Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap2a2
Description: adaptor-related protein complex 2, alpha 2 subunit
Alias: AP-2 complex subunit alpha-2, 100 kDa coated vesicle protein C, adapter-related protein complex 2 alpha-2 subunit, adapter-related protein complex 2 subunit alpha-2, adaptor protein complex AP-2 subunit alpha-2, adaptor protein complex AP-2, alpha 2 subunit, adaptor-related protein complex 2 subunit alpha-2, alpha-adaptin C, alpha2-adaptin, clathrin assembly protein complex 2 alpha-C large chain, plasma membrane adaptor HA2/AP2 adaptin alpha C subunit
- Collaco A, Jakab R, Hegan P, Mooseker M, Ameen N. Alpha-AP-2 directs myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator chloride channels in the intestine. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:17177-87 pubmed publisher..The findings support alpha-AP-2 in directing myosin VI-dependent endocytosis of CFTR and a requirement for myosin VI in membrane invagination and coated pit formation in enterocytes. ..
- Mishra S, Keyel P, Hawryluk M, Agostinelli N, Watkins S, Traub L. Disabled-2 exhibits the properties of a cargo-selective endocytic clathrin adaptor. EMBO J. 2002;21:4915-26 pubmed
- Drake M, Downs M, Traub L. Epsin binds to clathrin by associating directly with the clathrin-terminal domain. Evidence for cooperative binding through two discrete sites. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:6479-89 pubmed
- Page L, Sowerby P, Lui W, Robinson M. Gamma-synergin: an EH domain-containing protein that interacts with gamma-adaptin. J Cell Biol. 1999;146:993-1004 pubmed..The presence of an EH domain suggests that gamma-synergin links the AP-1 complex to another protein or proteins. ..
- Kirchhausen T, Nathanson K, Matsui W, Vaisberg A, Chow E, Burne C, et al. Structural and functional division into two domains of the large (100- to 115-kDa) chains of the clathrin-associated protein complex AP-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:2612-6 pubmed..Their amino-terminal domains are relatively invariant whereas their carboxyl-terminal domains are variable in both sequence and length. We propose that the variable domains select receptors for inclusion in coated vesicles. ..
- Kalthoff C, Alves J, Urbanke C, Knorr R, Ungewickell E. Unusual structural organization of the endocytic proteins AP180 and epsin 1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:8209-16 pubmed
- Ritter B, Denisov A, Philie J, Allaire P, Legendre Guillemin V, Zylbergold P, et al. The NECAP PHear domain increases clathrin accessory protein binding potential. EMBO J. 2007;26:4066-77 pubmed..Our data uncover a striking convergence of two evolutionarily and structurally distinct modules to recognize a common peptide motif and promote efficient endocytosis. ..
- Tokumitsu H, Hatano N, Yokokura S, Sueyoshi Y, Nozaki N, Kobayashi R. Phosphorylation of Numb regulates its interaction with the clathrin-associated adaptor AP-2. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:5797-801 pubmed..These findings suggest a novel mechanism for the regulation of Numb-mediated endocytosis, namely through direct phosphorylation. ..
- Zhang Y, Moheban D, Conway B, Bhattacharyya A, Segal R. Cell surface Trk receptors mediate NGF-induced survival while internalized receptors regulate NGF-induced differentiation. J Neurosci. 2000;20:5671-8 pubmed..Thus, interactions between Trk receptor tyrosine kinases and intracellular signaling molecules are dictated both by phosphotyrosine motifs within the receptors and by the intracellular location of phosphorylated receptors. ..
- Chen C, Brodsky F. Huntingtin-interacting protein 1 (Hip1) and Hip1-related protein (Hip1R) bind the conserved sequence of clathrin light chains and thereby influence clathrin assembly in vitro and actin distribution in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:6109-17 pubmed..Together these results suggest that the roles of Hip1 and Hip1R in affecting clathrin assembly and actin distribution are mediated by their interaction with the conserved sequence of clathrin light chains. ..
- Ting S, Deneault E, Hope K, Cellot S, Chagraoui J, Mayotte N, et al. Asymmetric segregation and self-renewal of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells with endocytic Ap2a2. Blood. 2012;119:2510-22 pubmed publisher..screen on a subcohort of candidate polarity genes, which revealed 6 novel positive regulators of HSC function: Ap2a2, Gpsm2, Tmod1, Kif3a, Racgap1, and Ccnb1...
- Lavezzari G, McCallum J, Lee R, Roche K. Differential binding of the AP-2 adaptor complex and PSD-95 to the C-terminus of the NMDA receptor subunit NR2B regulates surface expression. Neuropharmacology. 2003;45:729-37 pubmed
- Collins B, McCoy A, Kent H, Evans P, Owen D. Molecular architecture and functional model of the endocytic AP2 complex. Cell. 2002;109:523-35 pubmed..A model for AP2 recruitment and activation is proposed. ..
- Brett T, Traub L, Fremont D. Accessory protein recruitment motifs in clathrin-mediated endocytosis. Structure. 2002;10:797-809 pubmed..A mechanism of clathrin assembly regulation is suggested by three different AP-2 engagement modes. ..
- Burman J, Wasiak S, Ritter B, de Heuvel E, McPherson P. Aftiphilin is a component of the clathrin machinery in neurons. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:2177-84 pubmed..Aftiphilin is also found at synapses where it co-localizes with synaptophysin and AP-2. Our data suggest a role for aftiphilin in clathrin-mediated trafficking in neurons. ..
- Walther K, Diril M, Jung N, Haucke V. Functional dissection of the interactions of stonin 2 with the adaptor complex AP-2 and synaptotagmin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:964-9 pubmed..We hypothesize that stonin 2 may function as an AP-2-dependent sorting adaptor for synaptic vesicle recycling. ..
- Chen H, Slepnev V, Di Fiore P, De Camilli P. The interaction of epsin and Eps15 with the clathrin adaptor AP-2 is inhibited by mitotic phosphorylation and enhanced by stimulation-dependent dephosphorylation in nerve terminals. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:3257-60 pubmed
- Smith K, Muir J, Rao Y, Browarski M, Gruenig M, Sheehan D, et al. Stabilization of GABA(A) receptors at endocytic zones is mediated by an AP2 binding motif within the GABA(A) receptor ?3 subunit. J Neurosci. 2012;32:2485-98 pubmed publisher..Thus, AP2 binding to an RRR motif in the GABA(A)R ?3-subunit ICD regulates GABA(A)R residency time at EZs, steady-state synaptic receptor levels, and pathological loss of GABA(A)Rs from synapses during simulated ischemia. ..
- Voglmaier S, Keen J, Murphy J, Ferris C, Prestwich G, Snyder S, et al. Inositol hexakisphosphate receptor identified as the clathrin assembly protein AP-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;187:158-63 pubmed..The IP6 receptor protein analyzed by SDS-PAGE contains a series of subunits which are the same as those of AP-2. Antibodies to AP-2 react with the IP6 receptor protein in immunoblot analysis...