Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Actn4
Description: actinin alpha 4
Alias: alpha-actinin-4, F-actin cross-linking protein, non-muscle alpha-actinin 4
- Keicher C, Gambaryan S, Schulze E, Marcus K, Meyer H, Butt E. Phosphorylation of mouse LASP-1 on threonine 156 by cAMP- and cGMP-dependent protein kinase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:308-16 pubmed..Immunoblotting of LASP-1 in various mouse and human tissues detected a similar prominent expression in non-muscle tissue. Altogether, our data suggest so far no functional differences between human and mouse LASP-1. ..
- Geisert E, Yang L, Irwin M. Astrocyte growth, reactivity, and the target of the antiproliferative antibody, TAPA. J Neurosci. 1996;16:5478-87 pubmed..The high levels of rTAPA at the site of CNS injury and the AMP1 antibody perturbation studies indicate that rTAPA may play a prominent role in the response of astrocytes to injury and in glial scar formation. ..
- Kigawa A, Wakui H, Maki N, Okuyama S, Masai R, Ohtani H, et al. Interaction of the spectrin-like repeats of alpha-actinin-4 with humanin peptide. Clin Exp Nephrol. 2004;8:331-8 pubmed..Our results suggest that humanin is a novel binding partner of the actinin-4 R1-R4 domain in podocytes. Humanin and PAN are unlikely to compete for the same binding surface in actinin-4. ..
- Honda K, Yamada T, Endo R, Ino Y, Gotoh M, Tsuda H, et al. Actinin-4, a novel actin-bundling protein associated with cell motility and cancer invasion. J Cell Biol. 1998;140:1383-93 pubmed..These findings suggest that cytoplasmic actinin-4 regulates the actin cytoskeleton and increases cellular motility and that its inactivation by transfer to the nucleus abolishes the metastatic potential of human cancers. ..
- Jayadev R, Kuk C, Low S, Murata Hori M. Calcium sensitivity of ?-actinin is required for equatorial actin assembly during cytokinesis. Cell Cycle. 2012;11:1929-37 pubmed publisher..Our observations shed new light on the role and regulation of the accumulation of pre-existing actin filaments in equatorial actin assembly during cytokinesis. ..
- Ogneva I, Biryukov N, Leinsoo T, Larina I. Possible role of non-muscle alpha-actinins in muscle cell mechanosensitivity. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e96395 pubmed publisher..At the same time, the concentration of the abovementioned proteins decreased in the soleus muscle fibers. ..
- Geisert E, Murphy T, Irwin M, Larjava H. A novel cell adhesion molecule, G-CAM, found on cultured rat glia. Neurosci Lett. 1991;133:262-6 pubmed..We have tentatively termed this molecule 'glial cell adhesion molecule' (G-CAM). ..
- Kim J, Lee Kwon W, Park J, Ryu S, Yun C, Donowitz M. Ca(2+)-dependent inhibition of Na+/H+ exchanger 3 (NHE3) requires an NHE3-E3KARP-alpha-actinin-4 complex for oligomerization and endocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:23714-24 pubmed..From these results, we propose that elevated Ca(2+) inhibits NHE3 activity through oligomerization and endocytosis of NHE3, which occurs via formation of an NHE3-E3KARP-alpha-actinin-4 complex. ..
- Lehtonen S, Lehtonen E, Kudlicka K, Holthofer H, Farquhar M. Nephrin forms a complex with adherens junction proteins and CASK in podocytes and in Madin-Darby canine kidney cells expressing nephrin. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:923-36 pubmed
- Gokhin D, Lewis R, McKeown C, Nowak R, Kim N, Littlefield R, et al. Tropomodulin isoforms regulate thin filament pointed-end capping and skeletal muscle physiology. J Cell Biol. 2010;189:95-109 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tmod3 and -4 compensate for the absence of Tmod1 structurally but not functionally. We conclude that Tmod1 is a novel regulator of skeletal muscle physiology. ..
- Honda K, Yamada T, Hayashida Y, Idogawa M, Sato S, Hasegawa F, et al. Actinin-4 increases cell motility and promotes lymph node metastasis of colorectal cancer. Gastroenterology. 2005;128:51-62 pubmed..When injected into the mesocecum of severe combined immunodeficient mice, DLD1 Tet-off ACTN4 cells, but not the control cells, metastasized into regional mesenteric lymph nodes, resembling the behavior of ..
- Sakane A, Alamir Mahmoud Abdallah A, Nakano K, Honda K, Kitamura T, Imoto I, et al. Junctional Rab13-binding protein (JRAB) regulates cell spreading via filamins. Genes Cells. 2013;18:810-22 pubmed publisher..However, actinin-1/-4 have no effect on the cell spreading regulated by JRAB?CC. These data suggest that JRAB contributes to the rearrangement of the actin cytoskeleton during cell spreading via filamins. ..
- Sun Y, Jaldin Fincati J, Liu Z, Bilan P, Klip A. A complex of Rab13 with MICAL-L2 and Î±-actinin-4 is essential for insulin-dependent GLUT4 exocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:75-89 pubmed publisher..Insulin further increased binding of MICAL-L2 to Î±-actinin-4 (ACTN4), a protein involved in GLUT4 translocation...
- Menez J, Le Maux Chansac B, Dorothee G, Vergnon I, Jalil A, Carlier M, et al. Mutant alpha-actinin-4 promotes tumorigenicity and regulates cell motility of a human lung carcinoma. Oncogene. 2004;23:2630-9 pubmedThe precise role of alpha-actinin-4 encoding gene (ACTN4) is not very well understood. It has been reported to elicit tumor suppressor activity and to regulate cellular motility...
- Kos C, Le T, Sinha S, Henderson J, Kim S, Sugimoto H, et al. Mice deficient in alpha-actinin-4 have severe glomerular disease. J Clin Invest. 2003;111:1683-90 pubmedDominantly inherited mutations in ACTN4, which encodes alpha-actinin-4, cause a form of human focal and segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). By homologous recombination in ES cells, we developed a mouse model deficient in Actn4...
- Ooshio T, Irie K, Morimoto K, Fukuhara A, Imai T, Takai Y. Involvement of LMO7 in the association of two cell-cell adhesion molecules, nectin and E-cadherin, through afadin and alpha-actinin in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:31365-73 pubmed..These results indicate that LMO7 is an afadin- and alpha-actinin-binding protein that connects the nectin-afadin and E-cadherin-catenin systems through alpha-actinin. ..
- Yang N, Schindeler A, McDonald M, Seto J, Houweling P, Lek M, et al. ?-Actinin-3 deficiency is associated with reduced bone mass in human and mouse. Bone. 2011;49:790-8 pubmed publisher..Given the high frequency of R577X in the general population, the potential role of ACTN3 R577X as a factor influencing variations in BMD in elderly humans warrants further study. ..
- Michaud J, Chaisson K, Parks R, Kennedy C. FSGS-associated alpha-actinin-4 (K256E) impairs cytoskeletal dynamics in podocytes. Kidney Int. 2006;70:1054-61 pubmedMutations in the ACTN4 gene, encoding the actin crosslinking protein alpha-actinin-4, are associated with a familial form of focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS)...
- Torrado M, Senatorov V, Trivedi R, Fariss R, Tomarev S. Pdlim2, a novel PDZ-LIM domain protein, interacts with alpha-actinins and filamin A. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:3955-63 pubmed..These results suggest that Pdlim2, like other ALP subfamily members, may act as an adapter that directs other proteins to the cytoskeleton. ..
- Talior Volodarsky I, Randhawa V, Zaid H, Klip A. Alpha-actinin-4 is selectively required for insulin-induced GLUT4 translocation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:25115-23 pubmed publisher..amino acid labeling and mass spectrometry, we observed insulin-dependent co-precipitation of actinin-4 (ACTN4) with GLUT4 (Foster, L. J., Rudich, A., Talior, I., Patel, N., Huang, X., Furtado, L. M., Bilan, P. J., Mann, M...
- Noda Y, Horikawa S, Katayama Y, Sasaki S. Identification of a multiprotein "motor" complex binding to water channel aquaporin-2. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2005;330:1041-7 pubmed..Our findings show for the first time an AQP2-binding multiprotein "force generator" complex. This multiprotein complex may provide the machinery of driving AQP2 movement. ..
- Asanuma K, Kim K, Oh J, Giardino L, Chabanis S, Faul C, et al. Synaptopodin regulates the actin-bundling activity of alpha-actinin in an isoform-specific manner. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:1188-98 pubmed..In concert, synaptopodin regulates the actin-bundling activity of alpha-actinin in highly dynamic cell compartments, such as podocyte FPs and the dendritic spine apparatus. ..
- Ehrlicher A, Krishnan R, Guo M, Bidan C, Weitz D, Pollak M. Alpha-actinin binding kinetics modulate cellular dynamics and force generation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015;112:6619-24 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the binding affinity of the actin cross-linker Î±-actinin 4 (ACTN4) in cells modulates cytoplasmic mobility, cellular movement, and traction forces...
- Bijian K, Takano T, Papillon J, Le Berre L, Michaud J, Kennedy C, et al. Actin cytoskeleton regulates extracellular matrix-dependent survival signals in glomerular epithelial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2005;289:F1313-23 pubmed..Appropriate remodeling of the actin cytoskeleton may be necessary for facilitating survival, as both disassembly and excessive crosslinking affect survival adversely. ..
- Cybulsky A, Takano T, Papillon J, Bijian K, Guillemette J, Kennedy C. Glomerular epithelial cell injury associated with mutant alpha-actinin-4. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F987-95 pubmed publisher..In addition, alpha-actinin-4 K256E exacerbated apoptosis in the context of mild proteasome inhibition. Thus alpha-actinin-4 K256E triggers several metabolic abnormalities, which may lead to GEC injury and glomerulosclerosis. ..
- Ha T. High glucose and advanced glycosylated end-products affect the expression of alpha-actinin-4 in glomerular epithelial cells. Nephrology (Carlton). 2006;11:435-41 pubmed
- Kaplan J, Kim S, North K, Rennke H, Correia L, Tong H, et al. Mutations in ACTN4, encoding alpha-actinin-4, cause familial focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. Nat Genet. 2000;24:251-6 pubmed..Here we present evidence implicating mutations in the gene encoding alpha-actinin-4 (ACTN4; ref...
- Sakane A, Honda K, Sasaki T. Rab13 regulates neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells through its effector protein, JRAB/MICAL-L2. Mol Cell Biol. 2010;30:1077-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Rab13 and JRAB/MICAL-L2 may act to transfer actinin-4 from the cell body to the tips of neurites, where actinin-4 is involved in the reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton which results in neurite outgrowth. ..
- Beqqali A, Monshouwer Kloots J, Monteiro R, Welling M, Bakkers J, Ehler E, et al. CHAP is a newly identified Z-disc protein essential for heart and skeletal muscle function. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1141-50 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that CHAP is a critical component of the sarcomere with an important role in muscle development. ..
- Poliakov L, Malinskiĭ D, Kubakin V. [Complex evaluation of the health status indicators of military personnel]. Voen Med Zh. 1978;:15-20 pubmed
- Goto H, Wakui H, Komatsuda A, Ohtani H, Imai H, Sawada K, et al. Renal alpha-actinin-4: purification and puromycin aminonucleoside-binding property. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2003;93:e27-35 pubmed..Moreover, our findings indicate that the central rod domain of actinin-4 has a high affinity to PAN. In the PAN nephrosis animal model, actinin-4 might be a target protein from PAN nephrotoxicity. ..
- Irwin M, Geisert E. The upregulation of a glial cell surface antigen at the astrocytic scar in the rat. Neurosci Lett. 1993;154:57-60 pubmed..The correlation between AMP1 antigen upregulation and reactive gliosis suggests that this molecule is critical to the process of CNS scar formation. ..