Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Akt3
Description: AKT serine/threonine kinase 3
Alias: Pkbg, RAC-gamma serine/threonine-protein kinase, AKT3 kinase, PKB gamma, RAC-PK-gamma, protein kinase Akt-3, protein kinase B, gamma, thymoma viral proto-oncogene 3, v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene 3, v-akt murine thymoma viral oncogene homolog 3 (protein kinase B, gamma)
- Zhu L, Zhou J, Zhang J, Wang J, Wang Z, Pan M, et al. MiR-15b-5p Regulates Collateral Artery Formation by Targeting AKT3 (Protein Kinase B-3). Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:957-968 pubmed publisher..We identified AKT3 (protein kinase B-3) as a direct target of miR-15b-5p...
- Lee I, Dinudom A, Sanchez Perez A, Kumar S, Cook D. Akt mediates the effect of insulin on epithelial sodium channels by inhibiting Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:29866-73 pubmed..Together these data suggest that both Akt and Sgk are components of an insulin signaling pathway that increases Na(+) absorption by up-regulating membrane expression of ENaC via a regulatory system that involves inhibition of Nedd4-2. ..
- Zheng Y, Xu Z. MicroRNA-22 induces endothelial progenitor cell senescence by targeting AKT3. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014;34:1547-55 pubmed publisher..b>AKT3 was identified as a direct target of miR-22, and restoration of AKT3 expression attenuated the effects of miR-22 in ..
- Song J, Liu Q, Tang H, Tao A, Wang H, Kao R, et al. Activation of PI3KÎ³/Akt pathway increases cardiomyocyte HMGB1 expression in diabetic environment. Oncotarget. 2016;7:80803-80810 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the cardiomyocytes incur an oxidative stress under diabetic condition, which subsequently activates the PI3KÎ³/Akt cell-signaling pathway and further increases HMGB1 expression. ..
- Easton R, Cho H, Roovers K, Shineman D, Mizrahi M, Forman M, et al. Role for Akt3/protein kinase Bgamma in attainment of normal brain size. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:1869-78 pubmed..In mammals, three highly conserved proteins, Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3, comprise the Akt family, of which the first two are required for normal growth and metabolism, respectively...
- Morishita A, Gong J, Nomura T, Yoshida H, Izuishi K, Suzuki Y, et al. The use of protein array to identify targetable receptor tyrosine kinases for treatment of human colon cancer. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:829-35 pubmed..In addition, xenograft tumors were also analyzed by phospho-MAPK protein array. The activity of Akt3/PKBgamma was inhibited with 5-FU alone and trastuzumab, indicating that trastuzumab may inhibit colon cancer growth ..
- Webster C, Srinivasulu U, Ananthanarayanan M, Suchy F, Anwer M. Protein kinase B/Akt mediates cAMP- and cell swelling-stimulated Na+/taurocholate cotransport and Ntcp translocation. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28578-83 pubmed
- Wright G, Maroulakou I, Eldridge J, Liby T, Sridharan V, Tsichlis P, et al. VEGF stimulation of mitochondrial biogenesis: requirement of AKT3 kinase. FASEB J. 2008;22:3264-75 pubmed publisher..We show that the serine threonine kinase Akt3 specifically links VEGF to mitochondrial biogenesis. A direct comparison of Akt1 vs...
- Turinsky J, Damrau Abney A. Akt kinases and 2-deoxyglucose uptake in rat skeletal muscles in vivo: study with insulin and exercise. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:R277-82 pubmedActivities of Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3 kinases and glucose uptake in hindlimb muscles of the rat in vivo were investigated. The rats were studied either after intravenous injection of 0...
- Li P, Liu D, Liu Y, Song S, Wang Q, Chang Y, et al. BAFF/BAFF-R involved in antibodies production of rats with collagen-induced arthritis via PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling and the regulation of paeoniflorin. J Ethnopharmacol. 2012;141:290-300 pubmed publisher..Pae had therapeutic effects on rats with CIA. These effects might be relative to regulating PI3K/Akt/mTOR signal mediated by BAFF/BAFF-R, and down regulate the antibodies production further. ..
- Konishi H, Kuroda S, Tanaka M, Matsuzaki H, Ono Y, Kameyama K, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a new member of the RAC protein kinase family: association of the pleckstrin homology domain of three types of RAC protein kinase with protein kinase C subspecies and beta gamma subunits of G proteins. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;216:526-34 pubmed..These results suggest that the pleckstrin homology domains of RAC protein kinase family could associate more than one protein to regulate the activity and/or intracellular distribution of this enzyme family by different ways. ..
- Al Saad S, Donnem T, Al Shibli K, Persson M, Bremnes R, Busund L. Diverse prognostic roles of Akt isoforms, PTEN and PI3K in tumor epithelial cells and stromal compartment in non-small cell lung cancer. Anticancer Res. 2009;29:4175-83 pubmed..045) was a negative prognosticator. High stromal expression of total Akt3 (p=0.0008) and total PI3K (p=0.0003) correlated with a good prognosis...
- Lavender N, Rogers E, Yeyeodu S, Rudd J, Hu T, Zhang J, et al. Interaction among apoptosis-associated sequence variants and joint effects on aggressive prostate cancer. BMC Med Genomics. 2012;5:11 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, we detected a modest synergistic interaction between AKT3 rs2125230-PRKCQ rs571715 and disease aggressiveness using SEN-guided MDR (p = 0.011)...