Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adra1d
Description: adrenoceptor alpha 1D
Alias: Adrd1, alpha-1D adrenergic receptor, RA42, adrenergic receptor delta1, adrenergic receptor, alpha 1d, adrenergic, alpha-1D-, receptor, alpha-1A adrenergic receptor, alpha-1D adrenoceptor, alpha-1D adrenoreceptor
- Manni L, Holmang A, Lundeberg T, Aloe L, Stener Victorin E. Ovarian expression of alpha (1)- and beta (2)-adrenoceptors and p75 neurotrophin receptors in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries. Auton Neurosci. 2005;118:79-87 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that therapeutical approaches aimed at down-regulating the sympathetic tone to the ovary could be useful in the prevention and clinical treatment of PCOS. ..
- Liu T, Ding T, Ma Y, Wei W. Selective Î±1B- and Î±1D-adrenoceptor antagonists suppress noradrenaline-induced activation, proliferation and ECM secretion of rat hepatic stellate cells in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:1385-92 pubmed publisher..NA promotes HSC-T6 cell activation, proliferation and secretion of ECM in vitro via activation of GÎ±-coupled Î±1B-AR and Î±1D-AR and the PKC-PI3K-AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Hye Khan M, Sattar M, Abdullah N, Johns E. Influence of combined hypertension and renal failure on functional alpha(1)-adrenoceptor subtypes in the rat kidney. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:1232-41 pubmed publisher..In the RFSHR, other alpha(1)-adrenoceptor subtypes, for example, alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors appeared to play a greater role. ..
- García Sáinz J, Vázquez Cuevas F, Romero Avila M. Phosphorylation and desensitization of alpha1d-adrenergic receptors. Biochem J. 2001;353:603-10 pubmed..Receptor phosphorylation has functional repercussions. ..
- Khan M, Sattar M, Abdullah N, Abdulla M, Salman I, Kazi R, et al. Functional subtypes of renal alpha1-adrenoceptor in spontaneously hypertensive rats with streptozotocin-induced experimental diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2009;32:349-59 pubmed publisher..However, there was a minor contribution of pre-synaptic alpha-adrenoceptors to the adrenergically mediated vasoconstrictor responses in the diabetic nephropathy SHR. ..
- Schwinn D, Johnston G, Page S, Mosley M, Wilson K, Worman N, et al. Cloning and pharmacological characterization of human alpha-1 adrenergic receptors: sequence corrections and direct comparison with other species homologues. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 1995;272:134-42 pubmed..In summary, these data represent the first side-by-side comparison of pharmacological properties between species homologs of alpha-1AR subtypes and should facilitate the development of alpha-1AR subtype selective drugs for clinical use. ..
- Patrão M, Queiroz D, Grossman G, Petrusz P, Lázari M, Avellar M. Cloning, expression and immunolocalization of alpha1-adrenoceptor in different tissues from rhesus monkey and human male reproductive tract. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008;14:85-96 pubmed publisher..Partial nucleotide sequences for rhesus alpha(1B)-(ADRA1B) and alpha(1D)-adrenoceptor (ADRA1D) transcripts were also characterized...
- Awe S, Adeagbo A. Vascular alpha1-adrenoceptors in isolated perfused rat kidney: influence of ageing. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2007;27:19-26 pubmed..iii) Ageing significantly decreases alpha1-adrenoceptor-mediated vasoconstriction of rat kidney. ..
- Xin X, Yang N, Faber J. Platelet-derived growth factor-BB inhibits rat alpha1D-adrenergic receptor gene expression in vascular smooth muscle cells by inducing AP-2-like protein binding to alpha1D proximal promoter region. Mol Pharmacol. 1999;56:1152-61 pubmed..Thus, PDGF-BB may increase AP-2 binding within the proximal promoter to cause down-regulation of alpha1D-AR expression in SMCs when PDGF is elevated, such as in the postnatal growing vascular wall and in vascular hypertrophic diseases. ..
- Sattar M, Abdullah N, Khan M, Johns E. Alpha1A- and alpha1D-adrenoceptors are the major functional subtypes of renal alpha1-adrenoceptors in streptozotocin-induced diabetic and normal Sprague-Dawley rats. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2008;28:1-10 pubmed publisher..A possible minor contribution of prejunctional alpha-adrenoceptor subtype has also been suggested in either experimental group, particularly possible functional involvement of alpha(1B)-adrenoceptor subtypes in non-diabetic SD rats. ..
- Campeau S, Nyhuis T, Kryskow E, Masini C, Babb J, Sasse S, et al. Stress rapidly increases alpha 1d adrenergic receptor mRNA in the rat dentate gyrus. Brain Res. 2010;1323:109-18 pubmed publisher..Although the function of the alpha(1D) ADR in the dentate gyrus is not known, these data provide further evidence for a close interaction between stress and the noradrenergic system in the hippocampus. ..
- Lomasney J, Cotecchia S, Lorenz W, Leung W, Schwinn D, Yang Feng T, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNA for the alpha 1A-adrenergic receptor. The gene for which is located on human chromosome 5. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:6365-9 pubmed..The deduced amino acid sequence of clone RA42 encodes a protein of 560 amino acids whose putative topology is similar to that of the family of G-protein-coupled ..
- BÃ³ta J, Hajagos TÃ³th J, Ducza E, Samavati R, Borsodi A, Benyhe S, et al. The effects of female sexual hormones on the expression and function of Î±1A- and Î±1D-adrenoceptor subtypes in the late-pregnant rat myometrium. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;769:177-84 pubmed publisher..Progesterone pretreatment does not have any effect on the myometrial mRNA and protein expressions of the Î±1-adrenoceptors, but it alters the G protein coupling of these receptors, promoting a Gi-dependent pathway. ..
- Saini A, Al Shanti N, Stewart C. C2 skeletal myoblast survival, death, proliferation and differentiation: regulation by Adra1d. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2010;25:253-62 pubmed publisher..Our aim was to investigate these conflicting roles of IGF-I in our model. Insulin array and qRT-PCR identified Adra1d as a potential regulatory gene that was up-regulated in survival and down-regulated under apoptotic conditions...
- Zhao X, Zhang Y, Leander M, Li L, Wang G, Emmett N. Altered expression profile of renal ?(1D)-adrenergic receptor in diabetes and its modulation by PPAR agonists. J Diabetes Res. 2014;2014:725634 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results show that ?(1D)-AR expression is upregulated in the diabetic kidneys. PPAR activation suppressed renal expression of ?(1D)-AR in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Chen L, Hodges R, Funaki C, Zoukhri D, Gaivin R, Perez D, et al. Effects of alpha1D-adrenergic receptors on shedding of biologically active EGF in freshly isolated lacrimal gland epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2006;291:C946-56 pubmed
- Lázaro Suárez M, Gómez Zamudio J, Delgado Buenrostro N, Tanoue A, Tsujimoto G, Villalobos Molina R. Angiotensin II modifies the expression of ?(1)-adrenoceptors in aorta smooth muscle cells of ?(1D)-adrenoceptor knockout mice. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2011;31:57-63 pubmed publisher..6 The effect of Ang II on ?(1B)-AR mRNA seems to be influenced by the absence of ?(1D)-AR in aortic smooth muscle cells, which might be important to understand the interactions among ?(1)-ARs. ..
- Ishida H, Yamauchi H, Ito H, Akino H, Yokoyama O. ?1D-Adrenoceptor blockade increases voiding efficiency by improving external urethral sphincter activity in rats with spinal cord injury. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2016;311:R971-R978 pubmed publisher..05 each). Silodosin did not affect any parameters. These results suggest that ?-blockade reduces the urethral resistance associated with detrusor-sphincter dyssynergia, thus improving voiding efficiency in SCI rats. ..
- Dmitrieva N, Zhang G, Nagabukuro H. Increased alpha1D adrenergic receptor activity and protein expression in the urinary bladder of aged rats. World J Urol. 2008;26:649-55 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that influence of adrenergic activity on bladder contractility increases with aging is due to overexpression of the AR1D. Influence of adrenergic activity on the urothelial function may also be enhanced with aging. ..
- Novakova M, Myslivecek J. Identification of all alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes in rat lung. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2005;24:349-53 pubmed..We identified three subpopulations of alpha1-adrenoceptor binding sites in the rat lung (alpha1A, alpha1B and alpha1D). ..
- Dartt D, Hodges R. Interaction of alpha1D-adrenergic and P2X(7) receptors in the rat lacrimal gland and the effect on intracellular [Ca2+] and protein secretion. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:5720-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, ?(1D)-AR compared with P2X(7) receptors use different cellular mechanisms to increase [Ca(2+)](i) and cause protein secretion. ..
- Drummond P, Dawson L, Finch P, Drummond E, Wood F, Fear M. Up-regulation of cutaneous Î±1-adrenoceptors after a burn. Burns. 2015;41:1227-34 pubmed publisher..The heightened expression of Î±1-adrenoceptors in injured tissue could shape inflammatory and wound healing responses. ..
- Kikuchi Utsumi K, Ishizaka M, Matsumura N, Watabe M, Aoyama K, Sasakawa N, et al. Involvement of the ?(1D)-adrenergic receptor in methamphetamine-induced hyperthermia and neurotoxicity in rats. Neurotox Res. 2013;24:130-8 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the ?(1D)-AR is involved in METH-induced hyperthermia and neurotoxicity in rats. ..
- Pupo A, Minneman K. Interaction of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes in transfected HEK-293 cells. BMC Pharmacol. 2002;2:17 pubmed..These results show that nNOS does interact with full-length alpha1A-ARs, but that this interaction is not subtype-specific and does not require the C-terminal tail, raising questions about its functional significance. ..