Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adra1a
Description: adrenoceptor alpha 1A
Alias: Adra1c, alpha-1A adrenergic receptor, adrenergic alpha 1c receptor, adrenergic receptor alpha 1c subtype, adrenergic receptor, alpha 1a, adrenergic receptor, alpha 1c, adrenergic, alpha-1A-, receptor, alpha-1A adrenoceptor, alpha-1A adrenoreceptor, alpha-1C adrenergic receptor
- Abdulla M, Sattar M, Johns E, Abdullah N, Khan M. Evidence for the role of ?1A-adrenoceptor subtype in the control of renal haemodynamics in fructose-fed Sprague-Dawley rat. Eur J Nutr. 2011;50:689-97 pubmed publisher..The ?1A-adrenoceptor subtype is the functional subtype that mediates renal cortical vasoconstriction in control rats, and this contribution becomes higher due to fructose feeding. ..
- Turnbull L, McCloskey D, O Connell T, Simpson P, Baker A. Alpha 1-adrenergic receptor responses in alpha 1AB-AR knockout mouse hearts suggest the presence of alpha 1D-AR. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2003;284:H1104-9 pubmed..Furthermore, alpha(1)-AR inotropic responses depend critically on the experimental conditions. ..
- Pupo A, Minneman K. Interaction of neuronal nitric oxide synthase with alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes in transfected HEK-293 cells. BMC Pharmacol. 2002;2:17 pubmed..These results show that nNOS does interact with full-length alpha1A-ARs, but that this interaction is not subtype-specific and does not require the C-terminal tail, raising questions about its functional significance. ..
- Ogata T, Ueyama T, Isodono K, Tagawa M, Takehara N, Kawashima T, et al. MURC, a muscle-restricted coiled-coil protein that modulates the Rho/ROCK pathway, induces cardiac dysfunction and conduction disturbance. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3424-36 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that MURC modulates RhoA signaling and that MURC plays an important role in the development of cardiac dysfunction and conduction disturbance with increased vulnerability to atrial arrhythmias. ..
- Nalepa I, Kreiner G, Kowalska M, Sanak M, Zelek Molik A, Vetulani J. Repeated imipramine and electroconvulsive shock increase alpha 1A-adrenoceptor mRNA level in rat prefrontal cortex. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;444:151-9 pubmed..The results suggest that the alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor subtype is specifically involved in the mechanism of action of classical antidepressant treatments. ..
- Tatemichi S, Akiyama K, Kobayashi M, Yamazaki Y, Yokoyama O, Uruno T. A selective alpha1A-adrenoceptor antagonist inhibits detrusor overactivity in a rat model of benign prostatic hyperplasia. J Urol. 2006;176:1236-41 pubmed..Furthermore, the alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor selective antagonist KMD-3213 would be suitable for improving irritative symptoms in patients with benign prostatic hyperplasia. ..
- Hutchinson D, Bengtsson T. alpha1A-adrenoceptors activate glucose uptake in L6 muscle cells through a phospholipase C-, phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase-, and atypical protein kinase C-dependent pathway. Endocrinology. 2005;146:901-12 pubmed..This study demonstrates that alpha1-adrenoceptors mediate increases in glucose uptake in L6 muscle cells. This effect appears to be related to activation of phospholipase C, phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, p38 kinase, and PKC. ..
- Sattar M, Abdullah N, Khan M, Johns E. Alpha1A- and alpha1D-adrenoceptors are the major functional subtypes of renal alpha1-adrenoceptors in streptozotocin-induced diabetic and normal Sprague-Dawley rats. Auton Autacoid Pharmacol. 2008;28:1-10 pubmed publisher..A possible minor contribution of prejunctional alpha-adrenoceptor subtype has also been suggested in either experimental group, particularly possible functional involvement of alpha(1B)-adrenoceptor subtypes in non-diabetic SD rats. ..
- Yanase H, Wang X, Momota Y, Nimura T, Kawatani M. The involvement of urothelial alpha1A adrenergic receptor in controlling the micturition reflex. Biomed Res. 2008;29:239-44 pubmed..Urothelial alpha1A receptors might modulate bladder afferent activity under pathophysiological conditions with augmented concentrations of NA in blood or urine. ..
- Stuchlik A, Vales K. Role of alpha1- and alpha2-adrenoceptors in the regulation of locomotion and spatial behavior in the active place avoidance task: a dose-response study. Neurosci Lett. 2008;433:235-40 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that antagonizing alpha-adrenoceptors with systemically administered drugs affects locomotor activity together with avoidance behavior and does not cause a purely cognitive deficit in the AAPA task. ..
- Hedo G, Lopez Garcia J. Alpha-1A adrenoceptors modulate potentiation of spinal nociceptive pathways in the rat spinal cord in vitro. Neuropharmacology. 2001;41:862-9 pubmed..These results show that noradrenaline has bi-directional modulatory effects on nociceptive reflexes and indicate that selective activation of alpha1A- but not alpha1B/D-adrenoceptors mediate potentiation of spinal nociceptive reflexes. ..
- Luo D, Gao J, Fan L, Tang Y, Zhang Y, Han Q. Receptor subtype involved in alpha 1-adrenergic receptor-mediated Ca2+ signaling in cardiomyocytes. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2007;28:968-74 pubmed..These results indicate that alpha 1-adrenergic stimulation of intracellular Ca2+ activity is mediated selectively by the alpha 1A-AR. ..
- Khan K, Drescher M, Hatfield J, Ramakrishnan N, Drescher D. Immunohistochemical localization of adrenergic receptors in the rat organ of corti and spiral ganglion. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:3000-12 pubmed..Overall, adrenergic modulation of neural/supporting cell function within the organ of Corti represents a newly considered mechanism for modifying afferent signaling. ..
- Ducza E, Gaspar R, Mihalyi A, Kormanyos Z, Falkay G. The roles of the alpha1-adrenergic receptor subtypes in rat embryonic implantation. Fertil Steril. 2009;91:1224-9 pubmed publisher..The number of implantation sites was decreased ( approximately 75%) in the alpha(1A)-AR knock-down transformed rats. We assume that the alpha(1A)-AR predominance plays a crucial role in embryonic implantation in the rat. ..
- Segura V, Flacco N, Oliver E, Barettino D, D Ocón P, Ivorra M. Alpha1-adrenoceptors in the rat cerebral cortex: new insights into the characterization of alpha1L- and alpha1D-adrenoceptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010;641:41-8 pubmed publisher..The fact that the alpha(1L)-adrenoceptor detected in radioligand binding studies disappeared in the presence of GppNHp implies that it represents a conformational state of the alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor coupled to G-protein. ..
- Ulu N, Gurdal H, Landheer S, Duin M, Guc M, Buikema H, et al. ?1-Adrenoceptor-mediated contraction of rat aorta is partly mediated via transactivation of the epidermal growth factor receptor. Br J Pharmacol. 2010;161:1301-10 pubmed publisher..Contractions of rat thoracic aorta mediated by ?(1) -adrenoceptors involved transactivation of EGFR, mediated via a PI3K and ERK1/2 dependent pathway. ..
- Lee D, Robeva A, Chen Z, Minneman K. Mutational uncoupling of alpha1A-adrenergic receptors from G proteins also uncouples mitogenic and transcriptional responses in PC12 cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2003;306:471-7 pubmed..Overexpression of Galpha16 did not rescue any of these responses. These data suggest that known second messenger, mitogenic, and transcriptional effects of alpha1A-adrenergic receptors in PC12 cells all require G protein activation. ..
- Alonso Llamazares A, Zamanillo D, Fernandez A, Chinchetru M, Calvo P. Differential expression of the alpha 1c adrenergic receptor subtype in rat tissues. Neuroreport. 1993;4:1266-8 pubmed..chain reaction techniques, a cDNA fragment corresponding to the third intracellular domain of the alpha 1c adrenergic receptor subtype...
- Manni L, Holmang A, Lundeberg T, Aloe L, Stener Victorin E. Ovarian expression of alpha (1)- and beta (2)-adrenoceptors and p75 neurotrophin receptors in rats with steroid-induced polycystic ovaries. Auton Neurosci. 2005;118:79-87 pubmed..Overall, our findings suggest that therapeutical approaches aimed at down-regulating the sympathetic tone to the ovary could be useful in the prevention and clinical treatment of PCOS. ..
- Mohl M, Iismaa S, Xiao X, Friedrich O, Wagner S, Nikolova Krstevski V, et al. Regulation of murine cardiac contractility by activation of ?(1A)-adrenergic receptor-operated Ca(2+) entry. Cardiovasc Res. 2011;91:310-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that Ca(2+) entry via the ?(1A)-AR-Snapin-TRPC6-pathway plays an important role in physiological regulation of cardiac contractility and may be an important target for augmenting cardiac performance. ..
- Khan M, Sattar M, Abdullah N, Abdulla M, Salman I, Kazi R, et al. Functional subtypes of renal alpha1-adrenoceptor in spontaneously hypertensive rats with streptozotocin-induced experimental diabetic nephropathy. Kidney Blood Press Res. 2009;32:349-59 pubmed publisher..However, there was a minor contribution of pre-synaptic alpha-adrenoceptors to the adrenergically mediated vasoconstrictor responses in the diabetic nephropathy SHR. ..
- Cheng Z, Zhu Q, Dee R, Opheim Z, Mack C, Cyr D, et al. Focal Adhesion Kinase-mediated Phosphorylation of Beclin1 Protein Suppresses Cardiomyocyte Autophagy and Initiates Hypertrophic Growth. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2065-2079 pubmed publisher..This novel mechanism to limit Beclin1 activity has important implications for treating a variety of pathologies associated with altered autophagic flux. ..
- Mihalyi A, Ducza E, Gaspar R, Falkay G. Investigation of the role of the serotonergic activity of certain subtype-selective alpha1A antagonists in the relaxant effect on the pregnant rat uterus in vitro. Mol Hum Reprod. 2003;9:475-80 pubmed..It is proposed that novel alpha(1A) antagonists should be designed with no 5-HT(1A) activity to achieve maximal relaxant effect. ..
- Dawson L, Phillips J, Finch P, Inglis J, Drummond P. Expression of ?1-adrenoceptors on peripheral nociceptive neurons. Neuroscience. 2011;175:300-14 pubmed publisher..This may help to explain the mechanism of sensory-sympathetic coupling that sometimes develops on surviving primary nociceptive afferents in neuropathic pain states. ..
- Braga M, Aroniadou Anderjaska V, Manion S, Hough C, Li H. Stress impairs alpha(1A) adrenoceptor-mediated noradrenergic facilitation of GABAergic transmission in the basolateral amygdala. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2004;29:45-58 pubmed
- Chung J, Kim J, Yoon H, Song S, Kim S, Roh W. Moderate hypothermia attenuates ?(1)-adrenoceptor-mediated contraction in isolated rat aorta: the role of the endothelium. Cryobiology. 2012;65:33-40 pubmed publisher..In contrast, EDHF may not be associated with hypothermia-induced vasorelaxation. ..
- Villalobos Molina R, Gallardo Ortiz I, López Guerrero J, Ibarra M. Evidence that NAN-190-induced hypotension involves vascular alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonism in the rat. Eur J Pharmacol. 2002;455:59-64 pubmed..The results show that NAN-190 induced hypotension in the anaesthetized, adult rat and suggest that this effect could be explained by antagonism of vascular alpha(1)-adrenoceptors. ..
- Rokosh D, Simpson P. Knockout of the alpha 1A/C-adrenergic receptor subtype: the alpha 1A/C is expressed in resistance arteries and is required to maintain arterial blood pressure. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9474-9 pubmed..We conclude that the alpha 1A/C-AR subtype is a vasopressor expressed in resistance arteries and is required for normal arterial blood pressure regulation. alpha 1A/C-selective antagonists might be desirable antihypertensive agents. ..
- Meisner J, Waldron J, Sawynok J. Alpha1-adrenergic receptors augment P2X3 receptor-mediated nociceptive responses in the uninjured state. J Pain. 2007;8:556-62 pubmed..Observations are potentially relevant to chronic pain conditions in which sympathetic nerves influence sensory nerves. ..
- Hillman K, Doze V, Porter J. Alpha1A-adrenergic receptors are functionally expressed by a subpopulation of cornu ammonis 1 interneurons in rat hippocampus. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2007;321:1062-8 pubmed..Together, our results provide strong evidence to support functional expression of alpha(1A)ARs in a subpopulation of CA1 interneurons. ..
- Wright C, Wu S, Dahl E, Sazama A, O Connell T. Nuclear localization drives ?1-adrenergic receptor oligomerization and signaling in cardiac myocytes. Cell Signal. 2012;24:794-802 pubmed publisher..In summary, our data indicate that ?1-AR nuclear localization can drive the formation of receptor oligomers and regulate signaling in adult cardiac myocytes. ..
- Scheiderer C, Smith C, McCutchen E, MCCOY P, Thacker E, Kolasa K, et al. Coactivation of M(1) muscarinic and alpha1 adrenergic receptors stimulates extracellular signal-regulated protein kinase and induces long-term depression at CA3-CA1 synapses in rat hippocampus. J Neurosci. 2008;28:5350-8 pubmed publisher
- Kreiner G, Zelek Molik A, Kowalska M, Bielawski A, Antkiewicz Michaluk L, Nalepa I. Effects of the noradrenergic neurotoxin DSP-4 on the expression of Î±1-adrenoceptor subtypes after antidepressant treatment. Pharmacol Rep. 2011;63:1349-58 pubmed
- BÃ³ta J, Hajagos TÃ³th J, Ducza E, Samavati R, Borsodi A, Benyhe S, et al. The effects of female sexual hormones on the expression and function of Î±1A- and Î±1D-adrenoceptor subtypes in the late-pregnant rat myometrium. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015;769:177-84 pubmed publisher..Progesterone pretreatment does not have any effect on the myometrial mRNA and protein expressions of the Î±1-adrenoceptors, but it alters the G protein coupling of these receptors, promoting a Gi-dependent pathway. ..
- Laz T, Forray C, Smith K, Bard J, Vaysse P, Branchek T, et al. The rat homologue of the bovine alpha 1c-adrenergic receptor shows the pharmacological properties of the classical alpha 1A subtype. Mol Pharmacol. 1994;46:414-22 pubmed..Our data suggest that the rat alpha 1c-AR cDNA encodes an alpha 1-AR with the pharmacological properties previously defined for the alpha 1A subtype found in tissues. ..
- Huxtable A, MacFarlane P, Vinit S, Nichols N, Dale E, Mitchell G. Adrenergic ?? receptor activation is sufficient, but not necessary for phrenic long-term facilitation. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2014;116:1345-52 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Gq protein-coupled ?1 adrenergic receptors evoke pMF, but they are not necessary for AIH-induced pLTF. ..
- Drummond P, Dawson L, Finch P, Drummond E, Wood F, Fear M. Up-regulation of cutaneous Î±1-adrenoceptors after a burn. Burns. 2015;41:1227-34 pubmed publisher..The heightened expression of Î±1-adrenoceptors in injured tissue could shape inflammatory and wound healing responses. ..
- Velásquez Martinez M, Vázquez Torres R, Jiménez Rivera C. Activation of alpha1-adrenoceptors enhances glutamate release onto ventral tegmental area dopamine cells. Neuroscience. 2012;216:18-30 pubmed publisher..It is suggested that drug-induced changes in ?1-AR could be part of the neuroadaptations occurring in the mesocorticolimbic circuitry during the addiction process. ..
- Rokosh D, Bailey B, Stewart A, Karns L, Long C, Simpson P. Distribution of alpha 1C-adrenergic receptor mRNA in adult rat tissues by RNase protection assay and comparison with alpha 1B and alpha 1D. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1994;200:1177-84 pubmed..Although many tissues contain all three alpha 1-AR mRNAs, distinct tissue-specific expression is evident. ..
- Cheng H, Ma K, Li L, Zhao L, Wang Y, Si J. Differential expression of alpha-adrenoceptor subtypes in rat dorsal root ganglion after chronic constriction injury. J Huazhong Univ Sci Technolog Med Sci. 2014;34:322-329 pubmed publisher..The up-regulation of ?-AR subtypes in DRG neurons may play an important role in the process of generating and transmitting neuropathic pain. ..
- Bach H, Wong Y, Tripathi A, Nevins A, Gamelli R, Volkman B, et al. Chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 and atypical chemokine receptor 3 regulate vascular ??-adrenergic receptor function. Mol Med. 2014;20:435-47 pubmed publisher..Our observations point toward CXCR4 and ACKR3 as new pharmacological targets to control vasoreactivity and blood pressure. ..
- Xiao L, Scofield M, Jeffries W. Molecular cloning, expression and characterization of cDNA encoding a mouse alpha1a-adrenoceptor. Br J Pharmacol. 1998;124:213-21 pubmed..This response to NA could be reversed by pretreatment of the transfected cells with prazosin. 5. Based on the above evidence, we concluded that the cloned cDNA is that of the mouse alpha1a-adrenoceptor. ..
- Alves F, Crestani C, Resstel L, Correa F. Both ?1- and ?2-adrenoceptors in the insular cortex are involved in the cardiovascular responses to acute restraint stress in rats. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e83900 pubmed publisher..Moreover, IC ?1-adrenoceptors also play a facilitatory role on restraint-evoked tachycardiac response. ..
- Tripathi A, Vana P, Chavan T, Brueggemann L, Byron K, Tarasova N, et al. Heteromerization of chemokine (C-X-C motif) receptor 4 with ?1A/B-adrenergic receptors controls ?1-adrenergic receptor function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:E1659-68 pubmed publisher..Compounds targeting the ?1A/B-AR:CXCR4 interaction could provide an alternative pharmacological approach to modulate blood pressure. ..
- Tong Y, Liu I, Cheng J. Alteration of alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor gene expression in the prostate of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats. Pharmacology. 2003;68:115-20 pubmed..In conclusion, the gene expression of alpha(1A)-AR is increased in the prostate of diabetic rats. Hyperglycemia plays a major role in this alteration. ..
- Gallego M, Setién R, Puebla L, Boyano Adánez M, Arilla E, Casis O. alpha1-Adrenoceptors stimulate a Galphas protein and reduce the transient outward K+ current via a cAMP/PKA-mediated pathway in the rat heart. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C577-85 pubmed..We conclude that alpha(1)-adrenoceptor stimulation reduces the amplitude of the I(to) by activating a G(alphas) protein and the cAMP/PKA signaling cascade, which in turn leads to I(to) channel phosphorylation. ..
- Novielli N, Al Khazraji B, Medeiros P, Goldman D, Jackson D. Pre-diabetes augments neuropeptide Y1- and ?1-receptor control of basal hindlimb vascular tone in young ZDF rats. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e46659 pubmed publisher..Thus, we investigated if pre-diabetes modifies baseline sympathetic Y(1)-receptor (Y(1)R) and ?(1)-receptor (?(1)R) control of hindlimb blood flow (Q(fem)) and vascular conductance (VC)...
- Kamata K, Satoh T, Matsumoto T, Noguchi E, Taguchi K, Kobayashi T, et al. Enhancement of methoxamine-induced contractile responses of rat ventricular muscle in streptozotocin-induced diabetes is associated with alpha1A adrenoceptor upregulation. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2006;188:173-83 pubmed
- Ikeda Kurosawa C, Higashio H, Nakano M, Okubo M, Satoh Y, Kurosaka D, et al. Î±1-Adrenoceptors relate Ca(2+) modulation and protein secretions in rat lacrimal gland. Biomed Res. 2015;36:357-69 pubmed publisher..These findings indicated that NA activates Î±1-adrenoceptors, which were found to be the main receptors in Ca(2+)-related cell homeostasis and protein (including mucin) secretion in lacrimal glands. ..
- Mori A, Hanada M, Sakamoto K, Nakahara T, Ishii K. Noradrenaline contracts rat retinal arterioles via stimulation of ?(1A)- and ?(1D)-adrenoceptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2011;673:65-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, it is likely that the ??-adrenoceptor subtype(s) involved in rat vascular responses are similar in both retinal and peripheral circulation. ..
- Rommelfanger K, Mitrano D, Smith Y, Weinshenker D. Light and electron microscopic localization of alpha-1 adrenergic receptor immunoreactivity in the rat striatum and ventral midbrain. Neuroscience. 2009;158:1530-40 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the facilitation of dopaminergic transmission by alpha1ARs in the mesostriatal system is probably achieved primarily by pre-synaptic regulation of glutamate and GABA release. ..
- Hague C, Uberti M, Chen Z, Hall R, Minneman K. Cell surface expression of alpha1D-adrenergic receptors is controlled by heterodimerization with alpha1B-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15541-9 pubmed..These observations may be relevant to many other Class I G protein-coupled receptors, where the functional consequences of heterodimerization are still poorly understood. ..
- Lee Y, Ryu T, Park S, Yang E, Jeon B, Hur G, et al. Alpha1-adrenoceptors involvement in painful diabetic neuropathy: a role in allodynia. Neuroreport. 2000;11:1417-20 pubmed..These results suggest increased alpha1-adrenoceptors in the DRG may play a role in the pathogenesis of painful diabetic neuropathy. ..
- Appert Collin A, Cotecchia S, Nenniger Tosato M, Pedrazzini T, Diviani D. The A-kinase anchoring protein (AKAP)-Lbc-signaling complex mediates alpha1 adrenergic receptor-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:10140-5 pubmed..These findings identify AKAP-Lbc as the first Rho-guanine nucleotide exchange factor (GEF) involved in the signaling pathways leading to cardiomyocytes hypertrophy. ..
- Chen H, Mullett S, Stewart A. Vgl-4, a novel member of the vestigial-like family of transcription cofactors, regulates alpha1-adrenergic activation of gene expression in cardiac myocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30800-6 pubmed..Nuclear export of Vgl-4 is dependent on the nuclear exportin CRM-1. These results suggest that Vgl-4 modulates the activity of TEF-1 factors and counteracts alpha1-adrenergic activation of gene expression in cardiac myocytes. ..
- Wenzel K, Haase H, Wallukat G, Derer W, Bartel S, Homuth V, et al. Potential relevance of alpha(1)-adrenergic receptor autoantibodies in refractory hypertension. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e3742 pubmed publisher..Our data provide evidence for a potential clinical relevance for alpha(1)-AAB in hypertensive patients, and the notion of immunity as a possible cause of hypertension. ..
- Zou Z, Shi X, Lu Y, Xu Z, Shi D, Wang L, et al. [Role of alpha-adrenergic receptors in vascular hyperreactivity in rats with high level spinal injury]. Zhongguo Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2006;18:176-9 pubmed..Although alpha(1)-AR mRNA expression is higher in aorta of rat with spinal cord injury, vascular hyperreactivity is not the result of upregulation of alpha(1)-AR sensitivity. ..
- Patrão M, Queiroz D, Grossman G, Petrusz P, Lázari M, Avellar M. Cloning, expression and immunolocalization of alpha1-adrenoceptor in different tissues from rhesus monkey and human male reproductive tract. Mol Hum Reprod. 2008;14:85-96 pubmed publisherThis study reports the genomic organization of the rhesus alpha(1A)-adrenoceptor gene (ADRA1A)...
- Cahová M, Palenickova E, Papackova Z, Dankova H, Skop V, Kazdova L. Epinephrine-dependent control of glucose metabolism in white adipose tissue: the role of ?- and ?-adrenergic signalling. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2012;237:211-8 pubmed publisher..The impairment of ?(1)-dependent, epinephrine-stimulated, glycolysis-dependent FFA esterification may contribute to the establishment of dyslipidemia in insulin resistance...
- Yazaki J, Aikawa K, Shishido K, Yanagida T, Nomiya M, Ishibashi K, et al. Alpha1-adrenoceptor antagonists improve bladder storage function through reduction of afferent activity in rats with bladder outlet obstruction. Neurourol Urodyn. 2011;30:461-7 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that ?l-AR, particularly ?lA-AR, may play an important role in the activation of the afferent pathway. ..
- Hott S, Gomes F, Fabri D, Reis D, Crestani C, Correa F, et al. Both ?1- and ?1-adrenoceptors in the bed nucleus of the stria terminalis are involved in the expression of conditioned contextual fear. Br J Pharmacol. 2012;167:207-21 pubmed publisher..These findings support the idea that noradrenergic neurotransmission in the BNST via ?(1) - and ?(1) -adrenoceptors is involved in the expression of conditioned contextual fear. ..
- Zou M, Roy A, Zhao Q, Kirshenbaum L, Karmazyn M, Chidiac P. RGS2 is upregulated by and attenuates the hypertrophic effect of alpha1-adrenergic activation in cultured ventricular myocytes. Cell Signal. 2006;18:1655-63 pubmed
- Padlan E. Evaluation of the structural variation among light chain variable domains. Mol Immunol. 1979;16:287-96 pubmed
- Yan L, Tan X, Chen W, Zhu H, Cao J, Liu H. Enhanced vasoconstriction to ?1 adrenoceptor autoantibody in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Sci China Life Sci. 2014;57:681-9 pubmed publisher..The study suggests an important role of ?1-AR autoimmunity in the pathogenesis and management of hypertension especially in those harboring high ?1-AA levels. ..
- Passmore J, Rowell P, Joshua I, Porter J, Patel D, Falcone J. Alpha 1 adrenergic receptor control of renal blood vessels during aging. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2005;83:335-42 pubmed..Alpha 1 receptor-induced arterial constriction and prazosin binding were both down-regulated. The loss of receptor-initiated constriction likely includes down-regulation of maximum agonist binding by alpha 1 adrenergic receptors. ..