Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adra1b
Description: adrenoceptor alpha 1B
Alias: alpha-1B adrenergic receptor, Adrenergic alpha 1B- receptor, adrenergic receptor, alpha 1b, adrenergic, alpha-1B-, receptor, alpha-1B adrenoceptor, alpha-1B adrenoreceptor
- Campos M, Morais P, Pupo A. Effects of castration and of testosterone replacement on alpha(1)-adrenoceptor subtypes in the rat vas deferens. Eur J Pharmacol. 2003;471:149-55 pubmed..The results suggest that alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors are detectable in vas deferens from at least the 7th through the 30th day after castration and that testosterone prevents this plasticity. ..
- Cavalli A, Lattion A, Hummler E, Nenniger M, Pedrazzini T, Aubert J, et al. Decreased blood pressure response in mice deficient of the alpha1b-adrenergic receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:11589-94 pubmed
- Spreng M, Cotecchia S, Schenk F. A behavioral study of alpha-1b adrenergic receptor knockout mice: increased reaction to novelty and selectively reduced learning capacities. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2001;75:214-29 pubmed..The lack of alpha-1b adrenergic receptors in spatial orientation does not seem important in cue-rich tasks but may interfere with orientation in situations providing distant cues only. ..
- Hague C, Uberti M, Chen Z, Hall R, Minneman K. Cell surface expression of alpha1D-adrenergic receptors is controlled by heterodimerization with alpha1B-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15541-9 pubmed..These observations may be relevant to many other Class I G protein-coupled receptors, where the functional consequences of heterodimerization are still poorly understood. ..
- Lindblom J, Petrovska R, Hallberg M, Magnusson K, Nyberg F, Uhlen S. Nandrolone treatment decreases the alpha1B-adrenoceptor mRNA level in rat kidney, but not the density of alpha1B-adrenoceptors in cultured MDCK-D1 kidney cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2005;527:157-62 pubmed..It is concluded that the regulation of alpha1B-adrenoceptor expression by anabolic androgenic steroids is intricate and cell-type specific. ..
- Manni L, Holmang A, Lundeberg T, Aloe L, Stener Victorin E. Ovarian expression of alpha (1)- and beta (2)-adrenoceptors and p75 neurotrophin receptors in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries. Auton Neurosci. 2005;118:79-87 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that therapeutical approaches aimed at down-regulating the sympathetic tone to the ovary could be useful in the prevention and clinical treatment of PCOS. ..
- Casas González P, Ruiz Martínez A, García Sáinz J. Lysophosphatidic acid induces alpha1B-adrenergic receptor phosphorylation through G beta gamma, phosphoinositide 3-kinase, protein kinase C and epidermal growth factor receptor transactivation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1633:75-83 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of a role of EGF receptor transactivation in the phosphorylation of a G protein-coupled receptor. ..
- Wright C, Wu S, Dahl E, Sazama A, O Connell T. Nuclear localization drives ?1-adrenergic receptor oligomerization and signaling in cardiac myocytes. Cell Signal. 2012;24:794-802 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that ?1-AR nuclear localization can drive the formation of receptor oligomers and regulate signaling in adult cardiac myocytes. ..
- Hye Khan M, Sattar M, Abdullah N, Johns E. Influence of combined hypertension and renal failure on functional alpha(1)-adrenoceptor subtypes in the rat kidney. Br J Pharmacol. 2008;153:1232-41 pubmed publisher..In the RFSHR, other alpha(1)-adrenoceptor subtypes, for example, alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors appeared to play a greater role. ..
- Battaglia G, Fornai F, Busceti C, Lembo G, Nicoletti F, De Blasi A. Alpha-1B adrenergic receptor knockout mice are protected against methamphetamine toxicity. J Neurochem. 2003;86:413-21 pubmed..Pharmacological blockade of alpha-adrenergic receptors with prazosin also protected wild-type mice against MA toxicity. These results suggests that alpha1b-ARs may play a role in the toxicity of MA on nigro-striatal DA neurons. ..
- Turnbull L, McCloskey D, O Connell T, Simpson P, Baker A. Alpha 1-adrenergic receptor responses in alpha 1AB-AR knockout mouse hearts suggest the presence of alpha 1D-AR. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H1104-9 pubmed..Furthermore, alpha(1)-AR inotropic responses depend critically on the experimental conditions. ..
- Novakova M, Myslivecek J. Identification of all alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes in rat lung. Gen Physiol Biophys. 2005;24:349-53 pubmed..We identified three subpopulations of alpha1-adrenoceptor binding sites in the rat lung (alpha1A, alpha1B and alpha1D). ..
- Patrão M, Queiroz D, Grossman G, Petrusz P, Lázari M, Avellar M. Cloning, expression and immunolocalization of alpha1-adrenoceptor in different tissues from rhesus monkey and human male reproductive tract. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008;14:85-96 pubmed publisher..Partial nucleotide sequences for rhesus alpha(1B)-(ADRA1B) and alpha(1D)-adrenoceptor (ADRA1D) transcripts were also characterized...
- Zhang H, Cotecchia S, Thomas S, Tanoue A, Tsujimoto G, Faber J. Gene deletion of dopamine beta-hydroxylase and alpha1-adrenoceptors demonstrates involvement of catecholamines in vascular remodeling. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H2106-14 pubmed..These studies suggest that the trophic effects of catecholamines are mediated primarily by alpha1B-ARs in mouse carotid and contribute to hypertrophic growth after vascular injury. ..
- Burcelin R, Uldry M, Foretz M, Perrin C, Dacosta A, Nenniger Tosato M, et al. Impaired glucose homeostasis in mice lacking the alpha1b-adrenergic receptor subtype. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:1108-15 pubmed
- Piascik M, Perez D. Alpha1-adrenergic receptors: new insights and directions. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:403-10 pubmed..We also review the signaling components and aspects of its function and provide new insights into its roles in smooth muscle, growth, neurological, and cardiovascular function. ..
- Tripathi A, Vana P, Chavan T, Brueggemann L, Byron K, Tarasova N, et al. Heteromerization of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 with ?1A/B-adrenergic receptors controls ?1-adrenergic receptor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1659-68 pubmed publisher..Compounds targeting the ?1A/B-AR:CXCR4 interaction could provide an alternative pharmacological approach to modulate blood pressure. ..
- Lomasney J, Cotecchia S, Lorenz W, Leung W, Schwinn D, Yang Feng T, et al. Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNA for the alpha 1A-adrenergic receptor. The gene for which is located on human chromosome 5. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:6365-9 pubmed..This study provides definitive evidence for the existence of three alpha 1-adrenergic receptor subtypes. ..
- O Uchi J, Sasaki H, Morimoto S, Kusakari Y, Shinji H, Obata T, et al. Interaction of alpha1-adrenoceptor subtypes with different G proteins induces opposite effects on cardiac L-type Ca2+ channel. Circ Res. 2008;102:1378-88 pubmed publisher..In contrast, alpha(1B)-adrenoceptor interacts with G(o), of which the betagamma-complex might directly inhibit the channel activity at T-tubules...
- Gonzalez S, Moreno Delgado D, Moreno E, Pérez Capote K, Franco R, Mallol J, et al. Circadian-related heteromerization of adrenergic and dopamine D? receptors modulates melatonin synthesis and release in the pineal gland. PLoS Biol. 2012;10:e1001347 pubmed publisher..The unanticipated heteromerization between adrenergic and dopamine D? receptors provides a feedback mechanism for the neuronal hormone system in the form of dopamine to control circadian inputs...
- Voigt M, Kispert J, Chin H. Sequence of a rat brain cDNA encoding an alpha-1B adrenergic receptor. Nucleic Acids Res. 1990;18:1053 pubmed
- Pupo A, Minneman K. Interaction of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes in transfected HEK-293 cells. BMC Pharmacol. 2002;2:17 pubmed..These results show that nNOS does interact with full-length alpha1A-ARs, but that this interaction is not subtype-specific and does not require the C-terminal tail, raising questions about its functional significance. ..
- García Sáinz J, Casas González P, Romero Avila M, Gonzalez Espinosa C. Characterization of the hepatic alpha 1B-adrenoceptors of rats, mice and hamsters. Life Sci. 1994;54:1995-2003 pubmed..Total RNA obtained from the liver of these species hybridized with the alpha 1B-adrenergic cDNA probe. The data suggest that these receptors correspond to the alpha 1B subtype. ..
- Castrejón Sosa M, Villalobos Molina R, Guinzberg R, Piña E. Adrenaline (via alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors) and ethanol stimulate OH* radical production in isolated rat hepatocytes. Life Sci. 2002;71:2469-74 pubmed..It is suggested that adrenaline increases hydroxyl radicals by an alpha(1B)-adrenoceptor-mediated mechanism, while ethanol does so by a receptor-independent mechanism. ..
- Xu Z, Hirasawa A, Shinoura H, Tsujimoto G. Interaction of the alpha(1B)-adrenergic receptor with gC1q-R, a multifunctional protein. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:21149-54 pubmed..These observations suggest a new role for the previously identified complement regulatory molecule, gC1q-R, in regulating the cellular localization and expression of the alpha(1B)-adrenergic receptors. ..
- Drummond P, Dawson L, Finch P, Drummond E, Wood F, Fear M. Up-regulation of cutaneous Î±1-adrenoceptors after a burn. Burns. 2015;41:1227-34 pubmed publisher..The heightened expression of Î±1-adrenoceptors in injured tissue could shape inflammatory and wound healing responses. ..
- Pérez Rivera A, Fink G, Galligan J. Alpha-1B adrenoceptors mediate neurogenic constriction in mesenteric arteries of normotensive and DOCA-salt hypertensive mice. Auton Neurosci. 2005;121:64-73 pubmed..Nerve-released NE acts primarily at alpha1B-and to a lesser extent at alpha1A-ARs in SHAM arteries whereas NE mediates neurogenic constrictions in DOCA-salt arteries by acting at alpha1B-ARs. ..
- Itoh M, Ishizuka B. alpha1-Adrenergic receptor in rat ovary: presence and localization. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2005;240:58-63 pubmed..Furthermore, we found that alpha(1)-AR is present in oocyte of large antral follicle, suggesting that noradrenaline acts on oocyte via this receptor. ..
- O Connell T, Ishizaka S, Nakamura A, Swigart P, Rodrigo M, Simpson G, et al. The alpha(1A/C)- and alpha(1B)-adrenergic receptors are required for physiological cardiac hypertrophy in the double-knockout mouse. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1783-91 pubmed..Thus, alpha(1)-ARs in male mice are required for the physiological hypertrophy of normal postnatal cardiac development and for an adaptive response to cardiac stress. ..
- Kang S, Kim D, Damron D, Baek K, Im M. Modulation of intracellular Ca(2+) via alpha(1B)-adrenoreceptor signaling molecules, G alpha(h) (transglutaminase II) and phospholipase C-delta 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:383-90 pubmed
- Kanasaki M, Matsubara H, Murasawa S, Masaki H, Nio Y, Inada M. cAMP responsive element-mediated regulation of the gene transcription of the alpha 1B adrenergic receptor by thyrotropin. J Clin Invest. 1994;94:2245-54 pubmedTo elucidate the molecular mechanism of the stimulatory effect of thyrotropin on the gene regulation of alpha 1B adrenergic receptor in functioning rat thyroid (FRTL-5) cells, we established a competitive reverse-transcriptase (RT) ..
- Ahmad A, Sattar M, Khan S, Abdullah N, Johns E, Afzal S. INCREASED OXIDATIVE STRESS AND DOWN REGULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL NITRIC OXIDE SYNTHASE (ENOS) IN THE KIDNEY ATTEN- UATE THE RESPONSIVENESS OF (XlB ADRENERGIC RECEPTORS IN THE KIDNEY OF RATS WITH LEFT VENTRICULAR HYPERTROPHY. Acta Pol Pharm. 2017;74:413-423 pubmed..The renal vasoconstrictor responses to adrenergic agonist are blunted in LVH and (Î±IB adrenergic receptor is functional subtype in renal vasculature in LVH. ..
- Liu T, Ding T, Ma Y, Wei W. Selective Î±1B- and Î±1D-adrenoceptor antagonists suppress noradrenaline-induced activation, proliferation and ECM secretion of rat hepatic stellate cells in vitro. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2014;35:1385-92 pubmed publisher..NA promotes HSC-T6 cell activation, proliferation and secretion of ECM in vitro via activation of GÎ±-coupled Î±1B-AR and Î±1D-AR and the PKC-PI3K-AKT signaling pathway. ..
- Gao B, Kunos G. Isolation and characterization of the gene encoding the rat alpha 1B adrenergic receptor. Gene. 1993;131:243-7 pubmedUsing a rat alpha 1B adrenergic receptor(AR)-encoding cDNA probe, we isolated two genomic clones from a rat liver genomic DNA library...
- Quesada A, Etgen A. Functional interactions between estrogen and insulin-like growth factor-I in the regulation of alpha 1B-adrenoceptors and female reproductive function. J Neurosci. 2002;22:2401-8 pubmed..These events may help coordinate the timing of ovulation with the expression of sexual receptivity. ..
- Cahová M, Palenickova E, Papackova Z, Dankova H, Skop V, Kazdova L. Epinephrine-dependent control of glucose metabolism in white adipose tissue: the role of ?- and ?-adrenergic signalling. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:211-8 pubmed publisher..The impairment of ?(1)-dependent, epinephrine-stimulated, glycolysis-dependent FFA esterification may contribute to the establishment of dyslipidemia in insulin resistance...
- Bruchas M, Toews M, Bockman C, Abel P. Characterization of the alpha1-adrenoceptor subtype activating extracellular signal-regulated kinase in submandibular gland acinar cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;578:349-58 pubmed..These results show only alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors activate ERK1/2 and suggest subtype-specific ERK1/2 signaling by alpha(1B)-adrenoceptors may be determined by localization to cholesterol-rich microdomains in submandibular cells. ..