Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap2b1
Description: adaptor-related protein complex 2, beta 1 subunit
Alias: AP-2 complex subunit beta, AP-1 complex subunit beta-1-like, AP105B, adapter-related protein complex 2 beta subunit, adapter-related protein complex 2 subunit beta, adaptor protein complex AP-2 subunit beta, adaptor-related protein complex 2 subunit beta, beta-2-adaptin, beta-adaptin, beta2-adaptin, clathrin assembly protein complex 2 beta large chain, plasma membrane adaptor HA2/AP2 adaptin beta subunit
- Mishra S, Keyel P, Edeling M, Dupin A, Owen D, Traub L. Functional dissection of an AP-2 beta2 appendage-binding sequence within the autosomal recessive hypercholesterolemia protein. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19270-80 pubmed..We suggested that biased beta subunit engagement by ARH and the only other beta2 appendage selective adaptor, beta-arrestin, promotes efficient incorporation of this mechanistically distinct subset of CLASPs into clathrin-coated buds. ..
- Hood F, Royle S. Functional equivalence of the clathrin heavy chains CHC17 and CHC22 in endocytosis and mitosis. J Cell Sci. 2009;122:2185-90 pubmed publisher..We find that CHC17 and CHC22 are functionally equivalent. We also describe how previous work on CHC22 has involved a splice variant that is not usually expressed in cells. ..
- Fukamachi K, Matsuoka Y, Ohno H, Hamaguchi T, Tsuda H. Neuronal leucine-rich repeat protein-3 amplifies MAPK activation by epidermal growth factor through a carboxyl-terminal region containing endocytosis motifs. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:43549-52 pubmed..We propose that NLRR-3 potentiates Ras-MAPK signaling by facilitating internalization of EGF in clathrin-coated vesicles. ..
- Collins B, McCoy A, Kent H, Evans P, Owen D. Molecular architecture and functional model of the endocytic AP2 complex. Cell. 2002;109:523-35 pubmed..A model for AP2 recruitment and activation is proposed. ..
- Drake M, Traub L. Interaction of two structurally distinct sequence types with the clathrin terminal domain beta-propeller. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:28700-9 pubmed..Together, the data provide evidence for two interaction surfaces upon certain endocytic accessory proteins that could cooperate with other coat components to enhance clathrin bud formation at the cell surface. ..
- Gallusser A, Kirchhausen T. The beta 1 and beta 2 subunits of the AP complexes are the clathrin coat assembly components. EMBO J. 1993;12:5237-44 pubmed..It is proposed that the principal function of the beta subunits is to initiate coat formation, while the remaining subunits of the AP complexes have other roles in coated pit and coated vesicle function...
- Kirchhausen T, Nathanson K, Matsui W, Vaisberg A, Chow E, Burne C, et al. Structural and functional division into two domains of the large (100- to 115-kDa) chains of the clathrin-associated protein complex AP-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:2612-6 pubmed..Their amino-terminal domains are relatively invariant whereas their carboxyl-terminal domains are variable in both sequence and length. We propose that the variable domains select receptors for inclusion in coated vesicles. ..
- Morgan J, Prasad K, Hao W, Augustine G, Lafer E. A conserved clathrin assembly motif essential for synaptic vesicle endocytosis. J Neurosci. 2000;20:8667-76 pubmed..These results reveal the structural basis for clathrin assembly and provide novel insights into the molecular mechanism of clathrin-mediated synaptic vesicle endocytosis. ..