Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Apoc2
Description: apolipoprotein C2
Alias: RGD1560725, apolipoprotein C-II
- Kajinami K, Mabuchi H, Koizumi J, Takeda R. Serum apolipoproteins in heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia. Clin Chim Acta. 1992;211:93-9 pubmed..34 +/- 0.07) was significantly lower than that in normal subjects (0.39 +/- 0.05). This difference might possibly be produced by an abnormal HDL metabolism of FH patients, a topic which remains to be elucidated by further investigation...
- Lam C, Yuen Y, Cheng W, Chan Y, Tong S. Missense mutation Leu72Pro located on the carboxyl terminal amphipathic helix of apolipoprotein C-II causes familial chylomicronemia syndrome. Clin Chim Acta. 2006;364:256-9 pubmed..the molecular basis of chylomicronemia syndrome in this family, we performed direct DNA sequencing of the LPL and APOC2 genes of the proband...
- Ren Y, Tian H, Liu B, Liang J, Zhang X, Yao J, et al. [The abnormal changes of apolipoprotein(s) in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus]. Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2001;32:48-51, 69 pubmed..Abnormal changes of apo(s) in type 2 diabetes mellitus may be a cause of type 2 diabetes associated with HTG and CHD. ..
- Pham C, Hatters D, Lawrence L, Howlett G. Cross-linking and amyloid formation by N- and C-terminal cysteine derivatives of human apolipoprotein C-II. Biochemistry. 2002;41:14313-22 pubmed..These data suggest that the N- and C-termini of apoC-II are close together in the amyloid fibril such that covalent cross-linking of either the N or C end of apoC-II promotes nucleation and the "seeding" of fibril growth. ..
- Konemori G, Kawanishi M, Nakamoto A, Hiraoka M, Kajiyama G. [Application of the box plot to evaluate serum lipid levels and apolipoprotein levels in patients with cerebral infarction and diabetes mellitus]. Nihon Ronen Igakkai Zasshi. 1990;27:22-7 pubmed..d. Compared to the control group, the ratio of LDL-C. to Apo B was lower (p less than 0.05) in the cerebral infarction group with diabetes mellitus and tended to be lower even in the diabetes mellitus-only group. ..
- Andersson Y, Majd Z, Lefebvre A, Martin G, Sechkin A, Kosykh V, et al. Developmental and pharmacological regulation of apolipoprotein C-II gene expression. Comparison with apo C-I and apo C-III gene regulation. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:115-21 pubmed
- Kinnunen P, Ehnolm C. Effect of serum and C-apoproteins from very low density lipoproteins on human postheparin plasma hepatic lipase. FEBS Lett. 1976;65:354-7 pubmed
- Takahashi H, Hashimoto N, Kawasaki T, Kikuchi T, Uchiyama M. The usefulness of measuring body fat deposition for detecting obesity and atherogenesity in Japanese school children. Acta Paediatr Jpn. 1996;38:634-9 pubmed..low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL-C), atherogenic index (AI), RLP-cholesterol (RLP-C), apoA1, apoA2, apoB, apoC2, apoC3, apoE and the ratio of apoB to apoA1 than non-overweight boys...
- Meyer B, Duvillard L, Owen A, Packard C, Caslake M. Fractionation of cholesteryl ester rich intermediate density lipoprotein subpopulations by chondroitin sulphate. Atherosclerosis. 2007;195:e28-34 pubmed..It remains to be determined if these cholesterol rich IDL particles are potentially more atherogenic than the triglyceride rich IDL particles. ..
- Pogoda T, Nikonova A, Kolosova T, Liudvikova E, Perova N, Limborskaia S. [Allelic variants of apolipoproteins B and CII genes in patients with ischemic heart disease and in healthy persons from the Moscow population]. Genetika. 1995;31:1001-9 pubmed..Individuals of the control group with the allele APOCII 30 exhibited hypertriglyceridemia without increased levels of total cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in plasma. ..
- Kinnunen P, Jackson R, Smith L, Gotto A, Sparrow J. Activation of lipoprotein lipase by native and synthetic fragments of human plasma apolipoprotein C-II. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1977;74:4848-51 pubmed..These studies suggest that the maximal activation of LPL by apoC-II requires a minimal sequence contained within residues 55--78. ..
- Hughes T, Gaber A, Amiri H, Wang X, Elmer D, Winsett R, et al. Lipoprotein composition in insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus with chronic renal failure: effect of kidney and pancreas transplantation. Metabolism. 1994;43:333-47 pubmed..The addition of a pancreas to a kidney transplant had no obvious impact on the lipoproteins.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS)..
- Lontie J, Malmendier C, Serougne C, Dubois D, Dachet C, Ferezou J, et al. Plasma lipids, lipoproteins and apolipoproteins in two kindreds of hypobetalipoproteinemia. Atherosclerosis. 1990;83:187-96 pubmed..Due to the net reduction of apolipoprotein B-containing particles (VLDL and LDL) as acceptors of lipids in HBL, there is an accumulation of large particles rich in cholesteryl esters. ..
- Sehayek E, Eisenberg S. Mechanisms of inhibition by apolipoprotein C of apolipoprotein E-dependent cellular metabolism of human triglyceride-rich lipoproteins through the low density lipoprotein receptor pathway. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:18259-67 pubmed
- Windler E, Havel R. Inhibitory effects of C apolipoproteins from rats and humans on the uptake of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins and their remnants by the perfused rat liver. J Lipid Res. 1985;26:556-65 pubmed..Preferential loss of apolipoprotein C-II during remnant formation may regulate the termination of triglyceride hydrolysis prior to complete removal of triglycerides from chylomicrons and VLDL. ..
- Zysow B, Pullinger C, Hennessy L, Farese R, Ghassemzadeh M, Kane J. The apolipoprotein C-II variant apoC-IILys19-->Thr is not associated with dyslipidemia in an affected kindred. Clin Genet. 1994;45:292-7 pubmed..The single nucleotide substitution-that causes the apoC-IILys19-->Thr variant introduces a previously unrecognized restriction site (for Mae III), that provides for easy screening. ..
- Joven J, Villabona C, Vilella E. Pattern of hyperlipoproteinemia in human nephrotic syndrome: influence of renal failure and diabetes mellitus. Nephron. 1993;64:565-9 pubmed
- Baggio G, Manzato E, Gabelli C, Fellin R, Martini S, Enzi G, et al. Apolipoprotein C-II deficiency syndrome. Clinical features, lipoprotein characterization, lipase activity, and correction of hypertriglyceridemia after apolipoprotein C-II administration in two affected patients. J Clin Invest. 1986;77:520-7 pubmed..A possible therapeutic role for replacement therapy of apo C-II by synthetic or recombinant apo C-II in those patients with severe hypertriglyceridemia and recurrent pancreatitis may be possible in the future. ..
- Pan X, Cheung M, Walden C, Hu S, Bierman E, Albers J. Abnormal composition of apoproteins C-I, C-II, and C-III in plasma and very-low-density lipoproteins of non-insulin-dependent diabetic Chinese. Clin Chem. 1986;32:1914-20 pubmed..Therefore, the higher concentrations of very-low-density lipoprotein in male diabetics may not reflect hyperglycemia per se. ..
- Zouali H, Faure Delanef L, Lucotte G. Chromosome 19 locus apolipoprotein C-II association with multiple sclerosis. Mult Scler. 1999;5:134-6 pubmed..04) with MS due to the increased frequency of the allele 6 and a decrease frequency (P < 0.03) of allele I. Our study confirms that the apolipoprotein C-II region may influence susceptibility to MS. ..
- Mak P, Laffitte B, Desrumaux C, Joseph S, Curtiss L, Mangelsdorf D, et al. Regulated expression of the apolipoprotein E/C-I/C-IV/C-II gene cluster in murine and human macrophages. A critical role for nuclear liver X receptors alpha and beta. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:31900-8 pubmed..These results suggest an alternative mechanism by which lipids are removed from macrophage foam cells. ..
- Kardassis D, Roussou A, Papakosta P, Boulias K, Talianidis I, Zannis V. Synergism between nuclear receptors bound to specific hormone response elements of the hepatic control region-1 and the proximal apolipoprotein C-II promoter mediate apolipoprotein C-II gene regulation by bile acids and retinoids. Biochem J. 2003;372:291-304 pubmed
- Christoffersen C, Nielsen L, Axler O, Andersson A, Johnsen A, Dahlback B. Isolation and characterization of human apolipoprotein M-containing lipoproteins. J Lipid Res. 2006;47:1833-43 pubmed..Nevertheless, apoM designates a subpopulation of HDL that protects LDL against oxidation and stimulates cholesterol efflux more efficiently than HDL lacking apoM. ..
- Pullinger C, Zysow B, Hennessy L, Frost P, Malloy M, Kane J. Molecular cloning and characteristics of a new apolipoprotein C-II mutant identified in three unrelated individuals with hypercholesterolemia and hypertriglyceridemia. Hum Mol Genet. 1993;2:69-74 pubmed..The presence of other factors acting together with the variant may predispose to elevated lipid levels. ..
- Huard K, Bourgeois P, Rhainds D, Falstrault L, Cohn J, Brissette L. Apolipoproteins C-II and C-III inhibit selective uptake of low- and high-density lipoprotein cholesteryl esters in HepG2 cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:1308-18 pubmed..These results indicate that apoC-II and apoC-III inhibit CE-selective uptake. ..
- Pulawa L, Jensen D, Coates A, Eckel R. Reduction of plasma triglycerides in apolipoprotein C-II transgenic mice overexpressing lipoprotein lipase in muscle. J Lipid Res. 2007;48:145-51 pubmed..Furthermore, the decrease of LPL activity in the heart, along with the inhibitory effects of excess apoC-II, may contribute to the hypertriglyceridemia observed in apoC-II transgenic mice. ..
- Jong M, Hofker M, Havekes L. Role of ApoCs in lipoprotein metabolism: functional differences between ApoC1, ApoC2, and ApoC3. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:472-84 pubmed
- MacPhee C, Hatters D, Sawyer W, Howlett G. Apolipoprotein C-II39-62 activates lipoprotein lipase by direct lipid-independent binding. Biochemistry. 2000;39:3433-40 pubmed
- Lookene A, Beckstead J, Nilsson S, Olivecrona G, Ryan R. Apolipoprotein A-V-heparin interactions: implications for plasma lipoprotein metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25383-7 pubmed..Through such interactions, apoA-V may indirectly affect LPL activity, possibly explaining its inverse correlation with plasma TG levels. ..
- Hegele R, Connelly P, Maguire G, Huff M, Leiter L, Wolfe B, et al. An apolipoprotein CII mutation, CIILys19----Thr' identified in patients with hyperlipidemia. Dis Markers. 1991;9:73-80 pubmed
- Remaley A, Stonik J, Demosky S, Neufeld E, Bocharov A, Vishnyakova T, et al. Apolipoprotein specificity for lipid efflux by the human ABCAI transporter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;280:818-23 pubmed..In summary, ABCAI-mediated cellular binding of apolipoproteins and lipid efflux is not specific for only apoA-I but can also occur with other apolipoproteins that contain multiple amphipathic helical domains...
- Connelly P, Maguire G, Vezina C, Hegele R, Little J. Identification of disulfide-linked apolipoprotein species in human lipoproteins. J Lipid Res. 1993;34:1717-27 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the molecular species of cysteine-containing apolipoproteins are complex and should be considered in studies of human lipoprotein composition and function. ..