Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aoc1
Description: amine oxidase, copper containing 1
Alias: Abp, Abp1, amiloride-sensitive amine oxidase [copper-containing], DAO, amiloride binding protein 1 (amine oxidase, copper-containing), amiloride-binding protein 1, amiloride-sensitive amine oxidase, amine oxidase copper domain-containing protein 1, diamine oxidase, histaminase
- Ippolito J, Merritt M, Backhed F, Moulder K, Mennerick S, Manchester J, et al. Linkage between cellular communications, energy utilization, and proliferation in metastatic neuroendocrine cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:12505-10 pubmed..Treatment of nude mice containing PNEC tumor xenografts with (i) amiloride, a diuretic that inhibits Abp1, an enzyme involved in NE cell GABA metabolism, (ii) carbidopa, an inhibitor of dopa decarboxylase which functions ..
- Lingueglia E, Renard S, Voilley N, Waldmann R, Chassande O, Lazdunski M, et al. Molecular cloning and functional expression of different molecular forms of rat amiloride-binding proteins. Eur J Biochem. 1993;216:679-87 pubmed..from the pore-forming protein of the epithelial Na+ channel, the pharmacological profile of the long form of the ABP is identical to that described previously in pig and human kidney, and similar to that expected for an epithelial ..
- Kovacs P, Voigt B, Kloting I. Novel quantitative trait loci for blood pressure and related traits on rat chromosomes 1, 10, and 18. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;235:343-8 pubmed..On chromosome 10 there was a QTL for blood pressure found between Ppy and Abp and on chromosome 18 there were three regions (Ttr-Grl, Tilp-Gja1, Olf-D18Mit9) with linkage to blood pressure...
- McGrath A, Hilmer K, Collyer C, Shepard E, Elmore B, Brown D, et al. Structure and inhibition of human diamine oxidase. Biochemistry. 2009;48:9810-22 pubmed publisher..The product of the AOC1 gene is a so-called diamine oxidase (hDAO), named for its substrate preference for diamines, particularly histamine...
- Ji Y, Sakata Y, Li X, Zhang C, Yang Q, Xu M, et al. Lymphatic diamine oxidase secretion stimulated by fat absorption is linked with histamine release. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2013;304:G732-40 pubmed publisherb>Diamine oxidase (DAO) is abundantly expressed in mammalian small intestine catalyzing the oxidative breakdown of polyamines and histamine...
- Cai C, Li W, Chen J, Li X, Chen S. Diamine oxidase as a marker for diagnosis of superior mesenteric arterial occlusion. Hepatogastroenterology. 2012;59:155-8 pubmed publisherWe investigated changes in serum diamine oxidase (DAO) activity during superior mesenteric arterial occlusion. We aimed to evaluate its value in the early diagnosis of superior mesenteric arterial occlusion...