediated control of NOD1 dependent NF-kappaB activation by Shigella effectors. PLoS Pathog. 2008;4:e1000228 pubmed publisher..The guanine nucleotide exchange factor H1 (GEF-H1) mediates RhoA activation required for cell invasion by the enteroinvasive pathogen ..
- Zhao Y, Alonso C, Ballester I, Song J, Chang S, Guleng B, et al. Control of NOD2 and Rip2-dependent innate immune activation by GEF-H1. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2012;18:603-12 pubmed publisher..We utilized gene-specific siRNA mediated knockdown and expression of guanine nucleotide exchange factor H1 (GEF-H1) in wildtype, Rip2-, and Nod2-deficient macrophages, HCT-116 and HEK 293 cells to ..
- Arnette C, Frye K, Kaverina I. Microtubule and Actin Interplay Drive Intracellular c-Src Trafficking. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0148996 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that regulation of c-Src trafficking requires both microtubules and actin polymerization, and that GEF-H1 coordinates c-Src trafficking, acting as a molecular switch between these two mechanisms. ..