Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acvr2b
Description: activin A receptor type 2B
Alias: activin receptor type-2B, ACTR-IIB, ActRIIB type II activin receptor B, Activine receptor 2b (transmembrane serine kinase), activin A receptor, type IIB, activin receptor IIB, activin receptor type IIB
- Barbara N, Wrana J, Letarte M. Endoglin is an accessory protein that interacts with the signaling receptor complex of multiple members of the transforming growth factor-beta superfamily. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:584-94 pubmed..Our data suggest that endoglin is an accessory protein of multiple kinase receptor complexes of the TGF-beta superfamily. ..
- Martins da Silva S, Bayne R, Cambray N, Hartley P, McNeilly A, Anderson R. Expression of activin subunits and receptors in the developing human ovary: activin A promotes germ cell survival and proliferation before primordial follicle formation. Dev Biol. 2004;266:334-45 pubmed..These data indicate that activin may be involved in the autocrine and paracrine regulation of germ cell proliferation in the human ovary during the crucial period of development leading up to primordial follicle formation. ..
- Lee Y, Lee S. Regulation of GDF-11 and myostatin activity by GASP-1 and GASP-2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:E3713-22 pubmed publisher..All of these findings suggest that both GASP-1 and GASP-2 are important modulators of GDF-11 and MSTN activity in vivo. ..
- Lavery K, Swain P, Falb D, Alaoui Ismaili M. BMP-2/4 and BMP-6/7 differentially utilize cell surface receptors to induce osteoblastic differentiation of human bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:20948-58 pubmed publisher..BMPR1B and ACVR2B were expressed at low levels and were not found to play a significant role in signaling by any of the BMPs ..
- Wang E, Ma E, Woodruff T. Activin signal transduction in the fetal rat adrenal gland and in human H295R cells. J Endocrinol. 2003;178:137-48 pubmed..This suggests that in the adrenal gland the components of the activin receptor/Smad pathway are dynamically changing in the transition from fetal to neonatal life, and are important to the function of this organ. ..
- Kosaki R, Gebbia M, Kosaki K, Lewin M, Bowers P, Towbin J, et al. Left-right axis malformations associated with mutations in ACVR2B, the gene for human activin receptor type IIB. Am J Med Genet. 1999;82:70-6 pubmedTargeted disruption of the mouse activin receptor type IIB gene (Acvr2b) results in abnormal left-right (LR) axis development among Acvr2b-/- homozygotes [Oh and Li, 1997: Genes Dev 11:1812-1826]...
- Niessen K, Zhang G, Ridgway J, Chen H, Yan M. ALK1 signaling regulates early postnatal lymphatic vessel development. Blood. 2010;115:1654-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, our study reveals a novel aspect of ALK1 signaling in regulating lymphatic development and suggests that targeting ALK1 pathway might provide additional control of lymphangiogenesis in human diseases. ..
- Dudas M, Kim J, Li W, Nagy A, Larsson J, Karlsson S, et al. Epithelial and ectomesenchymal role of the type I TGF-beta receptor ALK5 during facial morphogenesis and palatal fusion. Dev Biol. 2006;296:298-314 pubmed
- Ferguson C, Tucker A, Heikinheimo K, Nomura M, Oh P, Li E, et al. The role of effectors of the activin signalling pathway, activin receptors IIA and IIB, and Smad2, in patterning of tooth development. Development. 2001;128:4605-13 pubmed..Activin, thus, has an essential role in early development of incisor and mandibular molar teeth but this pathway is not required for development of maxillary molars. ..
- Drummond A, Dyson M, Le M, Ethier J, Findlay J. Ovarian follicle populations of the rat express TGF-beta signalling pathways. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2003;202:53-7 pubmed..It remains to be established however, as to which follicle subtypes these pathways are active in. ..
- Nakamura T, Sugino K, Kurosawa N, Sawai M, Takio K, Eto Y, et al. Isolation and characterization of activin receptor from mouse embryonal carcinoma cells. Identification of its serine/threonine/tyrosine protein kinase activity. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:18924-8 pubmed..These results suggest that signal transduction of activin employs a novel pathway via a new class of cellular receptor in EC P19 cells. ..
- Pukach L. [Value of electrocardiography in the selection of persons for work under high altitude conditions]. Voen Med Zh. 1978;:49-51 pubmed
- Yndestad A, Ueland T, Øie E, Florholmen G, Halvorsen B, Attramadal H, et al. Elevated levels of activin A in heart failure: potential role in myocardial remodeling. Circulation. 2004;109:1379-85 pubmed
- Feng Z, Madigan M, Chen C. Expression of type II activin receptor genes in the male and female reproductive tissues of the rat. Endocrinology. 1993;132:2593-600 pubmed
- Legerski R, Zhou X, Dresback J, Eberspaecher H, McKinney S, Segarini P, et al. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel rat activin receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1992;183:672-9 pubmed..In an expression assay, this new receptor was found to bind I125 radiolabeled activin. ..
- Oh S, Yeo C, Lee Y, Schrewe H, Whitman M, Li E. Activin type IIA and IIB receptors mediate Gdf11 signaling in axial vertebral patterning. Genes Dev. 2002;16:2749-54 pubmed..In addition, we also show that these two receptors can functionally compensate for one another to mediate signaling of another TGF-beta ligand, nodal, during left-right patterning and the development of anterior head structure. ..
- Bueno P, Bassi D, Contrera D, Carnielli H, Silva R, Nonaka K, et al. Post-exercise changes in myostatin and actRIIB expression in obese insulin-resistant rats. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011;339:159-64 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, the results demonstrate that the expression of MSTN and ActRIIB mRNA changes in both adipose tissue and skeletal muscle in diet-induced obese and exercised rats and suggest the participation of MSTN in energy homeostasis. ..
- Oh S, Li E. The signaling pathway mediated by the type IIB activin receptor controls axial patterning and lateral asymmetry in the mouse. Genes Dev. 1997;11:1812-26 pubmed..These findings provide genetic evidence that the ActRIIB-mediated signaling pathway plays a critical role in patterning both anteroposterior and left-right axes in vertebrate animals. ..
- Thompson T, Woodruff T, Jardetzky T. Structures of an ActRIIB:activin A complex reveal a novel binding mode for TGF-beta ligand:receptor interactions. EMBO J. 2003;22:1555-66 pubmed
- Goto Y, Nomura M, Tanaka K, Kondo A, Morinaga H, Okabe T, et al. Genetic interactions between activin type IIB receptor and Smad2 genes in asymmetrical patterning of the thoracic organs and the development of pancreas islets. Dev Dyn. 2007;236:2865-74 pubmed..This genetic evidence strongly suggested that ActRIIB and Smad2 function in the same signaling pathway to regulate axial patterning and pancreas islet formation by means of a threshold mechanism. ..
- Andersson O, Reissmann E, Ibanez C. Growth differentiation factor 11 signals through the transforming growth factor-beta receptor ALK5 to regionalize the anterior-posterior axis. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:831-7 pubmed..but not in Alk4 or Alk7, potentiated Gdf11(-/-)-like phenotypes in vertebral, kidney and palate development in an Acvr2b(-/-) background, indicating a genetic interaction between the two receptor genes...
- Rebbapragada A, Benchabane H, Wrana J, Celeste A, Attisano L. Myostatin signals through a transforming growth factor beta-like signaling pathway to block adipogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7230-42 pubmed..Thus, our results reveal a strikingly specific antagonism of BMP7-mediated processes by myostatin and suggest that myostatin is an important regulator of adipogenesis. ..
- Dutra D, Bueno P, Silva R, Nakahara N, Selistre Araújo H, Nonaka K, et al. Expression of myostatin, myostatin receptors and follistatin in diabetic rats submitted to exercise. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2012;39:417-22 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that MSTN, its receptors and FS expression change in both the muscle and fat of diabetic rats and that the expression of these factors can be modulated by exercise in diabetes. ..
- Kim S, Hebrok M, Li E, Oh S, Schrewe H, Harmon E, et al. Activin receptor patterning of foregut organogenesis. Genes Dev. 2000;14:1866-71 pubmed..Thus, activin receptor-mediated signaling regulates axial patterning, cell differentiation, and function of foregut-derived organs. ..
- Greenwald J, Vega M, Allendorph G, Fischer W, Vale W, Choe S. A flexible activin explains the membrane-dependent cooperative assembly of TGF-beta family receptors. Mol Cell. 2004;15:485-9 pubmed..We propose that activin affinity is modulated by the ligand flexibility and that cooperativity is achieved by binding to two ActRII chains that immobilize activin in a type I binding-competent orientation. ..
- Attisano L, Wrana J, Montalvo E, Massague J. Activation of signalling by the activin receptor complex. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1066-73 pubmed..The evidence suggests that ActR-IIB acts as a primary activin receptor and ActR-IB acts as a downstream transducer of activin signals. ..