Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adrb2
Description: adrenoceptor beta 2
Alias: beta-2 adrenergic receptor, Adrenergic beta 2- receptor surface, adrenergic receptor, beta 2, adrenergic, beta-2-, receptor, surface, adrenoceptor beta 2, surface, beta-2 adrenoceptor, beta-2 adrenoreceptor
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Lou Y, Liu J, Huang Y, Liu J, Wang Z, Liu Y, et al. A46G and C79G polymorphisms in the ?2-adrenergic receptor gene (ADRB2) and essential hypertension risk: a meta-analysis. Hypertens Res. 2010;33:1114-23 pubmed publisher..No association could be found in this study between the two polymorphisms and stage 2 hypertension. More studies stratified for different ethnicities and different stages of hypertension should be performed in the future. ..
- Sunaguchi M, Nishi M, Mizobe T, Kawata M. Real-time imaging of green fluorescent protein-tagged beta 2-adrenergic receptor distribution in living cells. Brain Res. 2003;984:21-32 pubmed..Our results demonstrate spatial and temporal redistribution pattern of beta(2)AR in living non-neuronal cells and neuronal cells. ..
- Donohue J. Safety and efficacy of beta agonists. Respir Care. 2008;53:618-22; discussion 623-4 pubmed..The effect of the beta receptor genotype on beta agonist response is unclear but could hold promise for proper patient management. ..
- Woo A, Jozwiak K, Toll L, Tanga M, Kozocas J, Jimenez L, et al. Tyrosine 308 is necessary for ligand-directed Gs protein-biased signaling of ?2-adrenoceptor. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:19351-63 pubmed publisher..We conclude that specific interactions between the ligand and the Tyr-308 residue of ?2-AR stabilize receptor conformations favoring the receptor-Gs protein coupling and subsequently result in Gs-biased agonism...
- Noh H, Yu M, Kim H, Lee J, Park B, Wu I, et al. Beta 2-adrenergic receptor agonists are novel regulators of macrophage activation in diabetic renal and cardiovascular complications. Kidney Int. 2017;92:101-113 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?2AR agonists might have protective effects against diabetic renal and cardiovascular complications. ..
- Shaul P, Muntz K, Buja L. Comparison of beta adrenergic receptor binding characteristics and coupling to adenylate cyclase in rat pulmonary artery versus aorta. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1990;252:86-92 pubmed..9 vs. 125.5 +/- 19.1 pmol of cAMP per mg of protein, P less than .001), as was basal adenylate cyclase activity (10.8 +/- 1.2 vs. 5.7 +/- 1.3 pmol of cAMP per mg of protein per min, P less than .05).(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Tsushima H, Fujimoto S, Matsuda T. Effects of beta 1- and beta 2-adrenoceptor agonists applied into the hypothalamic paraventricular nuclei of spontaneously hypertensive rats on urine production. Jpn J Pharmacol. 1994;64:201-7 pubmed..The ability of beta-adrenoceptor agonists to decrease urine outflow rates in SHR was not altered as compared to that in the control rats. beta-Adrenoceptor-mediated antidiuresis was not due to vasopressin release. ..
- Head B, Patel H, Roth D, Lai N, Niesman I, Farquhar M, et al. G-protein-coupled receptor signaling components localize in both sarcolemmal and intracellular caveolin-3-associated microdomains in adult cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31036-44 pubmed
- Hewitt M, Estell K, Davis I, Schwiebert L. Repeated bouts of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise reduce airway reactivity in a murine asthma model. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;42:243-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these data indicate that moderate-intensity aerobic exercise training attenuates AHR via a mechanism that involves beta(2)-AR. ..
- Dalal S, FOSTER C, Das B, Singh M, Singh K. ?-adrenergic receptor stimulation induces endoplasmic reticulum stress in adult cardiac myocytes: role in apoptosis. Mol Cell Biochem. 2012;364:59-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?-AR stimulation induces ER stress in cardiac myocytes and in the heart, and induction of ER stress plays a pro-apoptotic role. ..
- Peng X, Huang Y, Wang X, Cao L, Chen L, Luo W, et al. Adrenergic Î²2-receptor mediates itch hypersensitivity following heterotypic chronic stress in rats. Neuroreport. 2015;26:1003-10 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that Î²2-adrenoceptors mediate itch hypersensitivity following chronic stress by inducing proinflammatory factors, such as TNF-Î±, in the skin. ..
- Zee R, Cook N, Reynolds R, Cheng S, Ridker P. Haplotype analysis of the beta2 adrenergic receptor gene and risk of myocardial infarction in humans. Genetics. 2005;169:1583-7 pubmedPolymorphisms in the beta2 adrenergic receptor (ADRB2), in particular G16R, Q27E, and T164I, have been implicated in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular and metabolic phenotypes...
- Plante E, Lachance D, Champetier S, Drolet M, Roussel E, Arsenault M, et al. Benefits of long-term beta-blockade in experimental chronic aortic regurgitation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H1888-95 pubmed publisher..One year of treatment with Met was well tolerated. Met improved 1-yr survival, minimized LV hypertrophy, improved LV filling pressures, decreased LV subendocardial fibrosis, and helped restore the beta-adrenergic receptor ratio. ..
- Nakamura A, Niimi R, Yanagawa Y. Protection from sepsis-induced acute renal failure by adenoviral-mediated gene transfer of beta2-adrenoceptor. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2010;25:730-7 pubmed publisher..Administration of the Adeno-beta(2)-AR gene has potential as a therapeutic agent against ARF following the onset of sepsis. ..
- Rodrigues S, Tran E, Fortes Z, Schmid Schonbein G. Matrix metalloproteinases cleave the beta2-adrenergic receptor in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2010;299:H25-35 pubmed publisher..Thus MMPs may contribute to the reduced density of the extracellular domain of beta(2)-AR in blood vessels and to the increased arteriolar tone of SHRs compared with normotensive rats...
- Jiang X, Xu C, Wang Y, Gao L, Yan C, Li D, et al. ?2-adrenoceptor transfection enhances contractile reserve of isolated rat ventricular myocytes exposed to chronic isoprenaline stimulation by improving ?1-adrenoceptor responsiveness. J Recept Signal Transduct Res. 2012;32:36-41 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ?(2)-AR gene transfer in isolated ventricular myocytes under chronic ISO stimulation improves cellular contraction, and the beneficial effects might be mediated by improving ?(1)-adrenoceptor responsiveness. ..
- Buckland P, Hill R, Tidmarsh S, McGuffin P. Primary structure of the rat beta-2 adrenergic receptor gene. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:682 pubmed
- Vacca G, Schwabe K, Dück R, Hlawa H, Westphal A, Pabst S, et al. Polymorphisms of the beta2 adrenoreceptor gene in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2009;3:3-10 pubmed publisher..that patients who are homozygous for one of the two important polymorphisms of the beta2-adrenergic receptor [ADRB2] gene at codon 16 (arginine to glycine) and 27 (glutamine to glutamate) may have a reduced response to ss2-..
- Liu N, Zhang X, Liang C, Yao D, Liu L, Zhao D, et al. [Dynamic changes of alpha-AR, beta1-AR and beta2-AR expression during hepatic fibrogenesis]. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi. 2009;17:653-6 pubmed..564, 0.753 and 0.606, respectively. The expression of alpha -SMA is increased dramatically during the fibrosis, and is positively associated with the expression of alpha -AR, beta(1)-AR and beta(2)-AR. ..
- Feldman G, Siler T, Prasad N, Jack D, Piggott S, Owen R, et al. Efficacy and safety of indacaterol 150 microg once-daily in COPD: a double-blind, randomised, 12-week study. BMC Pulm Med. 2010;10:11 pubmed publisher..Indacaterol 150 microg o.d. provided clinically significant and sustained bronchodilation, reduced rescue medication use, and had a safety and tolerability profile similar to placebo. NCT00624286. ..
- Michel M, Kanczik R, Khamssi M, Knorr A, Siegl H, Beckeringh J, et al. Alpha and beta-adrenoceptors in hypertension. I. Cardiac and renal alpha 1-, beta 1-, and beta 2-adrenoceptors in rat models of acquired hypertension. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1989;13:421-31 pubmed..Because renal alpha-adrenoceptors are linked to tubular sodium reabsorption, we suggest that an increase in renal alpha 1- (and alpha 2)-adrenoceptors may be a very early step in the development of genetic hypertension. ..
- Takahashi H, Kinouchi M, Tamura T, Iizuka H. Decreased beta 2-adrenergic receptor-mRNA and loricrin-mRNA, and increased involucrin-mRNA transcripts in psoriatic epidermis: analysis by reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. Br J Dermatol. 1996;134:1065-9 pubmed..These results indicate that the altered expression of the beta 2-adrenergic receptor, loricrin, and involucrin, in the psoriatic involved epidermis, is associated with different amounts of each mRNA transcripts. ..
- Hadri K, Courtalon A, Gauthereau X, Chambaut Guérin A, Pairault J, Feve B. Differential regulation by tumor necrosis factor-alpha of beta1-, beta2-, and beta3-adrenoreceptor gene expression in 3T3-F442A adipocytes. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:24514-21 pubmed..These findings demonstrate a differential modulation by TNF-alpha of the three beta-adrenoreceptor subtypes in adipocytes, which may contribute to metabolic disorders induced by the cytokine in the adipocyte. ..
- Jindal D, Coumar M, Nandakumar K, Bodhankar S, Purohit P, Mahadik K, et al. Synthesis, beta-adrenergic blocking activity and beta-receptor binding affinities of 1-substituted-3-(2-isopropyl-5-methyl-phenoxy)-propan-2-ol oxalates. Farmaco. 2003;58:557-62 pubmed..These results suggest that both the compounds possess non-selective beta-adrenergic blocking activity, with the tert-butyl derivative 6 being more active than the isopropyl derivative 5. ..
- Mutlu G, Dumasius V, Burhop J, McShane P, Meng F, Welch L, et al. Upregulation of alveolar epithelial active Na+ transport is dependent on beta2-adrenergic receptor signaling. Circ Res. 2004;94:1091-100 pubmed..These findings indicate that betaAR signaling may not be necessary for basal AFC, and that beta2AR is essential for the adaptive physiological response needed to clear excess fluid from the alveolar airspace of normal and injured lungs. ..
- Haack K, Tougas M, Jones K, El Dahr S, Radhakrishna H, McCarty N. A novel bioassay for detecting GPCR heterodimerization: transactivation of beta 2 adrenergic receptor by bradykinin receptor. J Biomol Screen. 2010;15:251-60 pubmed publisher..oocytes was used as a bioassay to explore heterodimerization of bradykinin type 2 receptor (Bk2R) and beta 2 adrenergic receptor (beta(2)AR), using chloride channels as outputs for receptor activation...
- Laing M, Bashir Z. ?-Adrenoceptors and synaptic plasticity in the perirhinal cortex. Neuroscience. 2014;273:163-73 pubmed publisher..Understanding the mechanisms of amygdala-perirhinal cortex plasticity will allow a greater understanding of how emotionally-charged events are remembered. ..
- Bachman E, Dhillon H, Zhang C, Cinti S, Bianco A, Kobilka B, et al. betaAR signaling required for diet-induced thermogenesis and obesity resistance. Science. 2002;297:843-5 pubmed..These findings establish that betaARs are necessary for diet-induced thermogenesis and that this efferent pathway plays a critical role in the body's defense against diet-induced obesity. ..
- Jimenez M, Leger B, Canola K, Lehr L, Arboit P, Seydoux J, et al. Beta(1)/beta(2)/beta(3)-adrenoceptor knockout mice are obese and cold-sensitive but have normal lipolytic responses to fasting. FEBS Lett. 2002;530:37-40 pubmed..Hence, beta-adrenergic signalling is essential for the resistance to obesity and cold, but not for the lipolytic response to fasting. ..
- Dedoussis G, Maumus S, Choumerianou D, Skoumas J, Pitsavos C, Stefanadis C, et al. Different genes and polymorphisms affecting high-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in Greek familial hypercholesterolemia patients. Genet Test. 2006;10:192-9 pubmed..We investigated the effect of APOCIII T1100C, FV Gln506Arg, ADRB2 Glu27Gln, SELE Ser128Arg, SELE Leu554Phe, and ENaCa Ala663Thr polymorphisms on the HDL-C variations in 84 patients ..
- Guo N, Li B. Cellular and subcellular distributions of beta1- and beta2-adrenoceptors in the CA1 and CA3 regions of the rat hippocampus. Neuroscience. 2007;146:298-305 pubmed..The differential subcellular distribution of beta1- and beta2-ARs may have functional significance. ..
- Kim W, Oh Y, Sung J, Lee Y, Seo J, Kim N, et al. CT scanning-based phenotypes vary with ADRB2 polymorphisms in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Respir Med. 2009;103:98-103 pubmed publisher..We therefore studied whether airway and parenchyma involvement might be associated with the ADRB2 genotype, which has been reported to be associated with COPD susceptibility and the bronchodilator response...
- Ahmet I, Morrell C, Lakatta E, Talan M. Therapeutic efficacy of a combination of a beta1-adrenoreceptor (AR) blocker and beta2-AR agonist in a rat model of postmyocardial infarction dilated heart failure exceeds that of a beta1-AR blocker plus angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009;331:178-85 pubmed publisher..Thus, this novel therapeutic regimen for CHF warrants detailed clinical investigation. ..
- Li Y, Wang G, Lin K, Yin H, Zhou C, Liu T, et al. Rab1 GTPase promotes expression of beta-adrenergic receptors in rat pulmonary microvascular endothelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2010;42:1201-1209 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that beta-ARs function in RPMVECs could be modulated by manipulating beta-ARs traffic from the ER to the Golgi body. We propose the ER-to-Golgi transport as a regulatory site for control of permeability of RPMVECs. ..
- Schobesberger S, Wright P, Tokar S, Bhargava A, Mansfield C, Glukhov A, et al. T-tubule remodelling disturbs localized Î²2-adrenergic signalling in rat ventricular myocytes during the progression of heart failure. Cardiovasc Res. 2017;113:770-782 pubmed publisher..Complete disorganization of Î²2AR-mediated cAMP signalling due to changes in functional receptor localization and cellular structure occurs at 16-week post-MI. ..
- Rohrer D, Chruscinski A, Schauble E, Bernstein D, Kobilka B. Cardiovascular and metabolic alterations in mice lacking both beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16701-8 pubmed
- Gjesing A, Andersen G, Burgdorf K, Borch Johnsen K, Jørgensen T, Hansen T, et al. Studies of the associations between functional beta2-adrenergic receptor variants and obesity, hypertension and type 2 diabetes in 7,808 white subjects. Diabetologia. 2007;50:563-8 pubmedFunctional and common Arg16Gly and Gln27Glu polymorphisms have been identified in ADRB2, the gene encoding the beta2-adrenergic receptor...
- Wang J, Marui A, Ikeda T, Komeda M. Partial left ventricular unloading reverses contractile dysfunction and helps recover gene expressions in failing rat hearts. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2008;7:27-31 pubmed..Partial left ventricular unloading regressed myocardial hypertrophy, reversed contractile dysfunction and normalized the mRNA (BNP, SERCA2a, beta(1) and beta(2)-AR) expressions of failing rat hearts. ..
- Chen Y, Lipkowitz M, Salem R, Fung M, Bhatnagar V, Mahata M, et al. Progression of chronic kidney disease: Adrenergic genetic influence on glomerular filtration rate decline in hypertensive nephrosclerosis. Am J Nephrol. 2010;32:23-30 pubmed publisher..Recent evidence implicates a crucial role for the sympathetic nervous system in progressive renal disease...
- Das M, Ghosh M, Das S. Thyroid Hormone-Induced Differentiation of Astrocytes is Associated with Transcriptional Upregulation of Î²-arrestin-1 and Î²-adrenergic Receptor-Mediated Endosomal Signaling. Mol Neurobiol. 2016;53:5178-90 pubmed publisher..Observations suggest that TH upregulate Î²-arrestin-1 in astrocytes to facilitate endocytosis of Î²2-AR, required for endosomal ERK activation to drive the differentiation process. ..
- Reed V, Mack D, Smith L. Adenylosuccinate lyase as an indicator of breast and prostate malignancies: a preliminary report. Clin Biochem. 1987;20:349-51 pubmed..A cut-off level of 5 U/mL gave a false-positive rate of 11% with no false negatives. These results indicate that further work is warranted to determine the effectiveness of SAMP lyase as an indicator of breast and prostatic cancers. ..
- Marchetti B, Morale M, Paradis P, Bouvier M. Characterization, expression, and hormonal control of a thymic beta 2-adrenergic receptor. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:E718-31 pubmed
- Nakamura A, Niimi R, Yanagawa Y. Renal beta(2)-adrenoceptor modulates the lipopolysaccharide transport system in sepsis-induced acute renal failure. Inflammation. 2009;32:12-9 pubmed publisher..The reduction of Ccr by LPS plus ICI118,551 suggests a possibility that renal specific up-regulation of the CD14-TLR4-TNF-alpha signaling cascade by beta(2)-AR inhibition might be involved in sepsis-induced ARF. ..
- Cong M, Perry S, Hu L, Hanson P, Claing A, Lefkowitz R. Binding of the beta2 adrenergic receptor to N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor regulates receptor recycling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45145-52 pubmed..Thus, the direct binding of the beta2AR to NSF demonstrates how, after internalization, the fate of a receptor is reliant on a specific interaction with a component of the cellular membrane-trafficking machinery. ..
- Mieno S, Horimoto H, Sawa Y, Watanabe F, Furuya E, Horimoto S, et al. Activation of beta2-adrenergic receptor plays a pivotal role in generating the protective effect of ischemic preconditioning in rat hearts. Scand Cardiovasc J. 2005;39:313-9 pubmed..The combination treatment of IPC and gene transfer of B2AR protects cardiac function against ischemia and it shows the beneficial effect also in post-MI hearts. ..
- Khan K, Drescher M, Hatfield J, Ramakrishnan N, Drescher D. Immunohistochemical localization of adrenergic receptors in the rat organ of corti and spiral ganglion. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:3000-12 pubmed..Overall, adrenergic modulation of neural/supporting cell function within the organ of Corti represents a newly considered mechanism for modifying afferent signaling. ..
- Gao V, Suzuki A, Magistretti P, Lengacher S, Pollonini G, Steinman M, et al. Astrocytic ?2-adrenergic receptors mediate hippocampal long-term memory consolidation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:8526-31 pubmed publisher..This key metabolic role of astrocytic ?2ARs may represent a novel target mechanism for stress-related psychopathologies and neurodegeneration. ..
- Jiang L, Gao B, Kunos G. DNA elements and protein factors involved in the transcription of the beta 2-adrenergic receptor gene in rat liver. The negative regulatory role of C/EBP alpha. Biochemistry. 1996;35:13136-46 pubmed..Thus, derepression via C/EBP alpha is likely involved in the up-regulation of beta 2AR in the regenerating rat liver. ..
- Sugaya K, Nishijima S, Yamada T, Miyazato M, Hatano T, Ogawa Y. Molecular analysis of adrenergic receptor genes and interleukin-4/interleukin-4 receptor genes in patients with interstitial cystitis. J Urol. 2002;168:2668-71 pubmed..Therefore, we studied adrenergic receptor genes alpha1d (ADRA1d), beta2 (ADRB2) and beta3 (ADRB3), and IL-4/IL-4 receptor genes in patients with interstitial cystitis...
- Szczepankiewicz A, Breborowicz A, Sobkowiak P, Kramer L, Popiel A. Role of ADRB2 gene polymorphism in asthma and response to beta(2)-agonists in Polish children. J Appl Genet. 2009;50:275-81 pubmed..aims of this study were: (1) to find associations of asthma with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) within the ADRB2 gene: Arg16Gly, Gln27Glu, -1023 G/A, -367 T/C, -47 C/T ; (2) to define linkage disequilibrium in the gene region, ..
- Bossard F, Silantieff E, Lavazais Blancou E, Robay A, Sagan C, Rozec B, et al. ?1, ?2, and ?3 adrenoceptors and Na+/H+ exchanger regulatory factor 1 expression in human bronchi and their modifications in cystic fibrosis. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2011;44:91-8 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, NHERF1 may be a new therapeutic target in patients with CF, to facilitate the trafficking of mutated CFTR to plasma membrane. ..
- Aránguiz Urroz P, Canales J, Copaja M, Troncoso R, Vicencio J, Carrillo C, et al. Beta(2)-adrenergic receptor regulates cardiac fibroblast autophagy and collagen degradation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1812:23-31 pubmed publisher..Overall, our data suggest that b(2)-adrenergic stimulation triggers autophagy in cardiac fibroblasts, and that this response could contribute to reduce the deleterious effects of high adrenergic stimulation upon cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Lu H, Chiang C. Combined therapy of pentastarch, dexamethasone, and dibutyryl-cAMP or beta 2-agonist attenuates ischaemia/reperfusion injury of rat lung. Injury. 2008;39:1062-70 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, combination therapy with three protective agents (Penta+Dex+beta(2)-adrenergic agonist) caused the greatest attenuation of I/R. ..
- Qu L, Guo N, Li B. Beta1- and beta2-adrenoceptors in basolateral nucleus of amygdala and their roles in consolidation of fear memory in rats. Hippocampus. 2008;18:1131-9 pubmed publisher..The present results indicate that beta1- and beta2-ARs in the BLA have differential subcellular localizations and both are required for the consolidation of auditory fear memory. ..
- Parola A, Kobilka B. The peptide product of a 5' leader cistron in the beta 2 adrenergic receptor mRNA inhibits receptor synthesis. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:4497-505 pubmedThe 5' leader region of mammalian beta 2 adrenergic receptor messenger RNAs (mRNA) have a short open reading frame (sORF) preceding the receptor cistron...
- Dorow P, Thalhofer S, Bethge H, Disselhoff G, Wagner G. Long-term treatment of angina pectoris with bisoprolol or atenolol in patients with chronic obstructive bronchitis: a randomized, double-blind crossover study. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1990;16 Suppl 5:S36-44 pubmed..This may be due to the presence of beta1-adrenoceptors in the bronchial tissue. Fifty milligrams of atenolol and 5 mg of bisoprolol once per day are effective in the treatment of angina pectoris. ..
- Lavine N, Ethier N, Oak J, Pei L, Liu F, Trieu P, et al. G protein-coupled receptors form stable complexes with inwardly rectifying potassium channels and adenylyl cyclase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:46010-9 pubmed..The observation that several G protein-coupled receptors form stable complexes with their effectors suggests that this arrangement might be a general feature of G protein-coupled signal transduction. ..
- Rami A, Volkmann T, Agarwal R, Schoninger S, Nurnberger F, Saido T, et al. beta2-Adrenergic receptor responsiveness of the calpain-calpastatin system and attenuation of neuronal death in rat hippocampus after transient global ischemia. Neurosci Res. 2003;47:373-82 pubmed..These results provide evidence that CLN is a potent neuroprotective substance, which through the enhancement of calpastatin synthesis attenuates the apoptotic machinery and modulates proteolysis. ..
- Hegener O, Prenner L, Runkel F, Baader S, Kappler J, Häberlein H. Dynamics of beta2-adrenergic receptor-ligand complexes on living cells. Biochemistry. 2004;43:6190-9 pubmed..This regulatory receptor internalization was blocked after preincubation with propranolol and with a cholesterol-complexing saponin alpha-hederin. ..
- Osadchii O, Norton G, McKechnie R, Deftereos D, Woodiwiss A. Cardiac dilatation and pump dysfunction without intrinsic myocardial systolic failure following chronic beta-adrenoreceptor activation. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H1898-905 pubmed
- Frishman W. beta-Adrenergic blockers: a 50-year historical perspective. Am J Ther. 2008;15:565-76 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the beta-adrenergic blockers have provided us with a great clinical legacy for now and in years to come. ..
- Yang J, Dong L, Tang C, Liu M. Transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation of beta(2)-adrenergic receptor gene in rat liver during sepsis. Am J Physiol. 1999;277:R132-9 pubmed
- Steagall W, Barrow B, Glasgow C, Mendoza J, Ehrmantraut M, Lin J, et al. Beta-2-adrenergic receptor polymorphisms in cystic fibrosis. Pharmacogenet Genomics. 2007;17:425-30 pubmed..The GlyGlu variant of beta2AR may have properties that lead to enhanced beta2AR function, resulting in the upregulation of CFTR activity and the improvement of CF disease. ..
- McConville P, Lakatta E, Spencer R. Greater glycogen utilization during 1- than 2-adrenergic receptor stimulation in the isolated perfused rat heart. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2007;293:E1828-35 pubmed..These findings are consistent with beta(1)-AR-specific PKA-dependent glycogen phosphorylase kinase signaling. ..
- Sala R, Moriggi E, Della Bella D, Carenzi A. The specific binding of broxaterol, a new beta 2-selective agonist, to beta-adrenoceptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 1991;203:17-23 pubmed
- Guo X, Cheng S, Taylor K, Cui J, Hughes R, Quiñones M, et al. Hypertension genes are genetic markers for insulin sensitivity and resistance. Hypertension. 2005;45:799-803 pubmed..015 and 0.028). In conclusion, AGT, NOS3, NPPA, ADRB2, ADD1, and SCNN1A may well be genetic markers for insulin resistance, and adiposity was a potential modifier for ..
- Schaak S, Cussac D, Labialle S, Mignotte V, Paris H. Cloning and functional characterization of the rat alpha2B-adrenergic receptor gene promoter region: Evidence for binding sites for erythropoiesis-related transcription factors GATA1 and NF-E2. Biochem Pharmacol. 2005;70:606-17 pubmed..EMSA showed specific binding of GATA1 and NF-E2 to these elements. Taken together, the results suggest that the chromatin environment in the vicinity of these boxes plays a critical role for alpha2B-AR expression during fetal life. ..
- Abraham P, Xing G, Zhang L, Yu E, Post R, Gamble E, et al. beta1- and beta2-adrenoceptor induced synaptic facilitation in rat basolateral amygdala. Brain Res. 2008;1209:65-73 pubmed publisher..1+/-4.1 % of control amplitude in the BLA. These data suggest that beta-adrenoceptor mediated synaptic facilitation in the amygdala is mediated by both beta1 and beta2-adrenoceptor activation. ..
- Hu L, Tang Y, Miller W, Cong M, Lau A, Lefkowitz R, et al. beta 1-adrenergic receptor association with PSD-95. Inhibition of receptor internalization and facilitation of beta 1-adrenergic receptor interaction with N-methyl-D-aspartate receptors. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:38659-66 pubmed
- Roguedas A, Audrezet M, Scotet V, Dupré Goetghebeur D, Ferec C, Misery L. Intrinsic atopic dermatitis is associated with a beta-2 adrenergic receptor polymorphism. Acta Derm Venereol. 2006;86:447-8 pubmed
- Zhang W, Fievez L, Cheu E, Bureau F, Rong W, Zhang F, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of formoterol and ipratropium bromide against acute cadmium-induced pulmonary inflammation in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;628:171-8 pubmed publisher..This protective effect is associated with reduced MMP-9 activity known to play an important pro-inflammatory role in acute inflammatory process. ..
- Chen H, Ma N, Xia J, Liu J, Xu Z. ?2-Adrenergic receptor-induced transactivation of epidermal growth factor receptor and platelet-derived growth factor receptor via Src kinase promotes rat cardiomyocyte survival. Cell Biol Int. 2012;36:237-44 pubmed publisher..The results show that ?2-AR transactivates PDGFR and EGFR, thereby promoting survival of cardiomyocytes. ..
- Pullar C, Le Provost G, O Leary A, Evans S, Baier B, Isseroff R. Î²2AR antagonists and Î²2AR gene deletion both promote skin wound repair processes. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2076-84 pubmed publisher..2AR antagonism promoted wound repair processes in the early stages of wound repair, revealing a possible new avenue for therapeutic intervention. ..
- McGraw D, Chai S, Hiller F, Cornett L. Regulation of the beta 2-adrenergic receptor and its mRNA in the rat lung by dexamethasone. Exp Lung Res. 1995;21:535-46 pubmed..However, the difference between the time course of induction for the beta 2-adrenergic receptor and its mRNA suggests that additional translational or post-translational mechanisms may also be involved. ..
- Communal C, Singh K, Sawyer D, Colucci W. Opposing effects of beta(1)- and beta(2)-adrenergic receptors on cardiac myocyte apoptosis : role of a pertussis toxin-sensitive G protein. Circulation. 1999;100:2210-2 pubmed..These findings have implications for the pathophysiology and treatment of myocardial failure. ..
- Dello Russo C, Boullerne A, Gavrilyuk V, Feinstein D. Inhibition of microglial inflammatory responses by norepinephrine: effects on nitric oxide and interleukin-1beta production. J Neuroinflammation. 2004;1:9 pubmed..These results suggest that dysregulation of the central cathecolaminergic system may contribute to detrimental inflammatory responses and brain damage in neurological disease or trauma. ..
- Ciccarelli M, Cipolletta E, Santulli G, Campanile A, Pumiglia K, Cervero P, et al. Endothelial beta2 adrenergic signaling to AKT: role of Gi and SRC. Cell Signal. 2007;19:1949-55 pubmed..We propose a novel signal transduction pathway for beta(2)AR stimulation trough G(alphai) and SRC, leading to activation of AKT. ..
- El Armouche A, Eschenhagen T. Beta-adrenergic stimulation and myocardial function in the failing heart. Heart Fail Rev. 2009;14:225-41 pubmed publisher..Which lessons can be drawn from studies in genetically engineered mice, which from (pharmaco) genetic studies? Finally, what are promising targets downstream of beta-adrenergic receptors that go beyond the current neurohumoral blockade? ..
- Pappas M, Mourouzis K, Karageorgiou H, Tesseromatis C, Mourouzis I, Kostopanagiotou G, et al. Thyroid hormone modulates the responsiveness of rat aorta to alpha1-adrenergic stimulation: an effect due to increased activation of beta2-adrenergic signaling. Int Angiol. 2009;28:474-8 pubmed..We previously found that thyroid hormone modulates the alpha1-adrenergic effect on vascular reactivity of rat aortas. In the present study we further investigated possible mechanisms of this response...
- Jiang L, Kunos G. Sequence of the 5' regulatory domain of the gene encoding the rat beta 2-adrenergic receptor. Gene. 1995;163:331-2 pubmedRestriction mapping and sequence analysis of the gene encoding the rat beta 2 adrenergic receptor (beta 2AR) revealed an error affecting most of the 5'-flanking domain, located between -192 and -2245 bp in the only published sequence of ..
- Ferro A, Coash M, Yamamoto T, Rob J, Ji Y, Queen L. Nitric oxide-dependent beta2-adrenergic dilatation of rat aorta is mediated through activation of both protein kinase A and Akt. Br J Pharmacol. 2004;143:397-403 pubmed..The latter is predominantly PKA-mediated, whereas the former occurs through both PKA and PI3K/Akt activation. ..
- Paur H, Wright P, Sikkel M, Tranter M, Mansfield C, O Gara P, et al. High levels of circulating epinephrine trigger apical cardiodepression in a ?2-adrenergic receptor/Gi-dependent manner: a new model of Takotsubo cardiomyopathy. Circulation. 2012;126:697-706 pubmed publisher..We suggest this epinephrine-specific ?(2)AR-G(i) signaling may have evolved as a cardioprotective strategy to limit catecholamine-induced myocardial toxicity during acute stress. ..
- Woo A, Wang T, Zeng X, Zhu W, Abernethy D, Wainer I, et al. Stereochemistry of an agonist determines coupling preference of beta2-adrenoceptor to different G proteins in cardiomyocytes. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:158-65 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in addition to receptor subtype and phosphorylation status, the stereochemistry of a given agonist plays an important role in determining receptor-G protein selectivity and downstream signaling events. ..
- Tillinger A, Myslivecek J, Novakova M, Krizanova O, Kvetnansky R. Gene expression of adrenoceptors in the hearts of cold-acclimated rats exposed to a novel stressor. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2008;1148:393-9 pubmed publisher..A protective role of beta(2)-, beta(3)-AR, and alpha(1B)-AR in the process of heart adaptation to chronic stress exposure is proposed. ..
- Inagaki Y, Mashima Y, Fuse N, Funayama T, Ohtake Y, Yasuda N, et al. Polymorphism of beta-adrenergic receptors and susceptibility to open-angle glaucoma. Mol Vis. 2006;12:673-80 pubmedThe human trabecular meshwork and ciliary body, which express beta-adrenergic receptors (ADRB1 and ADRB2), control aqueous humor dynamics...
- O Byrne P, Van Der Linde J, Cockcroft D, Gauvreau G, Brannan J, Fitzgerald M, et al. Prolonged bronchoprotection against inhaled methacholine by inhaled BI 1744, a long-acting beta(2)-agonist, in patients with mild asthma. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124:1217-21 pubmed publisher..No safety or tolerability concerns were identified. BI 1744 provides significant bronchoprotection against inhaled methacholine for up to 32 hours after single-dose administration. ..
- Somvanshi R, Zou S, Qiu X, Kumar U. Somatostatin receptor-2 negatively regulates ?-adrenergic receptor mediated Ca(2+) dependent signaling pathways in H9c2 cells. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1843:735-45 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results described here provide direct evidence in support of cardiac protective role of SSTR2 via modulation of Ca(2+) associated signaling pathways attributed to cardiac hypertrophy. ..