Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adrb3
Description: adrenoceptor beta 3
Alias: ADRB, beta-3 adrenergic receptor, adrenergic receptor, beta 3, adrenergic, beta-3-, receptor, beta-3 adrenoceptor, beta-3 adrenoreceptor
- Hartung J, Ciszek B, Nackley A. ?2- and ?3-adrenergic receptors drive COMT-dependent pain by increasing production of nitric oxide and cytokines. Pain. 2014;155:1346-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, they identify ?2- and ?3ARs, NO, and proinflammatory cytokines as potential therapeutic targets for pain patients with abnormalities in COMT physiology. ..
- Ling S, Nanhwan M, Qian J, Kodakandla M, Castillo A, Thomas B, et al. Modulation of microRNAs in hypertension-induced arterial remodeling through the ?1 and ?3-adrenoreceptor pathways. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;65:127-36 pubmed publisher..Manipulation of dysregulated miRNAs by ?-blockers may substantially induce alterations of gene expression and prevent arterial dysfunction and remodeling. ..
- Ristori C, Filippi L, Dal Monte M, Martini D, Cammalleri M, Fortunato P, et al. Role of the adrenergic system in a mouse model of oxygen-induced retinopathy: antiangiogenic effects of beta-adrenoreceptor blockade. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:155-70 pubmed publisher..Although the relevance of these results to infant ROP is uncertain, the findings may help to establish potential pharmacologic targets based on ?3-AR pharmacology. ..
- Barbier J, Mouas C, Rannou Bekono F, Carre F. Existence of beta(3)-adrenoceptors in rat heart: functional implications. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2007;34:796-8 pubmed
- Hamilton G, Proitsi P, Jehu L, Morgan A, Williams J, O Donovan M, et al. Candidate gene association study of insulin signaling genes and Alzheimer's disease: evidence for SOS2, PCK1, and PPARgamma as susceptibility loci. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2007;144B:508-16 pubmed..In particular, our data suggest that the effect of variants within these genes might be influenced by gender...
- Breit A, Lagacé M, Bouvier M. Hetero-oligomerization between beta2- and beta3-adrenergic receptors generates a beta-adrenergic signaling unit with distinct functional properties. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:28756-65 pubmed..Together, these results demonstrate that hetero-oligomerization between beta(2)AR and beta(3)AR forms a beta-adrenergic signaling unit that possesses unique functional properties. ..
- Muñoz Valle J, Vazquez Del Mercado M, Ruiz Quezada S, Oregon Romero E, Navarro Hernandez R, Ramírez Barragán J, et al. Polymorphism of the beta3-adrenergic receptor and lipid profile in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus treated with chloroquine. Rheumatol Int. 2003;23:99-103 pubmed..01), two of them taking chloroquine. Arg64/arg64 beta(3)-AR polymorphism may contribute to increased TG and VLDL-c in RA patients, independently of chloroquine treatment. ..
- Sakane N, Yoshida T, Yoshioka K, Nakamura Y, Umekawa T, Kogure A, et al. Beta 3-adrenoreceptor gene polymorphism: a newly identified risk factor for proliferative retinopathy in NIDDM patients. Diabetes. 1997;46:1633-6 pubmed..55 (95% CI 1.25-5.16). We concluded that the beta 3-AR gene polymorphism is a newly identified risk factor for PDR. ..
- Hadri K, Courtalon A, Gauthereau X, Chambaut Guérin A, Pairault J, Feve B. Differential regulation by tumor necrosis factor-alpha of beta1-, beta2-, and beta3-adrenoreceptor gene expression in 3T3-F442A adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:24514-21 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a differential modulation by TNF-alpha of the three beta-adrenoreceptor subtypes in adipocytes, which may contribute to metabolic disorders induced by the cytokine in the adipocyte. ..
- Mannerås L, Cajander S, Lönn M, Stener Victorin E. Acupuncture and exercise restore adipose tissue expression of sympathetic markers and improve ovarian morphology in rats with dihydrotestosterone-induced PCOS. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R1124-31 pubmed publisher..In mesenteric adipose tissue, expression of beta(3)-adrenergic receptor (ADRB3), nerve growth factor (NGF), and neuropeptide Y (NPY) mRNA was higher in untreated PCOS rats than in controls...
- Lai E, Pettersson U, Verdugo A, Carlsson P, Bodin B, Källskog O, et al. Blood lipids affect rat islet blood flow regulation through ??-adrenoceptors. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2014;307:E653-63 pubmed publisher..Both the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system are important for the coordination of islet blood flow and insulin release during hyperlipidemia, with a previously unknown role for ??-adrenoceptors. ..
- Lehman D, Hamlington J, Hunt K, Leach R, Arya R, Abboud H, et al. A novel missense mutation in ADRB3 increases risk for type 2 diabetes in a Mexican American family. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2006;22:331-6 pubmedThe human beta3-adrenergic receptor gene (ADRB3) has been investigated as a candidate gene for diabetes-related traits in many studies...
- Kong Y, Zhang Y, Li N, Zhang L, Gao Y, Xue H, et al. [Association between beta3-adrenergic receptor and oxidative stress in chronic heart failure rats]. Zhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi. 2010;38:435-9 pubmed..Our results showed that myocardial upregulation of beta(3)-AR is associated with increased oxidative stress in this model and beta(3)-AR inhibitor may be a new therapeutic agent for heart failure treatment. ..
- Shimizu T, Yokotani K. Acute cold exposure-induced down-regulation of CIDEA, cell death-inducing DNA fragmentation factor-alpha-like effector A, in rat interscapular brown adipose tissue by sympathetically activated beta3-adrenoreceptors. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;387:294-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that acute cold exposure resulted in down-regulation of CIDEA in interscapular BAT by sympathetically activated beta(3)-adrenoreceptor-mediated mechanisms in rats. ..
- Mori A, Nakahara T, Sakamoto K, Ishii K. Role of ?3-adrenoceptors in regulation of retinal vascular tone in rats. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2011;384:603-8 pubmed publisher..The results also indicate that the functional role of ?(3)-adrenoceptors may be more important than that in peripheral resistance vessels. ..
- Hamilton B, Doods H. Identification of potent agonists acting at an endogenous atypical beta3-adrenoceptor state that modulate lipolysis in rodent fat cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;580:55-62 pubmed
- Flacco N, Segura V, Perez Aso M, Estrada S, Seller J, Jiménez Altayó F, et al. Different ?-adrenoceptor subtypes coupling to cAMP or NO/cGMP pathways: implications in the relaxant response of rat conductance and resistance vessels. Br J Pharmacol. 2013;169:413-25 pubmed publisher..In MRA, Adrb1 signalled through cAMP, Adrb3 through both cAMP and cGMP, but Adrb2, did not activate nucleotide formation; isoprenaline relaxation was ..
- Du Z, Wang L, Zhao Y, Cao J, Wang T, Liu P, et al. Sympathetic denervation-induced MSC mobilization in distraction osteogenesis associates with inhibition of MSC migration and osteogenesis by norepinephrine/adrb3. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e105976 pubmed publisher..can deplete norepinephrine (NE) in distraction-induced bone callus, down-regulate Î²3-adrenergic receptor (adrb3) in bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs), and promote MSC migration from perivascular regions to bone-forming ..
- Rickenbacher A, Seiler R, Honegger U, Shaw S, Balsiger B. Role of beta1-, beta2-, and beta3-adrenoceptors in contractile hypersensitivity in a model of small bowel transplantation. Surgery. 2008;143:94-102 pubmed..05). In rat ileum, adrenergic inhibition of contractility was dependent on muscular beta3-AR pathways, whereas posttransplant hypersensitivity was due to upregulated neuronal beta1- and beta2-AR mechanisms that were inactive before SBT. ..
- Cellek S, Thangiah R, Bassil A, Campbell C, Gray K, Stretton J, et al. Demonstration of functional neuronal beta3-adrenoceptors within the enteric nervous system. Gastroenterology. 2007;133:175-83 pubmed..Therefore, beta(3)-AR could be a novel therapeutic target for functional gastrointestinal disorders. ..
- Babol K, Przybylowska K, Lukaszek M, Pertynski T, Blasiak J. An association between the Trp64Arg polymorphism in the beta3-adrenergic receptor gene and endometrial cancer and obesity. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2004;23:669-74 pubmed..The prevalence of the Arg allele of the Trp64Arg polymorphism in the beta3-adrenergic receptor gene may contribute to the susceptibility to endometrial cancer among obese/overweight individuals. ..
- Miki T, Liu J, Ohta K, Suzuki S, Kusaka T, Warita K, et al. Early postnatal maternal separation causes alterations in the expression of ?3-adrenergic receptor in rat adipose tissue suggesting long-term influence on obesity. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013;442:68-71 pubmed publisher..Given that these molecules influence the mitochondrial metabolism, our study indicates that early postnatal maternal deprivation can influence the fate of adipose tissue proliferation, presumably leading to obesity later in life. ..
- Chen Z, Miao G, Liu M, Hao G, Liu Y, Fang X, et al. Age-related up-regulation of beta3-adrenergic receptor in heart-failure rats. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2010;30:227-33 pubmed publisher..beta3-AR protein levels increased significantly when heart failure worsened in aging rats. These results suggest that beta3-AR expression in age-related heart-failure rats and left ventricular function were highly correlated. ..
- Zhou L, Zhang P, Cheng Z, Hao W, Wang R, Fang Q, et al. Altered circadian rhythm of cardiac ?3-adrenoceptor activity following myocardial infarction in the rat. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:37-50 pubmed publisher..We conclude that circadian rhythms of myocardial ?3-AR activities are disturbed after MI and ?3-AR activation offers anti-arrhythmic protection. ..
- Bossard F, Silantieff E, Lavazais Blancou E, Robay A, Sagan C, Rozec B, et al. ?1, ?2, and ?3 adrenoceptors and Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 1 expression in human bronchi and their modifications in cystic fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;44:91-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NHERF1 may be a new therapeutic target in patients with CF, to facilitate the trafficking of mutated CFTR to plasma membrane. ..
- Hristov K, Cui X, Brown S, Liu L, Kellett W, Petkov G. Stimulation of beta3-adrenoceptors relaxes rat urinary bladder smooth muscle via activation of the large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2008;295:C1344-53 pubmed publisher..The data indicate that stimulation of beta3-AR relaxes rat UBSM by increasing the BK channel STOC frequency, which causes membrane hyperpolarization and thus relaxation. ..
- Malek H, Shalaby A. The preventive effect of Î²3 adrenoceptor stimulation against experimentally induced reflux esophagitis. Acta Physiol Hung. 2015;102:94-104 pubmed publisher..In addition, there was a no significant increase in esophageal PGE2. It can be concluded that BRL 37344 has an anti-oxidant protective effect in rats with RE. ..
- Tillinger A, Myslivecek J, Novakova M, Krizanova O, Kvetnansky R. Gene expression of adrenoceptors in the hearts of cold-acclimated rats exposed to a novel stressor. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1148:393-9 pubmed publisher..A protective role of beta(2)-, beta(3)-AR, and alpha(1B)-AR in the process of heart adaptation to chronic stress exposure is proposed. ..
- Liu N, Zhang X, Liang C, Yao D, Liu L, Zhao D, et al. [Dynamic changes of alpha-AR, beta1-AR and beta2-AR expression during hepatic fibrogenesis]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2009;17:653-6 pubmed..564, 0.753 and 0.606, respectively. The expression of alpha -SMA is increased dramatically during the fibrosis, and is positively associated with the expression of alpha -AR, beta(1)-AR and beta(2)-AR. ..
- Morcillo S, Cardona F, Rojo Martinez G, Almaraz M, Esteva I, Ruiz de Adana M, et al. Effect of the combination of the variants -75G/A APOA1 and Trp64Arg ADRB3 on the risk of type 2 diabetes (DM2). Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2008;68:102-7 pubmed..We searched for a possible interaction between two polymorphisms (Trp64Arg of ADRB3 gene and -75G/A of APOA1gene) and the risk for DM2 in a population from southern Spain...
- Guan Y, Gao L, Ma H, Li Q, Zhang H, Yuan F, et al. Chronic intermittent hypobaric hypoxia decreases beta-adrenoceptor activity in right ventricular papillary muscle. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;298:H1267-72 pubmed publisher..This mechanism may be involved in the cardiac protective effect of CIHH. ..
- Rohrer D, Chruscinski A, Schauble E, Bernstein D, Kobilka B. Cardiovascular and metabolic alterations in mice lacking both beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16701-8 pubmed
- Clement K, Vaisse C, Manning B, Basdevant A, Guy Grand B, Ruiz J, et al. Genetic variation in the beta 3-adrenergic receptor and an increased capacity to gain weight in patients with morbid obesity. N Engl J Med. 1995;333:352-4 pubmed..02). People with the Trp64Arg mutation of the gene for the beta 3-adrenergic receptor may have an increased capacity to gain weight. ..
- Hoffstedt J, Poirier O, Thorne A, Lonnqvist F, Herrmann S, Cambien F, et al. Polymorphism of the human beta3-adrenoceptor gene forms a well-conserved haplotype that is associated with moderate obesity and altered receptor function. Diabetes. 1999;48:203-5 pubmed
- Lladó I, Rodriguez Cuenca S, Pujol E, Monjo M, Estrany M, Roca P, et al. Gender effects on adrenergic receptor expression and lipolysis in white adipose tissue of rats. Obes Res. 2002;10:296-305 pubmed
- Khan I, Hussein S, Oriowo M. Studies on the expression and function of beta-3-adrenoceptors in the colon of rats with acetic acid-induced colitis. Pharmacology. 2002;64:98-105 pubmed..Therefore, the dysfunctional motility that is characteristic of ulcerative colitis, is not likely to be due to changes in beta(3)-adrenergic mechanisms in this model. ..
- Ringel J, Kreutz R, Distler A, Sharma A. The Trp64Arg polymorphism of the beta3-adrenergic receptor gene is associated with hypertension in men with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Am J Hypertens. 2000;13:1027-31 pubmedA missense mutation of the beta3-adrenergic receptor gene (ADRB3) resulting in a tryptophan/arginine exchange at position 64 (Trp64Arg polymorphism) has recently been associated with greater capacity to gain weight, a low resting ..
- Kawamura T, Egusa G, Okubo M, Imazu M, Yamakido M. Association of beta3-adrenergic receptor gene polymorphism with insulin resistance in Japanese-American men. Metabolism. 1999;48:1367-70 pubmed..Thus, there is an association between the Trp64Arg variant of the beta3-AR gene and insulin resistance in Japanese-Americans with IGT. ..
- Zhao Q, Wu T, Jiang Z, Chen G, Lin Y, Wang L. Effect of beta-blockers on beta3-adrenoceptor expression in chronic heart failure. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2007;21:85-90 pubmed..Carvedilol, rather than Metoprolol, diminishes beta(3)-adrenoceptor expression in the failing ventricles. ..
- Conley R, Li J, Ivarsson M, Hutson P. Effect of the beta3 adrenoceptor agonist CL 316243 on hypothalamic 5-HT synthesis and suppression of REM sleep in the rat. J Psychopharmacol. 2007;21:597-602 pubmed..However, these effects are not maintained with repeated dosing. ..
- Fullhase C, Soler R, Westerling Andersson K, Andersson K. Beta3-adrenoceptors in the rat sacral spinal cord and their functional relevance in micturition under normal conditions and in a model of partial urethral obstruction. Neurourol Urodyn. 2011;30:1382-7 pubmed publisher..Besides their well-established peripheral site of action in the treatment of voiding dysfunction, ?3-AR selective agonists might exert relevant effects at a central nervous site of action. ..
- Deng Y, Wu W, Fang C, Huang Z, Wang J. [Regulation of resting intracellular Ca(2+) concentration of ventricular myocytes by beta(3)-adrenoceptor and its signaling pathway in rats with experimental heart failure]. Nan Fang Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao. 2009;29:1635-7 pubmed..This effect is mediated through the PTX-NOS-NO pathway. ..
- Kumar M, Moore R, Scarpace P. Beta3-adrenergic regulation of leptin, food intake, and adiposity is impaired with age. Pflugers Arch. 1999;438:681-8 pubmed
- Moniotte S, Kobzik L, Feron O, Trochu J, Gauthier C, Balligand J. Upregulation of beta(3)-adrenoceptors and altered contractile response to inotropic amines in human failing myocardium. Circulation. 2001;103:1649-55 pubmed..Opposite changes occur in beta(1)- and beta(3)-adrenoceptor abundance in the failing left ventricle, with an imbalance between their inotropic influences that may underlie the functional degradation of the human failing heart. ..
- Silva I, Costa A, Moreira S, Ferreirinha F, Magalhães Cardoso M, Calejo I, et al. Inhibition of cholinergic neurotransmission by ?3-adrenoceptors depends on adenosine release and A1-receptor activation in human and rat urinary bladders. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2017;313:F388-F403 pubmed publisher
- Scarpace P, Matheny M, Tumer N. Differential down-regulation of beta3-adrenergic receptor mRNA and signal transduction by cold exposure in brown adipose tissue of young and senescent rats. Pflugers Arch. 1999;437:479-83 pubmed
- Sun J, Fu L, Tang X, Han Y, Ma D, Cao J, et al. Testosterone modulation of cardiac ?-adrenergic signals in a rat model of heart failure. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2011;172:518-25 pubmed publisher..Thus our findings suggest that testosterone may have beneficial effects for male heart failure patients with androgen deficiency and this protection involves modulation of the cardiac ?-adrenergic system. ..
- Barbero R, Badino P, Odore R, Galmozzi M, Cuniberti B, Zanatta R, et al. Mepartricin long-term administration regulates steroid hormone and adrenergic receptor concentrations in the prostate of aged rats. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2006;29:289-97 pubmed
- Sharma V, Parsons H, Allard M, McNeill J. Metoprolol increases the expression of beta(3)-adrenoceptors in the diabetic heart: effects on nitric oxide signaling and forkhead transcription factor-3. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;595:44-51 pubmed publisher..beta-adrenoceptor signaling shifted from PKA to Akt-mediated signaling, associated with phosphorylation of FOXO-3 but not eNOS. ..
- Jimenez M, Leger B, Canola K, Lehr L, Arboit P, Seydoux J, et al. Beta(1)/beta(2)/beta(3)-adrenoceptor knockout mice are obese and cold-sensitive but have normal lipolytic responses to fasting. FEBS Lett. 2002;530:37-40 pubmed..Hence, beta-adrenergic signalling is essential for the resistance to obesity and cold, but not for the lipolytic response to fasting. ..
- Higashi K, Ishikawa T, Ito T, Yonemura A, Shige H, Nakamura H. Association of a genetic variation in the beta 3-adrenergic receptor gene with coronary heart disease among Japanese. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1997;232:728-30 pubmed..This mutation was associated with coronary heart disease and obesity but was not with glucose and lipid metabolism disorders in Japanese nationals. ..