Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ago1
Description: argonaute 1, RISC catalytic component
Alias: Eif2c1, protein argonaute-1, argonaute RISC catalytic component 1, eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2C, 1
- Chen Z, Lai T, Jan Y, Lin F, Wang W, Xiao H, et al. Hypoxia-responsive miRNAs target argonaute 1 to promote angiogenesis. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1057-67 pubmed publisher..silico bioinformatics and in vitro validation showed that these HRMs are induced by HIF1? and target argonaute 1 (AGO1), which anchors the microRNA-induced silencing complex (miRISC)...
- Nakanishi K, Ascano M, Gogakos T, Ishibe Murakami S, Serganov A, Briskin D, et al. Eukaryote-specific insertion elements control human ARGONAUTE slicer activity. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1893-900 pubmed publisher..Evolutionary amino acid changes to hAGO1 were readily reversible, suggesting that loading of guide RNA and pairing of seed-based miRNA and target RNA constrain its sequence drift. ..
- Eswarappa S, Potdar A, Koch W, Fan Y, Vasu K, Lindner D, et al. Programmed translational readthrough generates antiangiogenic VEGF-Ax. Cell. 2014;157:1605-18 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genome-wide analysis revealed AGO1 and MTCH2 as authentic readthrough targets...
- Sun S, Ma J, Zhang Q, Wang Q, Zhou L, Bai F, et al. Argonaute proteins in cardiac tissue contribute to the heart injury during viral myocarditis. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2016;25:120-6 pubmed publisher..In this study, we detected the expression of four AGOs in the CVB3-infected mouse heart tissues and found that AGO1 and AGO3 up-regulated significantly at 4 and 8h after CVB3 infection...
- Hu J, Wang F, Zhu X, Yuan Y, Ding M, Gao S. Mouse ZAR1-like (XM_359149) colocalizes with mRNA processing components and its dominant-negative mutant caused two-cell-stage embryonic arrest. Dev Dyn. 2010;239:407-24 pubmed publisher..When ectopically expressed in somatic cells, ZAR1L colocalized with P-body components including EIF2C1(AGO1), EIF2C2(AGO2), DDX6 and LSM14A, and germline-specific chromatoid body components including PIWIL1, PIWIL2, ..