Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Alox5ap
Description: arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase activating protein
Alias: 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein FLAP, FLAP, MK-886-binding protein, arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein
- Identification and isolation of a membrane protein necessary for leukotriene productionD K Miller
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Institute for Therapeutic Research, Rahway, New Jersey 07065
Nature 343:278-81. 1990..We have now used these potent agents to identify and isolate a novel membrane protein of relative molecular mass 18,000 which is necessary for cellular leukotriene synthesis...
- Decreased paraoxonase-2 expression in human carotids during the progression of atherosclerosisGiuliana Fortunato
Dipartimento di Biochimica e Biotecnologie Mediche, Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:594-600. 2008..We investigated paraoxonase 2 (PON2), 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO), and 5-LO activating protein (FLAP) expression and malondialdehyde (MDA) levels in carotid lesions to assess their involvement in plaque formation.
- Association of genetic variants with atherothrombotic cerebral infarction in Japanese individuals with metabolic syndromeYoshiji Yamada
FAHA, Department of Human Functional Genomics, Life Science Research Center, Mie University, 1577 Kurima machiya, Mie 514 8507, Japan
Int J Mol Med 21:801-8. 2008..rs529038) of ROS1, the -11377C-->G polymorphism (rs266729) of ADIPOQ, the 162A-->C polymorphism (rs4769055) of ALOX5AP, the -786T-->C polymorphism (rs2070744) of NOS3, and the 3279C-->T polymorphism (rs7291467) of LGALS2 were ..
- The role of LTA4H and ALOX5AP polymorphism in asthma and allergy susceptibilityJ W Holloway
Divisios of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, School of Medicine, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Allergy 63:1046-53. 2008..Single nucleotide polymorphism (SNPs) and haplotypes spanning the LTA4H and ALOX5AP genes have been associated with LTB(4) production and myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Expression of enzymes and receptors of the leukotriene pathway in human neuroblastoma promotes tumor survival and provides a target for therapyBaldur Sveinbjörnsson
Childhood Cancer Research Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden
FASEB J 22:3525-36. 2008..High expression of 5-LO, 5-LO-activating protein (FLAP), leukotriene A(4) hydrolase, leukotriene C(4) synthase, and leukotriene receptors was detected in a majority of ..
- 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein gene polymorphisms, dietary linoleic acid, and risk for breast cancerJun Wang
Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:2748-54. 2008..area to examine the association of the 5-lipoxygenase gene (ALOX5) and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein gene (ALOX5AP) with breast cancer risk...
- Placenta growth factor induces 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein to increase leukotriene formation in sickle cell diseaseNitin Patel
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Blood 113:1129-38. 2009..We show that expression of 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP), key catalytic molecules in the LT pathway, were significantly increased in peripheral blood mononuclear cells (..
- Differential gene signatures in rat mammary tumors induced by DMBA and those induced by fractionated gamma radiationHae June Lee
Division of Radiation Effect, Korea Institute of Radiological and Medical Sciences, Seoul, Korea
Radiat Res 170:579-90. 2008..calcium activated 3 (Clca3) were expressed in both, and that arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase activating protein 1 (Alox5ap) and cathepsin S (Ctss) were expressed only in radiation-induced tumors...
- Candidate genes and cerebral palsy: a population-based studyCatherine S Gibson
Schools of aPaediatrics and Reproductive Health, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Pediatrics 122:1079-85. 2008..The objective of this study was to examine whether selected genetic polymorphisms in the infant are associated with later-diagnosed cerebral palsy...
- Variation in eicosanoid genes, non-fatal myocardial infarction and ischemic strokeRozenn N Lemaitre
Cardiovascular Health Research Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Atherosclerosis 204:e58-63. 2009..TBXAS1), prostacyclin synthase (PTGIS), prostaglandin E synthase (PTGES), 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (ALOX5AP), 12-lipoxygenase (ALOX12) and 15-lipoxygenase (ALOX15) with the risks of myocardial infarction (MI) and ischemic ..
- The nuclear membrane organization of leukotriene synthesisAsim K Mandal
Renal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Building 149 The Navy Yard, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:20434-9. 2008..We also identify these complexes in mouse neutrophils isolated from inflamed joints. Our studies reveal the macromolecular organization of LT synthesis...
- Association of genetic variants with chronic kidney disease in Japanese individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitusTetsuro Yoshida
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Inabe General Hospital, Inabe, Japan
Int J Mol Med 23:529-37. 2009..for covariates as well as a stepwise forward selection procedure revealed that the 8733T-->C polymorphism of ALOX5AP (rs3803278), the C-->T (Ser532Leu) polymorphism of IRAK1 (rs1059703), and the 2445G-->A (Ala54Thr) polymorphism ..
- Nasal mucosal expression of the leukotriene and prostanoid pathways in seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitisV S Westergren
Division of Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 39:820-8. 2009..Leukotrienes (LTs) and prostanoids are potent pro-inflammatory and vasoactive lipid mediators implicated in airway disease, but their cellular sources in the nasal airway in naturally occurring allergic rhinitis (AR) are unclear...
- Association of three-gene interaction among MTHFR, ALOX5AP and NOTCH3 with thrombotic stroke: a multicenter case-control studyJunhao Liu
Sino German Laboratory, Molecular Medicine, Key Laboratory for Clinical Cardiovascular Genetics of Ministry of Education, Fuwai Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Hum Genet 125:649-56. 2009..A significant gene-gene interaction was found by GMDR. The best model including MTHFR C677T, ALOX5AP T2354A and NOTCH3 C381T scored 10 for Cross-Validation Consistency and 9 for Sign Test (P = 0.0107)...
- Associations of genetic polymorphisms of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein with risk of coronary artery disease in a European-American populationAlexander K Tsai
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Atherosclerosis 207:487-91. 2009To examine whether genetic polymorphisms in the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (ALOX5AP) confer an increased risk to angiographically proven coronary artery disease (CAD) in a case-control study of a Midwestern population in the US.
- Pharmacological characterization of 3-[3-tert-butylsulfanyl-1-[4-(6-methoxy-pyridin-3-yl)-benzyl]-5-(pyridin-2-ylmethoxy)-1H-indol-2-yl]-2,2-dimethyl-propionic acid (AM103), a novel selective 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein inhibitor that reduces acute Daniel S Lorrain
Amira Pharmaceuticals, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 331:1042-50. 2009..of arachidonic acid (AA) to LTA(4) by the enzyme 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) in the presence of 5-LO-activating protein (FLAP)...
- The role of LTA4H and ALOX5AP genes in the risk for asthma in LatinosM Via
Lung Biology Center, Department of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH, USA
Clin Exp Allergy 40:582-9. 2010Leukotrienes play an important role in allergic and inflammatory diseases, but reports on the involvement of arachidonate 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (ALOX5AP) and leukotriene A(4) hydrolase (LTA4H) in asthma have been inconclusive.
- 5-Lipoxygenase pathway gene polymorphisms: lack of association with asthma in a Spanish populationS M J Torres-Galván
Research Unit, Hospital Universitario de Gran Canaria Dr Negrin, Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
J Investig Allergol Clin Immunol 19:453-8. 2009..The promoter polymorphisms LTC4S -444 A/C, ALOX5 -176/-147, and ALOX5AP -169/-146 have been reported to be associated with bronchial asthma.
- [Association between mRNA level of Pde4d and Alox5ap and hypertensive stroke as well as hypertension in rats]Xiao Wei Xu
Department of Neurology, the First Hospital Affiliated, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510080 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 24:491-4. 2007To evaluate whether mRNA levels of Pde4d and Alox5ap were associated with hypertensive stroke and hypertension in stroke-prone renovascular hypertensive rats (RHRSP) which could simulate human being's hypertensive cerebral stroke.
- Human bronchial epithelial cells express an active and inducible biosynthetic pathway for leukotrienes B4 and C4A J Jame
Division of Infection, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 37:880-92. 2007....
- Requirement of a 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein for leukotriene synthesisR A Dixon
Department of Molecular Biology, Merck Sharp and Dohme Research Laboratories, West Point, Pennsylvania 19486
Nature 343:282-4. 1990..Because the MK-886-binding protein seems to play a part in activating this enzyme in cells, it is termed the five-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP).
- Localization of 5-lipoxygenase to the nucleus of unstimulated rat basophilic leukemia cellsT G Brock
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
J Biol Chem 269:22059-66. 1994..microscopy has identified the nuclear membrane as the site at which 5-LO, as well as 5-LO activating protein (FLAP), are localized in activated cells, the locale of soluble 5-LO in unstimulated cells could not be established by ..
- Inhibition of 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) reduces pulmonary vascular reactivity and pulmonary hypertension in hypoxic ratsN F Voelkel
Pulmonary Hypertension Center, Department of Pathology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
J Clin Invest 97:2491-8. 1996..from the cytosol to the membrane fraction and increased levels of lung tissue 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP)...
- The importance of leukotrienes in airway inflammation in a mouse model of asthmaW R Henderson
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
J Exp Med 184:1483-94. 1996..Specific inhibitors of 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) blocked airway mucus release and infiltration by eosinophils indicating a key role for leukotrienes in these ..
- 5-Lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) immunoreactivity in lungs from patients with primary pulmonary hypertensionL Wright
Department of Medicine, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 157:219-29. 1998..5-LO), with translocation of the enzyme to the nuclear membrane, and association with the 5-LO activating protein (FLAP)...
- Expression of 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein mRNAs in the peripheral blood leukocytes of asthmaticsT Koshino
Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongou, Bunkyou ku, 113, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 247:510-3. 1998..Therefore, we examined the expression of 5-LO and FLAP mRNAs in the peripheral blood leukocytes (PBL) of 10 asthmatics and 10 controls...
- Novel polymorphism of the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) promoter gene associated with asthmaT Koshino
Department of Respiratory Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Japan
Mol Cell Biol Res Commun 2:32-5. 1999The human 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) gene is one of the key genes involved in the production of the cysteinyl-leukotrienes...
- In situ amplification of 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein in allergic airway inflammation and inhibition by leukotriene blockadeS J Chu
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 165:4640-8. 2000..situ PCR in this model of human asthma to detect lung mRNA for 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) and 5-LO-activating protein (FLAP), key proteins necessary for leukotriene synthesis. Lung tissue was obtained on day 28 from mice treated with i.p...
- Increased expression of cytosolic phospholipase A2, 5-lipoxygenase and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein in rat peritoneal macrophages during ovalbumin-induced sensitizationL Escoubet-Lozach
Université Paul Sabatier UPRES EA 2405, Macrophages, Mediateurs de l Inflammation et Interactions Cellulaires, CHU Rangueil, 1 avenue Jean Poulhes, 31403 Toulouse Cedex 4, France
Clin Exp Allergy 31:1094-104. 2001..To date it is unknown whether this ability to secrete leukotrienes has been favoured by modifications, occurring during the sensitization phase, of the enzymes involved in leukotriene metabolism...
- Rhinovirus infection increases 5-lipoxygenase and cyclooxygenase-2 in bronchial biopsy specimens from nonatopic subjectsMichelle L Seymour
Division of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton, United Kingdom
J Infect Dis 185:540-4. 2002..5-LO-positive cell counts increased 9-fold (from 0.48 to 4.4 cells/mm(2); P <.05), and 5-LO-activating protein (FLAP)-positive cell counts increased 3.6-fold (from 1.8 to 6.5 cells/mm(2); P =.09)...
- Hyperoxia increases protein mass of 5-lipoxygenase and its activating protein, flap, and leukotriene B(4) output in newborn rat lungsGayle E Hosford
Department of Physiology, The Perinatal Research Centre, The CIHR Group in Perinatal Health and Disease, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Exp Lung Res 28:671-84. 2002..in vitro, the protein expression of the LT-synthesizing enzyme, 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO), and its activating protein (FLAP), and the effects of in vivo hyperoxic exposure (>95% O(2)) on these parameters...
- Promoter polymorphism in the 5-lipoxygenase (ALOX5) and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (ALOX5AP) genes and asthma susceptibility in a Caucasian populationI Sayers
Divisions of Human Genetics Infection, Inflammation and Repair, University of Southampton School of Medicine, Southampton General Hospital, Tremona Road, Southampton, UK
Clin Exp Allergy 33:1103-10. 20035-Lipoxygenase (5-LO) and 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) are essential for cysteinyl-leukotriene (cys-LT) production, critical mediators in asthma.
- Increased 5-lipoxygenase activating protein in immune-mediated experimental nephritisAngel Montero
Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, USA
J Nephrol 16:682-90. 2003The binding of 5-lipoxygenase (5-LO) to 5-LO activating protein (FLAP) is a prerequisite for subsequent formation of leukotrienes from arachidonic acid.
- The gene encoding 5-lipoxygenase activating protein confers risk of myocardial infarction and strokeAnna Helgadottir
deCODE Genetics, Sturlugata 8, Reykjavik, Iceland
Nat Genet 36:233-9. 2004..A four-marker single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP) haplotype in this locus spanning the gene ALOX5AP encoding 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP) is associated with a two times greater risk of myocardial ..
- The membrane organization of leukotriene synthesisAsim K Mandal
Department of Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital, 149 The Navy Yard, 13th Street, Charlestown, MA 02129, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:6587-92. 2004..One complex consists of multimers of LTC(4) synthase and the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP). The second complex consists of multimers of FLAP...
- Polymorphisms in the 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (ALOX5AP) gene are not associated with asthma in an Australian populationM A Kedda
The Co operative Research Centre for Asthma, The Asthma and Allergy Research Institute Inc, Perth, Australia
Clin Exp Allergy 35:332-8. 2005..Few studies have investigated the role of polymorphisms in the ALOX5AP gene, encoding 5-lipoxygenase activating protein (FLAP), and asthma...
- 5-Lipoxygenase-activating protein: a potential link between innate and adaptive immunity in atherosclerosis and adipose tissue inflammationMagnus Bäck
Department of Medicine, Karolinska Institutet and Center for Molecular Medicine, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
Circ Res 100:946-9. 2007..Gene array analyses identified the 5-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) among the most upregulated genes in both the aorta and adipose tissue of dnTGFbetaRII transgenic ApoE(-/-) mice ..
- Pharmacology of AM803, a novel selective five-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) inhibitor in rodent models of acute inflammationDaniel S Lorrain
Amira Pharmaceuticals, 9535 Waples Street, Ste 100, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 640:211-8. 2010..acid, a selective five-lipoxygenase-activating protein (FLAP) inhibitor, using rat and mouse models of acute inflammation...