Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ap2a1
Description: adaptor-related protein complex 2, alpha 1 subunit
Alias: AP-2 complex subunit alpha-1, adaptor protein complex AP-2, alpha 1 subunit, alpha-adaptin A
- Mishra S, Keyel P, Hawryluk M, Agostinelli N, Watkins S, Traub L. Disabled-2 exhibits the properties of a cargo-selective endocytic clathrin adaptor. EMBO J. 2002;21:4915-26 pubmed
- Slepnev V, Ochoa G, Butler M, Grabs D, De Camilli P. Role of phosphorylation in regulation of the assembly of endocytic coat complexes. Science. 1998;281:821-4 pubmed..Thus, phosphorylation regulates the association and dissociation cycle of the clathrin-based endocytic machinery, and calcium-dependent dephosphorylation of endocytic proteins could prepare nerve terminals for a burst of endocytosis. ..
- Zhao Z, Sagare A, Ma Q, Halliday M, Kong P, Kisler K, et al. Central role for PICALM in amyloid-Î² blood-brain barrier transcytosis and clearance. Nat Neurosci. 2015;18:978-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, PICALM regulates AÎ² BBB transcytosis and clearance, which has implications for AÎ² brain homeostasis and clearance therapy. ..
- Yoshida H, Nagaoka A, Kusaka Kikushima A, Tobiishi M, Kawabata K, Sayo T, et al. KIAA1199, a deafness gene of unknown function, is a new hyaluronan binding protein involved in hyaluronan depolymerization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:5612-7 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that KIAA1199 is a unique hyaladherin with a key role in HA catabolism in the dermis of the skin and arthritic synovium. ..
- Di Paolo G, Sankaranarayanan S, Wenk M, Daniell L, Perucco E, Caldarone B, et al. Decreased synaptic vesicle recycling efficiency and cognitive deficits in amphiphysin 1 knockout mice. Neuron. 2002;33:789-804 pubmed..These defects correlate with increased mortality due to rare irreversible seizures and with major learning deficits, suggesting a critical role of amphiphysin for higher brain functions. ..
- Kamiguchi H, Yoshihara F. The role of endocytic l1 trafficking in polarized adhesion and migration of nerve growth cones. J Neurosci. 2001;21:9194-203 pubmed..These results indicate that the growth cone actively translocates CAMs to create spatial asymmetry in adhesive interactions with its environment and that this spatial asymmetry is important for growth cone migration. ..
- Nashida T, Yoshie S, Imai A, Shimomura H. Co-localization of rab4 with endocytosis-related proteins in the rat parotid glands. Arch Histol Cytol. 2003;66:45-52 pubmed..Rab5A immunoreactivity was distributed all around the cytoplasm. These findings suggested that Rab4 participates in endocytosis at the apical membrane of parotid glands. ..
- Yoshida H, Nagaoka A, Nakamura S, Sugiyama Y, Okada Y, Inoue S. Murine homologue of the human KIAA1199 is implicated in hyaluronan binding and depolymerization. FEBS Open Bio. 2013;3:352-6 pubmed publisher..We conclude that like hKIAA1199, mKiaa1199 is a hyaladherin, leading to HA depolymerization. ..
- Chen H, Slepnev V, Di Fiore P, De Camilli P. The interaction of epsin and Eps15 with the clathrin adaptor AP-2 is inhibited by mitotic phosphorylation and enhanced by stimulation-dependent dephosphorylation in nerve terminals. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:3257-60 pubmed