Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Akap12
Description: A-kinase anchoring protein 12
Alias: AKAP12A, AKAP12B, AKAP12G, A-kinase anchor protein 12, A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein (gravin) 12, A kinase (PRKA) anchor protein 12, AKAP-12, SSeCKS, Gravin, AKAP250
- Chen S, Sun G, You Q, Wang N. [Induction effect of platelet-activating factor on Src-suppressed C kinase substrate gene expression in rat pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2010;22:135-8 pubmed..001 9, P>0.05). PAF can up regulate the expression of SSeCKS mRNA in a dose- and time-dependent manner in RPMVECs. It is NF-KappaB rather than PKC signal pathway that is involved in modulation of the intracellular signaling process. ..
- Zhou Z, Tao T, Ji Y, Yang H, Wang Y, Cheng C, et al. SSeCKS promotes tumor necrosis factor-alpha autocrine via activating p38 and JNK pathways in Schwann cells. Cell Mol Neurobiol. 2010;30:701-7 pubmed publisher..Such effects might be resulted in SSeCKS promoted p38 and JNK activation in SCs treated by TNF-alpha. Thus present data show that while SCs activation, SSeCKS may plays an important role in the release of inflammatory mediators. ..
- Rhim J, Jang I, Yeo E, Song K, Park S. Role of protein kinase C-dependent A-kinase anchoring proteins in lysophosphatidic acid-induced cAMP signaling in human diploid fibroblasts. Aging Cell. 2006;5:451-61 pubmed
- Wang P, Sun L, Shen A, Yang J, Li X, Liu H, et al. Involvement of SRC-suppressed C kinase substrate in neuronal death caused by the lipopolysaccharide-induced reactive astrogliosis. Inflammation. 2010;33:359-73 pubmed publisher..This study delineates that SSeCKS may be important for host defenses in spinal inflammation and suggests a valuable molecular mechanism by which astrocytes modify neuronal viability during pathological states. ..
- Cheng C, Liu H, Ge H, Qian J, Qin J, Sun L, et al. Lipopolysaccharide induces expression of SSeCKS in rat lung microvascular endothelial cell. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;305:1-8 pubmed..We conclude that SSeCKS is located downstream of PKC and that SSeCKS and PKC are both necessary for LPS-induced stress fiber formation. ..
- You Q, Sun G, Wang N, Shen J, Wang Y. Interleukin-17F-induced pulmonary microvascular endothelial monolayer hyperpermeability via the protein kinase C pathway. J Surg Res. 2010;162:110-21 pubmed publisher..IL-17F is an important mediator of increased endothelial permeability. PKC and SSeCKS are integral signaling components essential for IL-17F-induced hyperpermeability. ..
- Li X, Yan M, Hu L, Sun L, Zhang F, Ji H, et al. Involvement of Src-suppressed C kinase substrate in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: a link between release of astrocyte proinflammatory factor and oligodendrocyte apoptosis. J Neurosci Res. 2010;88:1858-71 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanism of SSeCKS in the pathogenesis of EAE may contribute to the development of new therapeutic strategies against EAE and MS. ..
- Sun L, Cheng C, Liu H, Xiao F, Qin J, Shao X, et al. Changes of Src-suppressed C kinase substrate expression in cytokine induced reactive C6 glioma cells. Neurosci Bull. 2007;23:101-6 pubmed..TNF-alpha activates PKC and upregulates SSeCKS expression in C6 glioma cells. These effects are associated with PKC activity, suggesting that SSeCKS plays a role in response to glia activation in PKC mediated pathway. ..
- Liu Y, Gao L, Gelman I. SSeCKS/Gravin/AKAP12 attenuates expression of proliferative and angiogenic genes during suppression of v-Src-induced oncogenesis. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:105 pubmed..Our data provide further evidence that SSeCKS can suppress Src-induced oncogenesis by modulating gene expression downstream of Src kinase activity. ..
- Cui Z, Tao T, Cheng C, Yang J, Shen Q, Ji Y, et al. SSeCKS promote beta-amyloid-induced PC12 cells neurotoxicity by up-regulating tau phosphorylation in Alzheimer's disease. Mol Cell Biochem. 2010;340:257-63 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that SSeCKS may play a critical role in Abeta-induced PC12 cells apoptosis through its phosphorylation. ..
- Yan M, Cheng C, Jiang J, Liu Y, Gao Y, Guo Z, et al. Essential role of SRC suppressed C kinase substrates in Schwann cells adhesion, spreading and migration. Neurochem Res. 2009;34:1002-10 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated SSeCKS modulate Schwann cells adhesion, spreading and migration by reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Selvaraju V, Suresh S, Thirunavukkarasu M, Mannu J, Foye J, Mathur P, et al. Regulation of A-Kinase-Anchoring Protein 12 by Heat Shock Protein A12B to Prevent Ventricular Dysfunction Following Acute Myocardial Infarction in Diabetic Rats. J Cardiovasc Transl Res. 2017;10:209-220 pubmed publisher..along with decreased expression of thioredoxin interacting protein (TXNIP) and A kinase anchoring protein 12 (AKAP12) in the DMI-AdHSPA12B compared to DMI-AdLacZ group...
- Coats S, Pabón Peña L, Covington J, Vaughan D. Ligand-specific control of src-suppressed C kinase substrate gene expression. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;297:1112-20 pubmed..In addition, ectopic expression of recombinant SSeCKS recapitulates attributes of NaB-induced morphogenesis in KNRK cells. The data provide novel evidence that SSeCKS functions in PDGF-BB-, LPA-, EPA-, and NaB-mediated cell signaling. ..
- Carnegie G, Means C, Scott J. A-kinase anchoring proteins: from protein complexes to physiology and disease. IUBMB Life. 2009;61:394-406 pubmed publisher..These anchoring proteins form multi-protein complexes that integrate cAMP signaling with other pathways and signaling events. In this review, we focus on recent advances in the elucidation of AKAP function. ..
- Streb J, Kitchen C, Gelman I, Miano J. Multiple promoters direct expression of three AKAP12 isoforms with distinct subcellular and tissue distribution profiles. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:56014-23 pubmedA Kinase Anchoring Protein 12 (AKAP12; also known as src-suppressed C kinase substrate (SSeCKS) and Gravin) is a multivalent anchoring protein with tumor suppressor activity...
- Yan M, Zhao J, Zhu S, Shao X, Zhang L, Gao H, et al. Expression of SRC suppressed C kinase substrate in rat neural tissues during inflammation. Neurochem Res. 2014;39:748-57 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that SSeCKS might play some important roles in sciatic nerve fibers and neurons in spinal cords and dorsal root ganglions after LPS injection. ..
- Chapline C, Mousseau B, Ramsay K, Duddy S, Li Y, Kiley S, et al. Identification of a major protein kinase C-binding protein and substrate in rat embryo fibroblasts. Decreased expression in transformed cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6417-22 pubmed..Our results emphasize that the role of PKCs in carcinogenesis may involve several factors, including the quantity and location of the PKCs isozymes and their downstream targets. ..
- Xia Y, Liu H, Shen A, Liu Y, Sun L, Tao T, et al. A critical role of SRC-suppressed C kinase substrate in rat astrocytes after chronic constriction injury. Neuromolecular Med. 2010;12:205-16 pubmed publisher..Taken together, activated astrocytes released cytokines and iNOS after neuropathic pain via SSeCKS-ERK signaling. SSeCKS might be critical for the activation of astrocytes in the neuropathic pain. ..
- Ji Y, Tao T, Cheng C, Yang H, Wang Y, Yang J, et al. SSeCKS is a suppressor in Schwann cell differentiation and myelination. Neurochem Res. 2010;35:219-26 pubmed publisher..In addition, we found suppression of SSeCKS expression promoted Akt serine 473 phosphorylation in cAMP-treated Schwann cells. In summary, our data indicated that SSeCKS was a negative regulator of myelinating glia differentiation. ..
- Chen L, Qin J, Cheng C, Niu S, Liu Y, Shi S, et al. Spatiotemporal expression of SSeCKS in injured rat sciatic nerve. Anat Rec (Hoboken). 2008;291:527-37 pubmed publisher..These findings support the idea that SSeCKS participates in the adaptive response to peripheral nerve injury and may be associated with regeneration. ..
- You Q, Sun G, Wang N, Chen S, Luo Q. Role of src-suppressed C kinase substrate in rat pulmonary microvascular endothelial hyperpermeability stimulated by inflammatory cytokines. Inflamm Res. 2010;59:949-58 pubmed publisher..PKC inhibitors also significantly decreased cytokine-induced hyperpermeability and SSeCKS expression. SSeCKS is involved in the endothelial hyperpermeability induced by IL-1? and TNF-? in inflammatory process. ..
- Xia W, Gelman I. Mitogen-induced, FAK-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of the SSeCKS scaffolding protein. Exp Cell Res. 2002;277:139-51 pubmed..These data suggest that mitogen-induced, FAK-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation of SSeCKS modulates its binding to the actin-based cytoskeleton, suggesting a role for SSeCKS in mitogen-induced cytoskeletal reorganization. ..
- Sun L, Cheng C, Liu H, Shen C, Xiao F, Qin J, et al. Src suppressed C kinase substrate regulates the lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF-alpha biosynthesis in rat astrocytes. J Mol Neurosci. 2007;32:16-24 pubmed..These results suggest that SSeCKS is involved in the LPS-induced TNF-alpha expression in astrocytes mediated by PKC. ..