Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Angpt1
Description: angiopoietin 1
Alias: Agpt, Agpt1, Ang-1, angiopoietin-1
- Ray P, Estrada Hernandez T, Sasaki H, Zhu L, Maulik N. Early effects of hypoxia/reoxygenation on VEGF, ang-1, ang-2 and their receptors in the rat myocardium: implications for myocardial angiogenesis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2000;213:145-53 pubmed..The stimulation of myocardial angiogenesis by H/R may constitute a potential basis for a possible more long-lived adaptive response to stress afforded by preconditioning stimuli. ..
- Chen J, Cui X, Zacharek A, Jiang H, Roberts C, Zhang C, et al. Niaspan increases angiogenesis and improves functional recovery after stroke. Ann Neurol. 2007;62:49-58 pubmed..The Ang1/Tie2, phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt, and endothelial NOS pathways appear to mediate Niacin-induced angiogenesis. ..
- Bogdanovic E, Coombs N, Dumont D. Oligomerized Tie2 localizes to clathrin-coated pits in response to angiopoietin-1. Histochem Cell Biol. 2009;132:225-37 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that one pathway mediating the internalization of Tie2 in response to Ang1 is through clathrin-coated pits. ..
- Parborell F, Abramovich D, Tesone M. Intrabursal administration of the antiangiopoietin 1 antibody produces a delay in rat follicular development associated with an increase in ovarian apoptosis mediated by changes in the expression of BCL2 related genes. Biol Reprod. 2008;78:506-13 pubmed..To date, no reports have addressed the actions of the anti-ANGPT1 antibody on gonadotropin-stimulated follicular development and atresia in the ovary...
- Ye F, Florian M, Magder S, Hussain S. Regulation of angiopoietin and Tie-2 receptor expression in non-reproductive tissues by estrogen. Steroids. 2002;67:305-10 pubmed
- Hori S, Ohtsuki S, Hosoya K, Nakashima E, Terasaki T. A pericyte-derived angiopoietin-1 multimeric complex induces occludin gene expression in brain capillary endothelial cells through Tie-2 activation in vitro. J Neurochem. 2004;89:503-13 pubmed..In conclusion, in vitro BBB model studies revealed that the pericyte-derived multimeric angiopoietin-1/Tie-2 pathway induces occludin expression. ..
- Nadar S, Blann A, Lip G. Effects of aspirin on intra-platelet vascular endothelial growth factor, angiopoietin-1, and p-selectin levels in hypertensive patients. Am J Hypertens. 2006;19:970-7; discussion 978 pubmed..This may have implications for the use of aspirin in conditions (such as vascular disease) that have been associated with an increase in angiogenesis and platelet activation. ..
- Yang X, Liu L. The role of angiopoietin-1 and thrombospondin-1 in the kidney of rats subject to 5/6 nephrectomy. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2009;29:557-62 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that there are changes in the mRNA expression of Ang-1, and the significant up-regulation of the expression of TSP-1 in renal tissue of rats with STN, which may be involved in the remnant renal microvasculature injury. ..
- Hansen T, Singh H, Tahir T, Brindle N. Effects of angiopoietins-1 and -2 on the receptor tyrosine kinase Tie2 are differentially regulated at the endothelial cell surface. Cell Signal. 2010;22:527-32 pubmed publisher..This provides a mechanism by which signalling through Tie2 can be modified by stimuli in the cellular microenvironment. ..
- Mandriota S, Pepper M. Regulation of angiopoietin-2 mRNA levels in bovine microvascular endothelial cells by cytokines and hypoxia. Circ Res. 1998;83:852-9 pubmed..These findings suggest that the angiogenic effect of a number of regulators may be achieved in part through the regulation of an autocrine loop of Ang2 activity in microvascular endothelial cells. ..
- Wurmbach J, Hammerer P, Sevinc S, Huland H, Ergun S. The expression of angiopoietins and their receptor Tie-2 in human prostate carcinoma. Anticancer Res. 2000;20:5217-20 pubmed..The results presented indicate a role of angiopoietin-Tie-2 system, particularly of angiopoietin-2 in the vascularization of PCa. ..
- Ardelt A, McCullough L, Korach K, Wang M, Munzenmaier D, Hurn P. Estradiol regulates angiopoietin-1 mRNA expression through estrogen receptor-alpha in a rodent experimental stroke model. Stroke. 2005;36:337-41 pubmed..These results suggest that E2 increases Ang-1 and enhances capillary density in brain under basal conditions, priming the MCA territory for survival after experimental focal ischemia. ..
- Hata K, Udagawa J, Fujiwaki R, Nakayama K, Otani H, Miyazaki K. Expression of angiopoietin-1, angiopoietin-2, and Tie2 genes in normal ovary with corpus luteum and in ovarian cancer. Oncology. 2002;62:340-8 pubmed..This finding may aid in the development of new therapeutic interventions for ovarian cancer. ..
- Cho Y, Han J, Lee S, Jeon B, Choi W, Hwang Y, et al. Temporal changes of angiopoietins and Tie2 expression in rat lungs after monocrotaline-induced pulmonary hypertension. Comp Med. 2009;59:350-6 pubmed..These results suggest that Ang2 mediates vascular remodeling in PH by decreasing Tie2 expression. Therefore, the Ang-Tie2 system may play a role in the pathophysiology of PH. ..
- Takahashi M, Suzuki E, Kumano S, Oba S, Sato T, Nishimatsu H, et al. Angiopoietin-1 mediates adipose tissue-derived stem cell-induced inhibition of neointimal formation in rat femoral artery. Circ J. 2013;77:1574-84 pubmed..The results also suggested that Ang1 inhibited neointimal formation via stimulation of reendothelialization and suppression of macrophage infiltration in the neointima.? ..
- Hammes H, Lin J, Wagner P, Feng Y, Vom Hagen F, Krzizok T, et al. Angiopoietin-2 causes pericyte dropout in the normal retina: evidence for involvement in diabetic retinopathy. Diabetes. 2004;53:1104-10 pubmed..Injection of angiopoietin-2 into the eyes of normal rats induced a dose-dependent pericyte loss. These data show that upregulation of angiopoietin-2 plays a critical role in the loss of pericytes in the diabetic retina. ..
- Baldewijns M, Thijssen V, Van den Eynden G, Van Laere S, Bluekens A, Roskams T, et al. High-grade clear cell renal cell carcinoma has a higher angiogenic activity than low-grade renal cell carcinoma based on histomorphological quantification and qRT-PCR mRNA expression profile. Br J Cancer. 2007;96:1888-95 pubmed..revealed a higher expression of vessel maturation and stabilisation factors (placental growth factor, PDGFB1, angiopoietin 1) in CC-RCC with high MVD, a group of CC-RCC highly enriched in low nuclear grade CC-RCC, with low ECP%...
- Shyu K, Liang Y, Chang H, Wang B, Leu J, Kuan P. Enhanced expression of angiopoietin-2 and the Tie2 receptor but not angiopoietin-1 or the Tie1 receptor in a rat model of myocardial infarction. J Biomed Sci. 2004;11:163-71 pubmed..In conclusion, Ang2 and Tie2 expressions significantly increased both spatial and temporal patterns after myocardial infarction in the rat ventricular myocardium, while Ang1 and Tie1 receptor expression did not. ..
- Kwak H, So J, Lee S, Kim I, Koh G. Angiopoietin-1 is an apoptosis survival factor for endothelial cells. FEBS Lett. 1999;448:249-53 pubmed..This Ang1-induced strong antiapoptotic effect in endothelial cells is a novel and intriguing finding and could be an additional description of Ang1-induced direct biological function. ..
- Liu X, Chen H, Chen H, Zhu M, Hu X, Wang Y, et al. Angiopoietin-1 preconditioning enhances survival and functional recovery of mesenchymal stem cell transplantation. J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. 2012;13:616-23 pubmed publisher..Ang1 preconditioning enhances MSC survival, contributing to further improvement of heart function. ..
- Sullivan C, Du L, Chu D, Cho A, Kido M, Wolf P, et al. Induction of pulmonary hypertension by an angiopoietin 1/TIE2/serotonin pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:12331-6 pubmed..Rodents engineered to express angiopoietin 1 (Ang-1) constitutively in the lung develop severe pulmonary hypertension...
- Shimizu H, Mitsuhashi N, Ohtsuka M, Ito H, Kimura F, Ambiru S, et al. Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietins regulate sinusoidal regeneration and remodeling after partial hepatectomy in rats. World J Gastroenterol. 2005;11:7254-60 pubmed..However, the VEGF system plays a more important role in the early phase of sinusoidal regeneration than angiopoietin/Tie system. ..
- Koyama Y, Maebara Y, Hayashi M, Nagae R, Tokuyama S, Michinaga S. Endothelins reciprocally regulate VEGF-A and angiopoietin-1 production in cultured rat astrocytes: implications on astrocytic proliferation. Glia. 2012;60:1954-63 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ET-1 is a factor regulating astrocytic VEGF-A and ANG-1, and that increased VEGF-A production potentiates ET-induced astrocytic proliferation by an autocrine mechanism. ..
- Kosacka J, Nowicki M, Kacza J, Borlak J, Engele J, Spanel Borowski K. Adipocyte-derived angiopoietin-1 supports neurite outgrowth and synaptogenesis of sensory neurons. J Neurosci Res. 2006;83:1160-9 pubmed..It is concluded that adipocyte-secreted Ang-1 supports neurite outgrowth, which is involved in synaptogenesis. The novel function of Ang-1 appears to play a physiological role in WAT plasticity. ..
- Carswell H, McBride M, Graham D, Dominiczak A, Macrae I. Mutant animal models of stroke and gene expression: the stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rat. Methods Mol Med. 2005;104:49-74 pubmed..Sections are included on quantitative trait loci, mapping, and congenic strain construction for the identification of genetic determinants of stroke sensitivity in the SHRSP. ..
- Song H, Suehiro J, Kanki Y, Kawai Y, Inoue K, Daida H, et al. Critical role for GATA3 in mediating Tie2 expression and function in large vessel endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:29109-24 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that GATA3 is indispensable for Ang-1-Tie2-mediated signaling in large vessel endothelial cells. ..
- Ritz M, Graumann U, Gutierrez B, Hausmann O. Traumatic spinal cord injury alters angiogenic factors and TGF-beta1 that may affect vascular recovery. Curr Neurovasc Res. 2010;7:301-10 pubmed..These findings should be considered in order to improve therapeutic interventions. ..
- Lu Y, Deng A, Li N, Song M, Yang X, Liu J. Changes in angiopoietin expression in glomeruli involved in glomerulosclerosis in rats with daunorubicin-induced nephrosis. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2006;27:579-87 pubmed..Moreover, local expression of Ang2 may facilitate the progress of glomerulosclerosis by upregulating a component expression of extracellular matrix. ..
- Xu J, Lan D, Li T, Yang G, Liu L. Angiopoietins regulate vascular reactivity after haemorrhagic shock in rats through the Tie2-nitric oxide pathway. Cardiovasc Res. 2012;96:308-19 pubmed publisher..Ang-2 was mainly responsible for the hyporeactivity at late shock through the Tie2-Erk-iNOS pathway and the release of a large amount of NO. ..
- Kim J, Cho H, Kim J, Hur S, Kim T, Lee J, et al. AAC-11 overexpression induces invasion and protects cervical cancer cells from apoptosis. Lab Invest. 2000;80:587-94 pubmed..These results suggest that AAC-11 may serve as a candidate metastasis-related and apoptosis-inhibiting gene in human cervical cancer. ..
- Madsen K, Marcussen N, Pedersen M, Kjaersgaard G, Facemire C, Coffman T, et al. Angiotensin II promotes development of the renal microcirculation through AT1 receptors. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:448-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that angiotensin II promotes postnatal expansion of postglomerular capillaries and organization of vasa recta bundles, which are necessary for development of normal renal blood flow. ..
- Wang Y, Song J, Han X, Liu Y, Wang X, Li Z, et al. Effects of angiopoietin-1 on inflammatory injury in endothelial progenitor cells and blood vessels. Curr Gene Ther. 2014;14:128-35 pubmed
- Zan L, Song Y, Teng G, Li H, Liu W, Jia Y, et al. [Expression and function of vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietins in rat brain after cerebral ischemia]. Zhonghua Bing Li Xue Za Zhi. 2011;40:834-9 pubmed..219 ± 0.887) µg/g, P < 0.01]. Dynamic temporal changes in VEGF, Ang-1 and Ang-2 expression stimulate the cerebral angiogenesis after focal cerebral ischemia. ..
- Takakura N, Huang X, Naruse T, Hamaguchi I, Dumont D, Yancopoulos G, et al. Critical role of the TIE2 endothelial cell receptor in the development of definitive hematopoiesis. Immunity. 1998;9:677-86 pubmed..5 d.p.c. P-Sp. Adhesion of TIE2+ cells induced by Angiopoietin-1 enhanced the proliferation of hematopoietic progenitor cells. ..
- Yang Y, Chen Z, Liu F, Huang S. [The expression and significance of the angiopoietin-1 in the kidney of diabetic rats]. Sichuan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2007;38:93-6, 104 pubmed..The change of Ang-1, which is early upregulation and late downregulation, exists in diabetic renal tissue. The unusual expression of Ang-1 is partly connected with the renal changes of diabetic rats. ..
- Abou Khalil R, Le Grand F, Pallafacchina G, Valable S, Authier F, Rudnicki M, et al. Autocrine and paracrine angiopoietin 1/Tie-2 signaling promotes muscle satellite cell self-renewal. Cell Stem Cell. 2009;5:298-309 pubmed publisher..We studied the role of angiopoietin 1 (Ang1) and its receptor Tie-2 in the regulation of myogenic precursor cell (mpc) fate...
- Park C, Kim D, Park M, Kim M, Kim N, Kim C, et al. Chinese prescription Kangen-karyu and Salviae Miltiorrhizae Radix improve age-related oxidative stress and inflammatory response through the PI3K/Akt or MAPK pathways. Am J Chin Med. 2014;42:987-1005 pubmed publisher..This study provides scientific evidence that Kangen-karyu and Salviae Miltiorrhizae Radix improve the inflammatory responses via the PI3K/Akt or MAPK pathways in the kidney of old rats...
- Childs E, Tharakan B, Byrge N, Tinsley J, Hunter F, Smythe W. Angiopoietin-1 inhibits intrinsic apoptotic signaling and vascular hyperpermeability following hemorrhagic shock. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H2285-95 pubmed publisher..b>Angiopoietin 1 (Ang-1), a potent inhibitor of hyperpermeability, was recently shown to inhibit apoptosis...
- Wen C, Ito M, Chen L, Matsuu M, Shichijo K, Nakayama T, et al. Expression of Tie-2 and angiopoietin-1 and -2 in early phase of ulcer healing. J Gastroenterol. 2003;38:431-5 pubmed..These findings suggest that Tie-2 and Ang-1 and -2 play an important role in angiogenesis in the early phase of ulcer healing. ..
- Katoh S, Kamimoto T, Yamakawa D, Takakura N. Lipid rafts serve as signaling platforms for Tie2 receptor tyrosine kinase in vascular endothelial cells. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2818-23 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that lipid rafts serve as signaling platforms for Tie2 receptor tyrosine kinase in vascular endothelial cells, especially for the Akt pathway. ..
- Reiss Y, Machein M, Plate K. The role of angiopoietins during angiogenesis in gliomas. Brain Pathol. 2005;15:311-7 pubmed
- Quentin T, Schlott T, Korabiowska M, Käthei N, Zoller G, Glaser F, et al. Alteration of the vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietins-1 and -2 pathways in transitional cell carcinomas of the urinary bladder associated with tumor progression. Anticancer Res. 2004;24:2745-56 pubmed..The current data indicate that the signaling molecular-genetic pathways underlying vascular remodeling are involved in the progression of urinary bladder cancer to a more malignant and aggressive behaviour. ..
- Wang Z, Cui M, Sun L, Jia Z, Bai Y, Ma K, et al. Angiopoietin-1 protects H9c2 cells from H2O2-induced apoptosis through AKT signaling. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;359:685-90 pubmed..This effect could be reversed by AKT inhibition. These results suggest that Ang1 protects cardiomyocytes from oxidative stress-induced apoptosis by regulating the activity of AKT. ..
- Salmon A, Neal C, Sage L, Glass C, Harper S, Bates D. Angiopoietin-1 alters microvascular permeability coefficients in vivo via modification of endothelial glycocalyx. Cardiovasc Res. 2009;83:24-33 pubmed publisher..Anatomical, biochemical, and physiological evidence indicates that modification of endothelial glycocalyx is a novel mechanism of action of Ang1 that contributes to these effects. ..
- Tugues S, Fernandez Varo G, Muñoz Luque J, Ros J, Arroyo V, Rodes J, et al. Antiangiogenic treatment with sunitinib ameliorates inflammatory infiltrate, fibrosis, and portal pressure in cirrhotic rats. Hepatology. 2007;46:1919-26 pubmed..These results suggest that multitargeted therapies against angiogenesis, inflammation, and fibrosis merit consideration in the treatment of cirrhosis. ..
- Kosacka J, Figiel M, Engele J, Hilbig H, Majewski M, Spanel Borowski K. Angiopoietin-1 promotes neurite outgrowth from dorsal root ganglion cells positive for Tie-2 receptor. Cell Tissue Res. 2005;320:11-9 pubmed..We conclude that Ang-1 promotes neurite outgrowth from DRG cells positive for Tie-2 receptor. The signalling pathway appears to involve transactivation of the trkA receptor. ..
- Cordeiro A, Figueiredo A, Tomada I, de Almeida H, Neves D. Characterization of the expression of Ang1, Ang2, and Tie2 in the Corpus Cavernosum of the rat during aging. Microsc Microanal. 2010;16:699-709 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the angiopoietin/Tie2 system participate in the vascular maintenance and remodeling of the CC during aging. ..
- Kraizer Y, Mawasi N, Seagal J, Paizi M, Assy N, Spira G. Vascular endothelial growth factor and angiopoietin in liver regeneration. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:209-15 pubmed..We now report similar effect using VEGF121, further demonstrating the benefit of manipulating growth factors where such an intervention is required. ..
- Zheng Q, Zhu D, Bai Y, Wu Y, Jia J, Hu Y. Exercise improves recovery after ischemic brain injury by inducing the expression of angiopoietin-1 and Tie-2 in rats. Tohoku J Exp Med. 2011;224:221-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the importance of angiogenesis in rehabilitation for post-ischemia brain injury and help to explain the underlying mechanism. ..
- Parborell F, Abramovich D, Irusta G, Tesone M. Angiopoietin 1 reduces rat follicular atresia mediated by apoptosis through the PI3K/Akt pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;343:79-87 pubmed publisherThe aim of this study was to determine the effect of the local inhibition of ANGPT1 on steroid production, proliferation and apoptosis of ovarian follicular cells and on the PI3K/AKT pathway...
- Li L, Barlow K, Metheny Barlow L. Angiopoietins and Tie2 in health and disease. Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2005;2:399-408 pubmed..These data suggest that modulation of the Ang/Tie2 system may prove to be a desirable therapeutic goal in the treatment of a diverse array of pathological conditions. ..
- Qiao J, Luan B, Han S, Wang X. [Expression of angiopoietin-1 and its tyrosine kinase receptor Tie-2 in the airway of asthmatic rats]. Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi. 2008;10:642-6 pubmed..Ang-1 and Tie-2 may participate in the process of airway remodeling in asthma. Dexamethasone can decrease the expression of Ang-1 and Tie-2 in the airway and relieve the changes of airway morphology. ..
- Liu L, Jiang Y, Steinle J. Compound 49b Restores Retinal Thickness and Reduces Degenerate Capillaries in the Rat Retina following Ischemia/Reperfusion. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0159532 pubmed publisher..factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3), vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF) and its receptor (KDR), angiopoietin 1 and its receptor Tie2 for Western blotting...
- Onda T, Honmou O, Harada K, Houkin K, Hamada H, Kocsis J. Therapeutic benefits by human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) and Ang-1 gene-modified hMSCs after cerebral ischemia. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008;28:329-40 pubmed
- Zacharek A, Chen J, Cui X, Li A, Li Y, Roberts C, et al. Angiopoietin1/Tie2 and VEGF/Flk1 induced by MSC treatment amplifies angiogenesis and vascular stabilization after stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2007;27:1684-91 pubmed..Our data indicate MSC treatment of stroke promotes angiogenesis and vascular stabilization, which is at least partially mediated by VEGF/Flk1 and Ang1/Tie2. ..
- Facchinetti M, de Boland A. Effect of ageing on the expression of protein kinase C and its activation by 1,25(OH)2-vitamin D3 in rat skeletal muscle. Cell Signal. 1999;11:39-44 pubmed..The data indicate that, in rat muscle, ageing impairs calcium-dependent PKC (alpha and beta) and calcium-independent PKC (delta, epsilon, theta and zeta) signal transduction pathways under selective regulation by 1,25(OH)2D3. ..
- Saito M, Sato Y, Watanabe J, Kuramoto H, Kaba S, Fukuda T. Angiogenic factors in normal endometrium and endometrial adenocarcinoma. Pathol Int. 2007;57:140-7 pubmed..It is suggested that the angiogenic pathway and the role of these factors seem to differ between normal tissue and carcinoma of the endometrium. ..
- Mammoto T, Parikh S, Mammoto A, Gallagher D, Chan B, Mostoslavsky G, et al. Angiopoietin-1 requires p190 RhoGAP to protect against vascular leakage in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:23910-8 pubmed..These results provide mechanistic evidence that targeting the endothelium through Tie-2 may offer specific therapeutic strategies in life-threatening endotoxemic conditions such as sepsis and acute respiratory distress syndrome. ..
- Sandhu R, Teichert Kuliszewska K, Nag S, Proteau G, Robb M, Campbell A, et al. Reciprocal regulation of angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2 following myocardial infarction in the rat. Cardiovasc Res. 2004;64:115-24 pubmed..Thus, myocardial ischemia induced by left coronary artery ligation resulted in a sustained increase in Ang-2 expression and a reciprocal decrease in Ang-1, consistent with a predominant role for Ang-2 in the angiogenic response to MI. ..
- Gu H, Cui M, Bai Y, Chen F, Ma K, Zhou C, et al. Angiopoietin-1/Tie2 signaling pathway inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of RAW264.7 macrophage cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;392:178-82 pubmed publisher..Thus, we described, for the first time, the role of Ang1-Tie2 signaling in macrophage activation and the possible mechanisms in response to immune stimulation. ..
- Machein M, Knedla A, Knoth R, Wagner S, Neuschl E, Plate K. Angiopoietin-1 promotes tumor angiogenesis in a rat glioma model. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1557-70 pubmed..On the other hand, overexpression of hAng-2 led to less intact tumor vessels, inhibited capillary sprouting, and impaired tumor growth. ..
- Yan M, Schneider J, Gear R, Lu F, LaDow K, Warshawsky D, et al. Expression of angiogenic factors is upregulated in DMBA-induced rat mammary pathologies. Pathobiology. 2004;71:253-60 pubmed..These data support the involvement of specific angiogenic mediators in mammary tumor formation. Angiogenesis at different stages of tumorigenesis may be regulated by unique factors. ..
- Kim S, Kwon J. COMP-Ang1 inhibits apoptosis as well as improves the attenuated osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells induced by advanced glycation end products. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013;1830:4928-34 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest the potential importance of COMP-Ang1 as a new therapy for impaired bone formation that is associated with diabetes and advanced age. ..
- Liu W, Gu S, Zhang S, Ren Y, Sang L, Dai C. Angiopoietin and vascular endothelial growth factor expression in colorectal disease models. World J Gastroenterol. 2015;21:2645-50 pubmed publisher..Increased expression of Ang-1, Ang-2, Tie-2, and VEGF in ulcerative colitis-derived colorectal cancer might lead to chronic colitis and pathologic angiogenesis in rats. ..
- Loughna S, Sato T. A combinatorial role of angiopoietin-1 and orphan receptor TIE1 pathways in establishing vascular polarity during angiogenesis. Mol Cell. 2001;7:233-9 pubmed
- Zacharek A, Chen J, Zhang C, Cui X, Roberts C, Jiang H, et al. Nitric oxide regulates Angiopoietin1/Tie2 expression after stroke. Neurosci Lett. 2006;404:28-32 pubmed..Neutralizing Ang1 antibody attenuates DETA-NONOate-induced capillary tube formation. The data suggest that the Ang1/Tie2 axis promotes DETA-NONOate-induced angiogenesis and stabilizes of angiogenic vessels after stroke. ..
- Bai Y, Meng Z, Cui M, Zhang X, Chen F, Xiao J, et al. An Ang1-Tie2-PI3K axis in neural progenitor cells initiates survival responses against oxygen and glucose deprivation. Neuroscience. 2009;160:371-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest the existence of an Ang1-Tie2-PI3K signaling axis that is essential in initiation of survival responses in NPCs against cerebral ischemia and hypoxia. ..
- Shin H, Lee Y, Kim H, Park C, Kim J, Wang K, et al. Protective role of COMP-Ang1 in ischemic rat brain. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1052-63 pubmed publisher..Taken together, COMP-Ang1 reduced infarct volume and consequently attenuated post-ischemic neurological deficits through enhanced angiogenesis and increased viable cell mass of neuronal cells. ..
- Wehrle C, Van Slyke P, Dumont D. Angiopoietin-1-induced ubiquitylation of Tie2 by c-Cbl is required for internalization and degradation. Biochem J. 2009;423:375-80 pubmed publisher..In summary, our results illustrate that c-Cbl interacts with the Tie2 signalling complex in a stimulation-dependent manner, and that this interaction is required for Tie2 ubiquitylation, internalization and degradation. ..
- Iizasa H, Bae S, Asashima T, Kitano T, Matsunaga N, Terasaki T, et al. Augmented expression of the tight junction protein occludin in brain endothelial cell line TR-BBB by rat angiopoietin-1 expressed in baculovirus-infected Sf plus insect cells. Pharm Res. 2002;19:1757-60 pubmed
- Wang H, Wang Y, Liang Y, Liu Y, Peng W. [Wenyang Huoxue Recipe up-regulates the expression of angiopoietin-1 mRNA in rats with chronic aristolochic acid nephropathy]. Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Xue Bao. 2008;6:508-11 pubmed publisher..Renal pathology showed that renal damage in WYHXR-treated group was significantly reduced as compared with the CAM group. WYHXR can up-regulate the expression of Ang-l mRNA, which may be its action mechanism in protecting the kidneys. ..
- Pichiule P, Lamanna J. Expression of angiopoietin-1 and -2 in the rat brain during chronic hypoxia and de-adaptation. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2003;510:331-5 pubmed
- Lai V, Ashraf M, Jiang S, HAIDER K. MicroRNA-143 is a critical regulator of cell cycle activity in stem cells with co-overexpression of Akt and angiopoietin-1 via transcriptional regulation of Erk5/cyclin D1 signaling. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:767-77 pubmed publisher..05 vs. (Emp)MSC) 7 days after engraftment (n = 4 animals/group). In conclusion, co-overexpression of Akt and Ang-1 in MSC activated cell cycle progression by upregulation of miR-143 and stimulation of FoxO1 and Erk5 signaling. ..
- Yamakawa M, Liu L, Date T, Belanger A, Vincent K, Akita G, et al. Hypoxia-inducible factor-1 mediates activation of cultured vascular endothelial cells by inducing multiple angiogenic factors. Circ Res. 2003;93:664-73 pubmed..Activation of the angiopoietin/Tie-2 system may play a role in the ability of HIF-1 to induce hypervascularity without excessive permeability. ..
- El Sayed R, Moustafa Y, El Azab M. Evening primrose oil and celecoxib inhibited pathological angiogenesis, inflammation, and oxidative stress in adjuvant-induced arthritis: novel role of angiopoietin-1. Inflammopharmacology. 2014;22:305-17 pubmed publisher..The joint use of GLA-rich natural oils, which possess anti-angiogenic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-oxidant activities, with traditional analgesics represents a promising strategy to restrain the progression of rheumatoid arthritis. ..