Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adora2b
Description: adenosine A2B receptor
Alias: adenosine receptor A2b
- Zhong H, Chunn J, Volmer J, Fozard J, Blackburn M. Adenosine-mediated mast cell degranulation in adenosine deaminase-deficient mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2001;298:433-40 pubmed
- Rosi S, McGann K, Hauss Wegrzyniak B, Wenk G. The influence of brain inflammation upon neuronal adenosine A2B receptors. J Neurochem. 2003;86:220-7 pubmed..The results suggest that a therapy using an NO-releasing NSAID might significantly attenuate the processes that drive the pathology associated with AD and that this process may involve the activation of adenosine A2B receptors. ..
- Grube K, Rüdebusch J, Xu Z, Böckenholt T, Methner C, Müller T, et al. Evidence for an intracellular localization of the adenosine A2B receptor in rat cardiomyocytes. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106:385-96 pubmed publisher..Because A(2B)AR signaling is thought to result in inhibition of mitochondrial transition pores, this convenient location may be important. ..
- Hayallah A, Sandoval Ramírez J, Reith U, Schobert U, Preiss B, Schumacher B, et al. 1,8-disubstituted xanthine derivatives: synthesis of potent A2B-selective adenosine receptor antagonists. J Med Chem. 2002;45:1500-10 pubmed..30-fold selectivity versus rat A1, and greater than 400-fold selectivity versus human A2A and A3 ARs. The new potent, selective, water-soluble A2B antagonists may be useful research tools for investigating A2B receptor function. ..
- Zou A, Nithipatikom K, Li P, Cowley A. Role of renal medullary adenosine in the control of blood flow and sodium excretion. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:R790-8 pubmed
- Nayak S, Khan M, Wan T, Pei H, Linden J, Dwinell M, et al. Characterization of Dahl salt-sensitive rats with genetic disruption of the A2B adenosine receptor gene: implications for A2B adenosine receptor signaling during hypertension. Purinergic Signal. 2015;11:519-31 pubmed publisher..We utilized zinc-finger nuclease technology to create A(2B)AR gene (Adora2b)-disrupted rats on the Dahl salt-sensitive (SS) genetic background...
- St Hilaire C, Yang D, Schreiber B, Ravid K. B-Myb regulates the A(2B) adenosine receptor in vascular smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1962-74 pubmed..Our data are novel in that they show that this proliferation-inhibiting A(2B)AR is itself an inducible receptor regulated by B-Myb. ..
- Dammen R, Damen R, Haugen M, Svejda B, Alaimo D, Brenna O, et al. The stimulatory adenosine receptor ADORA2B regulates serotonin (5-HT) synthesis and release in oxygen-depleted EC cells in inflammatory bowel disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e62607 pubmed publisher..of IBD, increases enterochromaffin (EC) cell 5-HT secretion, which is also physiologically regulated by the ADORA2B mechanoreceptor...
- Yamagata K, Hakata K, Maeda A, Mochizuki C, Matsufuji H, Chino M, et al. Adenosine induces expression of glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor (GDNF) in primary rat astrocytes. Neurosci Res. 2007;59:467-74 pubmed..This expression was attenuated in astrocytes of SHRSP compared with those of WKY. ..
- Busse H, Bitzinger D, Hocherl K, Seyfried T, Gruber M, Graf B, et al. Adenosine A2A and A2B Receptor Substantially Attenuate Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Septic rat Hearts. Cardiovasc Drugs Ther. 2016;30:551-558 pubmed..mRNA expression for the AdorA2a and AdorA2b was significantly increased in CLP, but not in SHAM hearts...
- Lasley R, Kristo G, Keith B, Mentzer R. The A2a/A2b receptor antagonist ZM-241385 blocks the cardioprotective effect of adenosine agonist pretreatment in in vivo rat myocardium. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2007;292:H426-31 pubmed
- Queiroz G, Quintas C, Talaia C, Goncalves J. Coupling to protein kinases A and C of adenosine A2B receptors involved in the facilitation of noradrenaline release in the prostatic portion of rat vas deferens. Neuropharmacology. 2004;47:216-24 pubmed
- Stehle J, Rivkees S, Lee J, Weaver D, Deeds J, Reppert S. Molecular cloning and expression of the cDNA for a novel A2-adenosine receptor subtype. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:384-93 pubmed..In situ hybridization studies of RFL9 mRNA showed no specific hybridization pattern in brain, but a hybridization signal was readily observed in the hypophyseal pars tuberalis. Thus, RFL9 encodes a novel A2-adenosine receptor subtype. ..
- Ham M, Mizumori M, Watanabe C, Wang J, Inoue T, Nakano T, et al. Endogenous luminal surface adenosine signaling regulates duodenal bicarbonate secretion in rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;335:607-13 pubmed publisher..Luminal ADO stimulates DBS via A(2B) receptors and CFTR. ATP release, ecto-phosphohydrolases, ADA, and concentrative NT may coordinately regulate luminal surface ADO concentration to modulate ADO-P1 receptor signaling in rat duodenum. ..
- Chen Y, Huang S, Wang S. Adenosine-stimulated adrenal steroidogenesis involves the adenosine A2A and A2B receptors and the Janus kinase 2-mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase-extracellular signal-regulated kinase signaling pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2008;40:2815-25 pubmed publisher..Based on its stimulatory effect on glucocorticoid production, adenosine is a potential candidate as anti-inflammatory agent. ..
- Wei Q, Costanzi S, Balasubramanian R, Gao Z, Jacobson K. A2B adenosine receptor blockade inhibits growth of prostate cancer cells. Purinergic Signal. 2013;9:271-80 pubmed publisher..The selective A2B AR antagonist PSB603 was shown to inhibit cell growth in all three cell lines. Thus, A2B AR blockade inhibits growth of prostate cancer cells, suggesting selective A2B AR antagonists as potential novel therapeutics. ..
- McKenna W, Wong Staal C, Kim G, Macias H, Hinck L, Bartoe J. Netrin-1-independent adenosine A2b receptor activation regulates the response of axons to netrin-1 by controlling cell surface levels of UNC5A receptors. J Neurochem. 2008;104:1081-90 pubmed..Our results demonstrate that netrin-1-independent A2bR signaling governs the responsiveness of a neuron to netrin-1 by regulating the levels of cell surface UNC5A receptor. ..
- Zhong H, Shlykov S, Molina J, Sanborn B, Jacobson M, Tilley S, et al. Activation of murine lung mast cells by the adenosine A3 receptor. J Immunol. 2003;171:338-45 pubmed..These results demonstrate that the A(3) adenosine receptor plays an important role in adenosine-mediated murine lung mast cell degranulation. ..
- Sun C, Zhong H, Mohsenin A, Morschl E, Chunn J, Molina J, et al. Role of A2B adenosine receptor signaling in adenosine-dependent pulmonary inflammation and injury. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:2173-2182 pubmed..Thus in chronic lung diseases associated with increased adenosine, antagonism of A2BAR-mediated responses may prove to be a beneficial therapy. ..
- Maas J, Wan T, Figler R, Gross G, Auchampach J. Evidence that the acute phase of ischemic preconditioning does not require signaling by the A 2B adenosine receptor. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;49:886-93 pubmed publisher..We present the idea that the A(2B)AR may contribute to the later stages of IPC dependent on the induction of stress-responsive genes. ..
- Dubey R, Gillespie D, Jackson E. Adenosine inhibits collagen and protein synthesis in cardiac fibroblasts: role of A2B receptors. Hypertension. 1998;31:943-8 pubmed..These studies suggest, but do not prove, that endogenous adenosine may protect against cardiac fibrosis. ..
- Koscsó B, Trepakov A, Csóka B, Németh Z, Pacher P, Eltzschig H, et al. Stimulation of A2B adenosine receptors protects against trauma-hemorrhagic shock-induced lung injury. Purinergic Signal. 2013;9:427-32 pubmed publisher..Thus, we conclude that stimulation of A2B receptors protects against T/HS-induced lung and muscle injury. ..
- Rees D, Lewis M, Lewis B, Smith P, Scanlon M, Ham J. Adenosine-regulated cell proliferation in pituitary folliculostellate and endocrine cells: differential roles for the A(1) and A(2B) adenosine receptors. Endocrinology. 2002;143:2427-36 pubmed..These data highlight the differential expression of A(1) and A(2B) adenosine receptors in pituitary cells and provide evidence for opposing effects of adenosine on pituitary folliculostellate and endocrine cell growth. ..
- Cárdenas A, Toledo C, Oyarzun C, Sepúlveda A, Quezada C, Guillen Gomez E, et al. Adenosine A(2B) receptor-mediated VEGF induction promotes diabetic glomerulopathy. Lab Invest. 2013;93:135-44 pubmed publisher..Correspondingly, raised urinary adenosine levels were found in diabetic rats. In conclusion, we evidenced that adenosine signaling at the onset of diabetic kidney disease is a pathogenic event that promotes VEGF induction. ..
- Rivkees S, Reppert S. RFL9 encodes an A2b-adenosine receptor. Mol Endocrinol. 1992;6:1598-604 pubmed..The identification of the cDNA for an A2b-adenosine receptor will allow more rigorous characterization of its anatomical distribution and functional properties. ..
- Pierson P, Peteri Brünback B, Pisani D, Abbracchio M, Mienville J, Rosso L. A(2b) receptor mediates adenosine inhibition of taurine efflux from pituicytes. Biol Cell. 2007;99:445-54 pubmed..They point to a possible modulation of neurohypophysial hormone output by endogenous adenosine released in either physiological or pathological situations. ..
- Valladares D, Quezada C, Montecinos P, Concha I, Yañez A, Sobrevia L, et al. Adenosine A(2B) receptor mediates an increase on VEGF-A production in rat kidney glomeruli. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:180-5 pubmed..Furthermore, we showed that A(2B)AR activation was necessary to promote a higher expression of VEGF in kidney glomeruli upon exposure to high d-glucose concentration, a pathogenic condition like those observed in diabetic nephropathy. ..
- Talaia C, Queiroz G, Quintas C, Goncalves J. Interaction between adenosine A 2B-receptors and alpha2-adrenoceptors on the modulation of noradrenaline release in the rat vas deferens: possible involvement of a group 2 adenylyl cyclase isoform. Neurochem Int. 2005;47:418-29 pubmed
- Peakman M, Hill S. Adenosine A2B-receptor-mediated cyclic AMP accumulation in primary rat astrocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 1994;111:191-8 pubmed..Furthermore, the presence of A1-receptors negatively coupled to adenylyl cyclase appears to have no significant effect on the A2B-receptor-mediated cyclic AMP responses to NECA and 2-chloroadenosine. ..
- Mi T, Abbasi S, Zhang H, Uray K, Chunn J, Xia L, et al. Excess adenosine in murine penile erectile tissues contributes to priapism via A2B adenosine receptor signaling. J Clin Invest. 2008;118:1491-501 pubmed publisher..These findings provide insight regarding the molecular basis of priapism and suggest that strategies to either reduce adenosine or block A2BR activation may prove beneficial in the treatment of this disorder. ..
- Kang M, Koh H. Involvement of guanylate cyclase in the cardiovascular response induced by adenosine A2B receptor stimulation in the posterior hypothalamus of the anesthetized rats. Auton Neurosci. 2007;134:55-60 pubmed
- Livermore S, Nurse C. Enhanced adenosine A2b receptor signaling facilitates stimulus-induced catecholamine secretion in chronically hypoxic carotid body type I cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2013;305:C739-50 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that paracrine Ado A2b receptor signaling contributes to stimulus-evoked catecholamine secretion in Nox and CHox CB chemoreceptors; however, the effects of Ado are more robust after CHox. ..
- Lynge J, Schulte G, Nordsborg N, Fredholm B, Hellsten Y. Adenosine A 2B receptors modulate cAMP levels and induce CREB but not ERK1/2 and p38 phosphorylation in rat skeletal muscle cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;307:180-7 pubmed
- Dubey R, Gillespie D, Zacharia L, Mi Z, Jackson E. A(2b) receptors mediate the antimitogenic effects of adenosine in cardiac fibroblasts. Hypertension. 2001;37:716-21 pubmed..Pharmacologic or molecular biological activation of A(2B) receptors may prevent cardiac remodeling associated with hypertension, myocardial infarction, and myocardial reperfusion injury after ischemia. ..
- Shi Y, Liu X, Gebremedhin D, Falck J, Harder D, Koehler R. Interaction of mechanisms involving epoxyeicosatrienoic acids, adenosine receptors, and metabotropic glutamate receptors in neurovascular coupling in rat whisker barrel cortex. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008;28:111-25 pubmed
- Jackson E, Ren J, Gillespie D. 2',3'-cAMP, 3'-AMP, and 2'-AMP inhibit human aortic and coronary vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation via A2B receptors. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2011;301:H391-401 pubmed publisher..Because adenosine inhibits VSMC proliferation via A(2B) receptors, local vascular production of 2',3'-cAMP may protect conduit arteries from atherosclerosis. ..
- Chen Y, Epperson S, Makhsudova L, Ito B, Suarez J, Dillmann W, et al. Functional effects of enhancing or silencing adenosine A2b receptors in cardiac fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2004;287:H2478-86 pubmed..In conclusion, results derived from the molecular manipulation of receptor levels indicate that A2bR are critically involved in ADO-mediated inhibition of CF functions. ..
- Marquardt D, Walker L, Heinemann S. Cloning of two adenosine receptor subtypes from mouse bone marrow-derived mast cells. J Immunol. 1994;152:4508-15 pubmed..Mast cells possess at least two adenosine receptor subtypes that may be differentially regulated. ..
- Wilkinson P, Farrell F, Morel D, LAW W, Murphy S. Adenosine Signaling Increases Proinflammatory and Profibrotic Mediators through Activation of a Functional Adenosine 2B Receptor in Renal Fibroblasts. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2016;46:339-45 pubmed
- Weller J, Pose M, Protzel C, Mader F, Porath K, KÃ¶hling R, et al. Age-related decrease of adenosine-mediated relaxation in rat detrusor is a result of A2B receptor downregulation. Int J Urol. 2015;22:322-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, this might be pathophysiologically relevant in conditions of raised adenosine concentrations, such as hyperactive bladder contractility. ..