Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: AIP1
Description: programmed cell death 6 interacting protein
Alias: AIP1, Alix, RGD1561176, programmed cell death 6-interacting protein, ALG-2 interacting protein 1, ALG-2 interacting protein X
- Romancino D, Paterniti G, Campos Y, De Luca A, Di Felice V, D AZZO A, et al. Identification and characterization of the nano-sized vesicles released by muscle cells. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:1379-84 pubmed publisher..Analysis of these nanovesicles allowed us to characterize them as exosome-like particles and to define the potential role of the multifunctional protein Alix in their biogenesis.
- Zheng Y, Campbell E, Lucocq J, Riches A, Powis S. Monitoring the Rab27 associated exosome pathway using nanoparticle tracking analysis. Exp Cell Res. 2013;319:1706-13 pubmed publisher..These data show that nanoparticle tracking analysis can be used effectively and rapidly to monitor the disruption of exosome secretion. ..
- Atay S, Gercel Taylor C, Kesimer M, Taylor D. Morphologic and proteomic characterization of exosomes released by cultured extravillous trophoblast cells. Exp Cell Res. 2011;317:1192-202 pubmed publisher..5nm. Ion Trap mass spectrometry demonstrated the presence of exosome marker proteins (including CD81, Alix, cytoskeleton related proteins, and Rab family). The MS results were confirmed by western immunoblotting...
- Shibata H, Suzuki H, Kakiuchi T, Inuzuka T, Yoshida H, Mizuno T, et al. Identification of Alix-type and Non-Alix-type ALG-2-binding sites in human phospholipid scramblase 3: differential binding to an alternatively spliced isoform and amino acid-substituted mutants. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:9623-32 pubmed publisherALG-2, a prototypic member of the penta-EF-hand protein family, interacts with Alix at its C-terminal Pro-rich region containing four tandem PXY repeats...
- Yamasaki A, Tani K, Yamamoto A, Kitamura N, Komada M. The Ca2+-binding protein ALG-2 is recruited to endoplasmic reticulum exit sites by Sec31A and stabilizes the localization of Sec31A. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:4876-87 pubmed..We conclude that ALG-2 is recruited to ER exit sites via Ca(2+)-dependent interaction with Sec31A and in turn stabilizes the localization of Sec31A at these sites. ..
- Chen H, Fermin A, Vardhana S, Weng I, Lo K, Chang E, et al. Galectin-3 negatively regulates TCR-mediated CD4+ T-cell activation at the immunological synapse. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:14496-501 pubmed publisher..By yeast two-hybrid screening, we identified as a galectin-3-binding partner, Alix, which is known to be involved in protein transport and regulation of cell surface expression of certain receptors...
- Okumura M, Ichioka F, Kobayashi R, Suzuki H, Yoshida H, Shibata H, et al. Penta-EF-hand protein ALG-2 functions as a Ca2+-dependent adaptor that bridges Alix and TSG101. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;386:237-41 pubmed publisherb>Alix and TSG101, known to physically interact with each other, have Pro-rich regions that are bound by ALG-2 Ca2+-dependently...
- Schmidt M, Dikic I, Bogler O. Src phosphorylation of Alix/AIP1 modulates its interaction with binding partners and antagonizes its activities. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:3414-25 pubmedb>Alix/AIP1 is an adaptor protein involved in regulating the function of receptor and cytoskeleton-associated tyrosine kinases. Here, we investigated its interaction with and regulation by Src...
- Chen B, Borinstein S, Gillis J, Sykes V, Bogler O. The glioma-associated protein SETA interacts with AIP1/Alix and ALG-2 and modulates apoptosis in astrocytes. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:19275-81 pubmed..cDNA library, we isolated the rat homolog of the ALG-2-interacting protein 1 or ALG-2-interacting protein X (AIP1/Alix)...
- Dores M, Chen B, Lin H, Soh U, Paing M, Montagne W, et al. ALIX binds a YPX(3)L motif of the GPCR PAR1 and mediates ubiquitin-independent ESCRT-III/MVB sorting. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:407-19 pubmed publisher..We further demonstrate that ALIX, a charged MVB protein 4-ESCRT-III interacting protein, bound to a YPX(3)L motif of PAR1 via its central V domain ..
- Okumura M, Katsuyama A, Shibata H, Maki M. VPS37 isoforms differentially modulate the ternary complex formation of ALIX, ALG-2, and ESCRT-I. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2013;77:1715-21 pubmed..There are four VPS37 isoforms. We have reported that ALIX (an ALG-2-interacting protein and accessory protein in the ESCRT system) is physically linked with TSG101 by ALG-2 ..
- Vito P, Pellegrini L, Guiet C, D ADAMIO L. Cloning of AIP1, a novel protein that associates with the apoptosis-linked gene ALG-2 in a Ca2+-dependent reaction. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:1533-40 pubmed..screening system, we have isolated and characterized the mouse cDNA encoding for ALG-2 interacting protein 1 (AIP1), a novel protein that interacts with ALG-2...