Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Afdn
Description: afadin, adherens junction formation factor
Alias: Af6, Mllt4, afadin, myeloid/lymphoid or mixed lineage-leukemia translocation to 4 homolog, myeloid/lymphoid or mixed-lineage leukemia (trithorax homolog, Drosophila), myeloid/lymphoid or mixed-lineage leukemia (trithorax homolog, Drosophila); translocated to, 4, myeloid/lymphoid or mixed-lineage leukemia; translocated to, 4, protein Af-6, translocated to, 4
- Rehm K, Panzer L, van Vliet V, Genot E, Linder S. Drebrin preserves endothelial integrity by stabilizing nectin at adherens junctions. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:3756-69 pubmed publisher..stabilization occurs through a chain of interactions: drebrin binding to F-actin, interaction of drebrin and afadin through their polyproline and PR1-2 regions, and recruitment of nectin through the PDZ region of afadin...
- Fukumoto Y, Kurita S, Takai Y, Ogita H. Role of scaffold protein afadin dilute domain-interacting protein (ADIP) in platelet-derived growth factor-induced cell movement by activating Rac protein through Vav2 protein. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:43537-48 pubmed publisher..We show here that the scaffold protein afadin dilute domain-interacting protein (ADIP), an afadin-binding protein, is involved in the regulation of cell ..
- Méndez J, De Haro Hernández R, Conejo V. Spermine increases arginase activity in the liver after carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic injury in Long-Evans rats. Biomed Pharmacother. 2006;60:82-5 pubmed
- Manabe N, Hirai S, Imai F, Nakanishi H, Takai Y, Ohno S. Association of ASIP/mPAR-3 with adherens junctions of mouse neuroepithelial cells. Dev Dyn. 2002;225:61-9 pubmed..on tight junctions in cultured epithelial cells, it localizes on adherens junctions outlined by beta-catenin and afadin at the luminal surface, an apical end of the neuroepithelium in developing mouse central nervous systems...
- VanLeeuwen J, Rafalovich I, Sellers K, Jones K, Griffith T, Huda R, et al. Coordinated nuclear and synaptic shuttling of afadin promotes spine plasticity and histone modifications. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:10831-42 pubmed publisher..that activation of NMDA receptors induces the bi-directional and concomitant shuttling of the scaffold protein afadin from the cytosol to the nucleus and synapses...
- Inagaki M, Irie K, Ishizaki H, Tanaka Okamoto M, Morimoto K, Inoue E, et al. Roles of cell-adhesion molecules nectin 1 and nectin 3 in ciliary body development. Development. 2005;132:1525-37 pubmed
- Umeda K, Iwasawa N, Negishi M, Oinuma I. A short splicing isoform of afadin suppresses the cortical axon branching in a dominant-negative manner. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:1957-70 pubmed publisher..We recently identified afadin, an F-actin-binding protein, as an effector of R-Ras mediating axon branching through F-actin reorganization...
- Haskin J, Szargel R, Shani V, Mekies L, Rott R, Lim G, et al. AF-6 is a positive modulator of the PINK1/parkin pathway and is deficient in Parkinson's disease. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2083-96 pubmed publisher..The identification of AF-6 as a positive modulator of parkin translocation to the mitochondria sheds light on the mechanisms involved in PD and underscores AF-6 as a novel target for future therapeutics. ..
- Kanai Azuma M, Mattick J, Kaibuchi K, Wood S. Co-localization of FAM and AF-6, the mammalian homologues of Drosophila faf and canoe, in mouse eye development. Mech Dev. 2000;91:383-6 pubmed..Expression is not limited to the epithelia however, as FAM and AF-6 also co-localize during lens fibre development as well as in sub-populations of the neural retina. ..
- Ooshio T, Irie K, Morimoto K, Fukuhara A, Imai T, Takai Y. Involvement of LMO7 in the association of two cell-cell adhesion molecules, nectin and E-cadherin, through afadin and alpha-actinin in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31365-73 pubmed..recruit cadherins to the nectin-based cell-cell adhesion sites through their cytoplasm-associated proteins, afadin and catenins, it is not fully understood how nectins are physically associated with cadherins...
- Srivastava D, Copits B, Xie Z, Huda R, Jones K, Mukherji S, et al. Afadin is required for maintenance of dendritic structure and excitatory tone. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:35964-74 pubmed publisher..In this study, we find that afadin, a component of N-cadherin·?-catenin·?-N-catenin adhesion complexes, is required for the maintenance of ..
- Gil Sanz C, Landeira B, Ramos C, Costa M, M ller U. Proliferative defects and formation of a double cortex in mice lacking Mltt4 and Cdh2 in the dorsal telencephalon. J Neurosci. 2014;34:10475-87 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the adherens junction proteins afadin and CDH2 are critical for the control of cell proliferation in the dorsal telencephalon and for the formation of ..
- Nakano K, Matuda S, Yamanaka T, Tsubouchi H, Nakagawa S, Titani K, et al. Purification and molecular cloning of succinyltransferase of the rat alpha-ketoglutarate dehydrogenase complex. Absence of a sequence motif of the putative E3 and/or E1 binding site. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:19013-7 pubmed..These results show that the rat succinyltransferase does not have the sequence motif of the putative E3- and/or E1-binding site. ..
- Sato T, Kanai Y, Noma T, Kanai Azuma M, Taya S, Matsui T, et al. A close correlation in the expression patterns of Af-6 and Usp9x in Sertoli and granulosa cells of mouse testis and ovary. Reproduction. 2004;128:583-94 pubmed..It further suggests that the post-translational regulation of Af-6 by Usp9x may be one potential pathway to control the cell adhesion dynamics in mammalian gametogenesis. ..
- Takekuni K, Ikeda W, Fujito T, Morimoto K, Takeuchi M, Monden M, et al. Direct binding of cell polarity protein PAR-3 to cell-cell adhesion molecule nectin at neuroepithelial cells of developing mouse. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:5497-500 pubmed..Nectins are associated with the actin cytoskeleton through afadin, of which the PDZ domain binds to nectins through their C-terminal four amino acids...
- Ebnet K, Schulz C, Meyer Zu Brickwedde M, Pendl G, Vestweber D. Junctional adhesion molecule interacts with the PDZ domain-containing proteins AF-6 and ZO-1. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27979-88 pubmed..Our results suggest that JAM can be recruited to intercellular junctions by its interaction with the PDZ domain-containing proteins AF-6 and possibly ZO-1. ..
- Ishiuchi T, Takeichi M. Nectins localize Willin to cell-cell junctions. Genes Cells. 2012;17:387-97 pubmed publisher..In addition, we report that the positioning of nectins at the AJC is dependent on their binding to afadin. Thus, our results suggest that the nectin-afadin interaction plays a role in the correct localization of Willin.
- Asada M, Irie K, Morimoto K, Yamada A, Ikeda W, Takeuchi M, et al. ADIP, a novel Afadin- and alpha-actinin-binding protein localized at cell-cell adherens junctions. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4103-11 pubmedb>Afadin is an actin filament (F-actin)-binding protein that is associated with the cytoplasmic tail of nectin, a Ca(2+)-independent immunoglobulin-like cell-cell adhesion molecule...