Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aplp2
Description: amyloid beta precursor like protein 2
Alias: APLP-2, Apph, WALPLP2, amyloid-like protein 2, Amyloid protein precursor-like protein 2, amyloid beta (A4) precursor-like protein 2, amyloid beta (A4) precursor-like protein 2-like, sperm membrane protein (YWK-II)
- Trillaud Doppia E, Paradis Isler N, Boehm J. A single amino acid difference between the intracellular domains of amyloid precursor protein and amyloid-like precursor protein 2 enables induction of synaptic depression and block of long-term potentiation. Neurobiol Dis. 2016;91:94-104 pubmed publisher..induces synaptic depression, while the intracellular domain of its homolog amyloid-like precursor protein 2 (APLP2-ICD) does not. We are able to show that this effect by APP-ICD is due to a single alanine vs...
- von Koch C, Zheng H, Chen H, Trumbauer M, Thinakaran G, Van der Ploeg L, et al. Generation of APLP2 KO mice and early postnatal lethality in APLP2/APP double KO mice. Neurobiol Aging. 1997;18:661-9 pubmed..precursor protein (APP) is a member of a larger gene family including amyloid precursor-like proteins (APLP), APLP2 and APLP1. To examine the function of APLP2 in vivo, we generated APLP2 knockout (KO) mice...
- Soba P, Eggert S, Wagner K, Zentgraf H, Siehl K, Kreger S, et al. Homo- and heterodimerization of APP family members promotes intercellular adhesion. EMBO J. 2005;24:3624-34 pubmed..of APP family proteins promotes cell-cell adhesion in a homo- and heterotypic fashion and that endogenous APLP2 is required for cell-cell adhesion in mouse embryonic fibroblasts...
- von Der Kammer H, Hanes J, Klaudiny J, Scheit K. A human amyloid precursor-like protein is highly homologous to a mouse sequence-specific DNA-binding protein. DNA Cell Biol. 1994;13:1137-43 pubmedFrom a cDNA sequence, we have deduced the amino acid sequence for a human amyloid precursor-like protein (APPH) with > 92% identity to the CDEI binding protein (CDEBP) of the mouse and the fragmentary rat protein YWK-II of unknown ..
- Sandbrink R, Masters C, Beyreuther K. Complete nucleotide and deduced amino acid sequence of rat amyloid protein precursor-like protein 2 (APLP2/APPH): two amino acids length difference to human and murine homologues. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1994;1219:167-70 pubmedWe present the cDNA sequence of the rat amyloid precursor-like protein 2 (APLP2) comprising the complete coding sequence of 765 amino acid residues...
- Herms J, Anliker B, Heber S, Ring S, Fuhrmann M, Kretzschmar H, et al. Cortical dysplasia resembling human type 2 lissencephaly in mice lacking all three APP family members. EMBO J. 2004;23:4106-15 pubmed..APP) is a member of a larger gene family that includes the amyloid precursor-like proteins, termed APLP1 and APLP2. We previously documented that APLP2-/-APLP1-/- and APLP2-/-APP-/- mice die postnatally, while APLP1-/-APP-/- mice ..
- Pluta R, Kocki J, UÅ‚amek KozioÅ‚ M, Petniak A, Gil Kulik P, Januszewski S, et al. Discrepancy in Expression of Î²-Secretase and Amyloid-Î² Protein Precursor in Alzheimer-Related Genes in the Rat Medial Temporal Lobe Cortex Following Transient Global Brain Ischemia. J Alzheimers Dis. 2016;51:1023-31 pubmed publisher..Finally, the ischemia-induced gene changes may play a key role in a late and slow onset of Alzheimer-type pathology. ..